Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. MyRoute-app Routeplanner
  3. [Web] Suggestions and Discussion
  4. Move blocks of routepoints

Move blocks of routepoints

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [Web] Suggestions and Discussion
21 Posts 7 Posters 2.2k Views 2 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • David Jobling
    David Jobling
    David Jobling
    wrote on last edited by
    #7

    I'd like to see a way to work on a group of waypoints too. Some of my routes are figure 8 or cloverleaf and I like to reverse (or remove) sections of the route to keep it interesting. If we could select a group of waypoints in the list, then delete / reverse / move them, I'd be very happy 🙂

    Yannick_van_Vugt 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • David Jobling David Jobling

      I'd like to see a way to work on a group of waypoints too. Some of my routes are figure 8 or cloverleaf and I like to reverse (or remove) sections of the route to keep it interesting. If we could select a group of waypoints in the list, then delete / reverse / move them, I'd be very happy 🙂

      Yannick_van_Vugt
      Yannick_van_Vugt
      Yannick_van_Vugt
      wrote on last edited by
      #8

      @David-Jobling said:

      I'd like to see a way to work on a group of waypoints too. Some of my routes are figure 8 or cloverleaf and I like to reverse (or remove) sections of the route to keep it interesting. If we could select a group of waypoints in the list, then delete / reverse / move them, I'd be very happy 🙂

      You get my exact idea. 😌👌🏻
      Feels like a basic feature that should’ve always been there.

      📷: YannickvanVugt | 🏍️: DutchTransalp

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Jörgen
        Jörgen
        Jörgen
        Valued contributor
        wrote on last edited by
        #9

        Hi,
        I don't quite understand the point of moving multiple waypoints. That would cause all the geographic coordinates to shift at the same time, which would result in an uncontrolled track.

        Just a copy/paste sample
        move.jpeg

        Copying multiple waypoints to use them in a new route makes more sense.

        Hardware
        iPhone 12 pro (iOS 26.2.1)
        iPad (7.Gen.) 18.7.3
        Oukitel RT3 Pro (Andr. 14)
        Wireless CarPlay mit (Elebest C650)
        Wired CarPlay (SEAT Arona - 2021)
        MRA Workshops in Deutsch sind hier zu finden

        Yannick_van_Vugt 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • a white mouse on the motorbike
          a white mouse on the motorbike
          a white mouse on the motorbike
          Valued contributor
          wrote on last edited by
          #10

          I think group delete will be fine.
          Moving will indeed be not possible.

          met een R1250RT met TFT en BMW Connected Ride App (die dus nog steeds niet voldoet!) ; M.R.A. in combinatie met de Carpuride W702 (voor Android op de Motor!), de Garmin Zumo XT als backup en een Samsung Galaxy S24

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • Jörgen
            Jörgen
            Jörgen
            Valued contributor
            wrote on last edited by
            #11

            I agree, copy and delete.

            Hardware
            iPhone 12 pro (iOS 26.2.1)
            iPad (7.Gen.) 18.7.3
            Oukitel RT3 Pro (Andr. 14)
            Wireless CarPlay mit (Elebest C650)
            Wired CarPlay (SEAT Arona - 2021)
            MRA Workshops in Deutsch sind hier zu finden

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Jörgen Jörgen

              Hi,
              I don't quite understand the point of moving multiple waypoints. That would cause all the geographic coordinates to shift at the same time, which would result in an uncontrolled track.

              Just a copy/paste sample
              move.jpeg

              Copying multiple waypoints to use them in a new route makes more sense.

              Yannick_van_Vugt
              Yannick_van_Vugt
              Yannick_van_Vugt
              wrote on last edited by
              #12

              @Jörgen said:

              Hi,
              I don't quite understand the point of moving multiple waypoints. That would cause all the geographic coordinates to shift at the same time, which would result in an uncontrolled track.

              Just a copy/paste sample
              move.jpeg

              Copying multiple waypoints to use them in a new route makes more sense.

              @white.mouse said:

              I think group delete will be fine.
              Moving will indeed be not possible.

              It’s not about moving them physically, it’s about moving them in order in the list of routepoints. Have you guys even read the thread properly? Change them from 59-84 to let’s say 20-45 in a single go.

              📷: YannickvanVugt | 🏍️: DutchTransalp

              Marinus van Deudekom 1 Reply Last reply
              1
              • Yannick_van_Vugt Yannick_van_Vugt

                @Jörgen said:

                Hi,
                I don't quite understand the point of moving multiple waypoints. That would cause all the geographic coordinates to shift at the same time, which would result in an uncontrolled track.

                Just a copy/paste sample
                move.jpeg

                Copying multiple waypoints to use them in a new route makes more sense.

                @white.mouse said:

                I think group delete will be fine.
                Moving will indeed be not possible.

                It’s not about moving them physically, it’s about moving them in order in the list of routepoints. Have you guys even read the thread properly? Change them from 59-84 to let’s say 20-45 in a single go.

                Marinus van Deudekom
                Marinus van Deudekom
                Marinus van Deudekom
                RouteXpert
                wrote on last edited by
                #13

                @Yannick_van_Vugt Yes I have but want you want is not possible at all

                Honda Goldwing GL1500,
                Honda Silverwing GL 650
                DMD2 T865X 8 inch Android tablet using MRA next for navigation
                Garmin XT sold
                Samsung S24FE mounted on a Quadlock and using Android Auto in my car

                Yannick_van_Vugt 1 Reply Last reply
                -1
                • David Jobling
                  David Jobling
                  David Jobling
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #14

                  It shouldn't be too difficult? We can do it now, one-by-one (but it is slow and can be confusing, and MRA recalculates for each waypoint), I'd just like to work on several adjacent points at the same time.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  1
                  • David Jobling
                    David Jobling
                    David Jobling
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #15

                    2026-07-27_171732.jpg
                    Simple example of the request (hoping the image uploads OK): I want to do waypoints 6-7-8-9 before 2-3-4-5. Secondly, I'd like to reverse 6-7-8-9 (only) without changing the rest of the route.
                    Reason: I do some routes twice a year, wonderful roads, I like to vary the sequence / direction to keep it interesting 🙂

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    1
                    • Yannick_van_Vugt Yannick_van_Vugt

                      When creating a route that stays in a singular area, or creating off-road tracks, and you want to re-arrange things, it can get pretty messy pretty quickly when you need to move each point at a time. It would be awesome if you could re-arrange a complete block of multiple points in a single go.

                      Either via a multi-select and drag or a little like how the split function works, select start and end-point and select where you want to push the selected block to.

                      For example, this block are basically all 'skipped' points, this works to create a track on unpaved roads that are ignored by the algorithms, but now I want those 24 points in another 'section' of my complete track/route.

                      21e193f2-42c3-4365-b02f-fc9851283cab-image.jpeg

                      Brian McG
                      Brian McG
                      Brian McG
                      wrote on last edited by Brian McG
                      #16
                      This post is deleted!
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      -1
                      • Marinus van Deudekom Marinus van Deudekom

                        @Yannick_van_Vugt Yes I have but want you want is not possible at all

                        Yannick_van_Vugt
                        Yannick_van_Vugt
                        Yannick_van_Vugt
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #17

                        @Marinus-van-Deudekom Currently it isn't, that's why I brought it on as a suggestion. Right?
                        Other see the value of my request, I understand you don't, but if it ain't valuable to you, or you don't use the tool in a certain way, doesn't mean it's not for someone else.

                        @Brian-McG Yes, possible, but that shouldn't be needed and is devious work. It also floods the database and back-end with splits and merges, that will later be deleted. This feature is will prevent that as well.

                        📷: YannickvanVugt | 🏍️: DutchTransalp

                        Brian McG Marinus van Deudekom 2 Replies Last reply
                        -1
                        • Yannick_van_Vugt Yannick_van_Vugt

                          @Marinus-van-Deudekom Currently it isn't, that's why I brought it on as a suggestion. Right?
                          Other see the value of my request, I understand you don't, but if it ain't valuable to you, or you don't use the tool in a certain way, doesn't mean it's not for someone else.

                          @Brian-McG Yes, possible, but that shouldn't be needed and is devious work. It also floods the database and back-end with splits and merges, that will later be deleted. This feature is will prevent that as well.

                          Brian McG
                          Brian McG
                          Brian McG
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #18
                          This post is deleted!
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • Yannick_van_Vugt Yannick_van_Vugt

                            @Marinus-van-Deudekom Currently it isn't, that's why I brought it on as a suggestion. Right?
                            Other see the value of my request, I understand you don't, but if it ain't valuable to you, or you don't use the tool in a certain way, doesn't mean it's not for someone else.

                            @Brian-McG Yes, possible, but that shouldn't be needed and is devious work. It also floods the database and back-end with splits and merges, that will later be deleted. This feature is will prevent that as well.

                            Marinus van Deudekom
                            Marinus van Deudekom
                            Marinus van Deudekom
                            RouteXpert
                            wrote on last edited by
                            #19

                            @Yannick_van_Vugt said:

                            Other see the value of my request, I understand you don't, but if it ain't valuable to you, or you don't use the tool in a certain way, doesn't mean it's not for someone else.

                            Its not that I dont want to use such a tool. I just think that its just impossible

                            Honda Goldwing GL1500,
                            Honda Silverwing GL 650
                            DMD2 T865X 8 inch Android tablet using MRA next for navigation
                            Garmin XT sold
                            Samsung S24FE mounted on a Quadlock and using Android Auto in my car

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • Jörgen
                              Jörgen
                              Jörgen
                              Valued contributor
                              wrote on last edited by
                              #20

                              @yannick_van_vugt , even in the translation, your suggestion isn't 100% clear; it's only after David's explanation that things become clear. (lost in translation) 😉
                              Now I understand the suggestion. You kept talking about moving multiple waypoints. I always thought you were referring to the map.
                              Saying “moving within the ‘Waypoint List’” would have helped me understand it right away.
                              If, perhaps, there’s a feature in the future to delete or copy multiple waypoints, it should also be possible to move multiple waypoints (within the waypoint list). I vote for this.

                              Hardware
                              iPhone 12 pro (iOS 26.2.1)
                              iPad (7.Gen.) 18.7.3
                              Oukitel RT3 Pro (Andr. 14)
                              Wireless CarPlay mit (Elebest C650)
                              Wired CarPlay (SEAT Arona - 2021)
                              MRA Workshops in Deutsch sind hier zu finden

                              Yannick_van_Vugt 1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • Jörgen Jörgen

                                @yannick_van_vugt , even in the translation, your suggestion isn't 100% clear; it's only after David's explanation that things become clear. (lost in translation) 😉
                                Now I understand the suggestion. You kept talking about moving multiple waypoints. I always thought you were referring to the map.
                                Saying “moving within the ‘Waypoint List’” would have helped me understand it right away.
                                If, perhaps, there’s a feature in the future to delete or copy multiple waypoints, it should also be possible to move multiple waypoints (within the waypoint list). I vote for this.

                                Yannick_van_Vugt
                                Yannick_van_Vugt
                                Yannick_van_Vugt
                                wrote on last edited by
                                #21

                                @Jörgen After reading my post again, I get what you mean. I mention re-arrange and 'section' of route, for me that felt clear when I wrote it. It was never about changing their physical location on the map, of course, when there is no street or path, it would be useless to place a marker there.

                                📷: YannickvanVugt | 🏍️: DutchTransalp

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                1

                                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                Register Login
                                Reply
                                • Reply as topic
                                Log in to reply
                                • Oldest to Newest
                                • Newest to Oldest
                                • Most Votes


                                • 1
                                • 2
                                ACTIVE USERS
                                Jörgen
                                Jörgen
                                a white mouse on the motorbike
                                a white mouse on the motorbike
                                Brian McG
                                Brian McG
                                Marinus van Deudekom
                                Marinus van Deudekom
                                Leike Lodiers
                                Leike Lodiers
                                Yannick_van_Vugt
                                Yannick_van_Vugt
                                David Jobling
                                David Jobling
                                POPULAR TOPICS
                                • Help please, new user
                                  Bull Tahr
                                  Bull Tahr
                                  0
                                  8
                                  186

                                • My Routeapp Stays questions
                                  Lluis Arasanz
                                  Lluis Arasanz
                                  0
                                  5
                                  18

                                • Problem Switching App to Beta RoutePlanner
                                  Rob Verhoeff
                                  Rob Verhoeff
                                  0
                                  7
                                  45

                                • How to export GPX files to Zumo XT without recalculation
                                  HABVEN aka MrMRA
                                  HABVEN aka MrMRA
                                  0
                                  10
                                  283

                                • [Request] Recent changes on webplanner...
                                  Lluis Arasanz
                                  Lluis Arasanz
                                  0
                                  3
                                  10

                                • MRA 6.00 (515) - Voice Options with iPhone 18 Pro
                                  Dave J 0
                                  Dave J 0
                                  0
                                  3
                                  36

                                • Where is the "Routes" option?
                                  Bart De Medts
                                  Bart De Medts
                                  0
                                  2
                                  4

                                • No tracklog on Android phone
                                  Con Hennekens
                                  Con Hennekens
                                  0
                                  16
                                  820

                                MY GROUPS
                                • Login

                                • Login or register to search.
                                • First post
                                  Last post
                                0
                                • Categories
                                • Recent
                                • Popular
                                • Support
                                • MyRoute-app