Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. MyRoute-app Routeplanner
  3. [Web] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
  4. Using Connector to export routes to Zumo XT but does not show in Trip Planner

Using Connector to export routes to Zumo XT but does not show in Trip Planner

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [Web] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
32 Posts 7 Posters 16.2k Views 2 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • paul69 paul69

    @BD-1

    just a quick thought, I am not going to write many lines of text unless you require more explanation.

    do you have explore activated on your XT. I had a similar problem, the problem was not resolved until I removed/de-activated explore.

    HABVEN aka MrMRA
    HABVEN aka MrMRA
    HABVEN aka MrMRA
    Valued contributor
    wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @paul-69

    Or create the collection in Explore and make it visible in the XR and Explore

    BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
    Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

    paul69 BD 1 2 Replies Last reply
    0
    • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

      @paul-69

      Or create the collection in Explore and make it visible in the XR and Explore

      paul69
      paul69
      paul69
      wrote on last edited by
      #21

      @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master

      I had all sorts of problems with routes/tracks etc not loading onto the XT. when connected it would show a pop up window
      "would you like to import route track etc" I would click yes, but it would not show up in the trip planner.

      I spent quite some time trying to sort this out, various forums, the only thing that worked in the end was to deactivate explore, all my problems went away.
      I think the explore app is a bit of a donkey, but I am sure there will be people that have success with it, although I certainly did not.

      to achieve, we must first attempt ✌️
      K1600 GTL
      Oukitel RT3
      iPhone 13 Pro, carpuride 702b

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

        @paul-69

        Or create the collection in Explore and make it visible in the XR and Explore

        BD 1
        BD 1
        BD 1
        wrote on last edited by
        #22

        @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master
        I have found that without the Zumo XT hooked up, when I use the connector to export, it says "Completed" The route is exported to your device. Enjoy!
        Prior to this challenge, if the Zumo was not fully 'synched' to the computer, I would get an error message indicating the device could not be found.

        Did install the latest windows update - which had no effect on the problem
        2023-09 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5030310)

        Thoughts?

        HABVEN aka MrMRA 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • BD 1 BD 1

          @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master
          I have found that without the Zumo XT hooked up, when I use the connector to export, it says "Completed" The route is exported to your device. Enjoy!
          Prior to this challenge, if the Zumo was not fully 'synched' to the computer, I would get an error message indicating the device could not be found.

          Did install the latest windows update - which had no effect on the problem
          2023-09 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5030310)

          Thoughts?

          HABVEN aka MrMRA
          HABVEN aka MrMRA
          HABVEN aka MrMRA
          Valued contributor
          wrote on last edited by HABVEN aka MrMRA
          #23

          @BD-1

          You have to wait until you see the xt on your PC before you use the connector
          I mostly use my windows 10 desktop, I will check this on my windows 11 laptop.

          BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
          Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

          BD 1 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

            @BD-1

            You have to wait until you see the xt on your PC before you use the connector
            I mostly use my windows 10 desktop, I will check this on my windows 11 laptop.

            BD 1
            BD 1
            BD 1
            wrote on last edited by
            #24

            @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master
            Good morning - please try to use the connector w/o a device hooked up and see if you get an error message indicating there is no device.
            Without any device hooked up, the connector indicates the file transferred.
            I can see and use the Zumo from Windows (11) Explorer and I can download and copy the files to my SD card - just can't transfer via connector.
            I have done a repair to myroute app w/o change. Tried both Chrome and Edge with the same results.

            HABVEN aka MrMRA 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • BD 1 BD 1

              @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master
              Good morning - please try to use the connector w/o a device hooked up and see if you get an error message indicating there is no device.
              Without any device hooked up, the connector indicates the file transferred.
              I can see and use the Zumo from Windows (11) Explorer and I can download and copy the files to my SD card - just can't transfer via connector.
              I have done a repair to myroute app w/o change. Tried both Chrome and Edge with the same results.

              HABVEN aka MrMRA
              HABVEN aka MrMRA
              HABVEN aka MrMRA
              Valued contributor
              wrote on last edited by
              #25

              @BD-1
              Just transferred a route to the XT using the Windows 11 laptop.
              No problems encountered, the route is neatly placed on the device in the GPX folder, after which I can import the route.
              If no device is connected to the laptop, I get the message that the device cannot be found.

              So on this side everything works as it should.

              BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
              Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

              BD 1 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

                @BD-1
                Just transferred a route to the XT using the Windows 11 laptop.
                No problems encountered, the route is neatly placed on the device in the GPX folder, after which I can import the route.
                If no device is connected to the laptop, I get the message that the device cannot be found.

                So on this side everything works as it should.

                BD 1
                BD 1
                BD 1
                wrote on last edited by
                #26

                @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master
                Can we switch sides? 🙂

                BD 1 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • BD 1 BD 1

                  @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master
                  Can we switch sides? 🙂

                  BD 1
                  BD 1
                  BD 1
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #27

                  @BD-1
                  Morning Hans - issues is resolved!

                  I had a SanDisk Ultra USB plugged in at the same time my Zumo XT was plugged in. Removing the SanDisk allowed the connector app to seek out the Zumo as intended. Removing both the USB and Zumo and using the connector app gave me the error message there is no device.
                  When the USB and Zumo are connected to the PC, the connector app is sending the file to the Garmin folder on the USB only.

                  Appreciate your kind assistance in trying to solve my problem - appears to have been 'self inflicted' !

                  Best regards,

                  BD

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  1
                  • BD 1 BD 1

                    @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master
                    link text
                    Thank you

                    HABVEN aka MrMRA
                    HABVEN aka MrMRA
                    HABVEN aka MrMRA
                    Valued contributor
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #28

                    @BD-1

                    Always place the points on the route line, zoom in as much as possible.
                    f279fa22-6cb2-40d0-909d-891ef168a82c-image.png

                    BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
                    Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

                    Guzzist 1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

                      @BD-1

                      Always place the points on the route line, zoom in as much as possible.
                      f279fa22-6cb2-40d0-909d-891ef168a82c-image.png

                      Guzzist
                      Guzzist
                      Guzzist
                      Valued contributor
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #29

                      I had the same issue with transferring routes from MRA Routeplanner to GARMIN XT. But since I

                      • Listenpunkt use HERE maps to plan the route in MRA Routeplanner,
                      • Listenpunkt check in very close detail if all way points are placed exactly on roads,
                      • Listenpunkt export it as gpx 1.1 (not gox 1.2)

                      issues are gone! The GARMIN XT doesn't work well with imported gpx 1.2 out of MRA Routeplanner. You may use this format only with XT2 device.

                      Nothing is impossible ;-)
                      In past: GARMIN Zumo 210->GARMIN Zumo 395->GARMIN XT=> now: DMD T865-X + MyRoute-App, LocusMaps, OsmAnd.
                      In past: GARMIN MapSource ->GARMIN BaseCamp->Tyre->Kurviger->Calimoto=> now: MRA-Routplanner.

                      HABVEN aka MrMRA 1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • Guzzist Guzzist

                        I had the same issue with transferring routes from MRA Routeplanner to GARMIN XT. But since I

                        • Listenpunkt use HERE maps to plan the route in MRA Routeplanner,
                        • Listenpunkt check in very close detail if all way points are placed exactly on roads,
                        • Listenpunkt export it as gpx 1.1 (not gox 1.2)

                        issues are gone! The GARMIN XT doesn't work well with imported gpx 1.2 out of MRA Routeplanner. You may use this format only with XT2 device.

                        HABVEN aka MrMRA
                        HABVEN aka MrMRA
                        HABVEN aka MrMRA
                        Valued contributor
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #30

                        @Guzzist

                        The gpx 1.2 works also perfect in the XT, used that format always

                        BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
                        Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

                        Guzzist 1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

                          @Guzzist

                          The gpx 1.2 works also perfect in the XT, used that format always

                          Guzzist
                          Guzzist
                          Guzzist
                          Valued contributor
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #31

                          @Hans-van-de-Ven-MR-MRA said in Using Connector to export routes to Zumo XT but does not show in Trip Planner:

                          @Guzzist

                          The gpx 1.2 works also perfect in the XT, used that format always

                          @Hans-van-de-Ven-MR-MRA you may right. But I had issues with a never updated XT. Now I can't compare any longer, because I don't have the XT any more.

                          Nothing is impossible ;-)
                          In past: GARMIN Zumo 210->GARMIN Zumo 395->GARMIN XT=> now: DMD T865-X + MyRoute-App, LocusMaps, OsmAnd.
                          In past: GARMIN MapSource ->GARMIN BaseCamp->Tyre->Kurviger->Calimoto=> now: MRA-Routplanner.

                          Marinus van Deudekom 1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • Guzzist Guzzist

                            @Hans-van-de-Ven-MR-MRA said in Using Connector to export routes to Zumo XT but does not show in Trip Planner:

                            @Guzzist

                            The gpx 1.2 works also perfect in the XT, used that format always

                            @Hans-van-de-Ven-MR-MRA you may right. But I had issues with a never updated XT. Now I can't compare any longer, because I don't have the XT any more.

                            Marinus van Deudekom
                            Marinus van Deudekom
                            Marinus van Deudekom
                            RouteXpert
                            wrote on last edited by
                            #32

                            @Guzzist I'm sure that the 1.2 export works good on an XT done it a lot of times

                            Honda Goldwing GL1500,
                            Honda Silverwing GL 650
                            DMD2 T865X 8 inch Android tablet using MRA next for navigation
                            Garmin XT sold
                            Samsung S24FE mounted on a Quadlock and using Android Auto in my car

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                            Register Login
                            Reply
                            • Reply as topic
                            Log in to reply
                            • Oldest to Newest
                            • Newest to Oldest
                            • Most Votes


                            • 1
                            • 2
                            ACTIVE USERS
                            Marinus van Deudekom
                            Marinus van Deudekom
                            HABVEN aka MrMRA
                            HABVEN aka MrMRA
                            Guzzist
                            Guzzist
                            paul69
                            paul69
                            Albert van den Elsen
                            Albert van den Elsen
                            BD 1
                            BD 1
                            Carlos Garcia
                            Carlos Garcia
                            POPULAR TOPICS
                            • Waarom kan deze route niet berekend worden?
                              M. Schrijver
                              M. Schrijver
                              0
                              18
                              331

                            • test Myroute APP
                              Travellexxie
                              Travellexxie
                              3
                              18
                              1.6k

                            • A01 - Kaartlaagweergave OpenStreetMap
                              Hubert Thori
                              Hubert Thori
                              0
                              3
                              13

                            • Hello from Thailand
                              Bull Tahr
                              Bull Tahr
                              0
                              5
                              174

                            • [NL] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                              AWDC LAO
                              AWDC LAO
                              5
                              107
                              8.2k

                            • A02 Routes en tracks kopiëren - Oude webplanner naar nieuwe webplanner
                              Corjan Meijerink
                              Corjan Meijerink
                              0
                              2
                              2

                            • How to plan correctly
                              Erdna
                              Erdna
                              0
                              9
                              365

                            • How to import gpx - via Route or Route-Track?
                              M. Schrijver
                              M. Schrijver
                              0
                              12
                              484

                            MY GROUPS
                            • Login

                            • Login or register to search.
                            • First post
                              Last post
                            0
                            • Categories
                            • Recent
                            • Popular
                            • Support
                            • MyRoute-app