Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. Export assistance
  3. [Export] Garmin
  4. transfer from phone to zoom xt

transfer from phone to zoom xt

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [Export] Garmin
28 Posts 12 Posters 2.8k Views 3 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Mzokk
    Mzokk
    Mzokk
    wrote last edited by
    #4

    The broken version is 4.29.25 and was released on the 3rd of September.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • Kobutex Motorreizen
      Kobutex Motorreizen
      Kobutex Motorreizen
      wrote last edited by
      #5

      If you use the connector to transfer your routes to the Zumo, the routes are transferred correctly. Garmin is really moving towards using tracks; however, you can still add your waypoints to the track within Explore.garmin.
      Currently, the connector only works on a Windows PC; hopefully, it will work on Apple PCs again with the new website.

      Mike wiruth 1 Reply Last reply
      2
      • Arno van Lochem - Senior RX
        Arno van Lochem - Senior RX
        Arno van Lochem - Senior RX
        RouteXpert
        wrote last edited by
        #6

        You really shouldn't use version 1.0; that is for Zumos from the last century. (like the Zumo 220)

        For the current generation of XTs (XT/XT2/XT3), it is best to use GPX version 1.1 or 1.2, although it should be noted that 1.2 is an MRA version.

        1 Reply Last reply
        1
        • mark hooton
          mark hooton
          mark hooton
          wrote last edited by
          #7

          thanks for you help I have bought a carpuride for the time being as I off to the picos October.

          Nick Carthew 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • mark hooton mark hooton

            thanks for you help I have bought a carpuride for the time being as I off to the picos October.

            Nick Carthew
            Nick Carthew
            Nick Carthew
            RouteXpert
            wrote last edited by
            #8

            @mark-hooton I would spend as much time as possible learning the nuances between the navigation app and Carpuride and your Garmin. Better to discover on familiar ground than whilst touring.

            Always willing to help if I can.
            Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT called Tina.
            MRA Navigation Next and SilverFox BJ8

            1 Reply Last reply
            2
            • Mzokk
              Mzokk
              Mzokk
              wrote last edited by
              #9

              Just got this reply back from Garmin regarding the borked drive app. After I called them I uploaded an email with a pictorial description of the issues the the current version of the Drive app had caused. I think that a fair few people had contacted them about the issue which was good, as it will hopefully be resolved soon.

              Thank you for your email.

              This issue will be resolved in an upcoming Drive app update. We'll notify you via email once the new version is available for download in Google Play.

              Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

              Kind regards,

              Jake

              Garmin Europe

              1 Reply Last reply
              1
              • Travellexxie
                Travellexxie
                Travellexxie
                Valued contributor
                wrote last edited by
                #10

                I have received more or less the same answers from the German and Dutch Garmin CS
                99fdc07b-b6ca-4fa4-bf40-9afa21bf347c-image.jpeg
                a493d92d-6d56-4f3d-83b8-0fd4fdc21fc9-image.jpeg

                Met andere apps maak je een route, met MRA componeer je een route!

                Ducati Monster 1200 met Garmin Zümo XT
                Fiat 124 Spider/Camper Dethleffs met Navigation-App op Samsung Tab Active4 Pro
                MRA Lifetime Gold

                1 Reply Last reply
                1
                • Mzokk
                  Mzokk
                  Mzokk
                  wrote last edited by
                  #11

                  From last night a new version of the app is available. 4.29.28

                  Having used the app for me there appears to still be a bit of an issue with a refresh of the app before it functions to transfer a file. I initially could not get the app to function but found that opening a second instance of the app then closing it initiated the send function. Previously the app opened and the send file function was initiated after a request to share a file was initiated. I have subsequently found that minimising the app then opening it again also causes the app to work. I have no Idea if this is associated with a setting on my phone or its a bug in the new iteration. I sent this reply to Garmin last night when I finally got the app to transfer routes. I haven't received a reply yet.

                  Further to my last e-mail. I can get the app to work but to get the app to recognise the file to be transferred I have to share the file with the drive app.....nothing happens. If I the open a second instance of the drive app then close it the file dialog appears in the first instance of the Drive app and it transfers to the ZumoXT.

                  Hope this helps?

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • Travellexxie
                    Travellexxie
                    Travellexxie
                    Valued contributor
                    wrote last edited by
                    #12

                    I had to restart the app and now everything is working fine, tablet and phone.

                    Met andere apps maak je een route, met MRA componeer je een route!

                    Ducati Monster 1200 met Garmin Zümo XT
                    Fiat 124 Spider/Camper Dethleffs met Navigation-App op Samsung Tab Active4 Pro
                    MRA Lifetime Gold

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    1
                    • J2FK
                      J2FK
                      J2FK
                      wrote last edited by
                      #13

                      Ik was reeds terug gegaan naar een vorige versie en ga die denk ik nog wat houden, tenzij er een meerwaarde is aan de nieuwe versie. Wat mag die dan eventueel zijn?

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • Kobutex Motorreizen Kobutex Motorreizen

                        If you use the connector to transfer your routes to the Zumo, the routes are transferred correctly. Garmin is really moving towards using tracks; however, you can still add your waypoints to the track within Explore.garmin.
                        Currently, the connector only works on a Windows PC; hopefully, it will work on Apple PCs again with the new website.

                        Mike wiruth
                        Mike wiruth
                        Mike wiruth
                        wrote last edited by
                        #14

                        @Kobutex-Motorreizen Can you explain how I can get my routes to my Zumo XT using a cable? I'm leaving this Saturday and have all my routes on my phone, but like to have them on the garmin too. Especially if it's raining. How do I do it?
                        Thanks very much for your help.
                        Mike

                        Mike W
                        2013 Honda Goldwing
                        Bushtec Trailer
                        Garmin Zumo XT
                        Nebraska
                        youTube channel https://www.youtube.com/@mrjawmaster5854

                        Peter Zehentreiter 1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • Mike wiruth Mike wiruth

                          @Kobutex-Motorreizen Can you explain how I can get my routes to my Zumo XT using a cable? I'm leaving this Saturday and have all my routes on my phone, but like to have them on the garmin too. Especially if it's raining. How do I do it?
                          Thanks very much for your help.
                          Mike

                          Peter Zehentreiter
                          Peter Zehentreiter
                          Peter Zehentreiter
                          wrote last edited by Peter Zehentreiter
                          #15

                          @Mike-wiruth Connect your Garmin to your computer.
                          Drag or copy the GPX file to the GPX folder on your Garmin.

                          zūmo XT Owner's Manual - Transferring GPX Files From Your Computer https://share.google/JWKFXr2WbfmiWbmmT

                          BMW R 1250 GS
                          MRA Navigation & SilverFox C1 Controller
                          DMD-NOR7E 7"
                          SPC Universal mount
                          Motorola Edge 40 "offline"
                          Sena SLR 3
                          Sena 50 R

                          Marinus van Deudekom 1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • AWDC LAO
                            AWDC LAO
                            AWDC LAO
                            wrote last edited by
                            #16

                            On a Mc use an SD-card, not a cable.

                            R1300GS Adv BlackPanther BMW, Apple MacBook Pro M4, Carpe Iter V4c, ervaring met TTR550, ZumoXT2 & iPhone 12 pro max. (VIRP)

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • Peter Zehentreiter Peter Zehentreiter

                              @Mike-wiruth Connect your Garmin to your computer.
                              Drag or copy the GPX file to the GPX folder on your Garmin.

                              zūmo XT Owner's Manual - Transferring GPX Files From Your Computer https://share.google/JWKFXr2WbfmiWbmmT

                              Marinus van Deudekom
                              Marinus van Deudekom
                              Marinus van Deudekom
                              RouteXpert
                              wrote last edited by
                              #17

                              @Peter-Zehentreiter in my opinion unnecessary complicated. Just connect the XT to your computer. Wait until the device and sd are recognised then use the connector in MRA to export the route using the 1.2 format. Works like a charm

                              Honda Goldwing GL1500,
                              Honda Silverwing GL 650
                              DMD2 T865X 8 inch Android tablet using MRA next for navigation
                              Garmin XT sold
                              Samsung S24FE mounted on a Quadlock and using Android Auto in my car

                              Peter Zehentreiter Travellexxie Mike wiruth 3 Replies Last reply
                              1
                              • Marinus van Deudekom Marinus van Deudekom

                                @Peter-Zehentreiter in my opinion unnecessary complicated. Just connect the XT to your computer. Wait until the device and sd are recognised then use the connector in MRA to export the route using the 1.2 format. Works like a charm

                                Peter Zehentreiter
                                Peter Zehentreiter
                                Peter Zehentreiter
                                wrote last edited by
                                #18

                                @Marinus-van-Deudekom Well, that's not exactly complicated...
                                I'm simply describing the standard method for transferring GPX files to a Garmin device.

                                I realize there are different ways to do it, and I know how they work.

                                BMW R 1250 GS
                                MRA Navigation & SilverFox C1 Controller
                                DMD-NOR7E 7"
                                SPC Universal mount
                                Motorola Edge 40 "offline"
                                Sena SLR 3
                                Sena 50 R

                                Marinus van Deudekom 1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • Marinus van Deudekom Marinus van Deudekom

                                  @Peter-Zehentreiter in my opinion unnecessary complicated. Just connect the XT to your computer. Wait until the device and sd are recognised then use the connector in MRA to export the route using the 1.2 format. Works like a charm

                                  Travellexxie
                                  Travellexxie
                                  Travellexxie
                                  Valued contributor
                                  wrote last edited by Travellexxie
                                  #19

                                  @Marinus-van-Deudekom MRA connector and XT with sd-card. I wish you lots of succes, most of the time it will not succeed with a sd-card.
                                  Save the route(s) and drag them, in case of more routes, to the XT itself (I use good old Total Commander for it), de SD is in my case only for music. In case of emergency (XT has to set back to factory settings or hard reset) you can put them on your XT with your phone and the Drive app.
                                  I agree with the 1.2

                                  Met andere apps maak je een route, met MRA componeer je een route!

                                  Ducati Monster 1200 met Garmin Zümo XT
                                  Fiat 124 Spider/Camper Dethleffs met Navigation-App op Samsung Tab Active4 Pro
                                  MRA Lifetime Gold

                                  Marinus van Deudekom 1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • Travellexxie Travellexxie

                                    @Marinus-van-Deudekom MRA connector and XT with sd-card. I wish you lots of succes, most of the time it will not succeed with a sd-card.
                                    Save the route(s) and drag them, in case of more routes, to the XT itself (I use good old Total Commander for it), de SD is in my case only for music. In case of emergency (XT has to set back to factory settings or hard reset) you can put them on your XT with your phone and the Drive app.
                                    I agree with the 1.2

                                    Marinus van Deudekom
                                    Marinus van Deudekom
                                    Marinus van Deudekom
                                    RouteXpert
                                    wrote last edited by
                                    #20

                                    @Travellexxie What I meant was if you want to tranfer using the cable connection wait for Windows to recognise both the XT and the SD card. Don't trafer the export to a SD card. You're completly wright about that.

                                    Honda Goldwing GL1500,
                                    Honda Silverwing GL 650
                                    DMD2 T865X 8 inch Android tablet using MRA next for navigation
                                    Garmin XT sold
                                    Samsung S24FE mounted on a Quadlock and using Android Auto in my car

                                    Travellexxie John S Parry 2 Replies Last reply
                                    0
                                    • Peter Zehentreiter Peter Zehentreiter

                                      @Marinus-van-Deudekom Well, that's not exactly complicated...
                                      I'm simply describing the standard method for transferring GPX files to a Garmin device.

                                      I realize there are different ways to do it, and I know how they work.

                                      Marinus van Deudekom
                                      Marinus van Deudekom
                                      Marinus van Deudekom
                                      RouteXpert
                                      wrote last edited by
                                      #21

                                      @Peter-Zehentreiter There's alway more ways to get where you wanna go

                                      Honda Goldwing GL1500,
                                      Honda Silverwing GL 650
                                      DMD2 T865X 8 inch Android tablet using MRA next for navigation
                                      Garmin XT sold
                                      Samsung S24FE mounted on a Quadlock and using Android Auto in my car

                                      Peter Zehentreiter 1 Reply Last reply
                                      1
                                      • Marinus van Deudekom Marinus van Deudekom

                                        @Peter-Zehentreiter in my opinion unnecessary complicated. Just connect the XT to your computer. Wait until the device and sd are recognised then use the connector in MRA to export the route using the 1.2 format. Works like a charm

                                        Mike wiruth
                                        Mike wiruth
                                        Mike wiruth
                                        wrote last edited by
                                        #22

                                        @Marinus-van-Deudekom What do you mean by "use the connector"? What connector are you talking about?
                                        Thanks,

                                        Mike W
                                        2013 Honda Goldwing
                                        Bushtec Trailer
                                        Garmin Zumo XT
                                        Nebraska
                                        youTube channel https://www.youtube.com/@mrjawmaster5854

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • Marinus van Deudekom Marinus van Deudekom

                                          @Peter-Zehentreiter There's alway more ways to get where you wanna go

                                          Peter Zehentreiter
                                          Peter Zehentreiter
                                          Peter Zehentreiter
                                          wrote last edited by
                                          #23

                                          @Marinus-van-Deudekom sent you a PN 😉

                                          BMW R 1250 GS
                                          MRA Navigation & SilverFox C1 Controller
                                          DMD-NOR7E 7"
                                          SPC Universal mount
                                          Motorola Edge 40 "offline"
                                          Sena SLR 3
                                          Sena 50 R

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • 1
                                          • 2
                                          ACTIVE USERS
                                          Travellexxie
                                          Travellexxie
                                          Nick Carthew
                                          Nick Carthew
                                          Peter Zehentreiter
                                          Peter Zehentreiter
                                          John S Parry
                                          John S Parry
                                          Mzokk
                                          Mzokk
                                          AWDC LAO
                                          AWDC LAO
                                          Marinus van Deudekom
                                          Marinus van Deudekom
                                          Arno van Lochem - Senior RX
                                          Arno van Lochem - Senior RX
                                          Kobutex Motorreizen
                                          Kobutex Motorreizen
                                          Mike wiruth
                                          Mike wiruth
                                          J2FK
                                          J2FK
                                          mark hooton
                                          mark hooton
                                          POPULAR TOPICS
                                          • Where is the "Routes" option?
                                            LennyO
                                            LennyO
                                            0
                                            5
                                            19

                                          • My Routeapp Stays questions
                                            Lluis Arasanz
                                            Lluis Arasanz
                                            0
                                            5
                                            21

                                          • Foutmelding In MRA Next
                                            Hans Lamers
                                            Hans Lamers
                                            0
                                            3
                                            10

                                          • LAN001 - Statistics data from a Tracklog and Map improvment
                                            Lluis Arasanz
                                            Lluis Arasanz
                                            0
                                            3
                                            12

                                          • Problem Switching App to Beta RoutePlanner
                                            Rob Verhoeff
                                            Rob Verhoeff
                                            0
                                            7
                                            46

                                          • [Request] Recent changes on webplanner...
                                            Lluis Arasanz
                                            Lluis Arasanz
                                            0
                                            3
                                            11

                                          • Strange translation
                                            Lluis Arasanz
                                            Lluis Arasanz
                                            0
                                            3
                                            5

                                          • Kort voorstellen
                                            Rob Verhoeff
                                            Rob Verhoeff
                                            1
                                            2
                                            65

                                          MY GROUPS
                                          • Login

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Categories
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Support
                                          • MyRoute-app