Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. General Discussion
  3. map contrast issues

map contrast issues

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved General Discussion
33 Posts 15 Posters 18.4k Views 7 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Rob Veerman Rob Veerman

    @Jörgen Request? Yes. Agreed? No. But I am aware of the famous German expression "Ordnung muss sein" (could be translated as 'there must be order'). 😉

    Jörgen
    Jörgen
    Jörgen
    Valued contributor
    wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @Rob-Veerman said in map contrast issues:

    Request? Yes. Agreed? No. But I am aware of the famous German expression "Ordnung muss sein" (could be translated as 'there must be order').

    Nonsense, this is just a friendly gesture towards people who don't speak every language.

    Hardware
    iPhone 12 pro (iOS 26.2.1)
    iPad (7.Gen.) 18.7.3
    Oukitel RT3 Pro (Andr. 14)
    Wireless CarPlay mit (Elebest C650)
    Wired CarPlay (SEAT Arona - 2021)
    MRA Workshops in Deutsch sind hier zu finden

    Rob Veerman 1 Reply Last reply
    1
    • Jörgen Jörgen

      @Rob-Veerman said in map contrast issues:

      Request? Yes. Agreed? No. But I am aware of the famous German expression "Ordnung muss sein" (could be translated as 'there must be order').

      Nonsense, this is just a friendly gesture towards people who don't speak every language.

      Rob Veerman
      Rob Veerman
      Rob Veerman
      wrote on last edited by
      #18

      @Jörgen Come on Jörgen, you're sensitive. I was just teasing you a bit using that expression. Don't feel offended.

      Jörgen 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Rob Veerman Rob Veerman

        @Jörgen Come on Jörgen, you're sensitive. I was just teasing you a bit using that expression. Don't feel offended.

        Jörgen
        Jörgen
        Jörgen
        Valued contributor
        wrote on last edited by
        #19

        @Rob-Veerman said in map contrast issues:

        I was just teasing you a bit using that expression. Don't feel offended.

        Don´t worry I am not offended, I am a friendly person like Dutch people.

        Hardware
        iPhone 12 pro (iOS 26.2.1)
        iPad (7.Gen.) 18.7.3
        Oukitel RT3 Pro (Andr. 14)
        Wireless CarPlay mit (Elebest C650)
        Wired CarPlay (SEAT Arona - 2021)
        MRA Workshops in Deutsch sind hier zu finden

        1 Reply Last reply
        2
        • Dae 0 Dae 0

          It’s one of the reasons I only use MRA for planning and Scenic (iOS only) for navigating - Scenic allows complete customisation of colours and also allows you to change font sizes and line/road thicknesses.

          I had the same contrast issue with the default Here! colour scheme that Scenic was using, both using the iPhone as a navigation device and also using the Chigee CarPlay device. These are the colours I use now - not pretty but high contrast and totally readable on my Chigee even in the brightest direct sunshine.

          The following are zoomed out quite far - you can see a lot of detail clearly when zoomed in more

          dee193eb-e3fa-4a15-aa9e-7a2bdb310c17-image.png

          3534b75c-c4e4-461a-b075-0171c18529db-image.png

          cb1468f1-8ef4-48c4-b0b7-1ed0f5563908-image.png

          HighPeakRider
          HighPeakRider
          HighPeakRider
          wrote on last edited by
          #20

          @Dae-0 Thanks, I'd not looked at Senic, but currently it seems to have advantages over MRA.
          Direct record in CarPlay, provision of stats for each ride , ave mph, distance, total ride distance etc.
          Things I missed on my Triumph which I had in the BMW app.

          Will have to see if these get developed in MRA as this also leaves me using multiple apps.

          Nick Carthew 1 Reply Last reply
          1
          • HighPeakRider HighPeakRider

            @Dae-0 Thanks, I'd not looked at Senic, but currently it seems to have advantages over MRA.
            Direct record in CarPlay, provision of stats for each ride , ave mph, distance, total ride distance etc.
            Things I missed on my Triumph which I had in the BMW app.

            Will have to see if these get developed in MRA as this also leaves me using multiple apps.

            Nick Carthew
            Nick Carthew
            Nick Carthew
            RouteXpert
            wrote on last edited by
            #21

            @HighPeakRider said in map contrast issues:

            @Dae-0 Thanks, I'd not looked at Senic, but currently it seems to have advantages over MRA.
            Direct record in CarPlay, provision of stats for each ride , ave mph, distance, total ride distance etc.
            Things I missed on my Triumph which I had in the BMW app.

            Will have to see if these get developed in MRA as this also leaves me using multiple apps.

            Stats are available from an MRA tracklog if you tap the icon.

            2e1ba896-e771-4552-8f7a-b23d0449a42e-image.png

            Always willing to help if I can.
            Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT called Tina.
            MRA Navigation Next and SilverFox BJ8

            HighPeakRider 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Nick Carthew Nick Carthew

              @HighPeakRider said in map contrast issues:

              @Dae-0 Thanks, I'd not looked at Senic, but currently it seems to have advantages over MRA.
              Direct record in CarPlay, provision of stats for each ride , ave mph, distance, total ride distance etc.
              Things I missed on my Triumph which I had in the BMW app.

              Will have to see if these get developed in MRA as this also leaves me using multiple apps.

              Stats are available from an MRA tracklog if you tap the icon.

              2e1ba896-e771-4552-8f7a-b23d0449a42e-image.png

              HighPeakRider
              HighPeakRider
              HighPeakRider
              wrote on last edited by
              #22

              @Nick-Carthew Yes but not the totals?
              Not that I've yet used it yet to start collecting any stats yet.

              IMG_4363.png

              Klaus r 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • HighPeakRider HighPeakRider

                @Nick-Carthew Yes but not the totals?
                Not that I've yet used it yet to start collecting any stats yet.

                IMG_4363.png

                Klaus r
                Klaus r
                Klaus r
                wrote on last edited by
                #23

                This is the main reason why I still use my zumo XT for nav.
                With customized colours (in the kmtf files) it offers me high contrast readable map even in brigth sun shine.
                And the zumo also uses HERE maps ...

                1 Reply Last reply
                3
                • Corjan Meijerink
                  Corjan Meijerink
                  Corjan Meijerink
                  Developer
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #24

                  styles_light.png

                  styles_dark.png

                  More styles incoming! 😏

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  7
                  • Jörgen
                    Jörgen
                    Jörgen
                    Valued contributor
                    wrote on last edited by Jörgen
                    #25

                    😳 When? Before weekend? 👏

                    Hardware
                    iPhone 12 pro (iOS 26.2.1)
                    iPad (7.Gen.) 18.7.3
                    Oukitel RT3 Pro (Andr. 14)
                    Wireless CarPlay mit (Elebest C650)
                    Wired CarPlay (SEAT Arona - 2021)
                    MRA Workshops in Deutsch sind hier zu finden

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • Corjan Meijerink
                      Corjan Meijerink
                      Corjan Meijerink
                      Developer
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #26

                      @Jörgen After the weekend for Beta.
                      Public release before end of August.

                      Klaus r Thomas Schäfer 2 Replies Last reply
                      4
                      • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink

                        @Jörgen After the weekend for Beta.
                        Public release before end of August.

                        Klaus r
                        Klaus r
                        Klaus r
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #27

                        @Corjan-Meijerink
                        Wong looks good!👍
                        I think it will be useful in bright sunlight.
                        Test it sitting in the garden 😊
                        A bit more closer to Michelin's color scheme would even be better. Red for major roads and a bit more yellow for minor roads?
                        That's my experience with my customized zumoXT colors.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • M. Schrijver
                          M. Schrijver
                          M. Schrijver
                          Valued contributor
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #28

                          A big improvement.
                          @Rob-Veerman Not every screen is the same. It seems your screen is fine. My Android Auto screen is also fine.
                          But there a lot of screen quality which are worse especially when the brightness is boosted to the max. Then the roads and the area around the roads have almost the same color. This makes it nearly impossible to navigate on.

                          (I use MRA Next only on Android Auto. Every comment, suggestion, etc will be based on my usage with Android Auto)

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • Sharon Wilson Sharon Wilson

                            Does anyone else have issues being unable to make out the roads on the Nav app?
                            I'm using Chigee and all I can see is the navigation line on a white background, the definition of the map is so faint, its nothing like the map displayed on the phone. It is marginally better in my car's car play system but the definition of the map is still very faint.

                            Mark Bird
                            Mark Bird
                            Mark Bird
                            wrote on last edited by
                            #29

                            @Sharon-Wilson I’ve been using MRA for planning for years but not used it for navigation until yesterday. I’ve just got rid of my Garmin Zumo XT and fitted a Chigee AIO-5 CarPlay unit and tested it yesterday only to discover I simply cannot see the roads on the map. I am really disappointed and frankly quite amazed by this. Even on my phone the nav map is hard to see as the contrast between the roads and the background is not great enough.
                            I have read all the replies and it seems this is going to be addressed soon, but not quick enough for me as I’m off to Scotland on Thursday. I guess I’ll be binning MRA in favour of Calimoto or Scenic until MRA get it sorted.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            1
                            • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink

                              @Jörgen After the weekend for Beta.
                              Public release before end of August.

                              Thomas Schäfer
                              Thomas Schäfer
                              Thomas Schäfer
                              wrote on last edited by
                              #30

                              @Corjan-Meijerink Although there is obviously a solution to the problem soon, a small question of understanding from me.
                              These problems only seem to occur with external devices such as Chigee etc.?
                              I use an old Pocophone F1 when navigating with the app and not my zumo xt and I don't have any colour issues?
                              So is it possibly only due to the AndroidAuto or Carplay devices?
                              Or am I ‘doing something wrong’? 😊

                              Freundliche Grüße/Kind regards/Met vriendelijke groeten

                              Thomas

                              Dae 0 M. Schrijver 2 Replies Last reply
                              0
                              • Thomas Schäfer Thomas Schäfer

                                @Corjan-Meijerink Although there is obviously a solution to the problem soon, a small question of understanding from me.
                                These problems only seem to occur with external devices such as Chigee etc.?
                                I use an old Pocophone F1 when navigating with the app and not my zumo xt and I don't have any colour issues?
                                So is it possibly only due to the AndroidAuto or Carplay devices?
                                Or am I ‘doing something wrong’? 😊

                                Dae 0
                                Dae 0
                                Dae 0
                                wrote on last edited by
                                #31

                                @Thomas-Schäfer said in map contrast issues:

                                These problems only seem to occur with external devices such as Chigee etc.?

                                That’s not the case. I’ve had it with two different models of iPhone, and it’s even worse when phone decides to dim the screen due to heat.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                1
                                • Thomas Schäfer Thomas Schäfer

                                  @Corjan-Meijerink Although there is obviously a solution to the problem soon, a small question of understanding from me.
                                  These problems only seem to occur with external devices such as Chigee etc.?
                                  I use an old Pocophone F1 when navigating with the app and not my zumo xt and I don't have any colour issues?
                                  So is it possibly only due to the AndroidAuto or Carplay devices?
                                  Or am I ‘doing something wrong’? 😊

                                  M. Schrijver
                                  M. Schrijver
                                  M. Schrijver
                                  Valued contributor
                                  wrote on last edited by
                                  #32

                                  @Thomas-Schäfer
                                  I use MRA only on Android Auto. No problems with it.
                                  But to be fair. The current map does not have the greatest contrast compared to other navigation apps
                                  The problem is a typical screen issue. Many screens can reach high brightness levels but not all screens can maintain a good contrast at high brightness levels.
                                  Black on white will always work but light blue on white is very difficult

                                  (I use MRA Next only on Android Auto. Every comment, suggestion, etc will be based on my usage with Android Auto)

                                  Klaus r 1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • M. Schrijver M. Schrijver

                                    @Thomas-Schäfer
                                    I use MRA only on Android Auto. No problems with it.
                                    But to be fair. The current map does not have the greatest contrast compared to other navigation apps
                                    The problem is a typical screen issue. Many screens can reach high brightness levels but not all screens can maintain a good contrast at high brightness levels.
                                    Black on white will always work but light blue on white is very difficult

                                    Klaus r
                                    Klaus r
                                    Klaus r
                                    wrote on last edited by
                                    #33

                                    I don't thimk it is simply a screen issue.
                                    For high contrast = readability in sunlight a proper choice of colors is much more important.
                                    A retired photographer recommended me, switch your color tables to greyscale and then choose for landscapes etc. and roads just the opposite colors.
                                    Michelin overlay colors are a good example.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    1

                                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                    Register Login
                                    Reply
                                    • Reply as topic
                                    Log in to reply
                                    • Oldest to Newest
                                    • Newest to Oldest
                                    • Most Votes


                                    • 1
                                    • 2
                                    ACTIVE USERS
                                    Corjan Meijerink
                                    Corjan Meijerink
                                    Jörgen
                                    Jörgen
                                    Rob Verhoeff
                                    Rob Verhoeff
                                    Dae 0
                                    Dae 0
                                    Nick Carthew
                                    Nick Carthew
                                    M. Schrijver
                                    M. Schrijver
                                    Bouke Ent
                                    Bouke Ent
                                    Rob Veerman
                                    Rob Veerman
                                    Thomas Schäfer
                                    Thomas Schäfer
                                    Herko ter Horst
                                    Herko ter Horst
                                    HighPeakRider
                                    HighPeakRider
                                    Klaus r
                                    Klaus r
                                    Mark Bird
                                    Mark Bird
                                    Sharon Wilson
                                    Sharon Wilson
                                    POPULAR TOPICS
                                    • LAN004 - Route Import filetypes
                                      Corjan Meijerink
                                      Corjan Meijerink
                                      0
                                      13
                                      31

                                    • [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                                      Vince Hyde
                                      Vince Hyde
                                      9
                                      122
                                      11.5k

                                    • Issues on one-way streets when reversing routes
                                      b0hd1
                                      b0hd1
                                      0
                                      10
                                      31

                                    • Probleem met eigen Stay
                                      Albert van den Elsen
                                      Albert van den Elsen
                                      0
                                      5
                                      15

                                    • I need help with the track navigation settings
                                      Peter Zehentreiter
                                      Peter Zehentreiter
                                      0
                                      5
                                      100

                                    • Route line is not easy to follow on map
                                      Corjan Meijerink
                                      Corjan Meijerink
                                      0
                                      4
                                      9

                                    • LAN005 - Data from calculator in toolkit
                                      Lluis Arasanz
                                      Lluis Arasanz
                                      0
                                      4
                                      22

                                    • F002 POI Create groups - why this map
                                      Hubert Thoring
                                      Hubert Thoring
                                      0
                                      4
                                      26

                                    MY GROUPS
                                    • Login

                                    • Login or register to search.
                                    • First post
                                      Last post
                                    0
                                    • Categories
                                    • Recent
                                    • Popular
                                    • Support
                                    • MyRoute-app