Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. General Discussion
  3. Suggestion: Change colour and transparency of main route

Suggestion: Change colour and transparency of main route

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved General Discussion
17 Posts 10 Posters 5.2k Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Martin van der Linden Martin van der Linden

    @nick-carthew will it come anytime soon now? Changing route line color?

    Con Hennekens
    Con Hennekens
    Con Hennekens
    Alpha tester
    wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @martin-van-der-linden said in Suggestion: Change colour and transparency of main route:

    @nick-carthew will it come anytime soon now? Changing route line color?

    I have looked at the route line color on the different maps, and it has good visibility on all maps as it is. Maybe if you explain why this is an urgent matter for you, people would understand the improvement it could bring. For now I don't see the urgency but that can change with a good motivation.

    I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

    Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

    Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

    PAD 0 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

      @martin-van-der-linden said in Suggestion: Change colour and transparency of main route:

      @nick-carthew will it come anytime soon now? Changing route line color?

      I have looked at the route line color on the different maps, and it has good visibility on all maps as it is. Maybe if you explain why this is an urgent matter for you, people would understand the improvement it could bring. For now I don't see the urgency but that can change with a good motivation.

      PAD 0
      PAD 0
      PAD 0
      wrote on last edited by
      #9

      @con-hennekens I wouldn’t want to speak for @Martin-van-der-Linden, but for me this goes hand in hand with planning/working with/presenting multiple routes, multi day routes and route segments. For instance, a long group ride route that might deter some, with options to take short cuts to a selection of rendezvous points. It’s all basic BaseCamp stuff really. All routes being visible on the map view when a ‘parent’ folder is selected being another related feature that is missing.

      Such things are of vastly greater value and use to me, and I suspect for many others too, than all this press a button, ‘lucky dip’ approach that quickly yields a route of sorts. How do you know it’s a good route? What are the criteria used and how do they compare to an individual’s? How well did the originator(s) of such auto-generated routes know the region? I’ve looked at such things from MRA and numerous other sources and they always fall short. There’s no substitute for a bit of effort.

      Inge Bakermans Con Hennekens 2 Replies Last reply
      2
      • PAD 0 PAD 0

        @con-hennekens I wouldn’t want to speak for @Martin-van-der-Linden, but for me this goes hand in hand with planning/working with/presenting multiple routes, multi day routes and route segments. For instance, a long group ride route that might deter some, with options to take short cuts to a selection of rendezvous points. It’s all basic BaseCamp stuff really. All routes being visible on the map view when a ‘parent’ folder is selected being another related feature that is missing.

        Such things are of vastly greater value and use to me, and I suspect for many others too, than all this press a button, ‘lucky dip’ approach that quickly yields a route of sorts. How do you know it’s a good route? What are the criteria used and how do they compare to an individual’s? How well did the originator(s) of such auto-generated routes know the region? I’ve looked at such things from MRA and numerous other sources and they always fall short. There’s no substitute for a bit of effort.

        Inge Bakermans
        Inge Bakermans
        Inge Bakermans
        wrote on last edited by
        #10

        @pad-0 said in Suggestion: Change colour and transparency of main route:

        for me this goes hand in hand with planning/working with/presenting multiple routes, multi day routes and route segments. For instance, a long group ride route that might deter some, with options to take short cuts to a selection of rendezvous points. It’s all basic BaseCamp stuff really. All routes being visible on the map view when a ‘parent’ folder is selected being another related feature that is missing.

        Absolutely agree with this - would love these options as well - especially "All routes being visible on the map view when a ‘parent’ folder is selected "

        1 Reply Last reply
        1
        • PAD 0 PAD 0

          @con-hennekens I wouldn’t want to speak for @Martin-van-der-Linden, but for me this goes hand in hand with planning/working with/presenting multiple routes, multi day routes and route segments. For instance, a long group ride route that might deter some, with options to take short cuts to a selection of rendezvous points. It’s all basic BaseCamp stuff really. All routes being visible on the map view when a ‘parent’ folder is selected being another related feature that is missing.

          Such things are of vastly greater value and use to me, and I suspect for many others too, than all this press a button, ‘lucky dip’ approach that quickly yields a route of sorts. How do you know it’s a good route? What are the criteria used and how do they compare to an individual’s? How well did the originator(s) of such auto-generated routes know the region? I’ve looked at such things from MRA and numerous other sources and they always fall short. There’s no substitute for a bit of effort.

          Con Hennekens
          Con Hennekens
          Con Hennekens
          Alpha tester
          wrote on last edited by
          #11

          @pad-0 said in Suggestion: Change colour and transparency of main route:

          For instance, a long group ride route that might deter some, with options to take short cuts to a selection of rendezvous points. It’s all basic BaseCamp stuff really. All routes being visible on the map view when a ‘parent’ folder is selected being another related feature that is missing.

          Like I said, urgency can change with good motivation 😉
          Especially the "all routes being visible when a parrent folder is selected" would be quite useful, and make coloring the individual routes meaningful.

          I do have some experience with Basecamp (mostly agonizing...), but from some years ago. I have never seen (or forgotten about) anything like the described feature in Basecamp though.

          I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

          Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

          Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

          TorqueRider PAD 0 3 Replies Last reply
          2
          • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

            @pad-0 said in Suggestion: Change colour and transparency of main route:

            For instance, a long group ride route that might deter some, with options to take short cuts to a selection of rendezvous points. It’s all basic BaseCamp stuff really. All routes being visible on the map view when a ‘parent’ folder is selected being another related feature that is missing.

            Like I said, urgency can change with good motivation 😉
            Especially the "all routes being visible when a parrent folder is selected" would be quite useful, and make coloring the individual routes meaningful.

            I do have some experience with Basecamp (mostly agonizing...), but from some years ago. I have never seen (or forgotten about) anything like the described feature in Basecamp though.

            TorqueRider
            TorqueRider
            TorqueRider
            wrote on last edited by
            #12

            @con-hennekens said in Suggestion: Change colour and transparency of main route:

            I do have some experience with Basecamp (mostly agonizing...), but from some years ago. I have never seen (or forgotten about) anything like the described feature in Basecamp though.

            Do you mean like this.
            Screenshot from Basecamp. Life Wales routes in one folder with different colors.

            5 dagen wales n.png

            1 Reply Last reply
            1
            • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

              @pad-0 said in Suggestion: Change colour and transparency of main route:

              For instance, a long group ride route that might deter some, with options to take short cuts to a selection of rendezvous points. It’s all basic BaseCamp stuff really. All routes being visible on the map view when a ‘parent’ folder is selected being another related feature that is missing.

              Like I said, urgency can change with good motivation 😉
              Especially the "all routes being visible when a parrent folder is selected" would be quite useful, and make coloring the individual routes meaningful.

              I do have some experience with Basecamp (mostly agonizing...), but from some years ago. I have never seen (or forgotten about) anything like the described feature in Basecamp though.

              TorqueRider
              TorqueRider
              TorqueRider
              wrote on last edited by
              #13

              @con-hennekens said in Suggestion: Change colour and transparency of main route:

              Like I said, urgency can change with good motivation 😉

              And if you are a RouteExpert

              @jack-van-tilburg said in MRA Navigation and downloaded maps.:

              I often read between the lines that requests from RouteExperts are highly valued.
              Does that concern the entire group of Experts?

              you read it right 😊 😉

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

                @pad-0 said in Suggestion: Change colour and transparency of main route:

                For instance, a long group ride route that might deter some, with options to take short cuts to a selection of rendezvous points. It’s all basic BaseCamp stuff really. All routes being visible on the map view when a ‘parent’ folder is selected being another related feature that is missing.

                Like I said, urgency can change with good motivation 😉
                Especially the "all routes being visible when a parrent folder is selected" would be quite useful, and make coloring the individual routes meaningful.

                I do have some experience with Basecamp (mostly agonizing...), but from some years ago. I have never seen (or forgotten about) anything like the described feature in Basecamp though.

                PAD 0
                PAD 0
                PAD 0
                wrote on last edited by
                #14

                @con-hennekens I have always got on fine with BaseCamp, but readily admit that it has a steep learning curve. Probably several! Time and effort invested bring worthwhile rewards in my experience though. But here’s the thing… As I said recently, MRA’s studying and including BaseCamp features but making them more intuitive and accessible has to be a very attractive prospect for generating new subscribers, surely? 🤷

                Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
                2
                • PAD 0 PAD 0

                  @con-hennekens I have always got on fine with BaseCamp, but readily admit that it has a steep learning curve. Probably several! Time and effort invested bring worthwhile rewards in my experience though. But here’s the thing… As I said recently, MRA’s studying and including BaseCamp features but making them more intuitive and accessible has to be a very attractive prospect for generating new subscribers, surely? 🤷

                  Con Hennekens
                  Con Hennekens
                  Con Hennekens
                  Alpha tester
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #15

                  @pad-0 said in Suggestion: Change colour and transparency of main route:

                  I have always got on fine with BaseCamp, but readily admit that it has a steep learning curve. Probably several!

                  I always fell off the learning curve during the winter months. Had to start over watching tuturials over and over again each season 😉 And that while I am quite handy with lots of other software, being an IT guy... I don't have that problem with MRA.

                  @pad-0 said in Suggestion: Change colour and transparency of main route:

                  As I said recently, MRA’s studying and including BaseCamp features but making them more intuitive and accessible has to be a very attractive prospect for generating new subscribers, surely? 🤷

                  I think MRA development is best done by MRA's own vision, but surely they are peeking at others and the community as well. They could probably balance the priorities a bit better indeed.

                  I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                  Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                  Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                  PAD 0 1 Reply Last reply
                  1
                  • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

                    @pad-0 said in Suggestion: Change colour and transparency of main route:

                    I have always got on fine with BaseCamp, but readily admit that it has a steep learning curve. Probably several!

                    I always fell off the learning curve during the winter months. Had to start over watching tuturials over and over again each season 😉 And that while I am quite handy with lots of other software, being an IT guy... I don't have that problem with MRA.

                    @pad-0 said in Suggestion: Change colour and transparency of main route:

                    As I said recently, MRA’s studying and including BaseCamp features but making them more intuitive and accessible has to be a very attractive prospect for generating new subscribers, surely? 🤷

                    I think MRA development is best done by MRA's own vision, but surely they are peeking at others and the community as well. They could probably balance the priorities a bit better indeed.

                    PAD 0
                    PAD 0
                    PAD 0
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #16

                    @con-hennekens Sure, BaseCamp is anything but intuitive. At the time I started using it, I rode quite high annual mileage and all year round so no winter layoffs. Now it”s ingrained. Though, even after all this time, I still find and am pointed to new tricks and even features! Routeplanner is streets ahead (sorry, bad pun) in ease of use.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • FrankS
                      FrankS
                      FrankS
                      wrote on last edited by FrankS
                      #17

                      Hello everyone,

                      if the option to change the route colour has lower priority in the feature roadmap - which I completely understand - I would however request that MRA changes the colour of blocked streets:

                      Blocked streets are currently shown in black, i.e. in the same colour like the route (with 0% or 20% transparency). See attached example with the blocked street right to my route.

                      Like other maps, I suggest that MRA shows blocked streets in red colour and wider than the route line, so that one can see them immediately when planning a route. Currently, I don't see a blocked street on my planned route. So eventually my GPS notifies when I start my ride, which is when I everytime get mad about MRA.

                      Looking forward to MRA's feedback.

                      Best regards
                      FreddyScreenshot 2022-04-15 083434.png

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      ACTIVE USERS
                      Con Hennekens
                      Con Hennekens
                      Nick Carthew
                      Nick Carthew
                      Will Brooks
                      Will Brooks
                      Inge Bakermans
                      Inge Bakermans
                      TorqueRider
                      TorqueRider
                      FrankS
                      FrankS
                      MyRoute-app community
                      MyRoute-app community
                      PAD 0
                      PAD 0
                      Martin van der Linden
                      Martin van der Linden
                      Sven v
                      Sven v
                      POPULAR TOPICS
                      • [NL] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                        Marinus van Deudekom
                        Marinus van Deudekom
                        5
                        91
                        2.5k

                      • [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                        Drabslab
                        Drabslab
                        9
                        92
                        2.5k

                      • Elektrisch voertuig
                        Marinus van Deudekom
                        Marinus van Deudekom
                        0
                        22
                        773

                      • Garmin Satnav vs MRA Navigation Next
                        Peter Zehentreiter
                        Peter Zehentreiter
                        0
                        5
                        122

                      • Altitude numbers size
                        Lluis Arasanz
                        Lluis Arasanz
                        0
                        5
                        115

                      • Eerste keer MRA met Android auto, een wat mindere ervaring
                        AWDC LAO
                        AWDC LAO
                        0
                        4
                        67

                      • Seizoensafsluitingen
                        Con Hennekens
                        Con Hennekens
                        0
                        4
                        59

                      • Hoe kan ik in één route een stuk met en een stuk zonder snelwegen plannen
                        Con Hennekens
                        Con Hennekens
                        0
                        3
                        107

                      MY GROUPS
                      • Login

                      • Login or register to search.
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Popular
                      • Support
                      • MyRoute-app