Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. General Discussion
  3. Make a long trip…

Make a long trip…

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved General Discussion
11 Posts 3 Posters 1.6k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Nikolaos I.Paschalis
    Nikolaos I.Paschalis
    Nikolaos I.Paschalis
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Hello all
    My name is Nikos and I live in Greece.
    With my friend we are planning a long trip from main Greece to the central Turkey and Kapadoccia.
    As I am new to my-route what is the best way to prepare my journey day by day and upload it to my Garmin XT?

    Thanks

    TorqueRider Drabslab 2 Replies Last reply
    0
    • Nikolaos I.Paschalis Nikolaos I.Paschalis

      Hello all
      My name is Nikos and I live in Greece.
      With my friend we are planning a long trip from main Greece to the central Turkey and Kapadoccia.
      As I am new to my-route what is the best way to prepare my journey day by day and upload it to my Garmin XT?

      Thanks

      TorqueRider
      TorqueRider
      TorqueRider
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @Nikolaos-I-Paschalis

      The short answer is:
      Make the entire route in one go and put points at the places where you will stop/overnight.
      Then go to the "Toolkit" and cut the route into pieces with the 'Split' function.
      The longer answer:
      Please go to the Support page and search through the knowledge articles there.
      In any case, help from the forum is always close at hand.

      1 Reply Last reply
      1
      • Nikolaos I.Paschalis Nikolaos I.Paschalis

        Hello all
        My name is Nikos and I live in Greece.
        With my friend we are planning a long trip from main Greece to the central Turkey and Kapadoccia.
        As I am new to my-route what is the best way to prepare my journey day by day and upload it to my Garmin XT?

        Thanks

        Drabslab
        Drabslab
        Drabslab
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @Nikolaos-I-Paschalis

        This may interest you

        https://forum.myrouteapp.com/topic/262/one-map-for-ten-days-vs-ten-days-individual-maps/10?_=1660654636543

        It is not difficult, it is easy, it's a hobby

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • Nikolaos I.Paschalis
          Nikolaos I.Paschalis
          Nikolaos I.Paschalis
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Thanks for the replies but I get this message that I can not get rid of.
          And the is no direction in the sea...
          The route starts from Alexandroupolis (GR) to Canacale (TR) on the first day ...
          Tried multiple settings...

          Screenshot 2022-08-16 173820.jpg

          Drabslab 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • Nikolaos I.Paschalis Nikolaos I.Paschalis

            Thanks for the replies but I get this message that I can not get rid of.
            And the is no direction in the sea...
            The route starts from Alexandroupolis (GR) to Canacale (TR) on the first day ...
            Tried multiple settings...

            Screenshot 2022-08-16 173820.jpg

            Drabslab
            Drabslab
            Drabslab
            wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @Nikolaos-I-Paschalis Maybe it is because Canacale does not exist?

            try: Çanakkale

            It is not difficult, it is easy, it's a hobby

            Nikolaos I.Paschalis 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Drabslab Drabslab

              @Nikolaos-I-Paschalis Maybe it is because Canacale does not exist?

              try: Çanakkale

              Nikolaos I.Paschalis
              Nikolaos I.Paschalis
              Nikolaos I.Paschalis
              wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @Drabslab
              I am adding as a specific waypoint on that city but still the same

              TorqueRider 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Nikolaos I.Paschalis Nikolaos I.Paschalis

                @Drabslab
                I am adding as a specific waypoint on that city but still the same

                TorqueRider
                TorqueRider
                TorqueRider
                wrote on last edited by TorqueRider
                #7

                @Nikolaos-I-Paschalis

                Most likely @Drabslab is right!
                please check that all your route and waypoints are placed correctly.
                So on the road and on the right side of the road.
                If you can't figure it out, post a link to the route here on the forum. Make sure that the privacy setting is 'Public'.

                Nikolaos I.Paschalis 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • TorqueRider TorqueRider

                  @Nikolaos-I-Paschalis

                  Most likely @Drabslab is right!
                  please check that all your route and waypoints are placed correctly.
                  So on the road and on the right side of the road.
                  If you can't figure it out, post a link to the route here on the forum. Make sure that the privacy setting is 'Public'.

                  Nikolaos I.Paschalis
                  Nikolaos I.Paschalis
                  Nikolaos I.Paschalis
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @Jack-van-Tilburg Ok thanks
                  I will try to make it from the start

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • Nikolaos I.Paschalis
                    Nikolaos I.Paschalis
                    Nikolaos I.Paschalis
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    It looks like it has to do with open street map.
                    When I changed to HERE, it worked fine.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • Nikolaos I.Paschalis
                      Nikolaos I.Paschalis
                      Nikolaos I.Paschalis
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      ...and one question, please ...
                      is it better to start the route in google map and then upload it to MRA or straight in MRA ?

                      TorqueRider 1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • Nikolaos I.Paschalis Nikolaos I.Paschalis

                        ...and one question, please ...
                        is it better to start the route in google map and then upload it to MRA or straight in MRA ?

                        TorqueRider
                        TorqueRider
                        TorqueRider
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @Nikolaos-I-Paschalis

                        Just start in MRA.
                        And depending on your brand of navigator, you can choose to create the route with the Here, TomTom or OpenStreet Map.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        Reply
                        • Reply as topic
                        Log in to reply
                        • Oldest to Newest
                        • Newest to Oldest
                        • Most Votes


                        ACTIVE USERS
                        Drabslab
                        Drabslab
                        TorqueRider
                        TorqueRider
                        Nikolaos I.Paschalis
                        Nikolaos I.Paschalis
                        POPULAR TOPICS
                        • [NL] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                          superg
                          superg
                          5
                          97
                          2.6k

                        • [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                          Con Hennekens
                          Con Hennekens
                          9
                          94
                          2.6k

                        • Seizoensafsluitingen
                          Travellexxie
                          Travellexxie
                          0
                          5
                          84

                        • Elektrisch voertuig
                          Arno van Lochem - Senior RX
                          Arno van Lochem - Senior RX
                          0
                          23
                          816

                        • Eerste keer MRA met Android auto, een wat mindere ervaring
                          AWDC LAO
                          AWDC LAO
                          0
                          5
                          97

                        • Altitude numbers size
                          Lluis Arasanz
                          Lluis Arasanz
                          0
                          5
                          131

                        • 5 dagen Harz.. 2 problemen met AA
                          Travellexxie
                          Travellexxie
                          0
                          5
                          189

                        • Verkeersbewuste routeberekening…..
                          M. Schrijver
                          M. Schrijver
                          1
                          14
                          2.4k

                        MY GROUPS
                        • Login

                        • Login or register to search.
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        0
                        • Categories
                        • Recent
                        • Popular
                        • Support
                        • MyRoute-app