Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. The MyRoute-app
  3. [App] Suggestions and Discussion
  4. Extra ETA display option

Extra ETA display option

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [App] Suggestions and Discussion
16 Posts 6 Posters 3.5k Views 2 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • RetiredWingMan
    RetiredWingMan
    RetiredWingMan
    Valued contributor
    wrote on last edited by
    #7

    I prefer the way it currently works.

    2010 GL1800 Goldwing using Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Android 13.

    Dae 0 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • RetiredWingMan RetiredWingMan

      I prefer the way it currently works.

      Dae 0
      Dae 0
      Dae 0
      wrote on last edited by
      #8

      @RetiredWingMan said in Extra ETA display option:

      I prefer the way it currently works.

      I’m on about making it a choice, so you wouldn’t be forced to change

      Con Hennekens Brian McG 2 Replies Last reply
      0
      • Dae 0 Dae 0

        @RetiredWingMan said in Extra ETA display option:

        I prefer the way it currently works.

        I’m on about making it a choice, so you wouldn’t be forced to change

        Con Hennekens
        Con Hennekens
        Con Hennekens
        Alpha tester
        wrote on last edited by
        #9

        @Dae-0, I am not really in favor of making it another toggle in the settings menu...
        Currently the tile cycles through Waypoint - VIA point - Finish. Maybe rotating these modes could be added as a fourth option, with a small icon showing it is on auto-rotate.

        I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

        Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

        Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

        1 Reply Last reply
        4
        • Dae 0 Dae 0

          @RetiredWingMan said in Extra ETA display option:

          I prefer the way it currently works.

          I’m on about making it a choice, so you wouldn’t be forced to change

          Brian McG
          Brian McG
          Brian McG
          wrote on last edited by
          #10

          Hi @Dae-0 I appreciate you would prefer the times to alternate but I might find this a bit confusing. If I am glancing down at the screen trying to figure out which time for which point is being displayed it might take me 2 or 3 glances rather than a single glance

          My preference would certainly be to keep the current static / toggled times & if there is enough support for an alternating option this be added as an additional function

          BlackView BV7100, Android 12
          Navigate "Routes as Tracks" in Offline mode with Offline Maps
          No Wifi, no internet, no interruptions, works well

          Dae 0 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • Brian McG Brian McG

            Hi @Dae-0 I appreciate you would prefer the times to alternate but I might find this a bit confusing. If I am glancing down at the screen trying to figure out which time for which point is being displayed it might take me 2 or 3 glances rather than a single glance

            My preference would certainly be to keep the current static / toggled times & if there is enough support for an alternating option this be added as an additional function

            Dae 0
            Dae 0
            Dae 0
            wrote on last edited by
            #11

            I’m not suggesting for one minute that it replaces the existing options, or that people are forced to use it. I’m suggesting it as a setting you can choose.

            I understand you may need a couple of glances. However, I currently have to go into the menu and change it to the correct ETA if I want to know the ETA that isn’t the one currently being displayed.

            It’s one of those things that you don’t appreciate how useful it is until it’s taken away.

            Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Dae 0 Dae 0

              I’m not suggesting for one minute that it replaces the existing options, or that people are forced to use it. I’m suggesting it as a setting you can choose.

              I understand you may need a couple of glances. However, I currently have to go into the menu and change it to the correct ETA if I want to know the ETA that isn’t the one currently being displayed.

              It’s one of those things that you don’t appreciate how useful it is until it’s taken away.

              Con Hennekens
              Con Hennekens
              Con Hennekens
              Alpha tester
              wrote on last edited by
              #12

              @Dae-0 said in Extra ETA display option:

              However, I currently have to go into the menu and change it to the correct ETA if I want to know the ETA that isn’t the one currently being displayed.

              Huh... Is there a setting for this in the menu?
              I just tap the tile to cycle through the modes...

              I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

              Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

              Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

              Dae 0 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

                @Dae-0 said in Extra ETA display option:

                However, I currently have to go into the menu and change it to the correct ETA if I want to know the ETA that isn’t the one currently being displayed.

                Huh... Is there a setting for this in the menu?
                I just tap the tile to cycle through the modes...

                Dae 0
                Dae 0
                Dae 0
                wrote on last edited by
                #13

                @Con-Hennekens said in Extra ETA display option:

                Huh... Is there a setting for this in the menu?
                I just tap the tile to cycle through the modes...

                That doesn’t work in CarPlay

                Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • Dae 0 Dae 0

                  @Con-Hennekens said in Extra ETA display option:

                  Huh... Is there a setting for this in the menu?
                  I just tap the tile to cycle through the modes...

                  That doesn’t work in CarPlay

                  Con Hennekens
                  Con Hennekens
                  Con Hennekens
                  Alpha tester
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #14

                  @Dae-0 said in Extra ETA display option:

                  That doesn’t work in CarPlay

                  In that case:

                  I didn’t putting the suggestion in the CarPlay sub-forum as I think it’s applicable to both CarPlay and using the phone natively.

                  It seems to be a Carplay thing afterall 😉
                  CP an AA just have some limitations, not always by choice of MRA devs.

                  I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                  Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                  Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                  Dae 0 1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

                    @Dae-0 said in Extra ETA display option:

                    That doesn’t work in CarPlay

                    In that case:

                    I didn’t putting the suggestion in the CarPlay sub-forum as I think it’s applicable to both CarPlay and using the phone natively.

                    It seems to be a Carplay thing afterall 😉
                    CP an AA just have some limitations, not always by choice of MRA devs.

                    Dae 0
                    Dae 0
                    Dae 0
                    wrote on last edited by Dae 0
                    #15

                    @Con-Hennekens said in Extra ETA display option:

                    It seems to be a Carplay thing afterall 😉
                    CP an AA just have some limitations, not always by choice of MRA devs.

                    Nope. My suggestion for an alternating ETA is not solely a CarPlay thing. Before I had CarPlay I used the same option when just navigating using a phone.

                    Yes, it would help with CarPlay if the time was clickable, but that doesn’t mean an alternating display is not useful without CarPlay. For example, my winter heated gloves are not touch screen friendly, so even without CarPlay I would not be able to tap the tile to change the display.

                    Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • Dae 0 Dae 0

                      @Con-Hennekens said in Extra ETA display option:

                      It seems to be a Carplay thing afterall 😉
                      CP an AA just have some limitations, not always by choice of MRA devs.

                      Nope. My suggestion for an alternating ETA is not solely a CarPlay thing. Before I had CarPlay I used the same option when just navigating using a phone.

                      Yes, it would help with CarPlay if the time was clickable, but that doesn’t mean an alternating display is not useful without CarPlay. For example, my winter heated gloves are not touch screen friendly, so even without CarPlay I would not be able to tap the tile to change the display.

                      Con Hennekens
                      Con Hennekens
                      Con Hennekens
                      Alpha tester
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #16

                      @Dae-0, yes, I agree with that.

                      I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                      Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                      Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      ACTIVE USERS
                      Brian McG
                      Brian McG
                      Con Hennekens
                      Con Hennekens
                      HABVEN aka MrMRA
                      HABVEN aka MrMRA
                      Nick Carthew
                      Nick Carthew
                      RetiredWingMan
                      RetiredWingMan
                      Dae 0
                      Dae 0
                      POPULAR TOPICS
                      • Waarom kan deze route niet berekend worden?
                        M. Schrijver
                        M. Schrijver
                        0
                        20
                        376

                      • How to import gpx - via Route or Route-Track?
                        M. Schrijver
                        M. Schrijver
                        0
                        16
                        541

                      • How to plan correctly
                        Erdna
                        Erdna
                        0
                        13
                        427

                      • A02 Routes en tracks kopiëren - Oude webplanner naar nieuwe webplanner
                        Hubert Thori
                        Hubert Thori
                        0
                        6
                        15

                      • test Myroute APP
                        Con Hennekens
                        Con Hennekens
                        4
                        20
                        1.7k

                      • [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                        Tom Grzelinski
                        Tom Grzelinski
                        9
                        103
                        7.4k

                      • Tour results and a question
                        Con Hennekens
                        Con Hennekens
                        0
                        4
                        35

                      • Route name in the planning screen is gone?
                        LennyO
                        LennyO
                        0
                        3
                        7

                      MY GROUPS
                      • Login

                      • Login or register to search.
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Popular
                      • Support
                      • MyRoute-app