Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. New Users' corner
  3. Gary France, Motorcycle Tour Operator from the UK, saying hello

Gary France, Motorcycle Tour Operator from the UK, saying hello

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved New Users' corner
7 Posts 5 Posters 2.5k Views 3 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Gary France
    Gary France
    Gary France
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Hi everyone, I am Gary France, from London, England, saying hello here on MRA. I run a Harley-Davidson motorcycle touring business called Tour1 and we operate tours mainly in Europe, but also sometimes in the USA and New Zealand. I have been using Basecamp for about ten years and so I know that software very well. I plan about 10 routes a year, each for an average of about 10 days, so I have maybe planned a 1000 days riding on Basecamp. You could therefore say I know the software quite well. Having said that, I find it very awkward to use and despair of some of its problems. I started looking at MRA in February 2020 to see if I could use it for planning my tours.

    In 2010, I rode 21,475 miles (34,560 kms) around the USA in a single four-and-a-half month road trip. I wrote a huge book about my journey called ‘France In America’. This is available to buy on the web, buy searching for the book name and adding the word Harley to the search.

    I look forward to learning more about MRA and contributing to its development as an enthusiastic member of its community.

    Nick Carthew 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • Gary France Gary France

      Hi everyone, I am Gary France, from London, England, saying hello here on MRA. I run a Harley-Davidson motorcycle touring business called Tour1 and we operate tours mainly in Europe, but also sometimes in the USA and New Zealand. I have been using Basecamp for about ten years and so I know that software very well. I plan about 10 routes a year, each for an average of about 10 days, so I have maybe planned a 1000 days riding on Basecamp. You could therefore say I know the software quite well. Having said that, I find it very awkward to use and despair of some of its problems. I started looking at MRA in February 2020 to see if I could use it for planning my tours.

      In 2010, I rode 21,475 miles (34,560 kms) around the USA in a single four-and-a-half month road trip. I wrote a huge book about my journey called ‘France In America’. This is available to buy on the web, buy searching for the book name and adding the word Harley to the search.

      I look forward to learning more about MRA and contributing to its development as an enthusiastic member of its community.

      Nick Carthew
      Nick Carthew
      Nick Carthew
      RouteXpert
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @Gary-France Welcome to the forum Gary.

      Always willing to help if I can.
      Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT called Tina.
      MRA Navigation Next and SilverFox BJ8

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • MyRoute-app community
        MyRoute-app community
        MyRoute-app community
        Administrator
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @Gary-France Hi Gary and welcome to the community! We have a lot people coming over from Basecamp, and some people still using Basecamp together with MyRoute-app. I hope you'll feel at home here.

        Kind regards,

        Timo

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • Guzzist
          Guzzist
          Guzzist
          Valued contributor
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @Gary-France welcome to the Forum and Community of this wonderfull European MRA Suite - or shall I say, worldwide MRA Suite. Not to demotivate you 😇 😁

          Nothing is impossible ;-)
          In past: GARMIN Zumo 210->GARMIN Zumo 395->GARMIN XT=> now: DMD T865-X + MyRoute-App, LocusMaps, OsmAnd.
          In past: GARMIN MapSource ->GARMIN BaseCamp->Tyre->Kurviger->Calimoto=> now: MRA-Routplanner.

          Nick Carthew 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • Guzzist Guzzist

            @Gary-France welcome to the Forum and Community of this wonderfull European MRA Suite - or shall I say, worldwide MRA Suite. Not to demotivate you 😇 😁

            Nick Carthew
            Nick Carthew
            Nick Carthew
            RouteXpert
            wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @Guzzist said in Gary France, Motorcycle Tour Operator from the UK, saying hello:

            or shall I say, worldwide MRA Suite. Not to demotivate you 😇 😁

            🤣🇬🇧🇪🇺

            Always willing to help if I can.
            Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT called Tina.
            MRA Navigation Next and SilverFox BJ8

            Gary France 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Nick Carthew Nick Carthew

              @Guzzist said in Gary France, Motorcycle Tour Operator from the UK, saying hello:

              or shall I say, worldwide MRA Suite. Not to demotivate you 😇 😁

              🤣🇬🇧🇪🇺

              Gary France
              Gary France
              Gary France
              wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @Nick-Carthew I see the whole world as somewhere to be explored! I have previously ridden in many countries and this year I will be taking a tour to New Zealand for the first time. Looking forward to that!

              HABVEN aka MrMRA 1 Reply Last reply
              1
              • Gary France Gary France

                @Nick-Carthew I see the whole world as somewhere to be explored! I have previously ridden in many countries and this year I will be taking a tour to New Zealand for the first time. Looking forward to that!

                HABVEN aka MrMRA
                HABVEN aka MrMRA
                HABVEN aka MrMRA
                Valued contributor
                wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @Gary-France
                Nice

                BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
                Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0

                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                Register Login
                Reply
                • Reply as topic
                Log in to reply
                • Oldest to Newest
                • Newest to Oldest
                • Most Votes


                ACTIVE USERS
                HABVEN aka MrMRA
                HABVEN aka MrMRA
                Nick Carthew
                Nick Carthew
                Guzzist
                Guzzist
                Gary France
                Gary France
                MyRoute-app community
                MyRoute-app community
                POPULAR TOPICS
                • Waarom kan deze route niet berekend worden?
                  Edwin_M
                  Edwin_M
                  0
                  19
                  340

                • A02 Routes en tracks kopiëren - Oude webplanner naar nieuwe webplanner
                  Corjan Meijerink
                  Corjan Meijerink
                  0
                  5
                  5

                • test Myroute APP
                  Pim Groeneveld
                  Pim Groeneveld
                  4
                  19
                  1.7k

                • Tour results and a question
                  Stephen Rowland
                  Stephen Rowland
                  0
                  3
                  20

                • A01 - Kaartlaagweergave OpenStreetMap
                  Hubert Thori
                  Hubert Thori
                  0
                  3
                  14

                • Hello from Thailand
                  Bull Tahr
                  Bull Tahr
                  0
                  5
                  178

                • Android Auto draaien van het scherm bij stilstand
                  Rob Verhoeff
                  Rob Verhoeff
                  0
                  2
                  13

                • How to plan correctly
                  Erdna
                  Erdna
                  0
                  9
                  380

                MY GROUPS
                • Login

                • Login or register to search.
                • First post
                  Last post
                0
                • Categories
                • Recent
                • Popular
                • Support
                • MyRoute-app