Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. General Discussion
  3. Via point icons not showing on Zumo XT

Via point icons not showing on Zumo XT

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved General Discussion
24 Posts 3 Posters 7.5k Views 3 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • A Former User?
    A Former User?
    A Former User
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    After creating a route in MRA and adding details to via points ie: cafe stop and time and changing colour to red. After exporting, these do not show up on the Garmin Zumo XT map as such. The via points only show as start and destination flags. After watching the video for via en shaping, Serg shows the customised via points on a Zumo XT after exporting. So what am I doing wrong?

    HABVEN aka MrMRA 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • A Former User? A Former User

      After creating a route in MRA and adding details to via points ie: cafe stop and time and changing colour to red. After exporting, these do not show up on the Garmin Zumo XT map as such. The via points only show as start and destination flags. After watching the video for via en shaping, Serg shows the customised via points on a Zumo XT after exporting. So what am I doing wrong?

      HABVEN aka MrMRA
      HABVEN aka MrMRA
      HABVEN aka MrMRA
      Valued contributor
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @Brian-Martin

      Did you use the Garmin XT export option?

      BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
      Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • A Former User?
        A Former User?
        A Former User
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Yes I did

        HABVEN aka MrMRA 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • A Former User? A Former User

          Yes I did

          HABVEN aka MrMRA
          HABVEN aka MrMRA
          HABVEN aka MrMRA
          Valued contributor
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @Brian-Martin

          Share you’re route please, make sure it is public. Then I can have a look

          BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
          Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

          Henrik Müller 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

            @Brian-Martin

            Share you’re route please, make sure it is public. Then I can have a look

            Henrik Müller
            Henrik Müller
            Henrik Müller
            wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master

            Hi Hans

            I have still my problem regarding the route between the second last point (sharping point or via point) and the finish point is a "offroad" track" I'm also using the Garmin XT option.
            I have made my route public, called last point.

            HABVEN aka MrMRA 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Henrik Müller Henrik Müller

              @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master

              Hi Hans

              I have still my problem regarding the route between the second last point (sharping point or via point) and the finish point is a "offroad" track" I'm also using the Garmin XT option.
              I have made my route public, called last point.

              HABVEN aka MrMRA
              HABVEN aka MrMRA
              HABVEN aka MrMRA
              Valued contributor
              wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @Henrik-Müller

              Hendrik please share the url off the route here

              BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
              Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

              Henrik Müller 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

                @Henrik-Müller

                Hendrik please share the url off the route here

                Henrik Müller
                Henrik Müller
                Henrik Müller
                wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master

                https://www.myrouteapp.com/en/social/route/4559836?mode=share

                HABVEN aka MrMRA 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • Henrik Müller Henrik Müller

                  @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master

                  https://www.myrouteapp.com/en/social/route/4559836?mode=share

                  HABVEN aka MrMRA
                  HABVEN aka MrMRA
                  HABVEN aka MrMRA
                  Valued contributor
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @Henrik-Müller

                  Thanks, I will have to investigate that further, probably is it the track that you see, and when you drive the route it will be under the routeline

                  BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
                  Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

                  Henrik Müller 1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

                    @Henrik-Müller

                    Thanks, I will have to investigate that further, probably is it the track that you see, and when you drive the route it will be under the routeline

                    Henrik Müller
                    Henrik Müller
                    Henrik Müller
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master said in Via point icons not showing on Zumo XT:

                    @Henrik-Müller

                    Thanks, I will have to investigate that further, probably is it the track that you see, and when you drive the route it will be under the routeline

                    It worked fine for 8-10 days ago - if I try to disable the GPS satellite, and simulate the route on the device, the problem is also showed.

                    I'm not using tracks, as i like the via and sharping points options.

                    HABVEN aka MrMRA 1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • Henrik Müller Henrik Müller

                      @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master said in Via point icons not showing on Zumo XT:

                      @Henrik-Müller

                      Thanks, I will have to investigate that further, probably is it the track that you see, and when you drive the route it will be under the routeline

                      It worked fine for 8-10 days ago - if I try to disable the GPS satellite, and simulate the route on the device, the problem is also showed.

                      I'm not using tracks, as i like the via and sharping points options.

                      HABVEN aka MrMRA
                      HABVEN aka MrMRA
                      HABVEN aka MrMRA
                      Valued contributor
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @Henrik-Müller

                      From the Dutch XT FB group

                      You probably haven't converted your track to the trip planner. Nowadays you can also choose 'Go' when you select the track. You will then get that dotted line to the start or nearest point, but no further indication. You should start the route from the trip planner and not from tracks.

                      BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
                      Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

                      Henrik Müller 1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

                        @Henrik-Müller

                        From the Dutch XT FB group

                        You probably haven't converted your track to the trip planner. Nowadays you can also choose 'Go' when you select the track. You will then get that dotted line to the start or nearest point, but no further indication. You should start the route from the trip planner and not from tracks.

                        Henrik Müller
                        Henrik Müller
                        Henrik Müller
                        wrote on last edited by Henrik Müller
                        #11

                        @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master

                        I’m using the trip planner (as shaping and via points are nice) - the dotted line is as you stated from where you right now to the first (via) point.

                        I’m not using tracks and convert them, as I then will lose the points benefits.

                        The issue I referred to, is the calculation between the second last point (sharping or via) and the finish (via point) marked by a checked flag.
                        (All in the trip planner)

                        My workaround, right now is to place 2 points nearby the finish flag.... Looking forward for a fix.

                        / Henrik

                        HABVEN aka MrMRA 1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • Henrik Müller Henrik Müller

                          @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master

                          I’m using the trip planner (as shaping and via points are nice) - the dotted line is as you stated from where you right now to the first (via) point.

                          I’m not using tracks and convert them, as I then will lose the points benefits.

                          The issue I referred to, is the calculation between the second last point (sharping or via) and the finish (via point) marked by a checked flag.
                          (All in the trip planner)

                          My workaround, right now is to place 2 points nearby the finish flag.... Looking forward for a fix.

                          / Henrik

                          HABVEN aka MrMRA
                          HABVEN aka MrMRA
                          HABVEN aka MrMRA
                          Valued contributor
                          wrote on last edited by HABVEN aka MrMRA
                          #12

                          @Henrik-Müller

                          I had the same today🤷‍♂️

                          BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
                          Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

                          Henrik Müller 1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

                            @Henrik-Müller

                            I had the same today🤷‍♂️

                            Henrik Müller
                            Henrik Müller
                            Henrik Müller
                            wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master said in Via point icons not showing on Zumo XT:

                            @Henrik-Müller

                            I had the same today🤷‍♂️

                            Sound "good" - and as your status is instructor, you probably have access to elevate this issue to the right programmer people at MRA ?
                            / Henrik

                            HABVEN aka MrMRA 1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • Henrik Müller Henrik Müller

                              @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master said in Via point icons not showing on Zumo XT:

                              @Henrik-Müller

                              I had the same today🤷‍♂️

                              Sound "good" - and as your status is instructor, you probably have access to elevate this issue to the right programmer people at MRA ?
                              / Henrik

                              HABVEN aka MrMRA
                              HABVEN aka MrMRA
                              HABVEN aka MrMRA
                              Valued contributor
                              wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @Henrik-Müller
                              I don't know if this is a Garmin or an MRA issue, as I only see this on the XT and not on MRA Navigation. I'm going to test this by putting a route from Garmin Basecamp on my XT.

                              BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
                              Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

                              Henrik Müller 1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

                                @Henrik-Müller
                                I don't know if this is a Garmin or an MRA issue, as I only see this on the XT and not on MRA Navigation. I'm going to test this by putting a route from Garmin Basecamp on my XT.

                                Henrik Müller
                                Henrik Müller
                                Henrik Müller
                                wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master

                                If I make a new route on the XT device in trip planner, it works as it should.

                                If the problem is in the XT software when importing GPX into trip planner, MRA must report it to the Garmin SW team, as MRA probably have more “weight” in the approach than a bunch of users...?

                                HABVEN aka MrMRA 1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • Henrik Müller Henrik Müller

                                  @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master

                                  If I make a new route on the XT device in trip planner, it works as it should.

                                  If the problem is in the XT software when importing GPX into trip planner, MRA must report it to the Garmin SW team, as MRA probably have more “weight” in the approach than a bunch of users...?

                                  HABVEN aka MrMRA
                                  HABVEN aka MrMRA
                                  HABVEN aka MrMRA
                                  Valued contributor
                                  wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @Henrik-Müller
                                  Then they probably already know at Garmin, and this will be solved with one of the updates

                                  BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
                                  Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

                                  Henrik Müller 1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

                                    @Henrik-Müller
                                    Then they probably already know at Garmin, and this will be solved with one of the updates

                                    Henrik Müller
                                    Henrik Müller
                                    Henrik Müller
                                    wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master

                                    Hi Hans

                                    I’m writing the route works if you program the route on direct on the XT device in trip planner - so the Garmin own internally route calculation works.

                                    The issue is starts when I import a ROUTE from MRA into trip planner, then the strange “off road route” between the second last and the last point appears.

                                    I’m glad you have seen it yourself from MRA - How did your test with Basecamp go ?

                                    HABVEN aka MrMRA 3 Replies Last reply
                                    0
                                    • Henrik Müller Henrik Müller

                                      @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master

                                      Hi Hans

                                      I’m writing the route works if you program the route on direct on the XT device in trip planner - so the Garmin own internally route calculation works.

                                      The issue is starts when I import a ROUTE from MRA into trip planner, then the strange “off road route” between the second last and the last point appears.

                                      I’m glad you have seen it yourself from MRA - How did your test with Basecamp go ?

                                      HABVEN aka MrMRA
                                      HABVEN aka MrMRA
                                      HABVEN aka MrMRA
                                      Valued contributor
                                      wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @Henrik-Müller
                                      I have not yet tested with a route from basecamp ...

                                      BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
                                      Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • Henrik Müller Henrik Müller

                                        @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master

                                        Hi Hans

                                        I’m writing the route works if you program the route on direct on the XT device in trip planner - so the Garmin own internally route calculation works.

                                        The issue is starts when I import a ROUTE from MRA into trip planner, then the strange “off road route” between the second last and the last point appears.

                                        I’m glad you have seen it yourself from MRA - How did your test with Basecamp go ?

                                        HABVEN aka MrMRA
                                        HABVEN aka MrMRA
                                        HABVEN aka MrMRA
                                        Valued contributor
                                        wrote on last edited by HABVEN aka MrMRA
                                        #19

                                        @Henrik-Müller

                                        With a route from BC no problem, given the placement of the next to last route point, it is probably due to the distance between the last and the next to last route point that this will occur.
                                        I added an extra route point and now the route continues as usual.
                                        I'm going to test this further.
                                        I'm going to place this with the developers.
                                        To be continued.

                                        BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
                                        Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • Henrik Müller Henrik Müller

                                          @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master

                                          Hi Hans

                                          I’m writing the route works if you program the route on direct on the XT device in trip planner - so the Garmin own internally route calculation works.

                                          The issue is starts when I import a ROUTE from MRA into trip planner, then the strange “off road route” between the second last and the last point appears.

                                          I’m glad you have seen it yourself from MRA - How did your test with Basecamp go ?

                                          HABVEN aka MrMRA
                                          HABVEN aka MrMRA
                                          HABVEN aka MrMRA
                                          Valued contributor
                                          wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @Henrik-Müller

                                          Hi Henrik, the route from the last waypoint to the end point is not calculated correctly, that's why you see either the dotted line of the track or a straight (direct route) route line.
                                          It has been reported to the developers, they may need to make a minor adjustment to the .gpx file for the Garmin XT.

                                          Thanks for reporting.

                                          BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
                                          Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

                                          Henrik Müller 2 Replies Last reply
                                          0

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • 1
                                          • 2
                                          ACTIVE USERS
                                          HABVEN aka MrMRA
                                          HABVEN aka MrMRA
                                          Henrik Müller
                                          Henrik Müller
                                          A Former User?
                                          [[global:former-user]]
                                          POPULAR TOPICS
                                          • Waarom kan deze route niet berekend worden?
                                            M. Schrijver
                                            M. Schrijver
                                            0
                                            18
                                            313

                                          • test Myroute APP
                                            Travellexxie
                                            Travellexxie
                                            3
                                            18
                                            1.6k

                                          • A01 - Kaartlaagweergave OpenStreetMap
                                            Hubert Thori
                                            Hubert Thori
                                            0
                                            3
                                            9

                                          • Hello from Thailand
                                            Bull Tahr
                                            Bull Tahr
                                            0
                                            5
                                            165

                                          • [NL] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                                            AWDC LAO
                                            AWDC LAO
                                            5
                                            107
                                            8.2k

                                          • New beta! 6.0.0 (514)
                                            Corjan Meijerink
                                            Corjan Meijerink
                                            13
                                            34
                                            456

                                          • Tour results and a question
                                            0
                                            1
                                            1

                                          • Route hervatten vanaf huidige locatie / Resume Route from Current Location
                                            Duco van Engelen 0 0
                                            Duco van Engelen 0 0
                                            1
                                            10
                                            681

                                          MY GROUPS
                                          • Login

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Categories
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Support
                                          • MyRoute-app