Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. [App-Beta] The MyRoute-app
  3. [App-Beta] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
  4. Position Error

Position Error

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [App-Beta] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
34 Posts 11 Posters 443 Views 4 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Stefan Hummelink Stefan Hummelink

    @Stuart-Greer Great, I am very curious!

    If you're phone supports split screen, you could really run the apps in parallel. Perhaps make a screen recording to see whether the track line in relation to the cursor changes. In my case I can observe a very distinct change when it comes to the track line relative to the cursor. 😃

    Stuart Greer
    Stuart Greer
    Stuart Greer
    wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @StefanHummelink hi Stephan, as per your suggestion I ran both apps in split screen this morning on a run into Glasgow City centre and it was perfect. I had it zoomed in to the max and it was as good as any sat nav.
    Thanks for your help

    1 Reply Last reply
    1
    • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink

      This is all very interesting indeed!
      My testing device for Android has no other apps installed that use location services - only MRA.
      My positioning is spot on like with iOS or your observation with another app running.

      We will definitely use these findings to further investigate 🙂

      Stuart Greer
      Stuart Greer
      Stuart Greer
      wrote on last edited by
      #19

      @Corjan-Meijerink excellent, the app is really good and getting better and better.
      Looking forward to the camper functionality in the future

      1 Reply Last reply
      1
      • Dave J 0
        Dave J 0
        Dave J 0
        Valued contributor
        wrote on last edited by
        #20

        @StefanHummelink @Stuart-Greer Just done some more testing this morning and you really notice the difference and lag (especially when turning) after Flitsmeister running in the background is closed. Turned Flitsmeister off and on multiple times during a route to double check what we are seeing. Really strange but with Flitsmeister on in the background, the position is spot on and direction changes quick.

        Kind Regards. Help where I can.
        Ducati Multistrada V4 Rally
        iPhone 18 Pro
        CHIGEE AIO-6 LTE
        Google Pixel 6 Pro - mounted on SP Connect Plus
        Ex Garmin XT2 and XT1 as well as Ex TomTom Rider User

        Stefan Hummelink 1 Reply Last reply
        1
        • Dave J 0 Dave J 0

          @StefanHummelink @Stuart-Greer Just done some more testing this morning and you really notice the difference and lag (especially when turning) after Flitsmeister running in the background is closed. Turned Flitsmeister off and on multiple times during a route to double check what we are seeing. Really strange but with Flitsmeister on in the background, the position is spot on and direction changes quick.

          Stefan Hummelink
          Stefan Hummelink
          Stefan Hummelink
          Alpha tester
          wrote on last edited by
          #21

          @Dave-J-0 @Stuart-Greer Woa, thanks a lot guys!

          This may help @Corjan-Meijerink in solving the issue. Let's cross our fingers and put all our money on him. 😃

          Manks bu'j te bange.

          Corjan Meijerink 1 Reply Last reply
          3
          • Stefan Hummelink Stefan Hummelink

            @Dave-J-0 @Stuart-Greer Woa, thanks a lot guys!

            This may help @Corjan-Meijerink in solving the issue. Let's cross our fingers and put all our money on him. 😃

            Corjan Meijerink
            Corjan Meijerink
            Corjan Meijerink
            Developer
            wrote on last edited by
            #22

            @StefanHummelink Where can I share my bank details with you? I'd more than happy carry all your money 😃

            Stefan Hummelink Rob Verhoeff 2 Replies Last reply
            1
            • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink

              @StefanHummelink Where can I share my bank details with you? I'd more than happy carry all your money 😃

              Stefan Hummelink
              Stefan Hummelink
              Stefan Hummelink
              Alpha tester
              wrote on last edited by
              #23

              @Corjan-Meijerink I don't own my money, my wife does. 😃

              Manks bu'j te bange.

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Jörgen
                Jörgen
                Jörgen
                Valued contributor
                wrote on last edited by
                #24

                Ah, good to know that I am not alone. My Minister of Finance also has the total control. 😂

                Hardware
                iPhone 12 pro (iOS 26.2.1)
                iPad (7.Gen.) 18.7.3
                Oukitel RT3 Pro (Andr. 14)
                Wireless CarPlay mit (Elebest C650)
                Wired CarPlay (SEAT Arona - 2021)
                MRA Workshops in Deutsch sind hier zu finden

                1 Reply Last reply
                1
                • Con Hennekens
                  Con Hennekens
                  Con Hennekens
                  Alpha tester
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #25

                  It's about time we MEN stand up for ourselves and become financially independent of our wives!

                  I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                  Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                  Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                  Nick Carthew Stefan Hummelink 2 Replies Last reply
                  1
                  • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

                    It's about time we MEN stand up for ourselves and become financially independent of our wives!

                    Nick Carthew
                    Nick Carthew
                    Nick Carthew
                    RouteXpert
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #26

                    @Con-Hennekens said in Position Error:

                    It's about time we MEN stand up for ourselves and become financially independent of our wives!

                    You go first and we’ll look at the consequences 😀

                    Always willing to help if I can.
                    Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT called Tina.
                    MRA Navigation Next and SilverFox BJ8

                    Bart De Medts Con Hennekens 2 Replies Last reply
                    2
                    • Nick Carthew Nick Carthew

                      @Con-Hennekens said in Position Error:

                      It's about time we MEN stand up for ourselves and become financially independent of our wives!

                      You go first and we’ll look at the consequences 😀

                      Bart De Medts
                      Bart De Medts
                      Bart De Medts
                      Alpha tester
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #27

                      @Nick-Carthew very good suggestion 😄

                      🏍️ Tiger: DMD Nor7e + SilverFox controller
                      🏍️ Bobber: iPhone 15 Pro + Quad Lock mount
                      🚗 Car: iPhone 15 Pro with wireless Apple CarPlay

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

                        It's about time we MEN stand up for ourselves and become financially independent of our wives!

                        Stefan Hummelink
                        Stefan Hummelink
                        Stefan Hummelink
                        Alpha tester
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #28

                        @Con-Hennekens As @Nick-Carthew already said, put your money where your mouth is! 😃

                        Manks bu'j te bange.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • Nick Carthew Nick Carthew

                          @Con-Hennekens said in Position Error:

                          It's about time we MEN stand up for ourselves and become financially independent of our wives!

                          You go first and we’ll look at the consequences 😀

                          Con Hennekens
                          Con Hennekens
                          Con Hennekens
                          Alpha tester
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #29

                          @Nick-Carthew, hmmm. long way to go I see 🤣

                          I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                          Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                          Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink

                            @StefanHummelink Where can I share my bank details with you? I'd more than happy carry all your money 😃

                            Rob Verhoeff
                            Rob Verhoeff
                            Rob Verhoeff
                            Alpha tester
                            wrote on last edited by
                            #30

                            @Corjan-Meijerink said in Position Error:

                            I'd more than happy carry all your money

                            Carry it? Call me when I can spend it! 😜

                            🏍️ BMW K1600GT-P (2013) | Nolan N100-5 with Sena 30K
                            📱 iOS on iPhone 13 & 16 (mounted on Quadlock or AliExpress extention on BMW-cradle)
                            🚙 Apple CarPlay in VW T-Roc
                            💻 Routelab on MacBook Air & iMac (Golden Gate & Ventura)

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • Stuart Greer Stuart Greer

                              Samsung S22+ Android 13
                              Updated to the new version which I think is really good and a huge step forward .
                              The zoom feature is superb

                              The position error is still there and I calculated that the map lags my actual position by between 100 and 120m. I missed a few turnings as a result of this.

                              Lynchy67
                              Lynchy67
                              Lynchy67
                              Valued contributor
                              wrote on last edited by Lynchy67
                              #31

                              @Stuart-Greer

                              For comparison of different Samsung Phones regarding the position lag.

                              The video below shows my Galaxy S21+ 5G.
                              Build is 4.0.0, I will record the same video when 4.0.1 is available for Android.

                              Excuse the wind noise from the GoPro as I wanted to get some Tiger loveliness in the Audio.

                              The syncing of the GoPro and the S21+ inbuilt Screen Recording was synced as best I could at the first turn for the Screen Recording and the GoPro.

                              Android 13
                              Screen Brightness 50%
                              OneUI 5.1
                              Power Source 2.1 Amp Dual Port Din (Only one port ever used)
                              Quad Lock Wireless and Dampener mounted on a 1” Ball so I can easily remove it when out and about and put it in the Back Box.
                              I never login to the Samsung Account on my Android Phones and avoid Bixby at all costs.

                              Video is realtime.

                              Video Link:
                              https://youtu.be/-azFCa3G8kY

                              You don’t stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding.

                              Stefan Hummelink Stuart Greer 2 Replies Last reply
                              0
                              • Lynchy67 Lynchy67

                                @Stuart-Greer

                                For comparison of different Samsung Phones regarding the position lag.

                                The video below shows my Galaxy S21+ 5G.
                                Build is 4.0.0, I will record the same video when 4.0.1 is available for Android.

                                Excuse the wind noise from the GoPro as I wanted to get some Tiger loveliness in the Audio.

                                The syncing of the GoPro and the S21+ inbuilt Screen Recording was synced as best I could at the first turn for the Screen Recording and the GoPro.

                                Android 13
                                Screen Brightness 50%
                                OneUI 5.1
                                Power Source 2.1 Amp Dual Port Din (Only one port ever used)
                                Quad Lock Wireless and Dampener mounted on a 1” Ball so I can easily remove it when out and about and put it in the Back Box.
                                I never login to the Samsung Account on my Android Phones and avoid Bixby at all costs.

                                Video is realtime.

                                Video Link:
                                https://youtu.be/-azFCa3G8kY

                                Stefan Hummelink
                                Stefan Hummelink
                                Stefan Hummelink
                                Alpha tester
                                wrote on last edited by
                                #32

                                @Lynchy67 Well, yours is truly spot on! I'm seriously jealous. Gosh!

                                Manks bu'j te bange.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • Lynchy67 Lynchy67

                                  @Stuart-Greer

                                  For comparison of different Samsung Phones regarding the position lag.

                                  The video below shows my Galaxy S21+ 5G.
                                  Build is 4.0.0, I will record the same video when 4.0.1 is available for Android.

                                  Excuse the wind noise from the GoPro as I wanted to get some Tiger loveliness in the Audio.

                                  The syncing of the GoPro and the S21+ inbuilt Screen Recording was synced as best I could at the first turn for the Screen Recording and the GoPro.

                                  Android 13
                                  Screen Brightness 50%
                                  OneUI 5.1
                                  Power Source 2.1 Amp Dual Port Din (Only one port ever used)
                                  Quad Lock Wireless and Dampener mounted on a 1” Ball so I can easily remove it when out and about and put it in the Back Box.
                                  I never login to the Samsung Account on my Android Phones and avoid Bixby at all costs.

                                  Video is realtime.

                                  Video Link:
                                  https://youtu.be/-azFCa3G8kY

                                  Stuart Greer
                                  Stuart Greer
                                  Stuart Greer
                                  wrote on last edited by
                                  #33

                                  @Lynchy67 that seemed to work really well, nice bike. I tried the new Tiger earlier this year and really liked it

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • Dave J 0
                                    Dave J 0
                                    Dave J 0
                                    Valued contributor
                                    wrote on last edited by
                                    #34

                                    @Lynchy67 Nice run and your GPS is spot on. Mine is only like that with Flismeister running in the background. 🤣 Nice bike as well.

                                    Kind Regards. Help where I can.
                                    Ducati Multistrada V4 Rally
                                    iPhone 18 Pro
                                    CHIGEE AIO-6 LTE
                                    Google Pixel 6 Pro - mounted on SP Connect Plus
                                    Ex Garmin XT2 and XT1 as well as Ex TomTom Rider User

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    1

                                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                    Register Login
                                    Reply
                                    • Reply as topic
                                    Log in to reply
                                    • Oldest to Newest
                                    • Newest to Oldest
                                    • Most Votes


                                    • 1
                                    • 2
                                    ACTIVE USERS
                                    Corjan Meijerink
                                    Corjan Meijerink
                                    Stefan Hummelink
                                    Stefan Hummelink
                                    Rob Verhoeff
                                    Rob Verhoeff
                                    Con Hennekens
                                    Con Hennekens
                                    Jörgen
                                    Jörgen
                                    Nick Carthew
                                    Nick Carthew
                                    Bart De Medts
                                    Bart De Medts
                                    Dave J 0
                                    Dave J 0
                                    bert74
                                    bert74
                                    Lynchy67
                                    Lynchy67
                                    Stuart Greer
                                    Stuart Greer
                                    POPULAR TOPICS
                                    • Strange translation
                                      Stefan Hummelink
                                      Stefan Hummelink
                                      0
                                      15
                                      43

                                    • [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                                      martin-phogel.de
                                      martin-phogel.de
                                      9
                                      114
                                      10.7k

                                    • Add delete route button to library
                                      Corjan Meijerink
                                      Corjan Meijerink
                                      0
                                      9
                                      26

                                    • Undo/Redo tool is hidden
                                      b0hd1
                                      b0hd1
                                      0
                                      7
                                      14

                                    • LAN004 - Route Import filetypes
                                      Lluis Arasanz
                                      Lluis Arasanz
                                      0
                                      6
                                      9

                                    • A07 Shared Route Collaboration – Change Log?
                                      Corjan Meijerink
                                      Corjan Meijerink
                                      0
                                      6
                                      21

                                    • Shared toggle switch
                                      LennyO
                                      LennyO
                                      0
                                      7
                                      31

                                    • Crazy routing
                                      Hubert Thoring
                                      Hubert Thoring
                                      0
                                      7
                                      26

                                    MY GROUPS
                                    • Login

                                    • Login or register to search.
                                    • First post
                                      Last post
                                    0
                                    • Categories
                                    • Recent
                                    • Popular
                                    • Support
                                    • MyRoute-app