Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. The MyRoute-app
  3. [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
  4. Android Auto in Australia

Android Auto in Australia

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
18 Posts 6 Posters 4.2k Views 3 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Peul Peul

    Thank you for your quick response...today I subscribed to MyRoute and the app appeared on my Android Auto screen...however, when I select it I get an error message telling me I need to subscribe for it to work!....any help would be appreciated.

    Paul

    HABVEN aka MrMRA
    HABVEN aka MrMRA
    HABVEN aka MrMRA
    Valued contributor
    wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @Peul

    You need an MRA Navigation Next subscription to use Android Auto, see: https://www.myrouteapp.com/nl/shop

    BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
    Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

    Peul 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

      @Peul

      You need an MRA Navigation Next subscription to use Android Auto, see: https://www.myrouteapp.com/nl/shop

      Peul
      Peul
      Peul
      wrote on last edited by
      #5

      Many thanks

      Paul

      Peul 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Peul Peul

        Many thanks

        Paul

        Peul
        Peul
        Peul
        wrote on last edited by
        #6

        Hors, I appreciate your assistance and must apologise for having to ask for further help.
        I followed your advice and paid for a 'Navigation Next' subscription....my cars loads MyRoute into Android Auto but when I click on the icon I get this error message: 'session.subscription_required'...If I click on this error message I get a second message: 'See update' and if I further click on this message I again get the 'session.subscription_required' message'.

        Paul.

        Peul Corjan Meijerink 2 Replies Last reply
        0
        • Peul Peul

          Hors, I appreciate your assistance and must apologise for having to ask for further help.
          I followed your advice and paid for a 'Navigation Next' subscription....my cars loads MyRoute into Android Auto but when I click on the icon I get this error message: 'session.subscription_required'...If I click on this error message I get a second message: 'See update' and if I further click on this message I again get the 'session.subscription_required' message'.

          Paul.

          Peul
          Peul
          Peul
          wrote on last edited by
          #7

          Or...perhaps I should raise a Support Ticket?

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • Peul Peul

            Hors, I appreciate your assistance and must apologise for having to ask for further help.
            I followed your advice and paid for a 'Navigation Next' subscription....my cars loads MyRoute into Android Auto but when I click on the icon I get this error message: 'session.subscription_required'...If I click on this error message I get a second message: 'See update' and if I further click on this message I again get the 'session.subscription_required' message'.

            Paul.

            Corjan Meijerink
            Corjan Meijerink
            Corjan Meijerink
            Developer
            wrote on last edited by
            #8

            @Peul Woopsie, that should show an actual message rather than something technical. Fixed this for the next update 😉

            I'd recommend restarting the app and make sure you are actually logged into the app with the same account you purchased the subscription with 🙂

            If that doesn't work, do contact support.

            Peul 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink

              @Peul Woopsie, that should show an actual message rather than something technical. Fixed this for the next update 😉

              I'd recommend restarting the app and make sure you are actually logged into the app with the same account you purchased the subscription with 🙂

              If that doesn't work, do contact support.

              Peul
              Peul
              Peul
              wrote on last edited by
              #9

              @Corjan-Meijerink CORJAN, Many thanks for your reply....when you recommend that I restart the app...should I in fact uninstall and reinstall the app?

              Regards
              Paul

              Corjan Meijerink 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Peul Peul

                @Corjan-Meijerink CORJAN, Many thanks for your reply....when you recommend that I restart the app...should I in fact uninstall and reinstall the app?

                Regards
                Paul

                Corjan Meijerink
                Corjan Meijerink
                Corjan Meijerink
                Developer
                wrote on last edited by
                #10

                @Peul No just reboot it and above all ensure you are logged in correctly 🙂

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • Stephen  Hall
                  Stephen  Hall
                  Stephen Hall
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #11

                  I Also can not get it to appear on Andriod Auto I have rebooted all my devices and it still will not not show up in Andriod Auto (I do have MRA Next )

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • Peul
                    Peul
                    Peul
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #12

                    Stephen, taking advice from replies to my original query, see above, I did get the MyRoute App to run on my cars Android Auto infopedia screen....however, I set a route to take me to my home address...MyRoute found the correct location and I confirmed this with Google Maps but MyRoute was not capable of taking me there...I tried several times only to find I was being taken in the opposite direction...I have now come to the conclusion that the MyRoute App is great, providing you live in Europe. I accept I have wasted money and am about to uninstall....Route Generator appears to be a good replacement app.
                    Regards
                    Paul (or Peul, who ever that is..:))

                    Con Hennekens Stephen  Hall 2 Replies Last reply
                    0
                    • Peul Peul

                      Stephen, taking advice from replies to my original query, see above, I did get the MyRoute App to run on my cars Android Auto infopedia screen....however, I set a route to take me to my home address...MyRoute found the correct location and I confirmed this with Google Maps but MyRoute was not capable of taking me there...I tried several times only to find I was being taken in the opposite direction...I have now come to the conclusion that the MyRoute App is great, providing you live in Europe. I accept I have wasted money and am about to uninstall....Route Generator appears to be a good replacement app.
                      Regards
                      Paul (or Peul, who ever that is..:))

                      Con Hennekens
                      Con Hennekens
                      Con Hennekens
                      Alpha tester
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #13

                      @Peul said in Android Auto in Australia:

                      MyRoute was not capable of taking me there...I tried several times only to find I was being taken in the opposite direction

                      Maybe it is more helpful to help us see what you mean instead of making accusations. I think no one here on the forum would be very enthusiastic about MRA if they were taken in the opposite direction. I bet the devs would not even know how to program such a thing... If you are interested in help instead of venting disappointment, please share a screen recording, or some pictures, screenshots etc. Speaking for myself, I am very interested to see what happens exactly.

                      I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                      Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                      Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                      Drabslab 1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

                        @Peul said in Android Auto in Australia:

                        MyRoute was not capable of taking me there...I tried several times only to find I was being taken in the opposite direction

                        Maybe it is more helpful to help us see what you mean instead of making accusations. I think no one here on the forum would be very enthusiastic about MRA if they were taken in the opposite direction. I bet the devs would not even know how to program such a thing... If you are interested in help instead of venting disappointment, please share a screen recording, or some pictures, screenshots etc. Speaking for myself, I am very interested to see what happens exactly.

                        Drabslab
                        Drabslab
                        Drabslab
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #14

                        @Con-Hennekens said in Android Auto in Australia:

                        I bet the devs would not even know how to program such a thing...

                        Never underestimate a developer, their imagination producing bugs is endless 🙂

                        @Peul said in Android Auto in Australia:

                        MyRoute found the correct location and I confirmed this with Google Maps but MyRoute was not capable of taking me there

                        what has google maps to do with this?

                        It is not difficult, it is easy, it's a hobby

                        Peul 1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • Drabslab Drabslab

                          @Con-Hennekens said in Android Auto in Australia:

                          I bet the devs would not even know how to program such a thing...

                          Never underestimate a developer, their imagination producing bugs is endless 🙂

                          @Peul said in Android Auto in Australia:

                          MyRoute found the correct location and I confirmed this with Google Maps but MyRoute was not capable of taking me there

                          what has google maps to do with this?

                          Peul
                          Peul
                          Peul
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #15

                          @Drabslab Google Maps this the 'old faithful' in GPS navigation....sure it lacks all the razzamatazz in these more recent bloated apps but it's good to know it's there when needed...I used Goggle Maps (And an even greater mapping program, Google Earth) to try and work out where MyRoute was taking me when I asked to go home....the GPS coordinates were the same....just why MyRoute was taking me in the opposite direction I don't know, and now don't care.

                          Con Hennekens Drabslab 2 Replies Last reply
                          0
                          • Peul Peul

                            @Drabslab Google Maps this the 'old faithful' in GPS navigation....sure it lacks all the razzamatazz in these more recent bloated apps but it's good to know it's there when needed...I used Goggle Maps (And an even greater mapping program, Google Earth) to try and work out where MyRoute was taking me when I asked to go home....the GPS coordinates were the same....just why MyRoute was taking me in the opposite direction I don't know, and now don't care.

                            Con Hennekens
                            Con Hennekens
                            Con Hennekens
                            Alpha tester
                            wrote on last edited by Con Hennekens
                            #16

                            @Peul, I use Google maps very often. It is perfect for A2B navigation when you don't really care how to get there. That is NOT the main goal for MRA. Did it ever ocur to you that there are more roads leading to your home? It might just be that MRA found a quicker way? Anyway, the maps on which the routes are calculated differ. There can be a thousand reasons why MRA chooses a different route than GMaps. You obviously don't want to get any help on the issue. So I am not really expecting an answer.

                            I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                            Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                            Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • Peul Peul

                              Stephen, taking advice from replies to my original query, see above, I did get the MyRoute App to run on my cars Android Auto infopedia screen....however, I set a route to take me to my home address...MyRoute found the correct location and I confirmed this with Google Maps but MyRoute was not capable of taking me there...I tried several times only to find I was being taken in the opposite direction...I have now come to the conclusion that the MyRoute App is great, providing you live in Europe. I accept I have wasted money and am about to uninstall....Route Generator appears to be a good replacement app.
                              Regards
                              Paul (or Peul, who ever that is..:))

                              Stephen  Hall
                              Stephen  Hall
                              Stephen Hall
                              wrote on last edited by
                              #17

                              @Peul said in Android Auto in Australia:

                              Route Generator

                              Hi
                              I uninstalled the app and re-downloaded it with success it is now showing up on Andriod Auto .

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • Peul Peul

                                @Drabslab Google Maps this the 'old faithful' in GPS navigation....sure it lacks all the razzamatazz in these more recent bloated apps but it's good to know it's there when needed...I used Goggle Maps (And an even greater mapping program, Google Earth) to try and work out where MyRoute was taking me when I asked to go home....the GPS coordinates were the same....just why MyRoute was taking me in the opposite direction I don't know, and now don't care.

                                Drabslab
                                Drabslab
                                Drabslab
                                wrote on last edited by
                                #18

                                @Peul said in Android Auto in Australia:

                                and now don't care

                                my god man, you really are the funny one at home, ain't you?

                                It is not difficult, it is easy, it's a hobby

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0

                                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                Register Login
                                Reply
                                • Reply as topic
                                Log in to reply
                                • Oldest to Newest
                                • Newest to Oldest
                                • Most Votes


                                ACTIVE USERS
                                Corjan Meijerink
                                Corjan Meijerink
                                Con Hennekens
                                Con Hennekens
                                HABVEN aka MrMRA
                                HABVEN aka MrMRA
                                Drabslab
                                Drabslab
                                Stephen  Hall
                                Stephen Hall
                                Peul
                                Peul
                                POPULAR TOPICS
                                • Arrival time (depending on vehicle)
                                  Bouke Ent
                                  Bouke Ent
                                  0
                                  8
                                  173

                                • Route name in the planning screen is gone?
                                  LennyO
                                  LennyO
                                  1
                                  8
                                  41

                                • test Myroute APP
                                  Travellexxie
                                  Travellexxie
                                  4
                                  26
                                  1.9k

                                • A04 Menu - Waypoints on the mobile phone
                                  Rob Verhoeff
                                  Rob Verhoeff
                                  0
                                  4
                                  4

                                • How to export GPX files to Zumo XT without recalculation
                                  Travellexxie
                                  Travellexxie
                                  0
                                  4
                                  70

                                • still no (Beta) Update 6.0.0 -514
                                  richtea999
                                  richtea999
                                  0
                                  5
                                  72

                                • F001 POIs Adding from selection is not possible
                                  Hubert Thori
                                  Hubert Thori
                                  0
                                  4
                                  36

                                • A02 Routes en tracks kopiëren - Oude webplanner naar nieuwe webplanner
                                  Jörgen
                                  Jörgen
                                  0
                                  9
                                  33

                                MY GROUPS
                                • Login

                                • Login or register to search.
                                • First post
                                  Last post
                                0
                                • Categories
                                • Recent
                                • Popular
                                • Support
                                • MyRoute-app