Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. The MyRoute-app
  3. [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
  4. Recognising that I have reached my destination

Recognising that I have reached my destination

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
19 Posts 10 Posters 5.8k Views 4 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Marinus van Deudekom Marinus van Deudekom

    @CD130 Cheers, that is when you're done driving😁

    CD130
    CD130
    CD130
    Valued contributor
    wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @Marinus-van-Deudekom Yes, love it after a good day of driving πŸ‘Œ

    The adventure starts where the plans end | READY TO >> RACE 🧑

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • Afterforever666 Afterforever666

      I see, it's by design. As a user however I find it awkward. Now, there seem to be two camps as to whether to end navigation manually or not. If there is something this fundamental that polarises your user base I think it's worth considering to make it configurable. I understand you don't want a plethora of settings like in osmand, but this is pretty fundamental.
      Typically I arrive at my destination and then I don't care for the navigation anymore and I don't cancel manually. When I then leave for somewhere else it asks me to continue the route to the destination I'm long done with. That too feels awkward.

      Con Hennekens
      Con Hennekens
      Con Hennekens
      Alpha tester
      wrote on last edited by
      #11

      @Afterforever666, Ithink it is as awkward as it is futile.

      I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

      Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

      Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

      Afterforever666 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Con Hennekens
        Con Hennekens
        Con Hennekens
        Alpha tester
        wrote on last edited by
        #12

        @Peter-Schiefer said in Recognising that I have reached my destination:

        sometimes I feel common standards noticed by user concerns are ignored, by what reason ever.

        Do all those apps that seemingly end their assistance before I even parked my car or bike and leave me hanging while going around the block to find a suitable spot, give you a method of changing this? I don't think so. This is a typical case of Metathesiophobia. You once got used to how Maps does it, but you will learn to like how MRA does it too. Give it a chance.

        I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

        Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

        Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • Con Hennekens
          Con Hennekens
          Con Hennekens
          Alpha tester
          wrote on last edited by Con Hennekens
          #13

          @Peter-Schiefer, yeah, you are a really great guy aren't you?
          Maybe a bit stubborn too πŸ˜‰ Comes with age they say πŸ˜‰

          I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

          Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

          Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

          Bouke Ent 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

            @Peter-Schiefer, yeah, you are a really great guy aren't you?
            Maybe a bit stubborn too πŸ˜‰ Comes with age they say πŸ˜‰

            Bouke Ent
            Bouke Ent
            Bouke Ent
            wrote on last edited by
            #14

            @Con-Hennekens said in Recognising that I have reached my destination:

            @Peter-Schiefer, yeah, you are a really great guy aren't you?
            Maybe a bit stubborn too πŸ˜‰ Comes with age they say πŸ˜‰

            ? i am also

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

              @Afterforever666, Ithink it is as awkward as it is futile.

              Afterforever666
              Afterforever666
              Afterforever666
              wrote on last edited by
              #15

              @Con-Hennekens said in Recognising that I have reached my destination:

              @Afterforever666, Ithink it is as awkward as it is futile.

              Reading the replies here I dare say that there is a good chunk of the user base who likes the current behavior and perhaps and equally big chunk who'd prefer it the other way. This should call for the myrouteapp app team to have a meeting how to resolve this divided user base.

              1 Reply Last reply
              2
              • Nick Carthew
                Nick Carthew
                Nick Carthew
                RouteXpert
                wrote on last edited by
                #16

                Just to add my thoughts - I prefer it as it is. I know where my end destination is because I have placed a route point there, usually with the title End and a note saying: End of route at £&£££ hotel on the left. Both the title and note appear on the screen and are read aloud to me.
                So in my mind, the app has told me I have reached the end of my route, both visually and audibly.

                Always willing to help if I can.
                Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT called Tina.
                MRA Navigation Next and SilverFox BJ8

                1 Reply Last reply
                1
                • Nick Carthew
                  Nick Carthew
                  Nick Carthew
                  RouteXpert
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #17

                  @Peter-Schiefer Sorry, you have not convinced me, I still prefer the navigation to continue after reaching the destination.

                  Always willing to help if I can.
                  Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT called Tina.
                  MRA Navigation Next and SilverFox BJ8

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  2
                  • CD130
                    CD130
                    CD130
                    Valued contributor
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #18

                    A choice option in the settings would be perfect. Then we are all happy πŸ‘

                    The adventure starts where the plans end | READY TO >> RACE 🧑

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • Rob Verhoeff
                      Rob Verhoeff
                      Rob Verhoeff
                      Alpha tester
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #19

                      I think this topic could have been closed after the third comment. What more is there to say? πŸ˜‰

                      🏍️ BMW K1600GT-P (2013) | Nolan N100-5 with Sena 30K
                      πŸ“± iOS on iPhone 13 & 16 (mounted on Quadlock or AliExpress extention on BMW-cradle)
                      πŸš™ Apple CarPlay in VW T-Roc
                      πŸ’» Routelab on MacBook Air & iMac (Golden Gate & Ventura)

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      2
                      • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink locked this topic on
                      • Brian McG Brian McG referenced this topic on

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      ACTIVE USERS
                      Brian McG
                      Brian McG
                      Rob Verhoeff
                      Rob Verhoeff
                      Con Hennekens
                      Con Hennekens
                      CD130
                      CD130
                      Marinus van Deudekom
                      Marinus van Deudekom
                      Nick Carthew
                      Nick Carthew
                      RetiredWingMan
                      RetiredWingMan
                      Bouke Ent
                      Bouke Ent
                      Afterforever666
                      Afterforever666
                      POPULAR TOPICS
                      • Waarom kan deze route niet berekend worden?
                        M. Schrijver
                        M. Schrijver
                        0
                        20
                        376

                      • How to import gpx - via Route or Route-Track?
                        M. Schrijver
                        M. Schrijver
                        0
                        16
                        541

                      • How to plan correctly
                        Erdna
                        Erdna
                        0
                        13
                        427

                      • A02 Routes en tracks kopiΓ«ren - Oude webplanner naar nieuwe webplanner
                        Hubert Thori
                        Hubert Thori
                        0
                        6
                        15

                      • test Myroute APP
                        Con Hennekens
                        Con Hennekens
                        4
                        20
                        1.7k

                      • [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                        Tom Grzelinski
                        Tom Grzelinski
                        9
                        103
                        7.4k

                      • Tour results and a question
                        Con Hennekens
                        Con Hennekens
                        0
                        4
                        35

                      • Route name in the planning screen is gone?
                        LennyO
                        LennyO
                        0
                        3
                        7

                      MY GROUPS
                      • Login

                      • Login or register to search.
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Popular
                      • Support
                      • MyRoute-app