Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. The MyRoute-app
  3. [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
  4. Share file from Downloads - no options

Share file from Downloads - no options

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
12 Posts 5 Posters 1.9k Views 3 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Dave J 0
    Dave J 0
    Dave J 0
    Valued contributor
    wrote on last edited by Dave J 0
    #1

    Watching the tutorial on YouTube the other day, I noticed that you could share a file from Downloads. Tried to do that but I do not receive any share option when the file is selected in 'downloads' Video to show what I am doing.

    This was on Android and I have not tried iOS.

    Kind Regards. Help where I can.
    Ducati Multistrada V4 Rally
    iPhone 15 Pro
    CHIGEE AIO-6 LTE
    Google Pixel 6 Pro - mounted on SP Connect Plus
    Ex Garmin XT2 and XT1 as well as Ex TomTom Rider User

    HABVEN aka MrMRA Corjan Meijerink 2 Replies Last reply
    0
    • Dave J 0 Dave J 0

      Watching the tutorial on YouTube the other day, I noticed that you could share a file from Downloads. Tried to do that but I do not receive any share option when the file is selected in 'downloads' Video to show what I am doing.

      This was on Android and I have not tried iOS.

      HABVEN aka MrMRA
      HABVEN aka MrMRA
      HABVEN aka MrMRA
      Valued contributor
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @Dave-J-0

      After you choose download, you get the export option on an iPhone. Choose export and then an app or mail

      BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
      Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

      Dave J 0 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

        @Dave-J-0

        After you choose download, you get the export option on an iPhone. Choose export and then an app or mail

        Dave J 0
        Dave J 0
        Dave J 0
        Valued contributor
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master I am aware of that function but this is from the Downloads area. Just tested on iOS and it works correctly with the share option from the file in downloads - video. This does not appear to work on Android.

        Kind Regards. Help where I can.
        Ducati Multistrada V4 Rally
        iPhone 15 Pro
        CHIGEE AIO-6 LTE
        Google Pixel 6 Pro - mounted on SP Connect Plus
        Ex Garmin XT2 and XT1 as well as Ex TomTom Rider User

        HABVEN aka MrMRA 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • Dave J 0 Dave J 0

          @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master I am aware of that function but this is from the Downloads area. Just tested on iOS and it works correctly with the share option from the file in downloads - video. This does not appear to work on Android.

          HABVEN aka MrMRA
          HABVEN aka MrMRA
          HABVEN aka MrMRA
          Valued contributor
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @Dave-J-0

          After you choose download, you choose export, then share and then an app or mail

          BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
          Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

          Dave J 0 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

            @Dave-J-0

            After you choose download, you choose export, then share and then an app or mail

            Dave J 0
            Dave J 0
            Dave J 0
            Valued contributor
            wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master Again, I am aware of the function you mention but this is the file share function from files within the Downloads area of the app. @Corjan-Meijerink demonstrated the function on the last YouTube tutorial. As my two videos show, the function works on iOS but does not appear to work on Android.

            Kind Regards. Help where I can.
            Ducati Multistrada V4 Rally
            iPhone 15 Pro
            CHIGEE AIO-6 LTE
            Google Pixel 6 Pro - mounted on SP Connect Plus
            Ex Garmin XT2 and XT1 as well as Ex TomTom Rider User

            HABVEN aka MrMRA 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Dave J 0 Dave J 0

              @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master Again, I am aware of the function you mention but this is the file share function from files within the Downloads area of the app. @Corjan-Meijerink demonstrated the function on the last YouTube tutorial. As my two videos show, the function works on iOS but does not appear to work on Android.

              HABVEN aka MrMRA
              HABVEN aka MrMRA
              HABVEN aka MrMRA
              Valued contributor
              wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @Dave-J-0

              Works on my Samsung, wich version are you using?

              BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
              Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • TorqueRider
                TorqueRider
                TorqueRider
                wrote on last edited by
                #7

                I had saved about ten routes offline. When I tapped them I could share them as expected. The routes could also be found on my iPhone via the files app in a specific folder whose name I can't remember now.
                I deleted the downloaded routes via the app. Subsequently, five new routes were made available offline. In the new situation I can no longer share the routes, but they are directly opened in the app. I can no longer find the routes via the files folder on the iPhone.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • Kenny Thierens
                  Kenny Thierens
                  Kenny Thierens
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  Same problem here, Samsung A53 with latest app version. Can open the downloaded routes but no option to share them in the downloads screen.

                  '07 BMW R1200RT
                  DMD² T865x tablet
                  Silverfox C1 controller
                  Samsung S24+
                  Cardo Spirit HD headset

                  HABVEN aka MrMRA 1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • Kenny Thierens Kenny Thierens

                    Same problem here, Samsung A53 with latest app version. Can open the downloaded routes but no option to share them in the downloads screen.

                    HABVEN aka MrMRA
                    HABVEN aka MrMRA
                    HABVEN aka MrMRA
                    Valued contributor
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @Kenny-Thierens

                    It works just fine for me, both on my Samsung, app version: 4.0.7 - 239 and on my iPhone also with the app version: 4.0.7 - 239. What strikes me is the files in the download folder on your phone now has the extension .gpx, which was not the case before.

                    BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
                    Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • Dave J 0 Dave J 0

                      Watching the tutorial on YouTube the other day, I noticed that you could share a file from Downloads. Tried to do that but I do not receive any share option when the file is selected in 'downloads' Video to show what I am doing.

                      This was on Android and I have not tried iOS.

                      Corjan Meijerink
                      Corjan Meijerink
                      Corjan Meijerink
                      Developer
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @Dave-J-0 thanks for sharing. I’ll have a look on Wednesday.

                      What phone / Android version are you using?

                      Dave J 0 1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink

                        @Dave-J-0 thanks for sharing. I’ll have a look on Wednesday.

                        What phone / Android version are you using?

                        Dave J 0
                        Dave J 0
                        Dave J 0
                        Valued contributor
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @Corjan-Meijerink Merry Christmas. App version 4.0.7 - 239 on Pixel 6 Pro using Android 14 with 5 Dec 23 production firmware. It has been like this for a while and I only noticed this issue for me when I watched the YouTube. Enjoy the break.

                        Kind Regards. Help where I can.
                        Ducati Multistrada V4 Rally
                        iPhone 15 Pro
                        CHIGEE AIO-6 LTE
                        Google Pixel 6 Pro - mounted on SP Connect Plus
                        Ex Garmin XT2 and XT1 as well as Ex TomTom Rider User

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        1
                        • Corjan Meijerink
                          Corjan Meijerink
                          Corjan Meijerink
                          Developer
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          Fixed for the upcoming (not yet scheduled) update 🙂

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          4

                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                          Register Login
                          Reply
                          • Reply as topic
                          Log in to reply
                          • Oldest to Newest
                          • Newest to Oldest
                          • Most Votes


                          ACTIVE USERS
                          Corjan Meijerink
                          Corjan Meijerink
                          HABVEN aka MrMRA
                          HABVEN aka MrMRA
                          Dave J 0
                          Dave J 0
                          TorqueRider
                          TorqueRider
                          Kenny Thierens
                          Kenny Thierens
                          POPULAR TOPICS
                          • Hello everyone
                            Brian McG
                            Brian McG
                            2
                            6
                            91

                          • Route changed?
                            Rob Verhoeff
                            Rob Verhoeff
                            0
                            5
                            72

                          • Hoe lang moet je abo hebbes voor toegang??
                            Rob Veerman
                            Rob Veerman
                            4
                            4
                            58

                          • Beurs aanbieding
                            Corjan Meijerink
                            Corjan Meijerink
                            0
                            3
                            20

                          • Wissel Here-TomTom
                            Hubert Thoring
                            Hubert Thoring
                            0
                            3
                            83

                          • Auto skipping in next version (6)
                            Lluis Arasanz
                            Lluis Arasanz
                            0
                            3
                            133

                          • No tracklog on Android phone
                            Reinhard Grossmann h 0
                            Reinhard Grossmann h 0
                            0
                            13
                            421

                          • Hoe lang gebruiker
                            Rob Verhoeff
                            Rob Verhoeff
                            2
                            2
                            68

                          MY GROUPS
                          • Login

                          • Login or register to search.
                          • First post
                            Last post
                          0
                          • Categories
                          • Recent
                          • Popular
                          • Support
                          • MyRoute-app