Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. MRA Café
  3. DMD-T665 as a Motorcycle Navigation Device – Long-Term Review

DMD-T665 as a Motorcycle Navigation Device – Long-Term Review

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved MRA Café
40 Posts 13 Posters 11.7k Views 6 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • ConiKost
    ConiKost
    ConiKost
    wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Does any can reproduce on a T665, when maps are being saved to sd card, that its extremly slow compared to internal storage? No, it's not the sd card limiting, its fast enough. I can see only with MRA such slowness. For example, Kurviger is much faster saving maps to sd card.

    Shiny!

    Marinus van Deudekom 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • ConiKost ConiKost

      Does any can reproduce on a T665, when maps are being saved to sd card, that its extremly slow compared to internal storage? No, it's not the sd card limiting, its fast enough. I can see only with MRA such slowness. For example, Kurviger is much faster saving maps to sd card.

      Marinus van Deudekom
      Marinus van Deudekom
      Marinus van Deudekom
      RouteXpert
      wrote on last edited by
      #31

      @ConiKost on my devices I have the maps saved in the device itself. Laat haar there was a problem with SD card and since that time I dont use the SD voor that. I've some mp3 files on it but playing them is troublesone. Here comes Spotify😁😁😁
      I guess putting the maps in the device is better and I dont experiance slotte y response time

      Honda Goldwing GL1500,
      Honda Silverwing GL 650
      DMD2 T865X 8 inch Android tablet using MRA next for navigation
      Garmin XT sold
      Samsung S24FE mounted on a Quadlock and using Android Auto in my car

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • ConiKost
        ConiKost
        ConiKost
        wrote on last edited by
        #32

        @marinus-van-deudekom Could you be so kind and give a try installing on sd card, if you can reproduce this?

        Shiny!

        Marinus van Deudekom 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • ConiKost ConiKost

          @marinus-van-deudekom Could you be so kind and give a try installing on sd card, if you can reproduce this?

          Marinus van Deudekom
          Marinus van Deudekom
          Marinus van Deudekom
          RouteXpert
          wrote on last edited by
          #33

          @ConiKost I would but the device is at home and I won't be there for a week

          Honda Goldwing GL1500,
          Honda Silverwing GL 650
          DMD2 T865X 8 inch Android tablet using MRA next for navigation
          Garmin XT sold
          Samsung S24FE mounted on a Quadlock and using Android Auto in my car

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • ConiKost
            ConiKost
            ConiKost
            wrote on last edited by
            #34

            Great, thanks for willing to test. Next week or so is fine.

            Shiny!

            Marinus van Deudekom 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • ConiKost ConiKost

              Great, thanks for willing to test. Next week or so is fine.

              Marinus van Deudekom
              Marinus van Deudekom
              Marinus van Deudekom
              RouteXpert
              wrote on last edited by
              #35

              @ConiKost The SD card on my T865X is giving me some trouble so I can't help you out with that.
              I do have the experiance that load the maps onto the device itself works perfect.
              With all the apps I've installed and the maps from MRA and DMD there's still almost 80% free memory.
              I did expereriance trouble with MP3 files stored on the SD card. The player stopped frequently so that's why I use Spotify instead.

              Honda Goldwing GL1500,
              Honda Silverwing GL 650
              DMD2 T865X 8 inch Android tablet using MRA next for navigation
              Garmin XT sold
              Samsung S24FE mounted on a Quadlock and using Android Auto in my car

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • ConiKost
                ConiKost
                ConiKost
                wrote on last edited by
                #36

                Any chance to get another sd card to test?

                Shiny!

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • Ioan Dragulescu
                  Ioan Dragulescu
                  Ioan Dragulescu
                  wrote last edited by
                  #37

                  How are you peeps using MRA on the T665? In Hybrid mode (default) ? Or in Virtual Display mode ? I am talking about the advanced settings for older android in the map settings. The app UI seems much snappier if I select Virtual Display but it seems to me a bit unstable, as in I get crashes and most of the times the phone restarts.

                  Bart De Medts 1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • Ioan Dragulescu Ioan Dragulescu

                    How are you peeps using MRA on the T665? In Hybrid mode (default) ? Or in Virtual Display mode ? I am talking about the advanced settings for older android in the map settings. The app UI seems much snappier if I select Virtual Display but it seems to me a bit unstable, as in I get crashes and most of the times the phone restarts.

                    Bart De Medts
                    Bart De Medts
                    Bart De Medts
                    Alpha tester
                    wrote last edited by
                    #38

                    @Ioan-Dragulescu in Hybrid mode (default).

                    🏍️ Tiger: DMD Nor7e + SilverFox controller
                    🏍️ Bobber: iPhone 15 Pro + Quad Lock mount
                    🚗 Car: iPhone 15 Pro with wireless Apple CarPlay

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • Ioan Dragulescu
                      Ioan Dragulescu
                      Ioan Dragulescu
                      wrote last edited by Ioan Dragulescu
                      #39

                      @bart-de-medts did you experience any crashes resulting in the phone restarting (especially when using Free Ride mode)? Even after 5.2.1? I'm trying to figure out if it's because I am using Hybrid mode or if it's smth else.

                      Bart De Medts 1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • Ioan Dragulescu Ioan Dragulescu

                        @bart-de-medts did you experience any crashes resulting in the phone restarting (especially when using Free Ride mode)? Even after 5.2.1? I'm trying to figure out if it's because I am using Hybrid mode or if it's smth else.

                        Bart De Medts
                        Bart De Medts
                        Bart De Medts
                        Alpha tester
                        wrote last edited by
                        #40

                        @Ioan-Dragulescu No, not at all. But I switched to the DMD Nor7e tablet a few months ago.

                        🏍️ Tiger: DMD Nor7e + SilverFox controller
                        🏍️ Bobber: iPhone 15 Pro + Quad Lock mount
                        🚗 Car: iPhone 15 Pro with wireless Apple CarPlay

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        Reply
                        • Reply as topic
                        Log in to reply
                        • Oldest to Newest
                        • Newest to Oldest
                        • Most Votes


                        • 1
                        • 2
                        ACTIVE USERS
                        Marinus van Deudekom
                        Marinus van Deudekom
                        Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
                        Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
                        Guzzist
                        Guzzist
                        Adrian Avram
                        Adrian Avram
                        Peter Zehentreiter
                        Peter Zehentreiter
                        AWDC LAO
                        AWDC LAO
                        silberfuchs67
                        silberfuchs67
                        Bart De Medts
                        Bart De Medts
                        Ioan Dragulescu
                        Ioan Dragulescu
                        Arjan de Vries
                        Arjan de Vries
                        ConiKost
                        ConiKost
                        Albert van den Elsen
                        Albert van den Elsen
                        Rob Holliday
                        Rob Holliday
                        POPULAR TOPICS
                        • Drive restriction for vehicle
                          Robineke
                          Robineke
                          0
                          26
                          194

                        • Upgrading from Zumo XT to XT2
                          Mzokk
                          Mzokk
                          0
                          44
                          3.5k

                        • No tracklog on Android phone
                          Reinhard Grossmann h 0
                          Reinhard Grossmann h 0
                          0
                          10
                          181

                        • Overlay Routes like the App does and waypoints without routes
                          Rob Kelley
                          Rob Kelley
                          0
                          3
                          18

                        • Route Breakdown
                          Scarecrow
                          Scarecrow
                          1
                          6
                          334

                        • Vergrendel scherm zet alles op z'n kop
                          M. Schrijver
                          M. Schrijver
                          0
                          9
                          196

                        • Brittany routes
                          Tony 13
                          Tony 13
                          0
                          2
                          11

                        • still no (Beta) Update 6.0.0 -514
                          Stanisław
                          Stanisław
                          0
                          2
                          29

                        MY GROUPS
                        • Login

                        • Login or register to search.
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        0
                        • Categories
                        • Recent
                        • Popular
                        • Support
                        • MyRoute-app