Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. MyRoute-app Routeplanner
  3. [Web] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
  4. Manual POI’s

Manual POI’s

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [Web] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
14 Posts 3 Posters 4.5k Views 2 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • D A Wakefield D A Wakefield

    Where do I find the instructions for transferring manual POI’s to my Garmin XT. I am trying to add fuel and cafe icons to my routes.
    I did find it once but it was all in Dutch. When I use the search function, nothing is found.

    Thanks Dave

    Nick Carthew
    Nick Carthew
    Nick Carthew
    RouteXpert
    wrote on last edited by
    #2

    @D-A-Wakefield said in Manual POI’s:

    Where do I find the instructions for transferring manual POI’s to my Garmin XT. I am trying to add fuel and cafe icons to my routes.
    I did find it once but it was all in Dutch. When I use the search function, nothing is found.

    Thanks Dave

    Hi @D-A-Wakefield
    I’m not quite sure what you’re asking for here.
    Have you added the POIs to your route in MRA or are you asking how to add POIs to your MRA route?

    Always willing to help if I can.
    Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT called Tina.
    MRA Navigation Next and SilverFox BJ8

    D A Wakefield 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • D A Wakefield D A Wakefield

      Where do I find the instructions for transferring manual POI’s to my Garmin XT. I am trying to add fuel and cafe icons to my routes.
      I did find it once but it was all in Dutch. When I use the search function, nothing is found.

      Thanks Dave

      Nick Carthew
      Nick Carthew
      Nick Carthew
      RouteXpert
      wrote on last edited by
      #3

      @D-A-Wakefield Typing POI into the search box in the support section has instructions for adding POIs.

      https://www.myrouteapp.com/support

      Always willing to help if I can.
      Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT called Tina.
      MRA Navigation Next and SilverFox BJ8

      D A Wakefield 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Nick Carthew Nick Carthew

        @D-A-Wakefield Typing POI into the search box in the support section has instructions for adding POIs.

        https://www.myrouteapp.com/support

        D A Wakefield
        D A Wakefield
        D A Wakefield
        wrote on last edited by
        #4

        @Nick-Carthew thanks

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • Nick Carthew Nick Carthew

          @D-A-Wakefield said in Manual POI’s:

          Where do I find the instructions for transferring manual POI’s to my Garmin XT. I am trying to add fuel and cafe icons to my routes.
          I did find it once but it was all in Dutch. When I use the search function, nothing is found.

          Thanks Dave

          Hi @D-A-Wakefield
          I’m not quite sure what you’re asking for here.
          Have you added the POIs to your route in MRA or are you asking how to add POIs to your MRA route?

          D A Wakefield
          D A Wakefield
          D A Wakefield
          wrote on last edited by
          #5

          @Nick-Carthew I have got as far as uploading my route in garmin explorer, going into the route and changing the waypoint icons to a fuel and cafe icon, but when I load the route onto my Garmin XT, they are still just the red flags.
          So went back to the faq in the myroute app to export a route to a Garmin, I the clicked the link at the end that says Manual POI’s and it took me to a page all in Dutch.

          D A Wakefield HABVEN aka MrMRA 2 Replies Last reply
          0
          • D A Wakefield D A Wakefield

            @Nick-Carthew I have got as far as uploading my route in garmin explorer, going into the route and changing the waypoint icons to a fuel and cafe icon, but when I load the route onto my Garmin XT, they are still just the red flags.
            So went back to the faq in the myroute app to export a route to a Garmin, I the clicked the link at the end that says Manual POI’s and it took me to a page all in Dutch.

            D A Wakefield
            D A Wakefield
            D A Wakefield
            wrote on last edited by
            #6

            I have just watched the video on how to import a route through Garmin Explorer and it is wrong. The XT is no longer supported in Explorer.
            I am trying to import the track into Explorer using the app on my phone. When I save the route too my phone as 1.1 track,poi I get none of the waypoints appearing in the track in the Explorer app. I have a list of POI’s, but none of them are the waypoints I have created in Myroute app.

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Nick Carthew
              Nick Carthew
              Nick Carthew
              RouteXpert
              wrote on last edited by
              #7

              @D-A-Wakefield I think a Garmin expert will be along to help you out soon.

              Always willing to help if I can.
              Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT called Tina.
              MRA Navigation Next and SilverFox BJ8

              1 Reply Last reply
              1
              • D A Wakefield D A Wakefield

                @Nick-Carthew I have got as far as uploading my route in garmin explorer, going into the route and changing the waypoint icons to a fuel and cafe icon, but when I load the route onto my Garmin XT, they are still just the red flags.
                So went back to the faq in the myroute app to export a route to a Garmin, I the clicked the link at the end that says Manual POI’s and it took me to a page all in Dutch.

                HABVEN aka MrMRA
                HABVEN aka MrMRA
                HABVEN aka MrMRA
                Valued contributor
                wrote on last edited by
                #8

                @D-A-Wakefield

                Go in the xt to where to, then saved places. There are the POI’s stored that you add in the route.
                Tick on one of them and then you can change the icon

                BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
                Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

                D A Wakefield 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

                  @D-A-Wakefield

                  Go in the xt to where to, then saved places. There are the POI’s stored that you add in the route.
                  Tick on one of them and then you can change the icon

                  D A Wakefield
                  D A Wakefield
                  D A Wakefield
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #9

                  @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master

                  I have gone into Where To in the XT, there is no Saved Places option.

                  HABVEN aka MrMRA 1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • D A Wakefield D A Wakefield

                    @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master

                    I have gone into Where To in the XT, there is no Saved Places option.

                    HABVEN aka MrMRA
                    HABVEN aka MrMRA
                    HABVEN aka MrMRA
                    Valued contributor
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #10

                    @D-A-Wakefield

                    Did you add POI’s into your route? And transfer it via the connector to your xt

                    BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
                    Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

                    D A Wakefield 1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

                      @D-A-Wakefield

                      Did you add POI’s into your route? And transfer it via the connector to your xt

                      D A Wakefield
                      D A Wakefield
                      D A Wakefield
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #11

                      @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master
                      I am trying do all of this via the apps from my android phone.

                      HABVEN aka MrMRA 2 Replies Last reply
                      0
                      • D A Wakefield D A Wakefield

                        @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master
                        I am trying do all of this via the apps from my android phone.

                        HABVEN aka MrMRA
                        HABVEN aka MrMRA
                        HABVEN aka MrMRA
                        Valued contributor
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #12

                        @D-A-Wakefield

                        I was wrong, the way I indicated is for the XT2. You can indeed change the icons on the Garmin Explore website, but I don't think they are updated via Garmin Drive on the XT, but they are with the XT2 and the Tread app.
                        So you will indeed see the flags or hearts on the XT.

                        BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
                        Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • D A Wakefield D A Wakefield

                          @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master
                          I am trying do all of this via the apps from my android phone.

                          HABVEN aka MrMRA
                          HABVEN aka MrMRA
                          HABVEN aka MrMRA
                          Valued contributor
                          wrote on last edited by HABVEN aka MrMRA
                          #13

                          @D-A-Wakefield

                          I was wrong ... 😰

                          This is the way to do it on the XT
                          Edit a saved location
                          1 Select Where To? > Saved.
                          2 Select a category if necessary.
                          3 Select a location.
                          4 Select .
                          5 Select > Edit.
                          6 Select an option:
                          • Select Name.
                          • Select Phone number.
                          • Select Categories to assign categories to the saved location.
                          • Select Change Map Symbol to change the symbol that represents the saved location on the map
                          is highlighted.
                          7 Change the information.
                          8 Select OK.

                          BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
                          Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

                          D A Wakefield 1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

                            @D-A-Wakefield

                            I was wrong ... 😰

                            This is the way to do it on the XT
                            Edit a saved location
                            1 Select Where To? > Saved.
                            2 Select a category if necessary.
                            3 Select a location.
                            4 Select .
                            5 Select > Edit.
                            6 Select an option:
                            • Select Name.
                            • Select Phone number.
                            • Select Categories to assign categories to the saved location.
                            • Select Change Map Symbol to change the symbol that represents the saved location on the map
                            is highlighted.
                            7 Change the information.
                            8 Select OK.

                            D A Wakefield
                            D A Wakefield
                            D A Wakefield
                            wrote on last edited by
                            #14

                            @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master many thanks for the information. I’ll give it a go and let you know how I get on.
                            Also, it now called Favorites on the XT, not Saved Places. Even though the manual and all the other information still refers to Saved Places.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                            Register Login
                            Reply
                            • Reply as topic
                            Log in to reply
                            • Oldest to Newest
                            • Newest to Oldest
                            • Most Votes


                            ACTIVE USERS
                            HABVEN aka MrMRA
                            HABVEN aka MrMRA
                            Nick Carthew
                            Nick Carthew
                            D A Wakefield
                            D A Wakefield
                            POPULAR TOPICS
                            • Waarom kan deze route niet berekend worden?
                              Edwin_M
                              Edwin_M
                              0
                              16
                              230

                            • [NL] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                              AWDC LAO
                              AWDC LAO
                              5
                              107
                              8.1k

                            • Hello from Thailand
                              Bull Tahr
                              Bull Tahr
                              0
                              5
                              135

                            • New beta! 6.0.0 (514)
                              Corjan Meijerink
                              Corjan Meijerink
                              13
                              34
                              448

                            • MRA 6.0.0 (515) Menu color black // blue // white
                              Jörgen
                              Jörgen
                              0
                              2
                              35

                            • How to plan correctly
                              Christian Feurstein
                              Christian Feurstein
                              0
                              7
                              339

                            • Route hervatten vanaf huidige locatie / Resume Route from Current Location
                              Duco van Engelen 0 0
                              Duco van Engelen 0 0
                              1
                              10
                              663

                            • How to import gpx - via Route or Route-Track?
                              Con Hennekens
                              Con Hennekens
                              0
                              11
                              435

                            MY GROUPS
                            • Login

                            • Login or register to search.
                            • First post
                              Last post
                            0
                            • Categories
                            • Recent
                            • Popular
                            • Support
                            • MyRoute-app