Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. MyRoute-app Routeplanner
  3. [Web] Suggestions and Discussion
  4. Default map

Default map

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [Web] Suggestions and Discussion
5 Posts 5 Posters 1.9k Views 3 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • iain.gardengmail.com
    iain.gardengmail.com
    iain.gardengmail.com
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Why is it that you cannot choose your preferred default route map format for new and existing routes to open in? I like planning routes in Google maps format, but every time I load a map, even one I completed in Google format, I have to change it from Here format first (ok, but not the one I usually want to use). It's very annoying. I am aware that the system doesn't use Google maps to calculate routes, but I don't see why there cannot be a system setting to default to your preferred format.

    HABVEN aka MrMRA 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • iain.gardengmail.com iain.gardengmail.com

      Why is it that you cannot choose your preferred default route map format for new and existing routes to open in? I like planning routes in Google maps format, but every time I load a map, even one I completed in Google format, I have to change it from Here format first (ok, but not the one I usually want to use). It's very annoying. I am aware that the system doesn't use Google maps to calculate routes, but I don't see why there cannot be a system setting to default to your preferred format.

      HABVEN aka MrMRA
      HABVEN aka MrMRA
      HABVEN aka MrMRA
      Valued contributor
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @iain-gardengmail-com

      You can do that, open a route, go to the drop-down list where the 3 maps are selectable and choose the map that you want as the default map

      BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
      Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

      Stefan Hummelink Rob Verhoeff 2 Replies Last reply
      0
      • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

        @iain-gardengmail-com

        You can do that, open a route, go to the drop-down list where the 3 maps are selectable and choose the map that you want as the default map

        Stefan Hummelink
        Stefan Hummelink
        Stefan Hummelink
        Alpha tester
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master I believe TS is talking about the overlays, and not the maps, HERE, TomTom or OSM. The default overlay cannot be adjusted as far as I know.

        Manks bu'j te bange.

        Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
        1
        • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

          @iain-gardengmail-com

          You can do that, open a route, go to the drop-down list where the 3 maps are selectable and choose the map that you want as the default map

          Rob Verhoeff
          Rob Verhoeff
          Rob Verhoeff
          Alpha tester
          wrote on last edited by Rob Verhoeff
          #4

          @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master @Stefan-Hummelink yep you're right. The overlay changes with the map you choose. So, OSM, TomTom or Here.

          šŸļø BMW K1600GT-P (2013) | Nolan N100-5 with Sena 30K
          šŸ“± iOS on iPhone 13 & 16 (mounted on Quadlock or AliExpress extention on BMW-cradle)
          šŸš™ Apple CarPlay in VW T-Roc
          šŸ’» Routelab on MacBook Air & iMac (Golden Gate & Ventura)

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • Stefan Hummelink Stefan Hummelink

            @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master I believe TS is talking about the overlays, and not the maps, HERE, TomTom or OSM. The default overlay cannot be adjusted as far as I know.

            Con Hennekens
            Con Hennekens
            Con Hennekens
            Alpha tester
            wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @Stefan-Hummelink said in Default map:

            The default overlay cannot be adjusted as far as I know.

            No, it cannot indeed.

            @Rob-Verhoeff said in Default map:

            The overlay changes with the map you choose.

            Not sure what you mean, but the chosen overlay does not stick when you change maps. You will need to choose the desired overlay again after switching maps.

            I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

            Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

            Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

            1 Reply Last reply
            0

            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

            With your input, this post could be even better šŸ’—

            Register Login
            Reply
            • Reply as topic
            Log in to reply
            • Oldest to Newest
            • Newest to Oldest
            • Most Votes


            ACTIVE USERS
            Rob Verhoeff
            Rob Verhoeff
            Stefan Hummelink
            Stefan Hummelink
            Con Hennekens
            Con Hennekens
            HABVEN aka MrMRA
            HABVEN aka MrMRA
            iain.gardengmail.com
            iain.gardengmail.com
            POPULAR TOPICS
            • [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
              Vince Hyde
              Vince Hyde
              9
              122
              11.4k

            • LAN004 - Route Import filetypes
              Lluis Arasanz
              Lluis Arasanz
              0
              10
              22

            • Issues on one-way streets when reversing routes
              b0hd1
              b0hd1
              0
              7
              21

            • Probleem met eigen Stay
              Albert van den Elsen
              Albert van den Elsen
              0
              5
              12

            • I need help with the track navigation settings
              Peter Zehentreiter
              Peter Zehentreiter
              0
              5
              69

            • LAN005 - Data from calculator in toolkit
              Lluis Arasanz
              Lluis Arasanz
              0
              4
              18

            • F002 POI Create groups - why this map
              Hubert Thoring
              Hubert Thoring
              0
              4
              22

            • POI functie 'strict'
              Corjan Meijerink
              Corjan Meijerink
              1
              4
              15

            MY GROUPS
            • Login

            • Login or register to search.
            • First post
              Last post
            0
            • Categories
            • Recent
            • Popular
            • Support
            • MyRoute-app