Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. The MyRoute-app
  3. [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
  4. Via-punt niet herkend - te kleine marge

Via-punt niet herkend - te kleine marge

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
29 Posts 10 Posters 10.7k Views 2 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Nick Carthew Nick Carthew

    @Stefan-Hummelink @Con-Hennekens As someone who has zero knowledge of any of the technical matters that you two are discussing, I find myself becoming slightly aroused with your conversation 😁

    Con Hennekens
    Con Hennekens
    Con Hennekens
    Alpha tester
    wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @Nick-Carthew, I am glad for you that you reach such a state on written words alone πŸ˜‰ I am the first to admit my knowledge on the subject is rather slim. I am just trying to wrap my head around the problem at hand.

    @Stefan-Hummelink, yes I am aware that the app itself does not talk directly to the hardware. But if devs want to solve this, they first must know what to solve. In my imagination, while the hardware switches from antenna to antenna, there will be a short moment of "no data" while the signal strength is high. The problem is that switching antennas can happen literally ANY time. implementing an internet connection bandwidth test will NOT prevent the hardware from switching towers, resulting in a short "no data" phase. If we know that, for example, the "no data" phase of such a switch is 20ms, dev could perhaps implement a second calculation event 50ms after the first one fails. Probably enough to overcome a no data phase, and little enough for anyone to notice. All completely hypothetical of course.

    @Nick-Carthew, are you okay? πŸ˜‰

    I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

    Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

    Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

    Nick Carthew 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

      @Nick-Carthew, I am glad for you that you reach such a state on written words alone πŸ˜‰ I am the first to admit my knowledge on the subject is rather slim. I am just trying to wrap my head around the problem at hand.

      @Stefan-Hummelink, yes I am aware that the app itself does not talk directly to the hardware. But if devs want to solve this, they first must know what to solve. In my imagination, while the hardware switches from antenna to antenna, there will be a short moment of "no data" while the signal strength is high. The problem is that switching antennas can happen literally ANY time. implementing an internet connection bandwidth test will NOT prevent the hardware from switching towers, resulting in a short "no data" phase. If we know that, for example, the "no data" phase of such a switch is 20ms, dev could perhaps implement a second calculation event 50ms after the first one fails. Probably enough to overcome a no data phase, and little enough for anyone to notice. All completely hypothetical of course.

      @Nick-Carthew, are you okay? πŸ˜‰

      Nick Carthew
      Nick Carthew
      Nick Carthew
      RouteXpert
      wrote on last edited by
      #20

      @Con-Hennekens said in Via-punt niet herkend - te kleine marge:

      @Nick-Carthew, are you okay? πŸ˜‰

      I'm lying back now and having a cigarette πŸ˜‰

      Always willing to help if I can.
      Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT called Tina.
      MRA Navigation Next and SilverFox BJ8

      Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Nick Carthew Nick Carthew

        @Con-Hennekens said in Via-punt niet herkend - te kleine marge:

        @Nick-Carthew, are you okay? πŸ˜‰

        I'm lying back now and having a cigarette πŸ˜‰

        Con Hennekens
        Con Hennekens
        Con Hennekens
        Alpha tester
        wrote on last edited by
        #21

        @Nick-Carthew said in Via-punt niet herkend - te kleine marge:

        I'm lying back now and having a cigarette

        🀣 🀣 🀣

        I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

        Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

        Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • reinier.beenengmail.com
          reinier.beenengmail.com
          reinier.beenengmail.com
          wrote on last edited by
          #22

          Today I drove on the A12 near Gouda and saw 2 times that the app was going offline for a moment. Just a few seconds and than it was back again. That’s a problem I’ve never had before. This must be a bug in the MRA-app.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • Tom Cat
            Tom Cat
            Tom Cat
            wrote on last edited by
            #23

            I experienced the same issue as the OP this week. At first I thought maybe my waypoint was off the road. I knew where I was going so it didn't matter but when I got home and checked the route, the waypoint was on the road.

            It also happened at the end of two different routes with my endpoint. I rode through the final waypoint and it kept trying to route me back to it. I am using a Pixel 7 and this happened once on my phone and twice through Android Auto.

            Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Tom Cat Tom Cat

              I experienced the same issue as the OP this week. At first I thought maybe my waypoint was off the road. I knew where I was going so it didn't matter but when I got home and checked the route, the waypoint was on the road.

              It also happened at the end of two different routes with my endpoint. I rode through the final waypoint and it kept trying to route me back to it. I am using a Pixel 7 and this happened once on my phone and twice through Android Auto.

              Con Hennekens
              Con Hennekens
              Con Hennekens
              Alpha tester
              wrote on last edited by
              #24

              @Tom-Cat said in Via-punt niet herkend - te kleine marge:

              I rode through the final waypoint and it kept trying to route me back to it.

              This is by design. If you pass the finish, it will keep calculating to it, in case you need the assistance.

              I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

              Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

              Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

              Tom Cat 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

                @Tom-Cat said in Via-punt niet herkend - te kleine marge:

                I rode through the final waypoint and it kept trying to route me back to it.

                This is by design. If you pass the finish, it will keep calculating to it, in case you need the assistance.

                Tom Cat
                Tom Cat
                Tom Cat
                wrote on last edited by
                #25

                @Con-Hennekens said in Via-punt niet herkend - te kleine marge:

                @Tom-Cat said in Via-punt niet herkend - te kleine marge:

                I rode through the final waypoint and it kept trying to route me back to it.

                This is by design. If you pass the finish, it will keep calculating to it, in case you need the assistance.

                This is a bit unusual. I've never seen that in a navigation app before.

                Stefan Hummelink 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • Tom Cat Tom Cat

                  @Con-Hennekens said in Via-punt niet herkend - te kleine marge:

                  @Tom-Cat said in Via-punt niet herkend - te kleine marge:

                  I rode through the final waypoint and it kept trying to route me back to it.

                  This is by design. If you pass the finish, it will keep calculating to it, in case you need the assistance.

                  This is a bit unusual. I've never seen that in a navigation app before.

                  Stefan Hummelink
                  Stefan Hummelink
                  Stefan Hummelink
                  Alpha tester
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #26

                  @Tom-Cat I prefer it that way though!

                  Manks bu'j te bange.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • TorqueRider
                    TorqueRider
                    TorqueRider
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #27

                    I find it inconvenient. Extra work and annoying.

                    Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • TorqueRider TorqueRider

                      I find it inconvenient. Extra work and annoying.

                      Con Hennekens
                      Con Hennekens
                      Con Hennekens
                      Alpha tester
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #28

                      @Jack-van-Tilburg, it's ideal. You don't have to restart the route of you need to go around the block. It's VERY convenient. About what extra work are you talking?

                      Thereby, it has been discussed before. It's by design, so it is what it is.

                      I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                      Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                      Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                      TorqueRider 1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

                        @Jack-van-Tilburg, it's ideal. You don't have to restart the route of you need to go around the block. It's VERY convenient. About what extra work are you talking?

                        Thereby, it has been discussed before. It's by design, so it is what it is.

                        TorqueRider
                        TorqueRider
                        TorqueRider
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #29

                        @Con-Hennekens said in Via-punt niet herkend - te kleine marge:

                        Thereby, it has been discussed before. It's by design, so it is what it is.

                        So no further reaction is necessary.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        1

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        Reply
                        • Reply as topic
                        Log in to reply
                        • Oldest to Newest
                        • Newest to Oldest
                        • Most Votes


                        • 1
                        • 2
                        ACTIVE USERS
                        Corjan Meijerink
                        Corjan Meijerink
                        Stefan Hummelink
                        Stefan Hummelink
                        Con Hennekens
                        Con Hennekens
                        Dave J 0
                        Dave J 0
                        Nick Carthew
                        Nick Carthew
                        Arno 0
                        Arno 0
                        reinier.beenengmail.com
                        reinier.beenengmail.com
                        Vincent Curren
                        Vincent Curren
                        TorqueRider
                        TorqueRider
                        Tom Cat
                        Tom Cat
                        POPULAR TOPICS
                        • [NL] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                          superg
                          superg
                          5
                          97
                          3.5k

                        • Altitude numbers size
                          Ed Lauwerens 0
                          Ed Lauwerens 0
                          0
                          6
                          170

                        • Seizoensafsluitingen
                          Travellexxie
                          Travellexxie
                          0
                          5
                          125

                        • Elektrisch voertuig
                          Arno van Lochem - Senior RX
                          Arno van Lochem - Senior RX
                          0
                          23
                          904

                        • Eerste keer MRA met Android auto, een wat mindere ervaring
                          AWDC LAO
                          AWDC LAO
                          0
                          5
                          107

                        • 5 dagen Harz.. 2 problemen met AA
                          Travellexxie
                          Travellexxie
                          0
                          5
                          224

                        • [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                          Con Hennekens
                          Con Hennekens
                          9
                          94
                          3.6k

                        • Garmin Satnav vs MRA Navigation Next
                          Peter Zehentreiter
                          Peter Zehentreiter
                          0
                          7
                          207

                        MY GROUPS
                        • Login

                        • Login or register to search.
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        0
                        • Categories
                        • Recent
                        • Popular
                        • Support
                        • MyRoute-app