@Ronald-Weaver I can understan your pain. I have same experience comming from using MRA -> GARMIN Zumo 210 to MRA -> GARMIN 396!
- with Zumo 210, it was so easy to transmit a route from MRA to SatNav Device
- with GARMIN 396, MRA is sending track and route both (may this is based on GPX 1.1). Therefore, you need to learn, how many WP you should have in your route, to force the SatNav onto the same (Garmin 396 will always recalculate after import!).
- if you see only direkt route lines after transmit a route to SatNav, please udate general settings in SatNav to use shortest, or quickest and not direct line (Airplane).
- but my biggest pain is: also if I have used shaping points and via points in MRA, after transmission to GARMIN 396, there are only shaping ponits in SatNav Device! Means if you start the route, you will have only information on screen about starting point and end point - nothing between.
If you want to know, how far ist remaining distance to WP (via point, may fuel station) SatNav can't tell you.
- if you want to keep your via point of MRA, you need to change each point after transmit in SatNav. If you open the route in App route planning in SatNav, at first you can see all WP, click (tip) on the icon of an WP, this will change it to the other type. Tip again will change type back.
With type via point, SatNav will tell you ongoing time and distanye to it on screen and will inform you if you have reachd it.
@Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master Not everybody is familiar to drive with track overlay on screen at SatNav. Per example, I was always happy to be informed by speech, in stressfull road situations.
But last month, we drove offroad in Italy and no SatNav device in our group knowed those streets (but MRA with those different maps knowed). So, there was no other option to use topographic maps in SatNav - and the track of our route (MRA has also transmitted) as overlay on screen to be able to detect: yes, we are on the correct road.
Still navigation support with signals or speech; "in 50 meters, turn right" isn't possible with topographic maps.
Final suggestion: could developers please check, why MRA isn't sending shaping points and via points correctly to GARMIN396.