Suggestion: my dream POI system
which may be the nightmare of some other folks
POI and Favorites should become one system, it concerns the same kind of position data anyway?
POI should come in different flavors:
- POI that I created,
- POI imported from somewhere else,
and this should be visible when looking at them in the route planner (different symbol). What one can do with these different flavors basically remains the same but it would be nice to see what I have made myself and probably contains the whole MRA data set, and what is only containing the data imported from elsewhere.
I would like to have much more info attached to a POI
- so that it can store a complete address as available in e.g. outlook
- A free text field should be available
- a place for a URL
I would like to be able to exchange contact data between outlook contacts (or any other external system for that matter) and MRA routeplanner, with options for a single direction (MRA-> outlook, Outlook-> MRA) or a full sync.
Syncing options should also be to overwrite or skip already existing POI in MRA
I would like to be able to put favorites in folders:
- and be able to exchange POI between folders
For folders, I would like to have a setting that excludes some folders from being visible on Next
For syncing with external programs (see above) I would like to indicate a POI folder that should be used for this syncing. There could be a folder for each syncing couple (outlook - MRA, Google - MRA) to avoid that a sync ruins the other POI data.
I would like to have a special default folder to put all POI in that are collected while driving (or being on the road at least)
When saving such a POI, NEXT should add all the most relevant data, address, coordinates, .... to be updated by the user later
the POI can be moved to another folder
I would like to have a special speed button for a "where on earth did i park my bike" POI that does not appear in any folder but can help me finding my bike back. You tick the button when you park, and tick it again when you want to go back to the bike.
In a route,
- I would like to be able to export the used POI to word or excel, incuding when I would arrive at the POI, or depart from the POI.
- I would like to be able to visualise all my POI in an x kilometer radius around a given point
- I would like to be able to visualise all my POI in an x kilometer distance from a route
In a route folder
- I would like to be able to export the used POI of all the routes in that folder to word or excel, including when I would arrive at the POI, or depart from the POI.
For other users: I would like to be able to sync MRA POI with GPS devices (but maybe this is not needed as we should all use NEXT )
This is not exhaustive, and probably requires a bit of typing (@Corjan-Meijerink ), and the ideas of other people as well. Feel free to comment
Thanks for the elaborate suggestion! We’ll definitely have a look when this comes up.
I was afraid that you would not know what to type
- you do not plan a route unless you want to navigate it
- you do not navigate unless you want to go some place
- and places are POI otherwise you do not want to go there.
@Drabslab don’t get on my tits
@Corjan-Meijerink You make me blush