Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. The MyRoute-app
  3. [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
  4. V5.1.0 - 462 New altitude/heading shows incorrect Data

V5.1.0 - 462 New altitude/heading shows incorrect Data

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
24 Posts 9 Posters 3.2k Views 9 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Mzokk
    Mzokk
    Mzokk
    wrote on last edited by Mzokk
    #6

    I did a little experiment with this. My house is just below a 50m contour line. My phone using MRA gives 341ft or 104M.

    07e9184a-8270-474f-8212-54e40340381b-image.jpeg

    Same with OSMand.

    47c284ca-5f1a-4fb9-955f-ba021c3bf3af-image.jpeg

    In OSMand you can download a correction file "World Altitude Correction"

    4682ebb0-0a34-4b12-a684-e27bdbb84ca5-image.jpeg

    This puts me at 157ft or 48M which would be within + or - 3m of my actual elevation.

    324154c7-789f-4c80-bfc7-96f5fb80e52d-image.jpeg

    Might be worth building in the correction file somewhere?

    1 Reply Last reply
    1
    • Jörgen
      Jörgen
      Jörgen
      Valued contributor
      wrote on last edited by
      #7

      I noticed also that a correction of about -50 m is necessary.

      Hardware
      iPhone 12 pro (iOS 26.2.1)
      iPad (7.Gen.) 18.7.3
      Oukitel RT3 Pro (Andr. 14)
      Wireless CarPlay mit (Elebest C650)
      Wired CarPlay (SEAT Arona - 2021)
      MRA Workshops in Deutsch sind hier zu finden

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Jörgen
        Jörgen
        Jörgen
        Valued contributor
        wrote on last edited by
        #8

        Regarding the Noth segment display, I believe it was always correct.

        Hardware
        iPhone 12 pro (iOS 26.2.1)
        iPad (7.Gen.) 18.7.3
        Oukitel RT3 Pro (Andr. 14)
        Wireless CarPlay mit (Elebest C650)
        Wired CarPlay (SEAT Arona - 2021)
        MRA Workshops in Deutsch sind hier zu finden

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • Guzzist
          Guzzist
          Guzzist
          Valued contributor
          wrote on last edited by
          #9

          I compared several apps and GPX Tools. Only OsmAnd Shows the correct value (at my home base in southern part of Germany.

          Nothing is impossible ;-)
          In past: GARMIN Zumo 210->GARMIN Zumo 395->GARMIN XT=> now: DMD T865-X + MyRoute-App, LocusMaps, OsmAnd.
          In past: GARMIN MapSource ->GARMIN BaseCamp->Tyre->Kurviger->Calimoto=> now: MRA-Routplanner.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • Rob Verhoeff
            Rob Verhoeff
            Rob Verhoeff
            Alpha tester
            wrote on last edited by
            #10

            It’s just a nice extra feature! It’s not like your life depends on the altitude display shown by the navigation system. I see it as a fun gimmick. Whether I’m driving at sea level or at 1500 meters in mountainous terrain, it’s simply fun to see — nothing more. And I believe that’s exactly how this functionality was intended: nothing more and nothing less. Apparently, some phones handle it better than others.

            🏍️ BMW K1600GT-P (2013) | Nolan N100-5 with Sena 30K
            📱 iOS on iPhone 13 & 16 (mounted on Quadlock or AliExpress extention on BMW-cradle)
            🚙 Apple CarPlay in VW T-Roc
            💻 Routelab on MacBook Air & iMac (Golden Gate & Ventura)

            Guzzist Mzokk Con Hennekens 3 Replies Last reply
            1
            • Rob Verhoeff Rob Verhoeff

              It’s just a nice extra feature! It’s not like your life depends on the altitude display shown by the navigation system. I see it as a fun gimmick. Whether I’m driving at sea level or at 1500 meters in mountainous terrain, it’s simply fun to see — nothing more. And I believe that’s exactly how this functionality was intended: nothing more and nothing less. Apparently, some phones handle it better than others.

              Guzzist
              Guzzist
              Guzzist
              Valued contributor
              wrote on last edited by
              #11

              @Rob-Verhoeff I totally agree with you Rob. It was just this discussion, which let me check just at home, because I know the hight there 😊

              Nothing is impossible ;-)
              In past: GARMIN Zumo 210->GARMIN Zumo 395->GARMIN XT=> now: DMD T865-X + MyRoute-App, LocusMaps, OsmAnd.
              In past: GARMIN MapSource ->GARMIN BaseCamp->Tyre->Kurviger->Calimoto=> now: MRA-Routplanner.

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Rob Verhoeff Rob Verhoeff

                It’s just a nice extra feature! It’s not like your life depends on the altitude display shown by the navigation system. I see it as a fun gimmick. Whether I’m driving at sea level or at 1500 meters in mountainous terrain, it’s simply fun to see — nothing more. And I believe that’s exactly how this functionality was intended: nothing more and nothing less. Apparently, some phones handle it better than others.

                Mzokk
                Mzokk
                Mzokk
                wrote on last edited by Mzokk
                #12

                @Rob-Verhoeff Agree also. Just a fun thing. Elevation isn't even critical when hill walking. I'm more of a map and old Silva compass person for that activity. I have started to use OSMand a bit whilst walking.......its a slippery slope (sorry couldn't resist) 😊

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • Bouke Ent
                  Bouke Ent
                  Bouke Ent
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #13

                  In The Netherlands our level is based on NAP. GPS level is based on a globel level. for yhe netherlands it is arround a 40 meter differance then our NAP.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • Reinhard Punz
                    Reinhard Punz
                    Reinhard Punz
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #14

                    I also see the altitude information as a nice addition, but my main concern is the incorrect direction. It seems the direction is reversed, and west/east are swapped. North/south is displayed correctly on my Android devices.

                    Rob Verhoeff 1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • Reinhard Punz Reinhard Punz

                      I also see the altitude information as a nice addition, but my main concern is the incorrect direction. It seems the direction is reversed, and west/east are swapped. North/south is displayed correctly on my Android devices.

                      Rob Verhoeff
                      Rob Verhoeff
                      Rob Verhoeff
                      Alpha tester
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #15

                      @Reinhard-Punz You mean the red stripe in the compass? It always pointed to the north as far as I can see.

                      🏍️ BMW K1600GT-P (2013) | Nolan N100-5 with Sena 30K
                      📱 iOS on iPhone 13 & 16 (mounted on Quadlock or AliExpress extention on BMW-cradle)
                      🚙 Apple CarPlay in VW T-Roc
                      💻 Routelab on MacBook Air & iMac (Golden Gate & Ventura)

                      Reinhard Punz 1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • Rob Verhoeff Rob Verhoeff

                        It’s just a nice extra feature! It’s not like your life depends on the altitude display shown by the navigation system. I see it as a fun gimmick. Whether I’m driving at sea level or at 1500 meters in mountainous terrain, it’s simply fun to see — nothing more. And I believe that’s exactly how this functionality was intended: nothing more and nothing less. Apparently, some phones handle it better than others.

                        Con Hennekens
                        Con Hennekens
                        Con Hennekens
                        Alpha tester
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #16

                        @Rob-Verhoeff, That is of course true, but does not reason away why other apps show it right 😉 If correction is possible, I am all for it.

                        I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                        Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                        Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                        Reinhard Punz 1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • Rob Verhoeff Rob Verhoeff

                          @Reinhard-Punz You mean the red stripe in the compass? It always pointed to the north as far as I can see.

                          Reinhard Punz
                          Reinhard Punz
                          Reinhard Punz
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #17

                          @Rob-Verhoeff Yes, exactly. The screenshot shows that I'm facing southwest, but the compass is pointing southeast. I'm at an altitude of approximately 331 meters.Screenshot_20260526_133821.jpg

                          Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • Reinhard Punz Reinhard Punz

                            @Rob-Verhoeff Yes, exactly. The screenshot shows that I'm facing southwest, but the compass is pointing southeast. I'm at an altitude of approximately 331 meters.Screenshot_20260526_133821.jpg

                            Con Hennekens
                            Con Hennekens
                            Con Hennekens
                            Alpha tester
                            wrote on last edited by
                            #18

                            @Reinhard-Punz, I don't think the direction you are facing is relevant. It's the direction you are moving to that is. It looks like you are stationary. Then it will not work.

                            I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                            Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                            Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

                              @Rob-Verhoeff, That is of course true, but does not reason away why other apps show it right 😉 If correction is possible, I am all for it.

                              Reinhard Punz
                              Reinhard Punz
                              Reinhard Punz
                              wrote on last edited by
                              #19

                              @Con-Hennekens It's true that in this example I was on foot (so very slowly). But I observed the same thing yesterday during a long car ride.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • Stanisław
                                Stanisław
                                Stanisław
                                Valued contributor
                                wrote on last edited by
                                #20

                                I think the red bar is showing North and all is correct, am I wrong?

                                2026-05-26_14h37_46.jpg

                                --
                                Regards
                                Staszek

                                Reinhard Punz 1 Reply Last reply
                                3
                                • M. Schrijver
                                  M. Schrijver
                                  M. Schrijver
                                  Valued contributor
                                  wrote on last edited by
                                  #21

                                  @stanisław You could be right but is not more logical the top is always North and the red part the direction of riding?

                                  (I use MRA Next only on Android Auto. Every comment, suggestion, etc will be based on my usage with Android Auto)

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  1
                                  • Stanisław
                                    Stanisław
                                    Stanisław
                                    Valued contributor
                                    wrote on last edited by
                                    #22

                                    I'm not trying to judge. I'm just taking what the app gives me, Corjan usually knows better 😉

                                    --
                                    Regards
                                    Staszek

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • Stanisław Stanisław

                                      I think the red bar is showing North and all is correct, am I wrong?

                                      2026-05-26_14h37_46.jpg

                                      Reinhard Punz
                                      Reinhard Punz
                                      Reinhard Punz
                                      wrote on last edited by
                                      #23

                                      @Stanisław said:

                                      I think the red bar is showing North and all is correct, am I wrong?

                                      Oh, I hadn't thought of that. It may be intended that way, but I find it very confusing. I think it would be much more logical, as M. Schrijver suggests: north at the top, and the red part indicating the direction traveled.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • Jörgen
                                        Jörgen
                                        Jörgen
                                        Valued contributor
                                        wrote on last edited by
                                        #24

                                        @reinhard-punz
                                        As written in Post #8, I already thought that you misunderstood the meaning of red part.

                                        Hardware
                                        iPhone 12 pro (iOS 26.2.1)
                                        iPad (7.Gen.) 18.7.3
                                        Oukitel RT3 Pro (Andr. 14)
                                        Wireless CarPlay mit (Elebest C650)
                                        Wired CarPlay (SEAT Arona - 2021)
                                        MRA Workshops in Deutsch sind hier zu finden

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0

                                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                        Register Login
                                        Reply
                                        • Reply as topic
                                        Log in to reply
                                        • Oldest to Newest
                                        • Newest to Oldest
                                        • Most Votes


                                        • 1
                                        • 2
                                        ACTIVE USERS
                                        Rob Verhoeff
                                        Rob Verhoeff
                                        Jörgen
                                        Jörgen
                                        Con Hennekens
                                        Con Hennekens
                                        Mzokk
                                        Mzokk
                                        Bouke Ent
                                        Bouke Ent
                                        M. Schrijver
                                        M. Schrijver
                                        Stanisław
                                        Stanisław
                                        Guzzist
                                        Guzzist
                                        Reinhard Punz
                                        Reinhard Punz
                                        POPULAR TOPICS
                                        • Animation
                                          LennyO
                                          LennyO
                                          0
                                          13
                                          31

                                        • How to export GPX files to Zumo XT without recalculation
                                          John S Parry
                                          John S Parry
                                          0
                                          9
                                          197

                                        • Route line transparency
                                          Jörgen
                                          Jörgen
                                          1
                                          5
                                          30

                                        • A04 Menu - Waypoints on the mobile phone
                                          Corjan Meijerink
                                          Corjan Meijerink
                                          0
                                          5
                                          22

                                        • How to get GROUPS into the new planner?
                                          Con Hennekens
                                          Con Hennekens
                                          0
                                          5
                                          11

                                        • Help please, new user
                                          RainerT
                                          RainerT
                                          0
                                          4
                                          16

                                        • Issues about using planner in tablet
                                          Corjan Meijerink
                                          Corjan Meijerink
                                          0
                                          4
                                          25

                                        • In attesa di caricamento 0 tracklog e 6 elementi
                                          Peter Zehentreiter
                                          Peter Zehentreiter
                                          0
                                          3
                                          65

                                        MY GROUPS
                                        • Login

                                        • Login or register to search.
                                        • First post
                                          Last post
                                        0
                                        • Categories
                                        • Recent
                                        • Popular
                                        • Support
                                        • MyRoute-app