Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. The MyRoute-app
  3. [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
  4. GPX route transfer to Zumo XT not working

GPX route transfer to Zumo XT not working

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
27 Posts 6 Posters 14.1k Views 2 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Don Stauffer Don Stauffer

    @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master Since I had nothing else indicated, I deleted and re-installed the MRA app on my phone. No change, Zumo reports 'failed to import new trips'.

    I opened the MRA site from the web browser on the phone, opened last route, dowloaded, open with Garmin Drive. Same result, tracks were imported, route was not.

    I switched to my Samsung tablet. I opened the Drive app, connected to the Zumo. I used the browser to open the MRA site, logged in to my account. I opened 'last route', saved it, opened with the Drive app. Selected 'send to Zumo'. Zumo reports tracks added, failed to import new trips.

    Not sure where to go from here.

    HABVEN aka MrMRA
    HABVEN aka MrMRA
    HABVEN aka MrMRA
    Valued contributor
    wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @Don-Stauffer

    When you go to trips on the XT and choose import via the menu?

    BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
    Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

    Don Stauffer 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

      @Don-Stauffer

      When you go to trips on the XT and choose import via the menu?

      Don Stauffer
      Don Stauffer
      Don Stauffer
      wrote on last edited by
      #18

      @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master The new route does not appear on the list in the 'Trip Planner' on the XT. I see previous routes that I have transferred, but I think the process is failing before that point.

      I'm getting the same failure using two different devices. The same version of the Drive app works for others. Opening the file using the App or the website (is there a difference?) produces the same error. A hard-wire (USB) transfer does work from my Desktop using the MRA website and Connector app. Tracks do transfer properly.

      The only thing I can think of is a hard reset of the Zumo. The software reports as up to date. I can re-import my saved locations using the Garmin Explore website, so it will not be too inconvenient.

      Thanks!

      HABVEN aka MrMRA 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Don Stauffer Don Stauffer

        @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master The new route does not appear on the list in the 'Trip Planner' on the XT. I see previous routes that I have transferred, but I think the process is failing before that point.

        I'm getting the same failure using two different devices. The same version of the Drive app works for others. Opening the file using the App or the website (is there a difference?) produces the same error. A hard-wire (USB) transfer does work from my Desktop using the MRA website and Connector app. Tracks do transfer properly.

        The only thing I can think of is a hard reset of the Zumo. The software reports as up to date. I can re-import my saved locations using the Garmin Explore website, so it will not be too inconvenient.

        Thanks!

        HABVEN aka MrMRA
        HABVEN aka MrMRA
        HABVEN aka MrMRA
        Valued contributor
        wrote on last edited by
        #19

        @Don-Stauffer

        Can you share the url of the route? Make sure it is set public

        BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
        Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

        Don Stauffer 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

          @Don-Stauffer

          Can you share the url of the route? Make sure it is set public

          Don Stauffer
          Don Stauffer
          Don Stauffer
          wrote on last edited by
          #20

          @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master Certainly.
          https://www.myrouteapp.com/en/social/route/7863171?mode=share

          Thanks for your time and attention!

          HABVEN aka MrMRA 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • Don Stauffer Don Stauffer

            @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master Certainly.
            https://www.myrouteapp.com/en/social/route/7863171?mode=share

            Thanks for your time and attention!

            HABVEN aka MrMRA
            HABVEN aka MrMRA
            HABVEN aka MrMRA
            Valued contributor
            wrote on last edited by
            #21

            @Don-Stauffer

            Hi Don,

            Always place the waypoints on the route line.
            See also points 6 and 10
            Then try again
            332965df-2092-491f-8d38-07b0f181c2c7-image.png

            BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
            Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

            Don Stauffer 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

              @Don-Stauffer

              Hi Don,

              Always place the waypoints on the route line.
              See also points 6 and 10
              Then try again
              332965df-2092-491f-8d38-07b0f181c2c7-image.png

              Don Stauffer
              Don Stauffer
              Don Stauffer
              wrote on last edited by
              #22

              @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master Route has been updated, the start and finish were based on actual street addresses, but I moved them to an on-street location. I fixed the other off-route waypoint as well.

              But still no change in the transfer to the Zumo, the track imported, but the route failed.

              HABVEN aka MrMRA 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Don Stauffer Don Stauffer

                @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master Route has been updated, the start and finish were based on actual street addresses, but I moved them to an on-street location. I fixed the other off-route waypoint as well.

                But still no change in the transfer to the Zumo, the track imported, but the route failed.

                HABVEN aka MrMRA
                HABVEN aka MrMRA
                HABVEN aka MrMRA
                Valued contributor
                wrote on last edited by
                #23

                @Don-Stauffer

                mmm, strange.
                Have you linked Garmin Explore in the app?
                Yes, then uninstall the App, reinstall it and skip the Garmin Explore step.
                If it still doesn't work, then reset the XT to factory settings.

                BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
                Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

                Don Stauffer 2 Replies Last reply
                0
                • paul69
                  paul69
                  paul69
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #24

                  hi @Don-Stauffer

                  I had a similar issue a while back.

                  try this ir worked for me. Uninstall the drive app from you device.

                  after you reinstall the drive app, and start to go through the process, when you get to the page that asks about installing explore click "maybe later"

                  this works for me

                  to achieve, we must first attempt ✌️
                  K1600 GTL
                  Oukitel RT3
                  iPhone 13 Pro, carpuride 702b

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

                    @Don-Stauffer

                    mmm, strange.
                    Have you linked Garmin Explore in the app?
                    Yes, then uninstall the App, reinstall it and skip the Garmin Explore step.
                    If it still doesn't work, then reset the XT to factory settings.

                    Don Stauffer
                    Don Stauffer
                    Don Stauffer
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #25

                    @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master Interesting. I uninstalled Explore and Drive. I restarted the phone just on general principles. I then re-installed Drive, logged in using my Garmin account username and password.

                    During the re-install, I was not prompted to install Explore. I do not see that it automatically loaded without asking.

                    Anyway, the end result was the same, tracks transferred, route failed. I repeated the same test with my Samsung tablet, which did have Explore installed. With the same result.

                    For testing, I have been using the route I shared, but the transfer has been failing with every route I have tried in the past couple of months.

                    Thanks to all for suggestions, I'll reset the Garmin Zumo as a next step.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

                      @Don-Stauffer

                      mmm, strange.
                      Have you linked Garmin Explore in the app?
                      Yes, then uninstall the App, reinstall it and skip the Garmin Explore step.
                      If it still doesn't work, then reset the XT to factory settings.

                      Don Stauffer
                      Don Stauffer
                      Don Stauffer
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #26

                      @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master Success! I reset the Zumo to factory default settings and cleared all user data. The Route and Track info are now downloading to the Zumo as before using the Garmin Drive app.

                      I re-installed Explore on the phone as a test, and it did not affect my ability to download routes.

                      Many thanks to Hans, and to all who helped me resolve this issue. User support is a great benefit to using MyRoute-App!

                      Best Regards;

                      Don Stauffer

                      HABVEN aka MrMRA 1 Reply Last reply
                      1
                      • Don Stauffer Don Stauffer

                        @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master Success! I reset the Zumo to factory default settings and cleared all user data. The Route and Track info are now downloading to the Zumo as before using the Garmin Drive app.

                        I re-installed Explore on the phone as a test, and it did not affect my ability to download routes.

                        Many thanks to Hans, and to all who helped me resolve this issue. User support is a great benefit to using MyRoute-App!

                        Best Regards;

                        Don Stauffer

                        HABVEN aka MrMRA
                        HABVEN aka MrMRA
                        HABVEN aka MrMRA
                        Valued contributor
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #27

                        @Don-Stauffer

                        Good to hear that it is solved.
                        I will close this topic now.

                        BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
                        Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA locked this topic on

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        Reply
                        • Reply as topic
                        Log in to reply
                        • Oldest to Newest
                        • Newest to Oldest
                        • Most Votes


                        • 1
                        • 2
                        ACTIVE USERS
                        Con Hennekens
                        Con Hennekens
                        HABVEN aka MrMRA
                        HABVEN aka MrMRA
                        Marinus van Deudekom
                        Marinus van Deudekom
                        MTC-Zeilberg
                        MTC-Zeilberg
                        Don Stauffer
                        Don Stauffer
                        paul69
                        paul69
                        POPULAR TOPICS
                        • Strange translation
                          Stefan Hummelink
                          Stefan Hummelink
                          0
                          12
                          22

                        • Add delete route button to library
                          Jörgen
                          Jörgen
                          0
                          8
                          17

                        • Crazy routing
                          Hubert Thoring
                          Hubert Thoring
                          0
                          7
                          24

                        • Compatibility and synchronization of the "old" database with the new beta
                          b0hd1
                          b0hd1
                          1
                          5
                          16

                        • Where is the "Routes" option?
                          LennyO
                          LennyO
                          0
                          5
                          25

                        • google street view volledige boord zichtbaar maken.
                          Corjan Meijerink
                          Corjan Meijerink
                          0
                          4
                          84

                        • Foutmelding In MRA Next
                          Rob Verhoeff
                          Rob Verhoeff
                          0
                          4
                          21

                        • Kort voorstellen
                          a white mouse on the motorbike
                          a white mouse on the motorbike
                          2
                          4
                          119

                        MY GROUPS
                        • Login

                        • Login or register to search.
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        0
                        • Categories
                        • Recent
                        • Popular
                        • Support
                        • MyRoute-app