Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. [Beta] The MyRoute-app
  3. [Beta] Announcements
  4. New Beta! (v4.1.0) Android Auto / CarPlay revamp

New Beta! (v4.1.0) Android Auto / CarPlay revamp

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [Beta] Announcements
87 Posts 25 Posters 919 Views 11 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Jörgen
    Jörgen
    Jörgen
    Valued contributor
    wrote on last edited by
    #65

    Android update from 263 to 266 OK.

    Hardware
    iPhone 12 pro (iOS 26.2.1)
    iPad (7.Gen.) 18.7.3
    Oukitel RT3 Pro (Andr. 14)
    Wireless CarPlay mit (Elebest C650)
    Wired CarPlay (SEAT Arona - 2021)
    MRA Workshops in Deutsch sind hier zu finden

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink

      @Jack-van-Tilburg cool! Thanks for the elaborate feedback. So summary: given the limitations of CarPlay the experience was good! The fact that everything functions without issues means that the work done is successful! 🙂

      Now that everything is stable, we can start focussing on improving the experience (within the constraints) and adding features.

      TorqueRider
      TorqueRider
      TorqueRider
      wrote on last edited by TorqueRider
      #66

      @Corjan-Meijerink said in New Beta! (v4.1.0) Android Auto / CarPlay revamp:

      given the limitations of CarPlay the experience was good!

      The stability was indeed okay in this short route. I don't like operating the available functions.

      Now that everything is stable, we can start focussing on improving the experience (within the constraints) and adding features.

      To improve the experience, I would prefer to address the aforementioned uncomfortable operation of the functions first before adding new features.

      Jörgen 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • TorqueRider TorqueRider

        @Corjan-Meijerink said in New Beta! (v4.1.0) Android Auto / CarPlay revamp:

        given the limitations of CarPlay the experience was good!

        The stability was indeed okay in this short route. I don't like operating the available functions.

        Now that everything is stable, we can start focussing on improving the experience (within the constraints) and adding features.

        To improve the experience, I would prefer to address the aforementioned uncomfortable operation of the functions first before adding new features.

        Jörgen
        Jörgen
        Jörgen
        Valued contributor
        wrote on last edited by
        #67

        @Jack-van-Tilburg after reading your findings, I tested the latest version with my Elebest as well. I can not see the same issues.
        When I press skip WP I see shortly a message "calculation".

        IMG_5330.PNG

        And when I press move map, I see the zoom +/- buttons.

        IMG_5332.PNG

        What Elebest device do you have?

        Hardware
        iPhone 12 pro (iOS 26.2.1)
        iPad (7.Gen.) 18.7.3
        Oukitel RT3 Pro (Andr. 14)
        Wireless CarPlay mit (Elebest C650)
        Wired CarPlay (SEAT Arona - 2021)
        MRA Workshops in Deutsch sind hier zu finden

        GT JWR TorqueRider 3 Replies Last reply
        0
        • Jörgen Jörgen

          @Jack-van-Tilburg after reading your findings, I tested the latest version with my Elebest as well. I can not see the same issues.
          When I press skip WP I see shortly a message "calculation".

          IMG_5330.PNG

          And when I press move map, I see the zoom +/- buttons.

          IMG_5332.PNG

          What Elebest device do you have?

          GT JWR
          GT JWR
          GT JWR
          Valued contributor
          wrote on last edited by
          #68

          @Jörgen seems I'm missing something...where is the skip waypoint button located on the CarPlay screen?

          Jörgen 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • GT JWR GT JWR

            @Jörgen seems I'm missing something...where is the skip waypoint button located on the CarPlay screen?

            Jörgen
            Jörgen
            Jörgen
            Valued contributor
            wrote on last edited by
            #69

            @GT-JWR

            IMG_5326.PNG

            Hardware
            iPhone 12 pro (iOS 26.2.1)
            iPad (7.Gen.) 18.7.3
            Oukitel RT3 Pro (Andr. 14)
            Wireless CarPlay mit (Elebest C650)
            Wired CarPlay (SEAT Arona - 2021)
            MRA Workshops in Deutsch sind hier zu finden

            GT JWR 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Jörgen Jörgen

              @Jack-van-Tilburg after reading your findings, I tested the latest version with my Elebest as well. I can not see the same issues.
              When I press skip WP I see shortly a message "calculation".

              IMG_5330.PNG

              And when I press move map, I see the zoom +/- buttons.

              IMG_5332.PNG

              What Elebest device do you have?

              TorqueRider
              TorqueRider
              TorqueRider
              wrote on last edited by
              #70

              @Jörgen said in New Beta! (v4.1.0) Android Auto / CarPlay revamp:

              What Elebest device do you have?

              Elebest Motorrad-Navi 7 Zoll CarPlay C750

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Jörgen Jörgen

                @GT-JWR

                IMG_5326.PNG

                GT JWR
                GT JWR
                GT JWR
                Valued contributor
                wrote on last edited by
                #71

                @Jörgen ah, ok, thanks. It just wasn't showing on your snipit above....I recall seeing it before.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • Jörgen Jörgen

                  @Jack-van-Tilburg after reading your findings, I tested the latest version with my Elebest as well. I can not see the same issues.
                  When I press skip WP I see shortly a message "calculation".

                  IMG_5330.PNG

                  And when I press move map, I see the zoom +/- buttons.

                  IMG_5332.PNG

                  What Elebest device do you have?

                  TorqueRider
                  TorqueRider
                  TorqueRider
                  wrote on last edited by TorqueRider
                  #72

                  @Jörgen said in New Beta! (v4.1.0) Android Auto / CarPlay revamp:

                  IMG_5330.PNG

                  I am now sitting on my chair trying to remove it again and I indeed see this image. But so terribly short that I'm amazed as to how you can take a screenshot of it.
                  But I really don't remember seeing this this afternoon.
                  It is also a different image than when you perform this action in the app.

                  IMG_1966.jpg

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink

                    @Lynchy67 266 should be available now for Android, that is the latest. Upgrade should go as expected without issues 🙂

                    Lynchy67
                    Lynchy67
                    Lynchy67
                    Valued contributor
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #73

                    @Corjan-Meijerink

                    All good now thank you.

                    You don’t stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • richtea999 richtea999

                      @Lynchy67 said in New Beta! (v4.1.0) Android Auto / CarPlay revamp:

                      Seems I'm late to the update party.
                      I seeing 4.1.0 - 263, is that the latest for Android?

                      I have no routes in my downloads but I have hundreds of routes in the planner.

                      Do I have to manually put all my routes back into the downloads folder???

                      Was there an issue with this update???

                      Keep up lad / lass! 😀

                      There was initially an issue with 4.0.8 -> 4.1.0 - a white screen.

                      The (very temporary) solution to seeing the white screen was to uninstall and reinstall. That's what the extra releases were trying to resolve.

                      If you didn't see a white screen and didn't uninstall/reinstall then you're OK. All setting and maps will be preserved.

                      Any uninstall/reinstall means re-setting up the app and any re-downloading lost maps/offline routes.

                      Lynchy67
                      Lynchy67
                      Lynchy67
                      Valued contributor
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #74

                      @richtea999

                      Lad not Lass.

                      You don’t stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • Lynchy67 Lynchy67

                        @Corjan-Meijerink

                        Seems I'm late to the update party.
                        I seeing 4.1.0 - 263, is that the latest for Android?

                        I have no routes in my downloads but I have hundreds of routes in the planner.

                        Do I have to manually put all my routes back into the downloads folder???

                        Was there an issue with this update???

                        Con Hennekens
                        Con Hennekens
                        Con Hennekens
                        Alpha tester
                        wrote on last edited by Con Hennekens
                        #75

                        @Lynchy67 said in New Beta! (v4.1.0) Android Auto / CarPlay revamp:

                        Do I have to manually put all my routes back into the downloads folder???

                        I do not assume you always need all 100's of routes to be available offline all the time? There is an option in the settings that enables all started routes to be downloaded for offline use automatically. I have a habit of starting al routes in the app once, before I leave home, just to check them on the device itself. This way, I do not need to think about downloading them manually.

                        I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                        Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                        Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                        Dave J 0 Lynchy67 2 Replies Last reply
                        2
                        • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

                          @Lynchy67 said in New Beta! (v4.1.0) Android Auto / CarPlay revamp:

                          Do I have to manually put all my routes back into the downloads folder???

                          I do not assume you always need all 100's of routes to be available offline all the time? There is an option in the settings that enables all started routes to be downloaded for offline use automatically. I have a habit of starting al routes in the app once, before I leave home, just to check them on the device itself. This way, I do not need to think about downloading them manually.

                          Dave J 0
                          Dave J 0
                          Dave J 0
                          Valued contributor
                          wrote on last edited by Dave J 0
                          #76

                          @Con-Hennekens That is how I work. Love the feature to do this. Makes life really easy.

                          All stable so far with the latest Android and iOS versions - 4.1.0 - 266.

                          Kind Regards. Help where I can.
                          Ducati Multistrada V4 Rally
                          iPhone 15 Pro
                          CHIGEE AIO-6 LTE
                          Google Pixel 6 Pro - mounted on SP Connect Plus
                          Ex Garmin XT2 and XT1 as well as Ex TomTom Rider User

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

                            @Lynchy67 said in New Beta! (v4.1.0) Android Auto / CarPlay revamp:

                            Do I have to manually put all my routes back into the downloads folder???

                            I do not assume you always need all 100's of routes to be available offline all the time? There is an option in the settings that enables all started routes to be downloaded for offline use automatically. I have a habit of starting al routes in the app once, before I leave home, just to check them on the device itself. This way, I do not need to think about downloading them manually.

                            Lynchy67
                            Lynchy67
                            Lynchy67
                            Valued contributor
                            wrote on last edited by
                            #77

                            @Con-Hennekens

                            Yes, maybe you are correct in your thinking.
                            I do have a list of favourite routes in the downloads that I use often, but maybe it would be prudent to limit the list somewhat.

                            You don’t stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding.

                            Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • Lynchy67 Lynchy67

                              @Con-Hennekens

                              Yes, maybe you are correct in your thinking.
                              I do have a list of favourite routes in the downloads that I use often, but maybe it would be prudent to limit the list somewhat.

                              Con Hennekens
                              Con Hennekens
                              Con Hennekens
                              Alpha tester
                              wrote on last edited by
                              #78

                              @Lynchy67, do you not have any internet connection at the moment you start such a route? Picking a route the usual way (routes menu) works just fine, as long as you have a live connection, even though the app is in offline mode. As soon as you start a route it will be offline, and no bandwidth is being used.

                              Together with the option "download routes for offline use automatically", I seldomly need to download anything manually.

                              I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                              Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                              Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                              Lynchy67 1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

                                @Lynchy67, do you not have any internet connection at the moment you start such a route? Picking a route the usual way (routes menu) works just fine, as long as you have a live connection, even though the app is in offline mode. As soon as you start a route it will be offline, and no bandwidth is being used.

                                Together with the option "download routes for offline use automatically", I seldomly need to download anything manually.

                                Lynchy67
                                Lynchy67
                                Lynchy67
                                Valued contributor
                                wrote on last edited by Lynchy67
                                #79

                                @Con-Hennekens

                                The issue with the downloads was due to one of the earlier updates that basically wiped out my downloaded routes in the Downloads folder.
                                I did have to manually put them all back.

                                I went out for a ride today and MRA worked wonderfully. 👍

                                You don’t stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink

                                  @Stephen-Rowland please let me know if 266 works! Should be there for you now 🙂

                                  Stephen Rowland
                                  Stephen Rowland
                                  Stephen Rowland
                                  wrote on last edited by
                                  #80

                                  @Corjan-Meijerink Works very well now thanks

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • M. Schrijver
                                    M. Schrijver
                                    M. Schrijver
                                    Valued contributor
                                    wrote on last edited by
                                    #81

                                    Maybe it was a fix in a previous version but i noticed something else.

                                    Because i deleted everything before i updated to the new version. I needed to download the offline maps again.
                                    This time downloading the maps went pretty quick.

                                    (I use MRA Next only on Android Auto. Every comment, suggestion, etc will be based on my usage with Android Auto)

                                    RetiredWingMan 1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • M. Schrijver M. Schrijver

                                      Maybe it was a fix in a previous version but i noticed something else.

                                      Because i deleted everything before i updated to the new version. I needed to download the offline maps again.
                                      This time downloading the maps went pretty quick.

                                      RetiredWingMan
                                      RetiredWingMan
                                      RetiredWingMan
                                      Valued contributor
                                      wrote on last edited by
                                      #82

                                      @M-Schrijver it seems that downloading maps is very dependant in Internet traffic and how busy the Here servers are. Sometimes it goes very quickly and other times it feels like we're back in dialup days.😊

                                      2010 GL1800 Goldwing using Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Android 13.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • M. Schrijver
                                        M. Schrijver
                                        M. Schrijver
                                        Valued contributor
                                        wrote on last edited by
                                        #83

                                        Offcourse you're right. But in the past there were many complaints about the slow download speeds of the offline maps. This was something i noticed too. But this time is was completly different.
                                        I have also TomTom GO. This uses offline map too. But in case of TomRom GO the downloadspeed is always reliable.

                                        (I use MRA Next only on Android Auto. Every comment, suggestion, etc will be based on my usage with Android Auto)

                                        Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • M. Schrijver M. Schrijver

                                          Offcourse you're right. But in the past there were many complaints about the slow download speeds of the offline maps. This was something i noticed too. But this time is was completly different.
                                          I have also TomTom GO. This uses offline map too. But in case of TomRom GO the downloadspeed is always reliable.

                                          Con Hennekens
                                          Con Hennekens
                                          Con Hennekens
                                          Alpha tester
                                          wrote on last edited by
                                          #84

                                          @M-Schrijver, When you download maps, the app checks the data it already has. This way an interrupted download does not need to redownload the whole thing again. I guess the data was still present, but the app lost its reference to it. The very quick "download" (probably faster than even possible over wifi?) indicates it merely reindexed the existing maps.

                                          I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                                          Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                                          Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • 1
                                          • 2
                                          • 3
                                          • 4
                                          • 5
                                          ACTIVE USERS
                                          Marinus van Deudekom
                                          Marinus van Deudekom
                                          Corjan Meijerink
                                          Corjan Meijerink
                                          Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
                                          Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
                                          Stanisław
                                          Stanisław
                                          Nick Carthew
                                          Nick Carthew
                                          M. Schrijver
                                          M. Schrijver
                                          Con Hennekens
                                          Con Hennekens
                                          Rob Verhoeff
                                          Rob Verhoeff
                                          Hubert Thoring
                                          Hubert Thoring
                                          GT JWR
                                          GT JWR
                                          Vince Hyde
                                          Vince Hyde
                                          Drabslab
                                          Drabslab
                                          Jörgen
                                          Jörgen
                                          Dave J 0
                                          Dave J 0
                                          RetiredWingMan
                                          RetiredWingMan
                                          Edwin_M
                                          Edwin_M
                                          Stephen Rowland
                                          Stephen Rowland
                                          richtea999
                                          richtea999
                                          Bart De Medts
                                          Bart De Medts
                                          Arno 0
                                          Arno 0
                                          TorqueRider
                                          TorqueRider
                                          Gary Clark
                                          Gary Clark
                                          Lynchy67
                                          Lynchy67
                                          Andre Muller
                                          Andre Muller
                                          POPULAR TOPICS
                                          • Upgrading from Zumo XT to XT2
                                            Mzokk
                                            Mzokk
                                            0
                                            44
                                            3.5k

                                          • Drive restriction for vehicle
                                            Corjan Meijerink
                                            Corjan Meijerink
                                            0
                                            25
                                            191

                                          • No tracklog on Android phone
                                            Reinhard Grossmann h 0
                                            Reinhard Grossmann h 0
                                            0
                                            10
                                            176

                                          • Overlay Routes like the App does and waypoints without routes
                                            Rob Kelley
                                            Rob Kelley
                                            0
                                            3
                                            10

                                          • Route Breakdown
                                            Scarecrow
                                            Scarecrow
                                            1
                                            6
                                            325

                                          • Vergrendel scherm zet alles op z'n kop
                                            M. Schrijver
                                            M. Schrijver
                                            0
                                            9
                                            191

                                          • still no (Beta) Update 6.0.0 -514
                                            Stanisław
                                            Stanisław
                                            0
                                            2
                                            26

                                          • MRA 6.0.0 - 515 Carplay folder twice
                                            Corjan Meijerink
                                            Corjan Meijerink
                                            0
                                            2
                                            30

                                          MY GROUPS
                                          • Login

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Categories
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Support
                                          • MyRoute-app