Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. MyRoute-app Routeplanner
  3. [Web] Suggestions and Discussion
  4. How to plan correctly

How to plan correctly

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [Web] Suggestions and Discussion
2 Posts 2 Posters 32 Views 2 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Christian Feurstein
    Christian Feurstein
    Christian Feurstein
    wrote last edited by
    #1

    I have a question regarding route planning and travel times.
    Recently, I planned a motorcycle day trip using the MRA Web Planner (with the HERE map archetype). The planner estimated a total travel time of 7 hours. However, when I started my trip in the morning and loaded the route into the MRA Navigation Next app, the display showed a travel time of 8 hours right from the start.
    I am trying to understand where this 1-hour difference comes from.

    • Is this discrepancy purely due to live traffic conditions being factored into the navigation app but not the planner?

    • Does the navigation app calculate different average speeds for motorcycles compared to the web planner?
      What settings or steps do I need to adjust in the MRA Web Planner to ensure that the estimated travel time matches the navigation app as closely as possible before I head out?

    Marinus van Deudekom 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • Christian Feurstein Christian Feurstein

      I have a question regarding route planning and travel times.
      Recently, I planned a motorcycle day trip using the MRA Web Planner (with the HERE map archetype). The planner estimated a total travel time of 7 hours. However, when I started my trip in the morning and loaded the route into the MRA Navigation Next app, the display showed a travel time of 8 hours right from the start.
      I am trying to understand where this 1-hour difference comes from.

      • Is this discrepancy purely due to live traffic conditions being factored into the navigation app but not the planner?

      • Does the navigation app calculate different average speeds for motorcycles compared to the web planner?
        What settings or steps do I need to adjust in the MRA Web Planner to ensure that the estimated travel time matches the navigation app as closely as possible before I head out?

      Marinus van Deudekom
      Marinus van Deudekom
      Marinus van Deudekom
      RouteXpert
      wrote last edited by
      #2

      @Christian-Feurstein in the web planner stops etc are included in the total time. In the app nog

      Honda Goldwing GL1500,
      Honda Silverwing GL 650
      DMD2 T865X 8 inch Android tablet using MRA next for navigation
      Garmin XT sold
      Samsung S24FE mounted on a Quadlock and using Android Auto in my car

      1 Reply Last reply
      0

      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

      Register Login
      Reply
      • Reply as topic
      Log in to reply
      • Oldest to Newest
      • Newest to Oldest
      • Most Votes


      ACTIVE USERS
      Marinus van Deudekom
      Marinus van Deudekom
      Christian Feurstein
      Christian Feurstein
      POPULAR TOPICS
      • Upgrading from Zumo XT to XT2
        Con Hennekens
        Con Hennekens
        0
        46
        3.6k

      • Drive restriction for vehicle
        Robineke
        Robineke
        0
        28
        217

      • No tracklog on Android phone
        Con Hennekens
        Con Hennekens
        0
        11
        253

      • Overlay Routes like the App does and waypoints without routes
        Rob Kelley
        Rob Kelley
        0
        3
        54

      • How to import gpx - via Route or Route-Track?
        Con Hennekens
        Con Hennekens
        0
        2
        69

      • How to plan correctly
        Marinus van Deudekom
        Marinus van Deudekom
        0
        2
        32

      • Brittany routes
        Tony 13
        Tony 13
        0
        2
        61

      • still no (Beta) Update 6.0.0 -514
        Stanisław
        Stanisław
        0
        2
        40

      MY GROUPS
      • Login

      • Login or register to search.
      • First post
        Last post
      0
      • Categories
      • Recent
      • Popular
      • Support
      • MyRoute-app