Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. MyRoute-app Routeplanner
  3. [Web] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
  4. Add existing POI to a route?

Add existing POI to a route?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [Web] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
15 Posts 6 Posters 2.1k Views 4 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • a white mouse on the motorbike
    a white mouse on the motorbike
    a white mouse on the motorbike
    Valued contributor
    wrote on last edited by a white mouse on the motorbike
    #4

    I think it's really simple.
    Create a waypoint somewhere along the route near the POI. It will automatically be assigned a number between the previous and next waypoints.
    Drag this newly created waypoint to the POI's location (assuming it's located along a road), and the route will adjust accordingly!

    ScreenShot-001.jpg

    So: First, add a new waypoint to the route (which will be point 7)!

    ScreenShot-002.jpg

    Now move waypoint 7 to the desired POI!

    ScreenShot-003.jpg

    And there you go—the POI has been added to the route!

    met een R1250RT met TFT en BMW Connected Ride App (die dus nog steeds niet voldoet!) ; M.R.A. in combinatie met de Carpuride W702 (voor Android op de Motor!), de Garmin Zumo XT als backup en een Samsung Galaxy S24

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • infoevertkuiken.nl infoevertkuiken.nl

      I searched for an answer but can't find it so here is my question:

      How can I add a POI that I added earlier into a route (after not chosing this when adding the POI...)

      martin-phogel.de
      martin-phogel.de
      martin-phogel.de
      wrote on last edited by martin-phogel.de
      #5

      @infoevertkuiken.nl

      Maybe this is what you're looking for?

      addPOI.jpg

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • infoevertkuiken.nl
        infoevertkuiken.nl
        infoevertkuiken.nl
        wrote on last edited by
        #6

        Let me clarify: I have a route and some self created POI in it. I want to add the self created POI to a route. Like what you can do when creating the POI ("Add as waypoint"). When I created a POI just as POI and not (also) as a waypoint, there does not seem to be a way to add the created POI to the route. Of course I can add a waypoint on the position of the POI and call it the same.

        martin-phogel.de BertM 2 Replies Last reply
        0
        • infoevertkuiken.nl infoevertkuiken.nl

          Let me clarify: I have a route and some self created POI in it. I want to add the self created POI to a route. Like what you can do when creating the POI ("Add as waypoint"). When I created a POI just as POI and not (also) as a waypoint, there does not seem to be a way to add the created POI to the route. Of course I can add a waypoint on the position of the POI and call it the same.

          martin-phogel.de
          martin-phogel.de
          martin-phogel.de
          wrote on last edited by
          #7

          @infoevertkuiken.nl said in Add existing POI to a route?:

          When I created a POI just as POI and not (also) as a waypoint, there does not seem to be a way to add the created POI to the route

          That's exactly what you can do following the steps shown in the screenshot above:

          (1) tap on the POI's icon
          (2) tap the crosshair
          (3) select "add as Waypoint" and accept

          infoevertkuiken.nl 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • infoevertkuiken.nl infoevertkuiken.nl

            Let me clarify: I have a route and some self created POI in it. I want to add the self created POI to a route. Like what you can do when creating the POI ("Add as waypoint"). When I created a POI just as POI and not (also) as a waypoint, there does not seem to be a way to add the created POI to the route. Of course I can add a waypoint on the position of the POI and call it the same.

            BertM
            BertM
            BertM
            wrote on last edited by
            #8

            @infoevertkuiken.nl said in Add existing POI to a route?:

            Let me clarify: I have a route and some self created POI in it. I want to add the self created POI to a route. Like what you can do when creating the POI ("Add as waypoint"). When I created a POI just as POI and not (also) as a waypoint, there does not seem to be a way to add the created POI to the route. Of course I can add a waypoint on the position of the POI and call it the same.

            That only works when you have the POI in your libary ( I think you want to add the POI to another route..)

            533f1280-0805-4a95-986d-13edf117de06-image.png

            changing a POI into a routepoint in the existing route seems odd.
            you can export the POI of the route and then inport them to your libary to use.

            infoevertkuiken.nl 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • martin-phogel.de martin-phogel.de

              @infoevertkuiken.nl said in Add existing POI to a route?:

              When I created a POI just as POI and not (also) as a waypoint, there does not seem to be a way to add the created POI to the route

              That's exactly what you can do following the steps shown in the screenshot above:

              (1) tap on the POI's icon
              (2) tap the crosshair
              (3) select "add as Waypoint" and accept

              infoevertkuiken.nl
              infoevertkuiken.nl
              infoevertkuiken.nl
              wrote on last edited by
              #9

              @Martin-Wilcke But I already added the POI to the route but not as a waypoint. And then you get this menu. No option to add it as a waypoint.
              24fbdfd2-2734-4b0a-8180-ea2215c98a71-image.png

              martin-phogel.de 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • BertM BertM

                @infoevertkuiken.nl said in Add existing POI to a route?:

                Let me clarify: I have a route and some self created POI in it. I want to add the self created POI to a route. Like what you can do when creating the POI ("Add as waypoint"). When I created a POI just as POI and not (also) as a waypoint, there does not seem to be a way to add the created POI to the route. Of course I can add a waypoint on the position of the POI and call it the same.

                That only works when you have the POI in your libary ( I think you want to add the POI to another route..)

                533f1280-0805-4a95-986d-13edf117de06-image.png

                changing a POI into a routepoint in the existing route seems odd.
                you can export the POI of the route and then inport them to your libary to use.

                infoevertkuiken.nl
                infoevertkuiken.nl
                infoevertkuiken.nl
                wrote on last edited by
                #10

                @BertM I want to add the POI in the route as a waypoint in the same route.

                BertM 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • infoevertkuiken.nl infoevertkuiken.nl

                  @BertM I want to add the POI in the route as a waypoint in the same route.

                  BertM
                  BertM
                  BertM
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #11

                  @infoevertkuiken.nl said in Add existing POI to a route?:

                  @BertM I want to add the POI in the route as a waypoint in the same route.

                  Add a waypoint and delete the POI is the only option

                  BertM 1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • BertM BertM

                    @infoevertkuiken.nl said in Add existing POI to a route?:

                    @BertM I want to add the POI in the route as a waypoint in the same route.

                    Add a waypoint and delete the POI is the only option

                    BertM
                    BertM
                    BertM
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #12

                    said in Add existing POI to a route?:

                    @infoevertkuiken.nl said in Add existing POI to a route?:

                    @BertM I want to add the POI in the route as a waypoint in the same route.

                    Add a waypoint and delete the POI is the only option
                    ( btw MRA calls it a shaping point, not a waypoint)

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • infoevertkuiken.nl infoevertkuiken.nl

                      I searched for an answer but can't find it so here is my question:

                      How can I add a POI that I added earlier into a route (after not chosing this when adding the POI...)

                      Guzzist
                      Guzzist
                      Guzzist
                      Valued contributor
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #13

                      @infoevertkuiken.nl said in Add existing POI to a route?:

                      I searched for an answer but can't find it so here is my question:

                      How can I add a POI that I added earlier into a route (after not chosing this when adding the POI...)

                      ...there is currently no way! If you have added a POI into a route - just as POI only - then there is afterwards no option to make it additionally as a route point too. This option is only available in the beginning of that procedure.

                      Now you can do only:

                      • goto section "Points Of Interest" / tab "Manage", tip your added POI
                      • or
                      • tip in the map with your route on your added POI
                      • to get the options menue to delete this POI - delete it
                      • then add this waypoint again - and be carfull to select now the right (or both) options to get it as POI (and) as route point

                      Nothing is impossible ;-)
                      In past: GARMIN Zumo 210->GARMIN Zumo 395->GARMIN XT=> now: DMD T865-X + MyRoute-App, LocusMaps, OsmAnd.
                      In past: GARMIN MapSource ->GARMIN BaseCamp->Tyre->Kurviger->Calimoto=> now: MRA-Routplanner.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • infoevertkuiken.nl infoevertkuiken.nl

                        @Martin-Wilcke But I already added the POI to the route but not as a waypoint. And then you get this menu. No option to add it as a waypoint.
                        24fbdfd2-2734-4b0a-8180-ea2215c98a71-image.png

                        martin-phogel.de
                        martin-phogel.de
                        martin-phogel.de
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #14

                        @infoevertkuiken.nl said in Add existing POI to a route?:

                        But I already added the POI to the route but not as a waypoint.

                        Ahhh - you mean, you added the POI to your route so that it appears under "manage", right? I imagined you meant a POI that you added to a personal library.

                        Sorry for my misunderstanding - yes, I agree with @BertM : that doesn't work this way.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • a white mouse on the motorbike
                          a white mouse on the motorbike
                          a white mouse on the motorbike
                          Valued contributor
                          wrote on last edited by a white mouse on the motorbike
                          #15

                          Just like I already have shown, follow the steps in the screenshots above. At the moment it's as far as I know, the only way!

                          met een R1250RT met TFT en BMW Connected Ride App (die dus nog steeds niet voldoet!) ; M.R.A. in combinatie met de Carpuride W702 (voor Android op de Motor!), de Garmin Zumo XT als backup en een Samsung Galaxy S24

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0

                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                          Register Login
                          Reply
                          • Reply as topic
                          Log in to reply
                          • Oldest to Newest
                          • Newest to Oldest
                          • Most Votes


                          ACTIVE USERS
                          martin-phogel.de
                          martin-phogel.de
                          Con Hennekens
                          Con Hennekens
                          a white mouse on the motorbike
                          a white mouse on the motorbike
                          BertM
                          BertM
                          Guzzist
                          Guzzist
                          infoevertkuiken.nl
                          infoevertkuiken.nl
                          POPULAR TOPICS
                          • [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                            Stefan Hummelink
                            Stefan Hummelink
                            9
                            91
                            2.4k

                          • [NL] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                            Stefan Hummelink
                            Stefan Hummelink
                            5
                            85
                            2.2k

                          • Elektrisch voertuig
                            Con Hennekens
                            Con Hennekens
                            0
                            21
                            710

                          • Garmin Satnav vs MRA Navigation Next
                            Peter Zehentreiter
                            Peter Zehentreiter
                            0
                            5
                            104

                          • Seizoensafsluitingen
                            Con Hennekens
                            Con Hennekens
                            0
                            4
                            28

                          • Altitude numbers size
                            RainerT
                            RainerT
                            0
                            4
                            82

                          • Hoe kan ik in één route een stuk met en een stuk zonder snelwegen plannen
                            Con Hennekens
                            Con Hennekens
                            0
                            3
                            95

                          • Eerste keer MRA met Android auto, een wat mindere ervaring
                            Con Hennekens
                            Con Hennekens
                            0
                            2
                            26

                          MY GROUPS
                          • Login

                          • Login or register to search.
                          • First post
                            Last post
                          0
                          • Categories
                          • Recent
                          • Popular
                          • Support
                          • MyRoute-app