Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. The MyRoute-app
  3. [App] Suggestions and Discussion
  4. Adapt average speed for group rides

Adapt average speed for group rides

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [App] Suggestions and Discussion
13 Posts 4 Posters 3.7k Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Klaus r Klaus r

    @Corjan-Meijerink Maybe "Adapt average speed" is misleading.
    One could implement it vice versa.
    "Adapt time calculation (for groups)"
    = "Zeitberechnung (fΓΌr Gruppen) anpassen"
    +10% ... -20%
    where +10% means group drives faster than normal, results in shorter time intervalls,
    and -20% means group drives slower, longer time intervalls.

    Klaus r
    Klaus r
    Klaus r
    wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @Klaus-r
    or
    -10% = reduce ETA by 10%
    +20% = extend / prolong ETA by 20%

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • Klaus r Klaus r

      Just have come back from a trip with friends to France and Switzerland.
      Planning nice curvy roads πŸ•Ά with MRA for 11 routes was fun. 😁
      But:
      the calculated times for viapoints most of the time were too optimistic for our group (cruisers).
      Of course, as this will depend on type of bikes and experience of the drivers in a group I propose a simple solution:

      Add to Toolkit a new function.
      "Adapt average speed (for group rides)"
      Then e.g. on a slider one can choose a "correction factor" e.g. from -20% ... +10% (for fast bikes)
      You could use this factor then on all types of roads for calculating of the estimated times.

      So it is then up to the excperience of the tourguide to set the factor appropriately.

      Stefan Hummelink
      Stefan Hummelink
      Stefan Hummelink
      Alpha tester
      wrote on last edited by
      #5

      @Klaus-r I definitely support this request, but I would suggest to keep the adjustment to affect the speed. Time is relative for type of roads that are picked out. For me personally when we ride a 60km/u road, we on average take it at approx 70 to 80km/u. So the control should simply increase the speed limit per road. The algorithm itself will then account for the shorter ETA. πŸ˜ƒ

      Manks bu'j te bange.

      Nick Carthew Klaus r 2 Replies Last reply
      0
      • Stefan Hummelink Stefan Hummelink

        @Klaus-r I definitely support this request, but I would suggest to keep the adjustment to affect the speed. Time is relative for type of roads that are picked out. For me personally when we ride a 60km/u road, we on average take it at approx 70 to 80km/u. So the control should simply increase the speed limit per road. The algorithm itself will then account for the shorter ETA. πŸ˜ƒ

        Nick Carthew
        Nick Carthew
        Nick Carthew
        RouteXpert
        wrote on last edited by
        #6

        @StefanHummelink Is this you on the speed camera πŸ˜‚

        IMG_2092.jpeg

        Always willing to help if I can.
        Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT called Tina.
        MRA Navigation Next and SilverFox BJ8

        Stefan Hummelink 1 Reply Last reply
        1
        • Stefan Hummelink Stefan Hummelink

          @Klaus-r I definitely support this request, but I would suggest to keep the adjustment to affect the speed. Time is relative for type of roads that are picked out. For me personally when we ride a 60km/u road, we on average take it at approx 70 to 80km/u. So the control should simply increase the speed limit per road. The algorithm itself will then account for the shorter ETA. πŸ˜ƒ

          Klaus r
          Klaus r
          Klaus r
          wrote on last edited by
          #7

          @StefanHummelink
          Well, I think this depends on how the algorithm to find the fastest road between 2 waypoints and the time calculation is implemented in MRA.

          In a former gps I used, there was an ini file with a speed profile for each vehicle type with speeds for e.g.
          interstate
          highway
          major road
          minor road
          local road

          I manipulated these values to get results which fit better to my driving style.

          But I wanted to propose a simple solution:
          to apply a correction factor to all of these type of roads.
          So, if you drive faster simply add x% to these speed values, or multiply by 1,x.
          If you drive slower than substract x%, or multiply by (1-0,x)

          Of course, there may be better solutions but I thought KISS
          Keep it Small and Simple

          Stefan Hummelink 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • Nick Carthew Nick Carthew

            @StefanHummelink Is this you on the speed camera πŸ˜‚

            IMG_2092.jpeg

            Stefan Hummelink
            Stefan Hummelink
            Stefan Hummelink
            Alpha tester
            wrote on last edited by
            #8

            @Nick-Carthew No license plate captures. I see no issue at all muhahahaha!

            Manks bu'j te bange.

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Klaus r Klaus r

              @StefanHummelink
              Well, I think this depends on how the algorithm to find the fastest road between 2 waypoints and the time calculation is implemented in MRA.

              In a former gps I used, there was an ini file with a speed profile for each vehicle type with speeds for e.g.
              interstate
              highway
              major road
              minor road
              local road

              I manipulated these values to get results which fit better to my driving style.

              But I wanted to propose a simple solution:
              to apply a correction factor to all of these type of roads.
              So, if you drive faster simply add x% to these speed values, or multiply by 1,x.
              If you drive slower than substract x%, or multiply by (1-0,x)

              Of course, there may be better solutions but I thought KISS
              Keep it Small and Simple

              Stefan Hummelink
              Stefan Hummelink
              Stefan Hummelink
              Alpha tester
              wrote on last edited by Stefan Hummelink
              #9

              @Klaus-r that is exactly what I would like as well. i.e. the option to correct all speed limits by 20%.

              That means 36km/u in 30km/u zone, 60km/u in 50km/u, 72Km/u in 60 and 96km/u in 80km/u.

              The numbers above suit me and my group very well. πŸ˜ƒ
              What I wanted to say is that I prefer the correction on speed which results in a correction on time, rather than a quick and dirty correction in Time for the grand total.

              Manks bu'j te bange.

              Klaus r 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Stefan Hummelink Stefan Hummelink

                @Klaus-r that is exactly what I would like as well. i.e. the option to correct all speed limits by 20%.

                That means 36km/u in 30km/u zone, 60km/u in 50km/u, 72Km/u in 60 and 96km/u in 80km/u.

                The numbers above suit me and my group very well. πŸ˜ƒ
                What I wanted to say is that I prefer the correction on speed which results in a correction on time, rather than a quick and dirty correction in Time for the grand total.

                Klaus r
                Klaus r
                Klaus r
                wrote on last edited by
                #10

                @StefanHummelink Well, in my group of cruisers with choppers it is quite the opposite.
                On a road e.g. with limit 100km/h they drive 85-90km/h which means we will arrive later than estimated
                (and which makes me crazy sometimes...)
                which means the speed of that road should be reduced for calculation.

                I am curious to see which solution MRA will offer.

                Stefan Hummelink 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • Klaus r Klaus r

                  @StefanHummelink Well, in my group of cruisers with choppers it is quite the opposite.
                  On a road e.g. with limit 100km/h they drive 85-90km/h which means we will arrive later than estimated
                  (and which makes me crazy sometimes...)
                  which means the speed of that road should be reduced for calculation.

                  I am curious to see which solution MRA will offer.

                  Stefan Hummelink
                  Stefan Hummelink
                  Stefan Hummelink
                  Alpha tester
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #11

                  @Klaus-r So -10% for you, +10% for me. πŸ˜ƒ A simple list of percentages would suffice! πŸ˜ƒ

                  Manks bu'j te bange.

                  Klaus r 1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • Stefan Hummelink Stefan Hummelink

                    @Klaus-r So -10% for you, +10% for me. πŸ˜ƒ A simple list of percentages would suffice! πŸ˜ƒ

                    Klaus r
                    Klaus r
                    Klaus r
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #12

                    @StefanHummelink πŸ‘

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • Klaus r
                      Klaus r
                      Klaus r
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #13

                      So, one can name the new function
                      Adjust speed = Geschwindigkeit anpassen

                      Might also be useful for MRA users with other type of vehicles like cabriolets, oldtimers etc.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      ACTIVE USERS
                      Corjan Meijerink
                      Corjan Meijerink
                      Stefan Hummelink
                      Stefan Hummelink
                      Nick Carthew
                      Nick Carthew
                      Klaus r
                      Klaus r
                      POPULAR TOPICS
                      • Animation
                        LennyO
                        LennyO
                        0
                        13
                        31

                      • How to export GPX files to Zumo XT without recalculation
                        HABVEN aka MrMRA
                        HABVEN aka MrMRA
                        0
                        7
                        137

                      • Route line transparency
                        JΓΆrgen
                        JΓΆrgen
                        1
                        5
                        30

                      • A04 Menu - Waypoints on the mobile phone
                        Corjan Meijerink
                        Corjan Meijerink
                        0
                        5
                        21

                      • How to get GROUPS into the new planner?
                        Con Hennekens
                        Con Hennekens
                        0
                        5
                        11

                      • Issues about using planner in tablet
                        Corjan Meijerink
                        Corjan Meijerink
                        0
                        4
                        25

                      • Problem Switching App to Beta RoutePlanner
                        Lluis Arasanz
                        Lluis Arasanz
                        0
                        3
                        18

                      • still no (Beta) Update 6.0.0 -514
                        richtea999
                        richtea999
                        0
                        5
                        94

                      MY GROUPS
                      • Login

                      • Login or register to search.
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Popular
                      • Support
                      • MyRoute-app