Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. General Discussion
  3. My route is broken - Something went wrong while calculating the route

My route is broken - Something went wrong while calculating the route

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved General Discussion
16 Posts 4 Posters 2.3k Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Paul Slater 0 Paul Slater 0

    @jack-van-tilburg Hi, the error message doesn't offer the option to fix the route:

    fe893520-8bc8-4587-ba6f-a40b17c3ea0a-image.png

    Ive tried checking each waypoint to make sure it is centred exactly on a road but as soon as I try and adjust one I get the same error once more

    Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
    Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
    Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
    Valued contributor
    wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @paul-slater-0

    Hi Paul, please share tje url of your route here. Make sure it is set on Public

    Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT/BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
    Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

    Paul Slater 0 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • Hans van de Ven MR.MRA Hans van de Ven MR.MRA

      @paul-slater-0

      Hi Paul, please share tje url of your route here. Make sure it is set on Public

      Paul Slater 0
      Paul Slater 0
      Paul Slater 0
      wrote on last edited by Paul Slater 0
      #5

      @hans-van-de-ven-mra-master It is currently Private, how do I set it to Public please?

      OK I found out how 🙂

      Here is the route https://www.myrouteapp.com/route/open/5935324

      Paul Slater 0 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Paul Slater 0 Paul Slater 0

        @hans-van-de-ven-mra-master It is currently Private, how do I set it to Public please?

        OK I found out how 🙂

        Here is the route https://www.myrouteapp.com/route/open/5935324

        Paul Slater 0
        Paul Slater 0
        Paul Slater 0
        wrote on last edited by
        #6

        @paul-slater-0 I have been to each waypoint and zoomed right in to ensure each is centred on a road. But it still gave the same issue with each waypoint I moved a quarter of an inch.
        Now I have just added a new waypoint after (5) to aid the route, and it is now only calculating the route between points 21 and 22 as far as I can tell

        Hans van de Ven MR.MRA Nick Carthew 2 Replies Last reply
        0
        • Paul Slater 0 Paul Slater 0

          @paul-slater-0 I have been to each waypoint and zoomed right in to ensure each is centred on a road. But it still gave the same issue with each waypoint I moved a quarter of an inch.
          Now I have just added a new waypoint after (5) to aid the route, and it is now only calculating the route between points 21 and 22 as far as I can tell

          Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
          Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
          Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
          Valued contributor
          wrote on last edited by Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
          #7

          @paul-slater-0
          No problem here:
          OSM Map:
          d7d12f63-2d8d-4a46-8f28-6047058fd57d-image.png

          TomTom map:
          c72004c8-8be5-4360-ae19-6dcbfa94f809-image.png

          Here Map:
          b55e12e7-63fa-481c-9a6b-d8cc16d3aa59-image.png

          Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT/BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
          Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • Paul Slater 0 Paul Slater 0

            @paul-slater-0 I have been to each waypoint and zoomed right in to ensure each is centred on a road. But it still gave the same issue with each waypoint I moved a quarter of an inch.
            Now I have just added a new waypoint after (5) to aid the route, and it is now only calculating the route between points 21 and 22 as far as I can tell

            Nick Carthew
            Nick Carthew
            Nick Carthew
            RouteXpert
            wrote on last edited by
            #8

            @paul-slater-0 When I FULLY zoom in some route points are off the road. If you look at route point 10 you will notice that you will get one of those annoying turns that immediately tell you to turn back.

            912FF036-8CB8-46EE-A6AF-154FF5009ABE.png B915DBCF-8627-4178-8324-772D46EB7024.png 46F9755A-8CF4-4B26-B533-366B6D47E485.png 360C0A61-0552-4387-9C7A-DBF8F67B6B79.png

            Always willing to help if I can.
            Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT called Tina.
            MRA Navigation Next and SilverFox BJ8

            Hans van de Ven MR.MRA 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Nick Carthew Nick Carthew

              @paul-slater-0 When I FULLY zoom in some route points are off the road. If you look at route point 10 you will notice that you will get one of those annoying turns that immediately tell you to turn back.

              912FF036-8CB8-46EE-A6AF-154FF5009ABE.png B915DBCF-8627-4178-8324-772D46EB7024.png 46F9755A-8CF4-4B26-B533-366B6D47E485.png 360C0A61-0552-4387-9C7A-DBF8F67B6B79.png

              Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
              Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
              Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
              Valued contributor
              wrote on last edited by
              #9

              @Paul-Slater-0
              I haven't checked the waypoints, as @Nick-Carthew points out, I just opened the route in the different maps, and as you can see it's just being calculated.

              Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT/BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
              Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

              Paul Slater 0 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Hans van de Ven MR.MRA Hans van de Ven MR.MRA

                @Paul-Slater-0
                I haven't checked the waypoints, as @Nick-Carthew points out, I just opened the route in the different maps, and as you can see it's just being calculated.

                Paul Slater 0
                Paul Slater 0
                Paul Slater 0
                wrote on last edited by
                #10

                @hans-van-de-ven-mra-master
                I checked them using Google Maps, not OSM, but the problem I have now is that the roite is not calculating at all and only showing the connection between the final two points

                2b5e5fa4-6279-47cd-9df7-84961725472d-image.png

                Is there a way to "force" a recalc of the whole route from 1 to 22 ?

                Paul Slater 0 Hans van de Ven MR.MRA 2 Replies Last reply
                0
                • Paul Slater 0 Paul Slater 0

                  @hans-van-de-ven-mra-master
                  I checked them using Google Maps, not OSM, but the problem I have now is that the roite is not calculating at all and only showing the connection between the final two points

                  2b5e5fa4-6279-47cd-9df7-84961725472d-image.png

                  Is there a way to "force" a recalc of the whole route from 1 to 22 ?

                  Paul Slater 0
                  Paul Slater 0
                  Paul Slater 0
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #11

                  @paul-slater-0 also the waypoints are now unnamed

                  f6b70fc9-b142-4f9e-905c-fae5cffbf76f-image.png

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • Paul Slater 0 Paul Slater 0

                    @hans-van-de-ven-mra-master
                    I checked them using Google Maps, not OSM, but the problem I have now is that the roite is not calculating at all and only showing the connection between the final two points

                    2b5e5fa4-6279-47cd-9df7-84961725472d-image.png

                    Is there a way to "force" a recalc of the whole route from 1 to 22 ?

                    Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
                    Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
                    Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
                    Valued contributor
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #12

                    @paul-slater-0

                    Open the route in the OSM map, go to point 1, zoom in to the max and set the point on the right position on the road, then point 2 etc

                    Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT/BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
                    Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

                    Paul Slater 0 1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • Hans van de Ven MR.MRA Hans van de Ven MR.MRA

                      @paul-slater-0

                      Open the route in the OSM map, go to point 1, zoom in to the max and set the point on the right position on the road, then point 2 etc

                      Paul Slater 0
                      Paul Slater 0
                      Paul Slater 0
                      wrote on last edited by Paul Slater 0
                      #13

                      @hans-van-de-ven-mra-master Hi, I lready did this. I was using the Google Maps overlay not OSM, but I zoomed in to the maximum on each point (all 22 of them) and made sure it was on a road. The problem seemed to be that even when I dragged the ones that were slightly misplaced, the program then recalcluated for 20 seconds each time, and each time produced the error message as originally posted, so I'm not certain that the adjustments have "stuck", particualrly as the points are still showing as off the road.

                      The thing is, the route was working fine until yesterday evening, all the points were connected and all the waypoints had names.

                      It's beginning to seem like I might need to replot the route from start to finish

                      TorqueRider 1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • Paul Slater 0 Paul Slater 0

                        @hans-van-de-ven-mra-master Hi, I lready did this. I was using the Google Maps overlay not OSM, but I zoomed in to the maximum on each point (all 22 of them) and made sure it was on a road. The problem seemed to be that even when I dragged the ones that were slightly misplaced, the program then recalcluated for 20 seconds each time, and each time produced the error message as originally posted, so I'm not certain that the adjustments have "stuck", particualrly as the points are still showing as off the road.

                        The thing is, the route was working fine until yesterday evening, all the points were connected and all the waypoints had names.

                        It's beginning to seem like I might need to replot the route from start to finish

                        TorqueRider
                        TorqueRider
                        TorqueRider
                        wrote on last edited by TorqueRider
                        #14

                        @paul-slater-0
                        Same route point, different maps.
                        You have to organise your route points with the OSM map and without an other overlay.

                        Google Maps
                        Schermafbeelding 2022-05-24 om 09.29.25.png

                        Opem Source Map
                        Schermafbeelding 2022-05-24 om 09.29.43.png

                        Paul Slater 0 TorqueRider 2 Replies Last reply
                        0
                        • TorqueRider TorqueRider

                          @paul-slater-0
                          Same route point, different maps.
                          You have to organise your route points with the OSM map and without an other overlay.

                          Google Maps
                          Schermafbeelding 2022-05-24 om 09.29.25.png

                          Opem Source Map
                          Schermafbeelding 2022-05-24 om 09.29.43.png

                          Paul Slater 0
                          Paul Slater 0
                          Paul Slater 0
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #15

                          @jack-van-tilburg ahh okay, I didn't realise that. Thanks for the tip!

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • TorqueRider TorqueRider

                            @paul-slater-0
                            Same route point, different maps.
                            You have to organise your route points with the OSM map and without an other overlay.

                            Google Maps
                            Schermafbeelding 2022-05-24 om 09.29.25.png

                            Opem Source Map
                            Schermafbeelding 2022-05-24 om 09.29.43.png

                            TorqueRider
                            TorqueRider
                            TorqueRider
                            wrote on last edited by
                            #16

                            @jack-van-tilburg said in My route is broken - Something went wrong while calculating the route:

                            You have to organise your route points with the OSM map and without an other overlay.

                            And of course the Here map if you use Garmin or MRA Nav
                            And the TomTom map when using TomTom navigation.
                            But the same always applies and that is that you should not use a different overlay.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                            Register Login
                            Reply
                            • Reply as topic
                            Log in to reply
                            • Oldest to Newest
                            • Newest to Oldest
                            • Most Votes


                            ACTIVE USERS
                            Nick Carthew
                            Nick Carthew
                            Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
                            Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
                            TorqueRider
                            TorqueRider
                            Paul Slater 0
                            Paul Slater 0
                            POPULAR TOPICS
                            • [NL] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                              Hubert Thoring
                              Hubert Thoring
                              5
                              103
                              4.3k

                            • Forum Discussions - Filter Languages
                              John S Parry
                              John S Parry
                              1
                              5
                              113

                            • Points of interest
                              Lluís Casals
                              Lluís Casals
                              0
                              5
                              123

                            • [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                              Hubert Thoring
                              Hubert Thoring
                              9
                              98
                              4.2k

                            • Altitude numbers size
                              Aiello antonino
                              Aiello antonino
                              0
                              9
                              282

                            • The "Route as Track" function is no longer working.
                              Con Hennekens
                              Con Hennekens
                              0
                              3
                              114

                            • Elektrisch voertuig
                              Marinus van Deudekom
                              Marinus van Deudekom
                              0
                              26
                              966

                            • Suggestion: Live location sharing for friends on the map
                              JP d
                              JP d
                              0
                              3
                              95

                            MY GROUPS
                            • Login

                            • Login or register to search.
                            • First post
                              Last post
                            0
                            • Categories
                            • Recent
                            • Popular
                            • Support
                            • MyRoute-app