Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. [Beta] The MyRoute-app
  3. [Beta] Suggestions and Discussions
  4. Warning of errors in calculation

Warning of errors in calculation

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [Beta] Suggestions and Discussions
3 Posts 3 Posters 57 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • David Bonner
    David Bonner
    David Bonner
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    DF21AFD3-5601-4F39-A8BB-4C0780D55D81.png

    524F39F7-3179-4593-BFDF-150E20545515_1_201_a.jpeg

    When planning an ‘A to B’ route I often receive a warning of errors in the calculation. These errors are numbered on the route and highlighted with exclamation marks, however there is no further detail of what the problem is, or what to do about it - see attached screenshots. The highlighted areas don’t appear to be associated with congestion, roadworks or closures. Can I still navigate the route? There is also an orange time notification, which I have highlighted, again no explanation of what this means. Interestingly these error notifications only seem to occur with ‘A to B’ routes, not when navigating a pre-planned route with waypoints.

    Can anyone shed light on this mystery?

    On a related point, I have noticed that searching for a destination will also flag up my saved routes, if as in the case of the attached screenshot, the name of the destination is included in the route title. I was searching for 'Southend'. Not a big problem, but I do not think this is necessary or a benefit - if wanted a route I would go to that screen of the app.

    3CBCA385-E26D-413D-A2BF-39FFC236CED7.png

    Steve Lynch Corjan Meijerink 2 Replies Last reply
    0
    • David Bonner David Bonner

      DF21AFD3-5601-4F39-A8BB-4C0780D55D81.png

      524F39F7-3179-4593-BFDF-150E20545515_1_201_a.jpeg

      When planning an ‘A to B’ route I often receive a warning of errors in the calculation. These errors are numbered on the route and highlighted with exclamation marks, however there is no further detail of what the problem is, or what to do about it - see attached screenshots. The highlighted areas don’t appear to be associated with congestion, roadworks or closures. Can I still navigate the route? There is also an orange time notification, which I have highlighted, again no explanation of what this means. Interestingly these error notifications only seem to occur with ‘A to B’ routes, not when navigating a pre-planned route with waypoints.

      Can anyone shed light on this mystery?

      On a related point, I have noticed that searching for a destination will also flag up my saved routes, if as in the case of the attached screenshot, the name of the destination is included in the route title. I was searching for 'Southend'. Not a big problem, but I do not think this is necessary or a benefit - if wanted a route I would go to that screen of the app.

      3CBCA385-E26D-413D-A2BF-39FFC236CED7.png

      Steve Lynch
      Steve Lynch
      Steve Lynch
      Valued contributor
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @David-Bonner

      Personally I ignore the warnings.
      They have never had an impact on a Route-Track for me.

      You don’t stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • David Bonner David Bonner

        DF21AFD3-5601-4F39-A8BB-4C0780D55D81.png

        524F39F7-3179-4593-BFDF-150E20545515_1_201_a.jpeg

        When planning an ‘A to B’ route I often receive a warning of errors in the calculation. These errors are numbered on the route and highlighted with exclamation marks, however there is no further detail of what the problem is, or what to do about it - see attached screenshots. The highlighted areas don’t appear to be associated with congestion, roadworks or closures. Can I still navigate the route? There is also an orange time notification, which I have highlighted, again no explanation of what this means. Interestingly these error notifications only seem to occur with ‘A to B’ routes, not when navigating a pre-planned route with waypoints.

        Can anyone shed light on this mystery?

        On a related point, I have noticed that searching for a destination will also flag up my saved routes, if as in the case of the attached screenshot, the name of the destination is included in the route title. I was searching for 'Southend'. Not a big problem, but I do not think this is necessary or a benefit - if wanted a route I would go to that screen of the app.

        3CBCA385-E26D-413D-A2BF-39FFC236CED7.png

        Corjan Meijerink
        Corjan Meijerink
        Corjan Meijerink
        Developer
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @David-Bonner thanks for the feedback!

        Regarding the errors in calculation, they just hint at locations where something might be wrong. Think about differences in mal data between OSM and HERE (as routes are generated with OSM). Also road closures, 180 degree turns etc might be a location with an error. There is nothing you can do about the errors (at this stage), they simply inform you. Ignoring them is a great idea as @Steve-Lynch said.

        The search functionality will be improved in a later stage! 🙂

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink referenced this topic on

        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

        Register Login
        Reply
        • Reply as topic
        Log in to reply
        • Oldest to Newest
        • Newest to Oldest
        • Most Votes


        ACTIVE USERS
        Corjan Meijerink
        Corjan Meijerink
        Steve Lynch
        Steve Lynch
        David Bonner
        David Bonner
        POPULAR TOPICS
        • My Routeapp Stays questions
          Lluis Arasanz
          Lluis Arasanz
          0
          5
          21

        • Where is the "Routes" option?
          Bart De Medts
          Bart De Medts
          0
          4
          18

        • Problem Switching App to Beta RoutePlanner
          Rob Verhoeff
          Rob Verhoeff
          0
          7
          46

        • Foutmelding In MRA Next
          Hans Lamers
          Hans Lamers
          0
          3
          8

        • LAN001 - Statistics data from a Tracklog and Map improvment
          Lluis Arasanz
          Lluis Arasanz
          0
          3
          12

        • [Request] Recent changes on webplanner...
          Lluis Arasanz
          Lluis Arasanz
          0
          3
          11

        • Strange translation
          Lluis Arasanz
          Lluis Arasanz
          0
          3
          4

        • Kort voorstellen
          Rob Verhoeff
          Rob Verhoeff
          1
          2
          18

        MY GROUPS
        • Login

        • Login or register to search.
        • First post
          Last post
        0
        • Categories
        • Recent
        • Popular
        • Support
        • MyRoute-app