Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. MyRoute-app Routeplanner
  3. [Web] Suggestions and Discussion
  4. Saving information for route planning

Saving information for route planning

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [Web] Suggestions and Discussion
23 Posts 10 Posters 13.5k Views 3 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

    @Don-Stauffer, I think this is a great idea. I imagine being able to place a memo on a map location. These memos are visible during navigating and independent of the route. Another route that drives through that area would show the same memo. This way you can easily define a list of personally prefered hotels,, restaurants, nice things to see or whatever. Like user defined POI. I am all for!

    TorqueRider
    TorqueRider
    TorqueRider
    wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @Con-Hennekens said in Saving information for route planning:

    These memos are visible during navigating

    "during navigation"?????????????? ☠
    Okay in the planner. But please not during navigation !

    Dave J 0 Con Hennekens 2 Replies Last reply
    0
    • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

      @Don-Stauffer, I think this is a great idea. I imagine being able to place a memo on a map location. These memos are visible during navigating and independent of the route. Another route that drives through that area would show the same memo. This way you can easily define a list of personally prefered hotels,, restaurants, nice things to see or whatever. Like user defined POI. I am all for!

      Nick Carthew
      Nick Carthew
      Nick Carthew
      RouteXpert
      wrote on last edited by
      #6

      @Con-Hennekens Additional information is for the tank bag not the navigation app. 😁

      IMG_2510.jpeg

      Always willing to help if I can.
      Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT called Tina.
      MRA Navigation Next and SilverFox BJ8

      Rob Verhoeff 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Nick Carthew Nick Carthew

        @Con-Hennekens Additional information is for the tank bag not the navigation app. 😁

        IMG_2510.jpeg

        Rob Verhoeff
        Rob Verhoeff
        Rob Verhoeff
        Alpha tester
        wrote on last edited by
        #7

        @Nick-Carthew That's an interesting route you're driving... 😂

        🏍️ BMW K1600GT-P (2013) | Nolan N100-5 with Sena 30K
        📱 iOS on iPhone 13 & 16 (mounted on Quadlock or AliExpress extention on BMW-cradle)
        🚙 Apple CarPlay in VW T-Roc
        💻 Routelab on MacBook Air & iMac (Golden Gate & Ventura)

        Bart De Medts 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • TorqueRider TorqueRider

          @Con-Hennekens said in Saving information for route planning:

          These memos are visible during navigating

          "during navigation"?????????????? ☠
          Okay in the planner. But please not during navigation !

          Dave J 0
          Dave J 0
          Dave J 0
          Valued contributor
          wrote on last edited by
          #8

          @Jack-van-Tilburg totally agree. Just in planning NOT navigation.

          Kind Regards. Help where I can.
          Ducati Multistrada V4 Rally
          iPhone 15 Pro
          CHIGEE AIO-6 LTE
          Google Pixel 6 Pro - mounted on SP Connect Plus
          Ex Garmin XT2 and XT1 as well as Ex TomTom Rider User

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • Rob Verhoeff Rob Verhoeff

            @Nick-Carthew That's an interesting route you're driving... 😂

            Bart De Medts
            Bart De Medts
            Bart De Medts
            Alpha tester
            wrote on last edited by
            #9

            @Rob-Verhoeff it was also the first thing I saw.... very special shape that route 😁 😁

            🏍️ Tiger: DMD Nor7e + SilverFox controller
            🏍️ Bobber: iPhone 15 Pro + Quad Lock mount
            🚗 Car: iPhone 15 Pro with wireless Apple CarPlay

            Rob Verhoeff 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Bart De Medts Bart De Medts

              @Rob-Verhoeff it was also the first thing I saw.... very special shape that route 😁 😁

              Rob Verhoeff
              Rob Verhoeff
              Rob Verhoeff
              Alpha tester
              wrote on last edited by
              #10

              @Bart-DM A dirty mind is a joy forever...

              🏍️ BMW K1600GT-P (2013) | Nolan N100-5 with Sena 30K
              📱 iOS on iPhone 13 & 16 (mounted on Quadlock or AliExpress extention on BMW-cradle)
              🚙 Apple CarPlay in VW T-Roc
              💻 Routelab on MacBook Air & iMac (Golden Gate & Ventura)

              Corjan Meijerink 1 Reply Last reply
              1
              • TorqueRider TorqueRider

                @Con-Hennekens said in Saving information for route planning:

                These memos are visible during navigating

                "during navigation"?????????????? ☠
                Okay in the planner. But please not during navigation !

                Con Hennekens
                Con Hennekens
                Con Hennekens
                Alpha tester
                wrote on last edited by Con Hennekens
                #11

                @Jack-van-Tilburg said in Saving information for route planning:

                Okay in the planner. But please not during navigation !

                @Nick-Carthew said in Saving information for route planning:

                Additional information is for the tank bag not the navigation app.

                @Dave-J-0 said in Saving information for route planning:

                totally agree. Just in planning NOT navigation.

                That's the first time I hear a bunch of die-hard navigation fans being afraid of POI's...
                Your opinions are clear, I wonder about the reasoning (if any 😉 ).

                I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                Nick Carthew 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • Rob Verhoeff Rob Verhoeff

                  @Bart-DM A dirty mind is a joy forever...

                  Corjan Meijerink
                  Corjan Meijerink
                  Corjan Meijerink
                  Developer
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #12

                  @Rob-Verhoeff @Bart-DM I am sure it is representative for the actual size of Mr. Cerne Abbas himself @Nick-Carthew 😏

                  Rob Verhoeff Nick Carthew Bart De Medts Con Hennekens 4 Replies Last reply
                  1
                  • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink

                    @Rob-Verhoeff @Bart-DM I am sure it is representative for the actual size of Mr. Cerne Abbas himself @Nick-Carthew 😏

                    Rob Verhoeff
                    Rob Verhoeff
                    Rob Verhoeff
                    Alpha tester
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #13

                    @Corjan-Meijerink Wow 😂

                    🏍️ BMW K1600GT-P (2013) | Nolan N100-5 with Sena 30K
                    📱 iOS on iPhone 13 & 16 (mounted on Quadlock or AliExpress extention on BMW-cradle)
                    🚙 Apple CarPlay in VW T-Roc
                    💻 Routelab on MacBook Air & iMac (Golden Gate & Ventura)

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

                      @Jack-van-Tilburg said in Saving information for route planning:

                      Okay in the planner. But please not during navigation !

                      @Nick-Carthew said in Saving information for route planning:

                      Additional information is for the tank bag not the navigation app.

                      @Dave-J-0 said in Saving information for route planning:

                      totally agree. Just in planning NOT navigation.

                      That's the first time I hear a bunch of die-hard navigation fans being afraid of POI's...
                      Your opinions are clear, I wonder about the reasoning (if any 😉 ).

                      Nick Carthew
                      Nick Carthew
                      Nick Carthew
                      RouteXpert
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #14

                      @Con-Hennekens I think that there is enough information available as we navigate now. We can already leave quite substantial notes in the route points which will soon be read to us with text to speech.

                      I don’t think the original post was concerning POIs.
                      I have no problems with seeing POIs and maybe we could write similar notes in those too. It has already be mentioned that any added URLs or phone numbers to notes could connect directly with a press.

                      Always willing to help if I can.
                      Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT called Tina.
                      MRA Navigation Next and SilverFox BJ8

                      Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
                      1
                      • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink

                        @Rob-Verhoeff @Bart-DM I am sure it is representative for the actual size of Mr. Cerne Abbas himself @Nick-Carthew 😏

                        Nick Carthew
                        Nick Carthew
                        Nick Carthew
                        RouteXpert
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #15

                        @Corjan-Meijerink 😀

                        Always willing to help if I can.
                        Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT called Tina.
                        MRA Navigation Next and SilverFox BJ8

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        1
                        • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink

                          @Rob-Verhoeff @Bart-DM I am sure it is representative for the actual size of Mr. Cerne Abbas himself @Nick-Carthew 😏

                          Bart De Medts
                          Bart De Medts
                          Bart De Medts
                          Alpha tester
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #16

                          @Corjan-Meijerink OMG 😱

                          🏍️ Tiger: DMD Nor7e + SilverFox controller
                          🏍️ Bobber: iPhone 15 Pro + Quad Lock mount
                          🚗 Car: iPhone 15 Pro with wireless Apple CarPlay

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink

                            @Rob-Verhoeff @Bart-DM I am sure it is representative for the actual size of Mr. Cerne Abbas himself @Nick-Carthew 😏

                            Con Hennekens
                            Con Hennekens
                            Con Hennekens
                            Alpha tester
                            wrote on last edited by
                            #17

                            @Corjan-Meijerink, Well, it's... big... but I doubt navigational instructions are needed... 🤣

                            @Rob-Verhoeff and @Bart-DM, I suppose you had to google that as well? 😉

                            I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                            Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                            Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            1
                            • Nick Carthew Nick Carthew

                              @Con-Hennekens I think that there is enough information available as we navigate now. We can already leave quite substantial notes in the route points which will soon be read to us with text to speech.

                              I don’t think the original post was concerning POIs.
                              I have no problems with seeing POIs and maybe we could write similar notes in those too. It has already be mentioned that any added URLs or phone numbers to notes could connect directly with a press.

                              Con Hennekens
                              Con Hennekens
                              Con Hennekens
                              Alpha tester
                              wrote on last edited by
                              #18

                              @Nick-Carthew said in Saving information for route planning:

                              I think that there is enough information available as we navigate now. We can already leave quite substantial notes in the route points which will soon be read to us with text to speech.

                              I know and that's awesome. But if I understand it correctly TS wants exactly that, but not with waypoints. Like a free standing point on the map that is unattached to the route itself. Which sounds like POI to me.

                              @Nick-Carthew said in Saving information for route planning:

                              I don’t think the original post was concerning POIs.

                              Well,

                              @Don-Stauffer said in Saving information for route planning:

                              I start collecting information about potential stops. These are usually towns or attractions in the area. We're looking for lunch mid-day, and food and lodging at night. Hopefully with a nice pub within walking distance of our hotel. This information is collected before choosing a particular road and setting a route.

                              Also this sounds like POI to me.
                              Or am I completely misinterpreting that post?

                              I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                              Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                              Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                              Dave J 0 1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

                                @Nick-Carthew said in Saving information for route planning:

                                I think that there is enough information available as we navigate now. We can already leave quite substantial notes in the route points which will soon be read to us with text to speech.

                                I know and that's awesome. But if I understand it correctly TS wants exactly that, but not with waypoints. Like a free standing point on the map that is unattached to the route itself. Which sounds like POI to me.

                                @Nick-Carthew said in Saving information for route planning:

                                I don’t think the original post was concerning POIs.

                                Well,

                                @Don-Stauffer said in Saving information for route planning:

                                I start collecting information about potential stops. These are usually towns or attractions in the area. We're looking for lunch mid-day, and food and lodging at night. Hopefully with a nice pub within walking distance of our hotel. This information is collected before choosing a particular road and setting a route.

                                Also this sounds like POI to me.
                                Or am I completely misinterpreting that post?

                                Dave J 0
                                Dave J 0
                                Dave J 0
                                Valued contributor
                                wrote on last edited by
                                #19

                                @Con-Hennekens To me, the notes would not be about a single point of interest but aspects to consider or be aware of at a location for planning. This may then yield several POIs from the notes and planning for navigation. As @Nick-Carthew said, some of the notes may then find there way into waypoint info notes. I want some information in waypoint notes but not the level that the original suggestion was making as this would be in a separate planning note on the map. That is how I understood it but happy to be corrected.

                                Kind Regards. Help where I can.
                                Ducati Multistrada V4 Rally
                                iPhone 15 Pro
                                CHIGEE AIO-6 LTE
                                Google Pixel 6 Pro - mounted on SP Connect Plus
                                Ex Garmin XT2 and XT1 as well as Ex TomTom Rider User

                                Don Stauffer 1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • Dave J 0 Dave J 0

                                  @Con-Hennekens To me, the notes would not be about a single point of interest but aspects to consider or be aware of at a location for planning. This may then yield several POIs from the notes and planning for navigation. As @Nick-Carthew said, some of the notes may then find there way into waypoint info notes. I want some information in waypoint notes but not the level that the original suggestion was making as this would be in a separate planning note on the map. That is how I understood it but happy to be corrected.

                                  Don Stauffer
                                  Don Stauffer
                                  Don Stauffer
                                  wrote on last edited by Don Stauffer
                                  #20

                                  @Dave-J-0 Thanks for the comments. I think most understand the intent of making notes early in the planning process. These notes are mostly potential spots for lunch, fuel and nightly lodging. The best roads are not much fun if you are running out of daylight in the mountains looking for a place to spend the night.

                                  Even if not initially routed, these locations (call them POI's) can come in very useful if there is a change in plans due to weather or mechanical issues. It also gives a database for future trips in the area. We always try to capture our thought about especially good or bad experiences.

                                  I'm very curious to know how others build their routes. I rely a lot on paper maps, many indicate 'scenic' routes. We always look for the twisty lines. I also search for rider notes from various forums, including BMW and ADV sites. We use a Garmin Zumo and helmet coms, which gives me some help navigating while I focus on the road and traffic.

                                  I am in a good position, my wife and I are both retired, and enjoy traveling the open road. We started an anniversary tradition a few years back of spending 1-2 weeks on a long-distance getaway. Facing a 10 day trip makes planning much more important than it was when I was single, when I would just grab a map and lash a tent and sleeping bag to the bike.

                                  Thanks to all!

                                  Lynchy67 1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • Don Stauffer Don Stauffer

                                    @Dave-J-0 Thanks for the comments. I think most understand the intent of making notes early in the planning process. These notes are mostly potential spots for lunch, fuel and nightly lodging. The best roads are not much fun if you are running out of daylight in the mountains looking for a place to spend the night.

                                    Even if not initially routed, these locations (call them POI's) can come in very useful if there is a change in plans due to weather or mechanical issues. It also gives a database for future trips in the area. We always try to capture our thought about especially good or bad experiences.

                                    I'm very curious to know how others build their routes. I rely a lot on paper maps, many indicate 'scenic' routes. We always look for the twisty lines. I also search for rider notes from various forums, including BMW and ADV sites. We use a Garmin Zumo and helmet coms, which gives me some help navigating while I focus on the road and traffic.

                                    I am in a good position, my wife and I are both retired, and enjoy traveling the open road. We started an anniversary tradition a few years back of spending 1-2 weeks on a long-distance getaway. Facing a 10 day trip makes planning much more important than it was when I was single, when I would just grab a map and lash a tent and sleeping bag to the bike.

                                    Thanks to all!

                                    Lynchy67
                                    Lynchy67
                                    Lynchy67
                                    Valued contributor
                                    wrote on last edited by
                                    #21

                                    @Don-Stauffer said in Saving information for route planning:

                                    I'm very curious to know how others build their routes.

                                    My personal preference is to use the street view within the MRA Planner.
                                    My preference for road types is those narrow country lanes with the grass in the middle. 😊

                                    Snapshot 30-08-2023 19:05.jpeg

                                    You don’t stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    2
                                    • Don Stauffer
                                      Don Stauffer
                                      Don Stauffer
                                      wrote on last edited by
                                      #22

                                      Agree, I use 'street view' often, especially when there is a question regarding the type or or condition of a road.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • Hans van de Ven MR.MRA Hans van de Ven MR.MRA

                                        @Don-Stauffer
                                        In the formation/via points this is indeed the only option to save this. You can put 512 characters in the note. We are currently working on a TextToSpeech option to speak it out.

                                        Of course you can do the planning as you write it in the planner, and make it visible with POIs and then indicate in the training / via points what you want to achieve.

                                        Don Stauffer
                                        Don Stauffer
                                        Don Stauffer
                                        wrote on last edited by
                                        #23

                                        @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master I am currently routing our next trip. I think being able to save text and hyperlinks to a user-created POI would be a great feature. In external notes, I have now collected contact info on hotels and restaurants for each night along our 12 day route, including cost for lodging. I have included many alternatives that are not considered top choice.

                                        I do have POIs created for the hotels. I just need to be able to add the text. This would be useful in planning new trips as well, using a custom POI library.

                                        For me, the biggest issue with user POIs at this time is that I cannot control which points are shown on the routing map. I would like to be able to hide places that I are not the top choice. Being able to change visibility from the POI menu would be perfect.

                                        These are the POIs that I have created for possible lodging on one particular night. It's much easier to do it ahead of time than it is on the bike!

                                        MRA waypoints.jpg

                                        Typical info for one hotel POI that I have created:

                                        "Montpelier, VT 6 hrs 37 min
                                        The Inn at Montpelier
                                        147 Main Street, Montpelier, VT $200ish per night
                                        https://www.innatmontpelier.com/
                                        Walking distance:
                                        Three penny Taproom, Bent Nails Bistro"

                                        Thanks for your consideration!

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0

                                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                        Register Login
                                        Reply
                                        • Reply as topic
                                        Log in to reply
                                        • Oldest to Newest
                                        • Newest to Oldest
                                        • Most Votes


                                        • 1
                                        • 2
                                        ACTIVE USERS
                                        Rob Verhoeff
                                        Rob Verhoeff
                                        Nick Carthew
                                        Nick Carthew
                                        Con Hennekens
                                        Con Hennekens
                                        Corjan Meijerink
                                        Corjan Meijerink
                                        Dave J 0
                                        Dave J 0
                                        Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
                                        Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
                                        Don Stauffer
                                        Don Stauffer
                                        Bart De Medts
                                        Bart De Medts
                                        TorqueRider
                                        TorqueRider
                                        Lynchy67
                                        Lynchy67
                                        POPULAR TOPICS
                                        • Vergrendel scherm zet alles op z'n kop
                                          Rob Verhoeff
                                          Rob Verhoeff
                                          0
                                          6
                                          75

                                        • Drive restriction for vehicle
                                          Con Hennekens
                                          Con Hennekens
                                          0
                                          17
                                          144

                                        • Hallo, wéér een nieuwe gebruiker !
                                          BertM
                                          BertM
                                          0
                                          4
                                          106

                                        • No tracklog on Android phone
                                          Nick Carthew
                                          Nick Carthew
                                          0
                                          4
                                          79

                                        • The "Route as Track" function is no longer working.
                                          Con Hennekens
                                          Con Hennekens
                                          0
                                          6
                                          222

                                        • Forum Discussions - Filter Languages
                                          Jörg Neudert
                                          Jörg Neudert
                                          1
                                          6
                                          207

                                        • MRA Shop für Merchandise geschlossen ?
                                          Adrian Avram
                                          Adrian Avram
                                          0
                                          5
                                          702

                                        • [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                                          Hubert Thoring
                                          Hubert Thoring
                                          9
                                          98
                                          4.8k

                                        MY GROUPS
                                        • Login

                                        • Login or register to search.
                                        • First post
                                          Last post
                                        0
                                        • Categories
                                        • Recent
                                        • Popular
                                        • Support
                                        • MyRoute-app