Nice to find myself in the list
The actual suggestion was to "search routes based on X-distance form destantion an originating Y-distance from desired starting point" But I will forgive about the shortened version
May I deposit another one here, for Navigation?
- Expand the on-screen information with current-time, direction or compass, Height, en maybe more. It could be placed on either side of a landscape navigation screen, since more map than really needed is shown when using landscape. Maybe even move speed etc to the same location.
And for MRA?
- Since we have the heightprofile information, it could be used for a "caravan & camper" function. As opposite to the curvy road functions, Caravan and Camper drivers could benefit from leaving out slopes beyond a certain parameter.
To add to myself (all for Navigation):
- it would be excellent to have the "next turn" indicator at the top left show the next waypoint number to which you are navigating too. That keeps track of route progress, and in case of reboots, recalculations (often start at the beginning again) it gives a better idea of to which waypoint to skip (seems an easy one!)
- in addition to the above, it would be great if a single tap on the map would show a 2d overview of the route, and your location in it. That is much easier to zoom into areas that on the standard 3d naviagtion map. It seems odd to have to quit navigation in order to see an overview of the route.
- If there is a need to skip waypoints, it is a real PITA to have to scroll through the waypoints one by one. Why not make the waypoint selectable on the map? It is already clickable, just the button "select this waypoint to skip to" is missing. I can't imagine that to be a difficult change, but if so, a dropbox in which you can select a waypoint would already be a lot of progress. Besides: pressing "close" on a selected waypoint in that view takes you out of the "skip to" function, instead of just out of the selected waypoint details. Probably a bug.
- make the "start navigation from" options a system default option. At the moment of writing it is implemented as a routing-option, and it defaults to "start of the route" each time a route loads. That can't be meant like that
Most of these additions come from some frustration because of the fact that while navigating it frequently starts recalculating (sometimes while taking a wrong turn, sometimes spontaneously) and in some of those cases it start at the beginning of the route instead of the closest waypoint (ahead!). I am not sure why, but I think it has to do with the fact that where normally the remaining time and kilometers are shown, a text shows "calculating" instead for very long and very often. The navigation runs with no problems at that point. I did not have a chance to test, but I think having the system in off-line mode helps against that.