Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. General Discussion
  3. Export 1.2 gpx

Export 1.2 gpx

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved General Discussion
43 Posts 11 Posters 23.6k Views 4 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Robert Bürgisser Robert Bürgisser

    Hello, I read all the posts carefully and I am very grateful for the good tips.
    I come to the conclusion that I have to choose the export variant «Garmin (GPX 1.1)».
    I tested it and saw that I see shapingpoints and viapoints on the Zumo XT, as desired. If I choose the export variant Garmin Zumo (GPX 1.2), I see only the viapoints.
    For testing, I saved the GPX 1.2 variant and opened it in Basecamp. After a recalculation of the route BC tinkers a completely wrong route - and exactly that happens in the device.
    With the GPX 1.1 variant, shaping points and viapoints are present and the route follows the track exactly.
    What advantage does the GPX 1.2 variant have? I see only one serious disadvantage, namely the lack of transmission and visibility of the shaping points.

    HABVEN aka MrMRA
    HABVEN aka MrMRA
    HABVEN aka MrMRA
    Valued contributor
    wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @robert-bürgisser

    Hello Robert,

    Gpx 1.2 is a so called inflated route. If you use the 1.2 file turn off recalculation in your Zumo.
    Don’t use it in Basecamp because then you won’t get the route as planned

    BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
    Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

    1 Reply Last reply
    1
    • Robert Bürgisser
      Robert Bürgisser
      Robert Bürgisser
      wrote on last edited by
      #42

      Thanks for the quick reply Hans! Aha, that is a good insight. So I can assume that the route was stored correctly in the device after the export with GMX 1.2.
      I will test both possibilities (1.1 and 1.2) and report.

      HABVEN aka MrMRA 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Robert Bürgisser Robert Bürgisser

        Thanks for the quick reply Hans! Aha, that is a good insight. So I can assume that the route was stored correctly in the device after the export with GMX 1.2.
        I will test both possibilities (1.1 and 1.2) and report.

        HABVEN aka MrMRA
        HABVEN aka MrMRA
        HABVEN aka MrMRA
        Valued contributor
        wrote on last edited by
        #43

        @robert-bürgisser
        Yes, you can assume that both files, gpx 1.1 and gpx 1.2, work correctly in the new Zumo. Make sure you transfer the files with the connector or save them as from MRA to your Zumo.

        BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
        Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

        1 Reply Last reply
        1

        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

        Register Login
        Reply
        • Reply as topic
        Log in to reply
        • Oldest to Newest
        • Newest to Oldest
        • Most Votes


        • 1
        • 2
        • 3
        ACTIVE USERS
        HABVEN aka MrMRA
        HABVEN aka MrMRA
        Dave J 0
        Dave J 0
        Guzt
        Guzt
        Reinhard-32
        Reinhard-32
        Nick Dawson
        Nick Dawson
        Kevin Buckley
        Kevin Buckley
        Steve Lynch
        Steve Lynch
        Henrik Müller
        Henrik Müller
        Robert Bürgisser
        Robert Bürgisser
        Stefan Trucksäß
        Stefan Trucksäß
        Bepperling
        Bepperling
        POPULAR TOPICS
        • Hello everyone
          Brian McG
          Brian McG
          2
          6
          115

        • Route changed?
          Rob Verhoeff
          Rob Verhoeff
          0
          5
          88

        • Auto skipping in next version (6)
          Herman Veldhuizen
          Herman Veldhuizen
          0
          4
          178

        • Beurs aanbieding
          Corjan Meijerink
          Corjan Meijerink
          0
          3
          67

        • Hoe lang moet je abo hebbes voor toegang??
          Rob Veerman
          Rob Veerman
          4
          4
          73

        • Hello from Thailand
          Marinus van Deudekom
          Marinus van Deudekom
          0
          2
          9

        • Hoe lang gebruiker
          Rob Verhoeff
          Rob Verhoeff
          2
          2
          74

        • Wissel Here-TomTom
          Hubert Thoring
          Hubert Thoring
          0
          3
          120

        MY GROUPS
        • Login

        • Login or register to search.
        • First post
          Last post
        0
        • Categories
        • Recent
        • Popular
        • Support
        • MyRoute-app