Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. The MyRoute-app
  3. [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
  4. Offline map download?

Offline map download?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
8 Posts 5 Posters 1.5k Views 3 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Matt Wetherill 0
    Matt Wetherill 0
    Matt Wetherill 0
    wrote on last edited by Matt Wetherill 0
    #1

    I've just received a new Active 3 tab and I've installed the mra apps.
    I've been trying to download offline mapping but I've just had the spinning blue circle for about an hour now. It won't even load the screen which lets you select a country/ map.
    It worked on my previous device and I'm sure I've done everything correctly this time but it just won't download (Gold, Lifetime member)
    Any advice appreciated!

    GT JWR Christian_de_BXL 0 2 Replies Last reply
    0
    • Matt Wetherill 0 Matt Wetherill 0

      I've just received a new Active 3 tab and I've installed the mra apps.
      I've been trying to download offline mapping but I've just had the spinning blue circle for about an hour now. It won't even load the screen which lets you select a country/ map.
      It worked on my previous device and I'm sure I've done everything correctly this time but it just won't download (Gold, Lifetime member)
      Any advice appreciated!

      GT JWR
      GT JWR
      GT JWR
      Valued contributor
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @Matt-Wetherill-0 not sure where you are located, but if you are trying to download an entire country at once, it seems to hang up. I am in the US and I have to download it State by State.

      Matt Wetherill 0 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • GT JWR GT JWR

        @Matt-Wetherill-0 not sure where you are located, but if you are trying to download an entire country at once, it seems to hang up. I am in the US and I have to download it State by State.

        Matt Wetherill 0
        Matt Wetherill 0
        Matt Wetherill 0
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @GT-JWR thanks but I haven't even managed to get to the screen where you can select any maps 🙂

        Lynchy67 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • Matt Wetherill 0 Matt Wetherill 0

          @GT-JWR thanks but I haven't even managed to get to the screen where you can select any maps 🙂

          Lynchy67
          Lynchy67
          Lynchy67
          Valued contributor
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @Matt-Wetherill-0 said in Offline map download?:

          Offline Maps.jpg

          You don’t stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding.

          Matt Wetherill 0 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • Lynchy67 Lynchy67

            @Matt-Wetherill-0 said in Offline map download?:

            Offline Maps.jpg

            Matt Wetherill 0
            Matt Wetherill 0
            Matt Wetherill 0
            wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @Lynchy67 you're a star - thanks. I'd completely forgotten that you get to the map download screen from there!

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Matt Wetherill 0 Matt Wetherill 0

              I've just received a new Active 3 tab and I've installed the mra apps.
              I've been trying to download offline mapping but I've just had the spinning blue circle for about an hour now. It won't even load the screen which lets you select a country/ map.
              It worked on my previous device and I'm sure I've done everything correctly this time but it just won't download (Gold, Lifetime member)
              Any advice appreciated!

              Christian_de_BXL 0
              Christian_de_BXL 0
              Christian_de_BXL 0
              wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @Matt-Wetherill-0 Hello, I read that you are using a Samsung Active 3 tablet as a GPS. I recently bought a Garmin XT2 and I'm not satisfied with it. I'm curious to know your opinion on the use of the Active 3 associated with MRA as a GPS.

              Matt Wetherill 0 paul69 2 Replies Last reply
              0
              • Christian_de_BXL 0 Christian_de_BXL 0

                @Matt-Wetherill-0 Hello, I read that you are using a Samsung Active 3 tablet as a GPS. I recently bought a Garmin XT2 and I'm not satisfied with it. I'm curious to know your opinion on the use of the Active 3 associated with MRA as a GPS.

                Matt Wetherill 0
                Matt Wetherill 0
                Matt Wetherill 0
                wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @Christian_de_BXL-0 said in Offline map download?:

                @Matt-Wetherill-0 Hello, I read that you are using a Samsung Active 3 tablet as a GPS. I recently bought a Garmin XT2 and I'm not satisfied with it. I'm curious to know your opinion on the use of the Active 3 associated with MRA as a GPS.

                Hi Christian - I'll let you know! I'm waiting for a holder to arrive so that I can mount the tablet in the bike's cockpit. I have high hopes - the Active 3 is a reasonably popular choice for a 'multifunctional' GPS. I already use MRA to plan routes to export to my Garmin XT - this should allow me to use the MRA Navigation app on a good sized screen (I find my phone is a little on the small side).

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • Christian_de_BXL 0 Christian_de_BXL 0

                  @Matt-Wetherill-0 Hello, I read that you are using a Samsung Active 3 tablet as a GPS. I recently bought a Garmin XT2 and I'm not satisfied with it. I'm curious to know your opinion on the use of the Active 3 associated with MRA as a GPS.

                  paul69
                  paul69
                  paul69
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @Christian_de_BXL-0

                  hi just for info,
                  i use an Oukitel RT3 rugged tablet. i mount this on a RAM arm attached to the frame of the adjustable screen on my K1600.
                  rode 2000 miles around scotland recently and this and MRA performed flawlessly.
                  to note i do not have a sim card in the tablet so all navigation was done offline with no issues.

                  to achieve, we must first attempt ✌️
                  K1600 GTL
                  Oukitel RT3
                  iPhone 13 Pro, carpuride 702b

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0

                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                  With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                  Register Login
                  Reply
                  • Reply as topic
                  Log in to reply
                  • Oldest to Newest
                  • Newest to Oldest
                  • Most Votes


                  ACTIVE USERS
                  GT JWR
                  GT JWR
                  paul69
                  paul69
                  Lynchy67
                  Lynchy67
                  Matt Wetherill 0
                  Matt Wetherill 0
                  Christian_de_BXL 0
                  Christian_de_BXL 0
                  POPULAR TOPICS
                  • Points of interest
                    Lluís Casals
                    Lluís Casals
                    0
                    5
                    69

                  • [NL] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                    Corjan Meijerink
                    Corjan Meijerink
                    5
                    101
                    4.1k

                  • Forum Discussions - Filter Languages
                    Nick Carthew
                    Nick Carthew
                    1
                    4
                    55

                  • Elektrisch voertuig
                    Marinus van Deudekom
                    Marinus van Deudekom
                    0
                    26
                    949

                  • Altitude numbers size
                    JosepD
                    JosepD
                    0
                    8
                    257

                  • [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                    Corjan Meijerink
                    Corjan Meijerink
                    9
                    96
                    4.1k

                  • The "Route as Track" function is no longer working.
                    superg
                    superg
                    0
                    2
                    54

                  • Garmin Satnav vs MRA Navigation Next
                    Peter Zehentreiter
                    Peter Zehentreiter
                    0
                    7
                    246

                  MY GROUPS
                  • Login

                  • Login or register to search.
                  • First post
                    Last post
                  0
                  • Categories
                  • Recent
                  • Popular
                  • Support
                  • MyRoute-app