Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. The MyRoute-app
  3. [App] Suggestions and Discussion
  4. Feature Request: Map Contrast & Road Visibility in Navigation⁠

Feature Request: Map Contrast & Road Visibility in Navigation⁠

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [App] Suggestions and Discussion
navigation
11 Posts 9 Posters 888 Views 3 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • LennyO
    LennyO
    LennyO
    RouteXpert
    wrote last edited by
    #2

    I am all in for better contrast, but I would like it slightly different then yours, which makes the map way too busy for my taste.
    Personally I would appreciate a little more contrast for roads and more than that for street names and such.

    Positive emotions are worth every penny ;)

    Rezzonico Mauro 1 Reply Last reply
    2
    • LennyO LennyO

      I am all in for better contrast, but I would like it slightly different then yours, which makes the map way too busy for my taste.
      Personally I would appreciate a little more contrast for roads and more than that for street names and such.

      Rezzonico Mauro
      Rezzonico Mauro
      Rezzonico Mauro
      wrote last edited by
      #3

      @LennyO
      Thanks for the feedback Lenny! My image was just an exaggerated visual example to clearly highlight the contrast issue. Having customizable display settings—or a subtle balance like you described—would indeed be the perfect solution so everyone can adjust it to their taste.

      1 Reply Last reply
      2
      • Guzzist
        Guzzist
        Guzzist
        Valued contributor
        wrote last edited by
        #4

        I fully agree! And it is discussed in other threads too.
        I drive a lot in all weather conditions the whole year and it's often annoying to have a white (or light grey) screen and white roads on it. So, it's not helpful for such map style, to have a screen with 3000 NITS; white is white.

        I know it would be not easy to find a color scheme, which fits for all users. Therefore I often suggested: the configuration of the color scheme should be kept in a txt file of the app. If users with passion want to optimise it for own needs, they can override the #hex code for some colours.
        That's not difficult for users and there is no risk.
        Garmin is doing it for Zŭmo models.

        Nothing is impossible ;-)
        In past: GARMIN Zumo 210->GARMIN Zumo 395->GARMIN XT=> now: DMD T865-X + MyRoute-App, LocusMaps, OsmAnd.
        In past: GARMIN MapSource ->GARMIN BaseCamp->Tyre->Kurviger->Calimoto=> now: MRA-Routplanner.

        1 Reply Last reply
        2
        • Stevedo 6 0
          Stevedo 6 0
          Stevedo 6 0
          wrote last edited by
          #5

          I agree with all the sentiments that this needs to be addressed.

          I think the best way to address this is not via a txt file but by a number of profiles that can be configured by the end user. These profiles would be configured in the online planner and synchronised to the app for navigation. The end user can then select the most appropriate profile for their current situation.

          So for example, I might configure a profile for use on my bike where I use a ruggedised phone for navigation. In my car I have a built-in Android Auto/Carplay device which would use a different profile. For my camper I have a different set of requirements and therefore a different profile. The key is that I as the end user can define, easily save and then select the best profile for my scenario.

          Settings would include, but certainly not limited to: map colours, road colours, contrast, route colour, line width and opacity, map scaling, zoom level at which POI's appear (by category), etc etc.

          This way you can set a "sensible" default that can be used, probably by a majority of users, but also give "power" users the opportunity to customise their navigation experience.

          We all use different devices in different environments, some are colour blind or have other visual impairments and others have very strong preferences. The development team will never be able to accommodate all of these scenarios so give the end user the option to choose.

          1 Reply Last reply
          4
          • Terry Cox 0
            Terry Cox 0
            Terry Cox 0
            wrote last edited by
            #6

            I agree, the maps on Car Play are far too washed out. You can see your highlighted road but you have no context to other streets. I have stopped using MRA Nav for this very reason.

            1 Reply Last reply
            1
            • Hubert Thoring
              Hubert Thoring
              Hubert Thoring
              Valued contributor
              wrote last edited by Hubert Thoring
              #7

              Yes, I think the topic of map contrasts is also really important, but it is not taken up by the MRA team at the moment ... had already written something about it in the beta area.

              Here is the map example: MRA to G-Maps

              • Same view of the forest road

              —-###—
              Ja ich finde das Thema Karten Kontraste auch wirklich wichtig, es wird allerdings im Moment vom MRA Team nicht aufgegriffen … hatte dazu auch schon was im Beta Bereich geschrieben.

              Hier das Karten Beispiel: MRA zu G-Maps

              • Gleiche Sicht auf die Forststraße

              IMG_1641.jpeg

              IMG_1646.png

              IMG_1645.png

              Even when zooming out, the forest road on the left remains much more visible.

              —-###—-

              Selbst beim raus Zoomen bleibt die Forststraße links viel besser sichtbar.

              IMG_1640.jpeg

              IMG_1643.png

              VG Hubert
              Beta Test "Next App" dazu die Hardware .
              iPad 9. Gen iOS 26.7/ iPhone 16e iOS 26.7/ Navi iPhone Xr iOS 18.7.10 / PC mit MS Win11 /❗️MyRoute-App im Cradel und Remotek-One❗️ Info zu MRA & Remotek One

              1 Reply Last reply
              1
              • BertM
                BertM
                BertM
                wrote last edited by
                #8

                I do not know how the cards work inside MRA, but the HERE cards inside Garmin work with a so called a TYP file. With this you can set the card items to your own liking.
                For my outdoor Garmin devices I use cards in my own style made from OSM maps, I still use the old java programs from 15 years ago for that.

                1 Reply Last reply
                2
                • Hubert Thoring
                  Hubert Thoring
                  Hubert Thoring
                  Valued contributor
                  wrote last edited by
                  #9

                  @bertm : Good if you can do it yourself 👍

                  VG Hubert
                  Beta Test "Next App" dazu die Hardware .
                  iPad 9. Gen iOS 26.7/ iPhone 16e iOS 26.7/ Navi iPhone Xr iOS 18.7.10 / PC mit MS Win11 /❗️MyRoute-App im Cradel und Remotek-One❗️ Info zu MRA & Remotek One

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • Adventurer18743
                    Adventurer18743
                    Adventurer18743
                    wrote last edited by
                    #10

                    I highly support the idea of higher contrast. I love the way the WonderWheel of BMW is integrated in MRA, but the low contrast and the spinning map push me to use other apps with way poorer integration.
                    Being able to choose the color of the route would be a nice first step. For comparison, these are the solutions of kurviger and scenic.

                    MRA.jpg
                    Scenic.jpg
                    Kurviger.jpg

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • AWDC LAO
                      AWDC LAO
                      AWDC LAO
                      wrote last edited by AWDC LAO
                      #11

                      It all depends on the underlying maps and what sort of route you want to follow! On-road, soft-road, dirt, off-road, enduro, and so on.
                      What information needs to be visible?
                      Is it suitable for people with colour blindness?

                      Scherm­afbeelding 2026-09-28 om 12.47.03.jpg Scherm­afbeelding 2026-09-28 om 12.47.22.jpg Scherm­afbeelding 2026-09-28 om 12.47.39.jpg Scherm­afbeelding 2026-09-28 om 12.48.00.jpg

                      R1300GS Adv BlackPanther BMW, Apple MacBook Pro M4, Carpe Iter V4c, ervaring met TTR550, ZumoXT2 & iPhone 12 pro max. (VIRP)

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      1

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      ACTIVE USERS
                      BertM
                      BertM
                      AWDC LAO
                      AWDC LAO
                      LennyO
                      LennyO
                      Guzzist
                      Guzzist
                      Hubert Thoring
                      Hubert Thoring
                      Adventurer18743
                      Adventurer18743
                      Stevedo 6 0
                      Stevedo 6 0
                      Terry Cox 0
                      Terry Cox 0
                      Rezzonico Mauro
                      Rezzonico Mauro
                      POPULAR TOPICS
                      • [NL] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                        superg
                        superg
                        5
                        89
                        2.3k

                      • [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                        Drabslab
                        Drabslab
                        9
                        92
                        2.5k

                      • Elektrisch voertuig
                        Marinus van Deudekom
                        Marinus van Deudekom
                        0
                        22
                        761

                      • Garmin Satnav vs MRA Navigation Next
                        Peter Zehentreiter
                        Peter Zehentreiter
                        0
                        5
                        120

                      • Altitude numbers size
                        Lluis Arasanz
                        Lluis Arasanz
                        0
                        5
                        112

                      • Eerste keer MRA met Android auto, een wat mindere ervaring
                        AWDC LAO
                        AWDC LAO
                        0
                        4
                        66

                      • Seizoensafsluitingen
                        Con Hennekens
                        Con Hennekens
                        0
                        4
                        58

                      • Hoe kan ik in één route een stuk met en een stuk zonder snelwegen plannen
                        Con Hennekens
                        Con Hennekens
                        0
                        3
                        107

                      MY GROUPS
                      • Login

                      • Login or register to search.
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Popular
                      • Support
                      • MyRoute-app