Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. New Users' corner
  3. Hello from The Netherlands

Hello from The Netherlands

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved New Users' corner
6 Posts 5 Posters 1.7k Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Linda Wouters
    Linda Wouters
    Linda Wouters
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Hi there, My name is Linda, I'm 56 years old ๐Ÿคฆ and I love to ride my motorbike, especially in Germany. My husband Ron used to ride as well, but he just stopped liking it and sold his bike. ๐Ÿ˜ž Thank goodness we have one son (out of three) who also loves to ride.

    I have a TomTom Rider 550 since 3 years, but I've owned several Garmin devices before I got the TT. I've never been able to completely use them like I should. I just need the damn things to not get lost and to ride some nice routes.

    Last year I went to Germany (Schwarzwald) with a friend and luckily, she liked making routes, so she did and shared them with me. This year however, I'm going with my youngest son ๐Ÿ‘ถ and to make things even more complicated, he has this BMW Navigator V device. He doesn't have a clue on how to make routes with it. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

    So I sat behind my laptop for a whole day and managed to update the Navigator, bought the Gold membership for the MyRoute app and finally figured out the advantages of that. It was actually quite fun to make the routes and it wasn't all that difficult to load them into the Navigator either.

    Some things are still a bit misty for me. For instance, why are there so many route points in a route? I've taken away about 70% of them, because you have to zoom in on every point to check if it's in the right place. Should I use more of them? Am I missing the point? ๐Ÿ˜‚

    Anyway, I still have a few weeks left to practice before we'll go to Germany again. (Eifel+Schwarzwald) Let's hope I won't get us lost in the woods.

    sudolea Travellexxie Hans van de Ven MR.MRA 3 Replies Last reply
    0
    • Linda Wouters Linda Wouters

      Hi there, My name is Linda, I'm 56 years old ๐Ÿคฆ and I love to ride my motorbike, especially in Germany. My husband Ron used to ride as well, but he just stopped liking it and sold his bike. ๐Ÿ˜ž Thank goodness we have one son (out of three) who also loves to ride.

      I have a TomTom Rider 550 since 3 years, but I've owned several Garmin devices before I got the TT. I've never been able to completely use them like I should. I just need the damn things to not get lost and to ride some nice routes.

      Last year I went to Germany (Schwarzwald) with a friend and luckily, she liked making routes, so she did and shared them with me. This year however, I'm going with my youngest son ๐Ÿ‘ถ and to make things even more complicated, he has this BMW Navigator V device. He doesn't have a clue on how to make routes with it. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

      So I sat behind my laptop for a whole day and managed to update the Navigator, bought the Gold membership for the MyRoute app and finally figured out the advantages of that. It was actually quite fun to make the routes and it wasn't all that difficult to load them into the Navigator either.

      Some things are still a bit misty for me. For instance, why are there so many route points in a route? I've taken away about 70% of them, because you have to zoom in on every point to check if it's in the right place. Should I use more of them? Am I missing the point? ๐Ÿ˜‚

      Anyway, I still have a few weeks left to practice before we'll go to Germany again. (Eifel+Schwarzwald) Let's hope I won't get us lost in the woods.

      sudolea
      sudolea
      sudolea
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @linda-wouters I wouldn't especially state that you'd need more route points. However, if you have less of them, you might end up in obtaining (at times significantly) different routes if loading the same route into 2 different devices. I suggest you compare while still being at home, between the 2 devices, the routes once they have been uploaded to avoid (at times significantly) different routes in both devices (or work with tracks instead). In this regard, you may want to have a look at a recent topic : https://forum.myrouteapp.com/topic/2039/shared-routes-different-devices/6

      P.S. Hint : if you see, in your next Eifel/Schwarzwald trip, a panel pointing to "Paris", you should consider yourself lost.

      Inge Bakermans 1 Reply Last reply
      1
      • sudolea sudolea

        @linda-wouters I wouldn't especially state that you'd need more route points. However, if you have less of them, you might end up in obtaining (at times significantly) different routes if loading the same route into 2 different devices. I suggest you compare while still being at home, between the 2 devices, the routes once they have been uploaded to avoid (at times significantly) different routes in both devices (or work with tracks instead). In this regard, you may want to have a look at a recent topic : https://forum.myrouteapp.com/topic/2039/shared-routes-different-devices/6

        P.S. Hint : if you see, in your next Eifel/Schwarzwald trip, a panel pointing to "Paris", you should consider yourself lost.

        Inge Bakermans
        Inge Bakermans
        Inge Bakermans
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @sudolea As Sudolea already stated - make sure you have plenty of route points in your route - make sure you have 1 every 5/6km so the route will be the same no matter which device you use.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • Linda Wouters Linda Wouters

          Hi there, My name is Linda, I'm 56 years old ๐Ÿคฆ and I love to ride my motorbike, especially in Germany. My husband Ron used to ride as well, but he just stopped liking it and sold his bike. ๐Ÿ˜ž Thank goodness we have one son (out of three) who also loves to ride.

          I have a TomTom Rider 550 since 3 years, but I've owned several Garmin devices before I got the TT. I've never been able to completely use them like I should. I just need the damn things to not get lost and to ride some nice routes.

          Last year I went to Germany (Schwarzwald) with a friend and luckily, she liked making routes, so she did and shared them with me. This year however, I'm going with my youngest son ๐Ÿ‘ถ and to make things even more complicated, he has this BMW Navigator V device. He doesn't have a clue on how to make routes with it. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

          So I sat behind my laptop for a whole day and managed to update the Navigator, bought the Gold membership for the MyRoute app and finally figured out the advantages of that. It was actually quite fun to make the routes and it wasn't all that difficult to load them into the Navigator either.

          Some things are still a bit misty for me. For instance, why are there so many route points in a route? I've taken away about 70% of them, because you have to zoom in on every point to check if it's in the right place. Should I use more of them? Am I missing the point? ๐Ÿ˜‚

          Anyway, I still have a few weeks left to practice before we'll go to Germany again. (Eifel+Schwarzwald) Let's hope I won't get us lost in the woods.

          Travellexxie
          Travellexxie
          Travellexxie
          Valued contributor
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @linda-wouters hi Linda, greetings from the Eifel from a Dutch guy ๐Ÿ™‚
          If you are looking for nice routes in Germany you are on the right spot. I will try to transfer this week some of my German routes from Basecamp to MRA, so follow the Eifel and Schwarzwald.

          For your own routes, consider that more is less, but less is not always better ๐Ÿ˜‰
          That means, if you delete a shapingpoint and the route doesn't chance, you can delete it. Look in your device how many via- and shapingpoints are "allowed". But most of the time you won't exceed the device's maximum.
          If you have 2 different devices (Garmin and TomTom) it is more important that your points are exactly on the roads of these maps. MRA (Gold) can help you with this issue when you compare the route in the 2 different maps. In the toolkit select compare with and than select the other map. You can now equalize the routes by adding extra shapingpoints. In this example you see that you, with your Garmin, would make another tour than your son, with his TomTom. You would miss each other for several minutes and curves ๐Ÿ™‚ Screenshot_1.jpg

          Met andere apps maak je een route, met MRA componeer je een route!

          Ducati Monster 1200 met Garmin Zรผmo XT
          Fiat 124 Spider/Camper Dethleffs met Navigation-App op Samsung Tab Active4 Pro
          MRA Lifetime Gold

          1 Reply Last reply
          2
          • Linda Wouters Linda Wouters

            Hi there, My name is Linda, I'm 56 years old ๐Ÿคฆ and I love to ride my motorbike, especially in Germany. My husband Ron used to ride as well, but he just stopped liking it and sold his bike. ๐Ÿ˜ž Thank goodness we have one son (out of three) who also loves to ride.

            I have a TomTom Rider 550 since 3 years, but I've owned several Garmin devices before I got the TT. I've never been able to completely use them like I should. I just need the damn things to not get lost and to ride some nice routes.

            Last year I went to Germany (Schwarzwald) with a friend and luckily, she liked making routes, so she did and shared them with me. This year however, I'm going with my youngest son ๐Ÿ‘ถ and to make things even more complicated, he has this BMW Navigator V device. He doesn't have a clue on how to make routes with it. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

            So I sat behind my laptop for a whole day and managed to update the Navigator, bought the Gold membership for the MyRoute app and finally figured out the advantages of that. It was actually quite fun to make the routes and it wasn't all that difficult to load them into the Navigator either.

            Some things are still a bit misty for me. For instance, why are there so many route points in a route? I've taken away about 70% of them, because you have to zoom in on every point to check if it's in the right place. Should I use more of them? Am I missing the point? ๐Ÿ˜‚

            Anyway, I still have a few weeks left to practice before we'll go to Germany again. (Eifel+Schwarzwald) Let's hope I won't get us lost in the woods.

            Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
            Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
            Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
            Valued contributor
            wrote on last edited by Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
            #5

            @linda-wouters

            Hi @Linda-Wouters take a look in the library, the RouteXperts create nice routes all over the world

            https://www.habven.nl/collecties.phtml?l=DEU

            Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT/BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
            Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

            1 Reply Last reply
            1
            • Linda Wouters
              Linda Wouters
              Linda Wouters
              wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Thank you all for your help ๐Ÿ‘ I see I'm not done yet ๐Ÿ˜Š

              1 Reply Last reply
              0

              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

              With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

              Register Login
              Reply
              • Reply as topic
              Log in to reply
              • Oldest to Newest
              • Newest to Oldest
              • Most Votes


              ACTIVE USERS
              Travellexxie
              Travellexxie
              Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
              Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
              Inge Bakermans
              Inge Bakermans
              sudolea
              sudolea
              Linda Wouters
              Linda Wouters
              POPULAR TOPICS
              • Drive restriction for vehicle
                Robineke
                Robineke
                0
                26
                206

              • Upgrading from Zumo XT to XT2
                Mzokk
                Mzokk
                0
                44
                3.6k

              • No tracklog on Android phone
                Reinhard Grossmann h 0
                Reinhard Grossmann h 0
                0
                10
                209

              • Overlay Routes like the App does and waypoints without routes
                Rob Kelley
                Rob Kelley
                0
                3
                43

              • Route Breakdown
                Scarecrow
                Scarecrow
                1
                6
                345

              • Brittany routes
                Tony 13
                Tony 13
                0
                2
                38

              • still no (Beta) Update 6.0.0 -514
                Stanisล‚aw
                Stanisล‚aw
                0
                2
                35

              • Vergrendel scherm zet alles op z'n kop
                M. Schrijver
                M. Schrijver
                0
                9
                206

              MY GROUPS
              • Login

              • Login or register to search.
              • First post
                Last post
              0
              • Categories
              • Recent
              • Popular
              • Support
              • MyRoute-app