Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. The MyRoute-app
  3. [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
  4. Auto skip many waypoints by itself while I was on route. [5.2.0 - 474]

Auto skip many waypoints by itself while I was on route. [5.2.0 - 474]

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
46 Posts 12 Posters 5.3k Views 4 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • paul69 paul69

    hi @Brian-McG

    thanks for the map tip, TBH that was the one thing I did not check, but the roads we were on are well established and have never changed in many years.
    We were riding routes as routes.
    I had thought of changing it to "as tracks" although as I wrote it did not cause any riding issues, as we were aware of the discrepancies.

    It was more about pointing out the issue, as the one which had changed had Internet access, but offline nav enabled.

    it may be a useful point for anyone else if they come across this issue when riding in groups, which I guess would be better for everyone to use tracks.
    One point on that, when I select this option, I always get the "go online for better track navigation" or words to that effect, can't remember off hand. My NN is on a tablet with no SIM card, therefore never any internet access.
    ✌️

    Brian McG
    Brian McG
    Brian McG
    wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @paul69 the roads may well be established but if one of the sets of map data contains data about a road being impassable i.e. closed for construction or if the map data weights a road with a different average speed then the calculation of route could possibly result in a different being calculated

    BlackView BV7100, Android 12
    Navigate "Routes as Tracks" in Offline mode with Offline Maps
    No Wifi, no internet, no interruptions, works well

    paul69 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • LennyO LennyO

      @paul69 By definition, calculated route when offline, may not be exactly the same as you planned.
      And the fact that the only people who had it different are the ones using the offline navigation kind of proves it.
      Also, did they have "Navigate routes as tracks" selected?
      Thx!

      paul69
      paul69
      paul69
      wrote on last edited by
      #30

      hi @LennyO

      calculated route when offline, may not be exactly the same as you planned.

      not entirely sure what you mean here. Why would it calculate an already planned route. The routes are planned on the MRA website and automatically sync to the devices when NN opened, my routes do not change when I use NN, (lets not discuss seasonal closures etc)

      And the fact that the only people who had it different are the ones using the offline navigation kind of proves it.

      the one with internet access had the route changed on their device, not mine (without Internet), for me the route remained as we had planned on the laptop, we both had offline navigation enabled in settings

      did not have routes as tracks.

      to achieve, we must first attempt ✌️
      K1600 GTL
      Oukitel RT3
      iPhone 13 Pro, carpuride 702b

      LennyO 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Brian McG Brian McG

        @paul69 the roads may well be established but if one of the sets of map data contains data about a road being impassable i.e. closed for construction or if the map data weights a road with a different average speed then the calculation of route could possibly result in a different being calculated

        paul69
        paul69
        paul69
        wrote on last edited by
        #31

        hi @Brian-McG said:

        the roads may well be established but if one of the sets of map data contains data about a road being impassable i.e. closed for construction or if the map data weights a road with a different average speed then the calculation of route could possibly result in a different being calculated

        suppose that's a fair point, one to remember for the future when arranging rides with others.
        TBF this can be the only explanation as nothing else would explain it.

        Take note all who read this, forget about the online, offline, internet or no internet, debacle, check your maps, obviously before you leave home on your trips with your mates 😂
        ✌️

        to achieve, we must first attempt ✌️
        K1600 GTL
        Oukitel RT3
        iPhone 13 Pro, carpuride 702b

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • paul69
          paul69
          paul69
          wrote on last edited by
          #32

          hi @brian-mcg
          just thought I'd give you a quick update. I checked with my riding buddy and yes you are correct, his version was quite a few updates behind. It did not occur to me to even check if he had done this.
          I thought I was quite an experienced user of MRA, but it shows there is always something to learn.
          Complete School boy error but not too proud to admit it 😂

          I imagine this will be a good reminder for people to check the map versions.
          ✌️

          to achieve, we must first attempt ✌️
          K1600 GTL
          Oukitel RT3
          iPhone 13 Pro, carpuride 702b

          Brian McG 1 Reply Last reply
          1
          • paul69 paul69

            hi @LennyO

            calculated route when offline, may not be exactly the same as you planned.

            not entirely sure what you mean here. Why would it calculate an already planned route. The routes are planned on the MRA website and automatically sync to the devices when NN opened, my routes do not change when I use NN, (lets not discuss seasonal closures etc)

            And the fact that the only people who had it different are the ones using the offline navigation kind of proves it.

            the one with internet access had the route changed on their device, not mine (without Internet), for me the route remained as we had planned on the laptop, we both had offline navigation enabled in settings

            did not have routes as tracks.

            LennyO
            LennyO
            LennyO
            RouteXpert
            wrote on last edited by LennyO
            #33

            @paul69 said:

            hi @LennyO

            calculated route when offline, may not be exactly the same as you planned.

            not entirely sure what you mean here. Why would it calculate an already planned route. The routes are planned on the MRA website and automatically sync to the devices when NN opened, my routes do not change when I use NN, (lets not discuss seasonal closures etc)

            @paul69 I say that because you or your friends may have options selected in the Functional preferences that adjust the route based on the real time road work or traffic conditions.
            That also answers the second half of my previous post.

            Positive emotions are worth every penny ;)

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • paul69 paul69

              hi @brian-mcg
              just thought I'd give you a quick update. I checked with my riding buddy and yes you are correct, his version was quite a few updates behind. It did not occur to me to even check if he had done this.
              I thought I was quite an experienced user of MRA, but it shows there is always something to learn.
              Complete School boy error but not too proud to admit it 😂

              I imagine this will be a good reminder for people to check the map versions.
              ✌️

              Brian McG
              Brian McG
              Brian McG
              wrote on last edited by
              #34

              @paul69 the idea of it being the maps is only a guess not a fact
              you would need to do some testing before & after updating the maps to prove it

              BlackView BV7100, Android 12
              Navigate "Routes as Tracks" in Offline mode with Offline Maps
              No Wifi, no internet, no interruptions, works well

              paul69 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Brian McG Brian McG

                @paul69 the idea of it being the maps is only a guess not a fact
                you would need to do some testing before & after updating the maps to prove it

                paul69
                paul69
                paul69
                wrote on last edited by paul69
                #35

                @Brian-McG said:

                the idea of it being the maps is only a guess not a fact
                you would need to do some testing before & after updating the maps to prove it

                hi @brian-mcg
                if I had the time to ride those routes again, I absolutely would especially given the weather here at the moment, but we live 200 miles apart and work gets in the way😂
                Personally I believe it was probably the maps, I agree, as as you wrote, it would need to be properly evidenced, (but TBF I am not really that bothered, this was just a chat to highlight the issue for others)
                As I wrote previously, every single one of the functional settings were exactly the same, these were checked and double checked. There is no other explanation except perhaps IOS and android work differently with regard to navigation,

                to achieve, we must first attempt ✌️
                K1600 GTL
                Oukitel RT3
                iPhone 13 Pro, carpuride 702b

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • LennyO
                  LennyO
                  LennyO
                  RouteXpert
                  wrote on last edited by LennyO
                  #36

                  So, as of now it seems we have no explanation of the core issue or any solution...
                  Is somebody working on resolving it or I have missed something?
                  Thanks, all!

                  Positive emotions are worth every penny ;)

                  paul69 1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • LennyO LennyO

                    So, as of now it seems we have no explanation of the core issue or any solution...
                    Is somebody working on resolving it or I have missed something?
                    Thanks, all!

                    paul69
                    paul69
                    paul69
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #37

                    @LennyO
                    so it would seem, but if you are aware of it then you can pre-plan.

                    think the lesson for me is, (when riding in group)

                    1. ensure all have same map version
                    2. ensure all settings the same
                    3. compare the routes before riding off
                    4. might consider all to use offline nav. (I do anyway)

                    to achieve, we must first attempt ✌️
                    K1600 GTL
                    Oukitel RT3
                    iPhone 13 Pro, carpuride 702b

                    Brian McG 1 Reply Last reply
                    1
                    • paul69 paul69

                      @LennyO
                      so it would seem, but if you are aware of it then you can pre-plan.

                      think the lesson for me is, (when riding in group)

                      1. ensure all have same map version
                      2. ensure all settings the same
                      3. compare the routes before riding off
                      4. might consider all to use offline nav. (I do anyway)
                      Brian McG
                      Brian McG
                      Brian McG
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #38

                      @paul69 regards your point 3)
                      a simple check I do is to check the total mileage for the trip is exactly as expected
                      to do this I include the total mileage in the trip name somewhere near the start of the file name
                      when I open the file, the planned mileage should equal the file name mileage
                      when I start the navigation & the route is recalculated, if all is well the mileage should still be same / correct

                      its not infallible as you could get a route change that adds mileage in one area, then a second route change that takes a shortcut & reduces mileage, so you end up with the 2 changes cancelling each other out
                      however the odds on that are low & a mileage check should alert you to any signifiant deviations

                      an advantage of thi8s mileage check is it works across devices, no matter what navigation device you are using
                      if the mileages for the route do not match, at least reasonably closely, you know that the calculated route you are looking at is going to deviate somewhere along the path from the planned route

                      BlackView BV7100, Android 12
                      Navigate "Routes as Tracks" in Offline mode with Offline Maps
                      No Wifi, no internet, no interruptions, works well

                      paul69 1 Reply Last reply
                      1
                      • Brian McG Brian McG

                        @paul69 regards your point 3)
                        a simple check I do is to check the total mileage for the trip is exactly as expected
                        to do this I include the total mileage in the trip name somewhere near the start of the file name
                        when I open the file, the planned mileage should equal the file name mileage
                        when I start the navigation & the route is recalculated, if all is well the mileage should still be same / correct

                        its not infallible as you could get a route change that adds mileage in one area, then a second route change that takes a shortcut & reduces mileage, so you end up with the 2 changes cancelling each other out
                        however the odds on that are low & a mileage check should alert you to any signifiant deviations

                        an advantage of thi8s mileage check is it works across devices, no matter what navigation device you are using
                        if the mileages for the route do not match, at least reasonably closely, you know that the calculated route you are looking at is going to deviate somewhere along the path from the planned route

                        paul69
                        paul69
                        paul69
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #39

                        hi @Brian-McG

                        I used to use that tip when I had an XT after transferring routes from MRA to the XT2.
                        but it's a good reminder 👍

                        to achieve, we must first attempt ✌️
                        K1600 GTL
                        Oukitel RT3
                        iPhone 13 Pro, carpuride 702b

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • M. Schrijver
                          M. Schrijver
                          M. Schrijver
                          Valued contributor
                          wrote last edited by M. Schrijver
                          #40

                          Today i rode the route again. Just to see if the same problem happens again. And it did. Same place same result.
                          I lost cell coverage and approx 500 meters later, point 42 was skipped to point 56.

                          See the result in the screenshot below
                          Screenshot_20260906-142726.png

                          (I use MRA Next only on Android Auto. Every comment, suggestion, etc will be based on my usage with Android Auto)

                          Marinus van Deudekom 1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • M. Schrijver M. Schrijver

                            Today i rode the route again. Just to see if the same problem happens again. And it did. Same place same result.
                            I lost cell coverage and approx 500 meters later, point 42 was skipped to point 56.

                            See the result in the screenshot below
                            Screenshot_20260906-142726.png

                            Marinus van Deudekom
                            Marinus van Deudekom
                            Marinus van Deudekom
                            RouteXpert
                            wrote last edited by
                            #41

                            @M.-Schrijver send me a link to that route and if you want me to I'll have a look at it

                            Honda Goldwing GL1500,
                            Honda Silverwing GL 650
                            DMD2 T865X 8 inch Android tablet using MRA next for navigation
                            Garmin XT sold
                            Samsung S24FE mounted on a Quadlock and using Android Auto in my car

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • M. Schrijver
                              M. Schrijver
                              M. Schrijver
                              Valued contributor
                              wrote last edited by
                              #42

                              The same as on the first page:
                              https://www.myrouteapp.com/nl/social/route/14017569?mode=share

                              (I use MRA Next only on Android Auto. Every comment, suggestion, etc will be based on my usage with Android Auto)

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • M. Schrijver
                                M. Schrijver
                                M. Schrijver
                                Valued contributor
                                wrote last edited by M. Schrijver
                                #43

                                Screenshot 2026-09-06 21.12.39.png

                                Approx. at point 1 i lost my cell coverage.
                                At point 2 I heard and saw the auto skipping to point 56

                                This was in the town center of Uelsen

                                (I use MRA Next only on Android Auto. Every comment, suggestion, etc will be based on my usage with Android Auto)

                                ErikMatthezing 1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • Ronnie Moore
                                  Ronnie Moore
                                  Ronnie Moore
                                  wrote last edited by
                                  #44

                                  Jumping waypoints has been an issue for me for a while. I've had the issue with it skipping waypoints over several versions since the rewrite.

                                  I have skipping waypoints and rerouting turned off.

                                  I've noticed it when I'm doing a loop and an early waypoint and a later waypoint are nearby ~20 miles. It will jump to that point and not give any warning until it starts trying route me to the later point. I hadn't noticed the status of cell coverage but most areas I ride have poor coverage.

                                  I made a forum post a while back and didn't get much response so thought it might be specific to my setup.

                                  https://forum.myrouteapp.com/topic/10753/app-skips-waypoints-even-thought-skipping-waypoints-is-turned-off?_=1788917858054

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • M. Schrijver M. Schrijver

                                    Screenshot 2026-09-06 21.12.39.png

                                    Approx. at point 1 i lost my cell coverage.
                                    At point 2 I heard and saw the auto skipping to point 56

                                    This was in the town center of Uelsen

                                    ErikMatthezing
                                    ErikMatthezing
                                    ErikMatthezing
                                    wrote last edited by
                                    #45

                                    @M.-Schrijver My suspicion is that at that moment, point 56 was closer than point 42 and the app wanted to go there. What I always try to do myself is place a point after the turn at every change of street/direction. If I see that there are no points on a long stretch, I add a few (after a fork or turn). Then, if something happens, I can skip the points more easily, or, as in your case, prevent the app from wanting to go to a closer point. Personally, I have automatic point skipping turned off (so this doesn't happen) and recalculate enabled.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • M. Schrijver
                                      M. Schrijver
                                      M. Schrijver
                                      Valued contributor
                                      wrote last edited by
                                      #46

                                      I agree that point 56 pretty close 42 is. And from certain point of view it is not that strange that MRA skipped to point 56. But....
                                      1.
                                      There was no reason recalculate. No roadworks, no deviation from my side. Me, the blue and white line were all still on the same road.
                                      2.
                                      The issue is reproducable. This means something is wrong. But what?
                                      3.
                                      When MRA is forced to recalculate (whatever the reason is). Why not recalculate to point 43. This is more obvious for the user.

                                      (I use MRA Next only on Android Auto. Every comment, suggestion, etc will be based on my usage with Android Auto)

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      1

                                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                      Register Login
                                      Reply
                                      • Reply as topic
                                      Log in to reply
                                      • Oldest to Newest
                                      • Newest to Oldest
                                      • Most Votes


                                      • 1
                                      • 2
                                      • 3
                                      ACTIVE USERS
                                      Con Hennekens
                                      Con Hennekens
                                      M. Schrijver
                                      M. Schrijver
                                      LennyO
                                      LennyO
                                      Brian McG
                                      Brian McG
                                      Marinus van Deudekom
                                      Marinus van Deudekom
                                      HABVEN aka MrMRA
                                      HABVEN aka MrMRA
                                      RetiredWingMan
                                      RetiredWingMan
                                      ErikMatthezing
                                      ErikMatthezing
                                      Ronnie Moore
                                      Ronnie Moore
                                      stuart marritt
                                      stuart marritt
                                      paul69
                                      paul69
                                      Reid Squier
                                      Reid Squier
                                      POPULAR TOPICS
                                      • A02 Routes en tracks kopiëren - Oude webplanner naar nieuwe webplanner
                                        Jörgen
                                        Jörgen
                                        0
                                        9
                                        25

                                      • How to plan correctly
                                        Christian Feurstein
                                        Christian Feurstein
                                        0
                                        15
                                        525

                                      • test Myroute APP
                                        Travellexxie
                                        Travellexxie
                                        4
                                        26
                                        1.9k

                                      • Route name in the planning screen is gone?
                                        Corjan Meijerink
                                        Corjan Meijerink
                                        1
                                        6
                                        24

                                      • How to import gpx - via Route or Route-Track?
                                        Jörg Neudert
                                        Jörg Neudert
                                        0
                                        18
                                        679

                                      • [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                                        LE DIZES Freddy
                                        LE DIZES Freddy
                                        9
                                        105
                                        8.0k

                                      • Arrival time (depending on vehicle)
                                        Corjan Meijerink
                                        Corjan Meijerink
                                        0
                                        4
                                        89

                                      • F001 POIs Adding from selection is not possible
                                        Corjan Meijerink
                                        Corjan Meijerink
                                        0
                                        3
                                        22

                                      MY GROUPS
                                      • Login

                                      • Login or register to search.
                                      • First post
                                        Last post
                                      0
                                      • Categories
                                      • Recent
                                      • Popular
                                      • Support
                                      • MyRoute-app