Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. Announcements
  3. [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)

[EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Announcements
114 Posts 41 Posters 10.6k Views 25 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • CD130 CD130

    @LE-DIZES-Freddy It’s very simple: all the information is available here: https://beta.myrouteapp.com

    Tom Grzelinski
    Tom Grzelinski
    Tom Grzelinski
    wrote last edited by
    #104

    @CD130 Sorry CD, didn't see you'd already replied!

    Porsche 911 and VW Transporter T6.1 running CarPlay.
    iPhone 17 Pro running Waze and MRA.
    MRA Routeplanner on web via Mac

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • Tom Grzelinski Tom Grzelinski

      @LE-DIZES-Freddy Hi Freddy, the top of the Beta webpage says:

      "Beta Access goes on sale on 26 October 2026, and the beta opens on 2 November 2026 for everyone who has it."

      So unless you have some special arrangement, we all have to wait until the 26th, choose our option:

      https://beta.myrouteapp.com/#tiers

      And then wait until 2nd November for access.

      Cheers, Tom

      LE DIZES Freddy
      LE DIZES Freddy
      LE DIZES Freddy
      wrote last edited by
      #105

      @Tom-Grzelinski ok i wait like you Thanks

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Tim 57 0
        Tim 57 0
        Tim 57 0
        wrote last edited by
        #106

        Hi everyone, dear MRA developer team,

        reply from a potential new user/lifetime member.

        I tested MRA in my Honda with Android Auto a few days ago and actually intended to sign up for a Lifetime Gold and App Next subscription today.

        After battling my way through the slightly confusing basic/silver/gold/appnext comparison page, I was ready to purchase the lifetime subscription. While looking for it, I stumbled upon this post.

        To be completely honest, I am thoroughly put off and confused, and I’ve put my decision to buy on hold for now.

        When I purchase a lifetime license, I expect to receive a lifetime subscription.

        I own several such subscriptions for both professional and personal use, and I appreciate being able to test new features and gain early access as a beta user.

        From what I’m reading here, however, that doesn't seem to be the case with MRA. Furthermore, I have to assume—based on what’s written here—that there could always be new versions or features that are no longer included in the lifetime sub.

        In my view, that is very disappointing and defeats the whole purpose of a lifelong commitment to a piece of software or a company. Besides that, the communication what's in and what's not, what will be in and not is totally confusing.

        It’s a real shame and is deterring me from buying—especially since I was very pleasantly surprised after the trial.

        Rob Verhoeff 1 Reply Last reply
        1
        • Tim 57 0 Tim 57 0

          Hi everyone, dear MRA developer team,

          reply from a potential new user/lifetime member.

          I tested MRA in my Honda with Android Auto a few days ago and actually intended to sign up for a Lifetime Gold and App Next subscription today.

          After battling my way through the slightly confusing basic/silver/gold/appnext comparison page, I was ready to purchase the lifetime subscription. While looking for it, I stumbled upon this post.

          To be completely honest, I am thoroughly put off and confused, and I’ve put my decision to buy on hold for now.

          When I purchase a lifetime license, I expect to receive a lifetime subscription.

          I own several such subscriptions for both professional and personal use, and I appreciate being able to test new features and gain early access as a beta user.

          From what I’m reading here, however, that doesn't seem to be the case with MRA. Furthermore, I have to assume—based on what’s written here—that there could always be new versions or features that are no longer included in the lifetime sub.

          In my view, that is very disappointing and defeats the whole purpose of a lifelong commitment to a piece of software or a company. Besides that, the communication what's in and what's not, what will be in and not is totally confusing.

          It’s a real shame and is deterring me from buying—especially since I was very pleasantly surprised after the trial.

          Rob Verhoeff
          Rob Verhoeff
          Rob Verhoeff
          Alpha tester
          wrote last edited by
          #107

          @Tim-57-0 After Corjan’s input, I was genuinely convinced that there were no loose ends left. That’s why I’m surprised that people keep thinking they’re going to lose functionality once the new web planner launches!

          NO, YOU WON’T!!

          Everything included in the Lifetime package will also be available when the new web planner launches. How many times does this still need to be explained?

          🏍️ BMW K1600GT-P (2013) | Nolan N100-5 with Sena 30K
          📱 iOS on iPhone 13 & 16 (mounted on Quadlock or AliExpress extention on BMW-cradle)
          🚙 Apple CarPlay in VW T-Roc
          💻 Routelab on MacBook Air & iMac (Golden Gate & Ventura)

          martin-phogel.de 1 Reply Last reply
          3
          • David Rudgley
            David Rudgley
            David Rudgley
            wrote last edited by
            #108

            I suspect the main concern is that customers who purchased the Gold Lifetime package believed they were entitled to all future updates and additional functionality for the lifetime of the product.
            If that is the case, how were those expectations managed at the point of sale? Was it made clear that "Lifetime" referred only to the functionality available at the time of purchase, and that future premium features could be excluded? If so, then any misunderstanding may simply stem from customers interpreting the offer differently.
            My view is that the business has recognised that the Lifetime model will eventually reach a saturation point, where revenue from new Lifetime purchases begins to decline. At that stage, relying solely on Lifetime sales is unlikely to generate sufficient income to support ongoing development, maintenance, and future innovation.
            I completely understand why the business has chosen to introduce a new commercial model. However, I can also appreciate why customers who previously purchased Lifetime access may feel differently, particularly if they believed their purchase included access to all future functionalities. Ultimately, much depends on how those expectations were originally set and communicated.

            MRA Gold Planner + App + Navigation Next user
            Android Pixel 9 Pro XL
            TomTomGo as backup

            KTM 1290 Super Adventure S
            Quad Lock + Phone +Carpuride W702

            KTM 790 Duke
            Quad Lock + Phone

            1 Reply Last reply
            1
            • Rob Verhoeff Rob Verhoeff

              @Tim-57-0 After Corjan’s input, I was genuinely convinced that there were no loose ends left. That’s why I’m surprised that people keep thinking they’re going to lose functionality once the new web planner launches!

              NO, YOU WON’T!!

              Everything included in the Lifetime package will also be available when the new web planner launches. How many times does this still need to be explained?

              martin-phogel.de
              martin-phogel.de
              martin-phogel.de
              wrote last edited by martin-phogel.de
              #109

              @Rob-Verhoeff sagte:

              How many times does this still need to be explained?

              This isn't about losing functionality in terms of the features currently available. That's certainly the bare minimum one can expect from a lifetime license.

              The issue is that the term “lifetime license” is being redefined. If you look at the FAQ and combine the terms “Gold,” “Lifetime,” and “Unlimited,” you inevitably conclude this means unlimited access to all current and future features, like a lifetime subscription to the highest available tier (”Gold”, in this case). That’s not unusual at all.

              IMG_2781 (1).jpeg

              With the new model, however, the only clear thing is what new features you won’t get with the upcoming update without paying extra.

              What the lifetime license will include in the future, on the other hand, is completely unclear. Will it include everything that’s also included in a Gold subscription? Or just a part of it? Or at least bug fixes for existing features? Some features you’ll get, some only with an additional fee. And some maybe not at all?

              Sorry, but it’s simply not true that “everything is clear”, even with all these explanations.

              Rob Verhoeff Nick Carthew 2 Replies Last reply
              0
              • martin-phogel.de martin-phogel.de

                @Rob-Verhoeff sagte:

                How many times does this still need to be explained?

                This isn't about losing functionality in terms of the features currently available. That's certainly the bare minimum one can expect from a lifetime license.

                The issue is that the term “lifetime license” is being redefined. If you look at the FAQ and combine the terms “Gold,” “Lifetime,” and “Unlimited,” you inevitably conclude this means unlimited access to all current and future features, like a lifetime subscription to the highest available tier (”Gold”, in this case). That’s not unusual at all.

                IMG_2781 (1).jpeg

                With the new model, however, the only clear thing is what new features you won’t get with the upcoming update without paying extra.

                What the lifetime license will include in the future, on the other hand, is completely unclear. Will it include everything that’s also included in a Gold subscription? Or just a part of it? Or at least bug fixes for existing features? Some features you’ll get, some only with an additional fee. And some maybe not at all?

                Sorry, but it’s simply not true that “everything is clear”, even with all these explanations.

                Rob Verhoeff
                Rob Verhoeff
                Rob Verhoeff
                Alpha tester
                wrote last edited by
                #110

                @martin-phogel.de If that’s how you see it, then all I can advise you to do is simply wait until the new website is released to all users!

                🏍️ BMW K1600GT-P (2013) | Nolan N100-5 with Sena 30K
                📱 iOS on iPhone 13 & 16 (mounted on Quadlock or AliExpress extention on BMW-cradle)
                🚙 Apple CarPlay in VW T-Roc
                💻 Routelab on MacBook Air & iMac (Golden Gate & Ventura)

                1 Reply Last reply
                1
                • martin-phogel.de martin-phogel.de

                  @Rob-Verhoeff sagte:

                  How many times does this still need to be explained?

                  This isn't about losing functionality in terms of the features currently available. That's certainly the bare minimum one can expect from a lifetime license.

                  The issue is that the term “lifetime license” is being redefined. If you look at the FAQ and combine the terms “Gold,” “Lifetime,” and “Unlimited,” you inevitably conclude this means unlimited access to all current and future features, like a lifetime subscription to the highest available tier (”Gold”, in this case). That’s not unusual at all.

                  IMG_2781 (1).jpeg

                  With the new model, however, the only clear thing is what new features you won’t get with the upcoming update without paying extra.

                  What the lifetime license will include in the future, on the other hand, is completely unclear. Will it include everything that’s also included in a Gold subscription? Or just a part of it? Or at least bug fixes for existing features? Some features you’ll get, some only with an additional fee. And some maybe not at all?

                  Sorry, but it’s simply not true that “everything is clear”, even with all these explanations.

                  Nick Carthew
                  Nick Carthew
                  Nick Carthew
                  RouteXpert
                  wrote last edited by
                  #111

                  @martin-phogel.de So as to balance your argument I feel I need to correct your statement. Nowhere in the FAQs does it state that future features would be included, this is just your conclusion. You also failed to include all of the sentence when you mentioned the word unlimited, so here it is: Lifetime: "Pay once to get unlimited access to the purchased product. The important part of this sentence is purchased product. The product that you have purchased is Lifetime Gold and when the new website is launched you will still have unlimited access to the Gold features for your lifetime without having to pay anything extra.

                  Always willing to help if I can.
                  Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT called Tina.
                  MRA Navigation Next and SilverFox BJ8

                  martin-phogel.de 1 Reply Last reply
                  1
                  • Nick Carthew Nick Carthew

                    @martin-phogel.de So as to balance your argument I feel I need to correct your statement. Nowhere in the FAQs does it state that future features would be included, this is just your conclusion. You also failed to include all of the sentence when you mentioned the word unlimited, so here it is: Lifetime: "Pay once to get unlimited access to the purchased product. The important part of this sentence is purchased product. The product that you have purchased is Lifetime Gold and when the new website is launched you will still have unlimited access to the Gold features for your lifetime without having to pay anything extra.

                    martin-phogel.de
                    martin-phogel.de
                    martin-phogel.de
                    wrote last edited by
                    #112

                    Sorry, @Nick-Carthew , I don't agree with that.

                    According to the FAQ, there are three subscription models: monthly, annual, and lifetime.

                    If I sign up for an annual “Gold” subscription, I expect to have access to all the features that are implemented during that year—not just the features that were available at the start of my subscription. Do you agree?

                    And if I sign up for a lifetime subscription, to me that’s like my annual subscription renewing itself over and over again. And “product” simply refers to the distinction between “Planner” and “Navigation (Next).”

                    That’s how I understand it, that's how I know it from all other “lifetime license” arrangements.

                    Con Hennekens martin-phogel.de 2 Replies Last reply
                    2
                    • martin-phogel.de martin-phogel.de

                      Sorry, @Nick-Carthew , I don't agree with that.

                      According to the FAQ, there are three subscription models: monthly, annual, and lifetime.

                      If I sign up for an annual “Gold” subscription, I expect to have access to all the features that are implemented during that year—not just the features that were available at the start of my subscription. Do you agree?

                      And if I sign up for a lifetime subscription, to me that’s like my annual subscription renewing itself over and over again. And “product” simply refers to the distinction between “Planner” and “Navigation (Next).”

                      That’s how I understand it, that's how I know it from all other “lifetime license” arrangements.

                      Con Hennekens
                      Con Hennekens
                      Con Hennekens
                      Alpha tester
                      wrote last edited by
                      #113

                      @martin-phogel.de, Where does the term "during a year" come from? Your theory would imply a Gold subscription could mean different feature inclusions for people based on how long ago they purchased their subscription. I guess many more people would get mad when they did that!

                      Like said so many times, Gold stays Gold with all previous features and more...

                      There are MANY new features that are included in the gold subscription for free.
                      There are also a few new additions to the program that are beyond the regular workflow, that cost a bit extra and can be seen as an in-app purchase, and that will not limit the use of your regular subscription in any way.

                      I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                      Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                      Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      1
                      • martin-phogel.de martin-phogel.de

                        Sorry, @Nick-Carthew , I don't agree with that.

                        According to the FAQ, there are three subscription models: monthly, annual, and lifetime.

                        If I sign up for an annual “Gold” subscription, I expect to have access to all the features that are implemented during that year—not just the features that were available at the start of my subscription. Do you agree?

                        And if I sign up for a lifetime subscription, to me that’s like my annual subscription renewing itself over and over again. And “product” simply refers to the distinction between “Planner” and “Navigation (Next).”

                        That’s how I understand it, that's how I know it from all other “lifetime license” arrangements.

                        martin-phogel.de
                        martin-phogel.de
                        martin-phogel.de
                        wrote last edited by
                        #114

                        martin-phogel.de sagte:

                        during that year

                        @Con-Hennekens sagte:

                        "during a year"

                        The misunderstanding is probably because I’m not a native English speaker and didn’t express myself clearly.

                        Let me try again: If I sign up for an annual Gold subscription today, I expect access not only to the current features but also to all features implemented by October 8, 2027.

                        Based on that, I expect that with a subscription with no time limit, I’ll have access to all features—both those available at the time of my subscription and all future ones.

                        Does that make more sense?

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        Reply
                        • Reply as topic
                        Log in to reply
                        • Oldest to Newest
                        • Newest to Oldest
                        • Most Votes


                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 3
                        • 4
                        • 5
                        • 6
                        ACTIVE USERS
                        martin-phogel.de
                        martin-phogel.de
                        Con Hennekens
                        Con Hennekens
                        Corjan Meijerink
                        Corjan Meijerink
                        Hubert Thoring
                        Hubert Thoring
                        Rob Verhoeff
                        Rob Verhoeff
                        Dave J 0
                        Dave J 0
                        John S Parry
                        John S Parry
                        LE DIZES Freddy
                        LE DIZES Freddy
                        Tom Grzelinski
                        Tom Grzelinski
                        Marinus van Deudekom
                        Marinus van Deudekom
                        Peter Schiefer
                        Peter Schiefer
                        Stanisław
                        Stanisław
                        Guzzist
                        Guzzist
                        Adrian Avram
                        Adrian Avram
                        JP d
                        JP d
                        Vince Hyde
                        Vince Hyde
                        Anonymouse
                        Anonymouse
                        Tenmill 0
                        Tenmill 0
                        Karel76
                        Karel76
                        silberfuchs67
                        silberfuchs67
                        Stevedo 6 0
                        Stevedo 6 0
                        Joe Hoss
                        Joe Hoss
                        peha
                        peha
                        Cookie On Tour
                        Cookie On Tour
                        POPULAR TOPICS
                        • Strange translation
                          Stefan Hummelink
                          Stefan Hummelink
                          0
                          15
                          40

                        • [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                          martin-phogel.de
                          martin-phogel.de
                          9
                          114
                          10.6k

                        • Add delete route button to library
                          Corjan Meijerink
                          Corjan Meijerink
                          0
                          9
                          25

                        • Where is the "Routes" option?
                          LennyO
                          LennyO
                          0
                          10
                          37

                        • Shared toggle switch
                          LennyO
                          LennyO
                          0
                          7
                          27

                        • Undo/Redo tool is hidden
                          b0hd1
                          b0hd1
                          0
                          7
                          13

                        • Crazy routing
                          Hubert Thoring
                          Hubert Thoring
                          0
                          7
                          26

                        • A07 Shared Route Collaboration – Change Log?
                          Corjan Meijerink
                          Corjan Meijerink
                          0
                          6
                          17

                        MY GROUPS
                        • Login

                        • Login or register to search.
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        0
                        • Categories
                        • Recent
                        • Popular
                        • Support
                        • MyRoute-app