Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. New Users' corner
  3. Hello from Thailand

Hello from Thailand

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved New Users' corner
2 Posts 2 Posters 14 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Glenn.B
    Glenn.B
    Glenn.B
    wrote last edited by
    #1

    Hello all. New user here. Thanks for letting me be part of your community.

    Am original from the US, but now residing in Thailand. I mostly try to do multi-day rides with interesting roads.

    A little background - I have been using Garmin devices on boats, cars and motorcycles for decades. I've been using Basecamp, and Mapsource before it, for route planning since its inception. As outdated and antiquated as it is, I'm very comfortable and rather proficient with it. Until a week or so ago, I was quite happy working this way and uploading my routes to my Zumo XT. Unfortunately, the Zumo after a ride in torrential rains followed my a flight and I find myself in a country that neither sells nor repairs Garmin Zumo products.

    I'm hoping to switch to using MRA using an Android Auto device on the bike. I trying to learn as much as I can from all your experience. I apologize in advance for ask newbie questions. I'm trying to accelerate my learning curve because I have a major 2-week trip coming up in a couple of weeks.

    Current rides: Ninja 1000, Ducati F1098S, Z1000 (USA); CB650F, Wave125 (TH)

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • Marinus van Deudekom
      Marinus van Deudekom
      Marinus van Deudekom
      RouteXpert
      wrote last edited by
      #2

      Welcome to the wonderful world of MRA. It might be useful to take a glance at the instruction videos to get you up to speed
      Have fun

      Honda Goldwing GL1500,
      Honda Silverwing GL 650
      DMD2 T865X 8 inch Android tablet using MRA next for navigation
      Garmin XT sold
      Samsung S24FE mounted on a Quadlock and using Android Auto in my car

      1 Reply Last reply
      0

      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

      Register Login
      Reply
      • Reply as topic
      Log in to reply
      • Oldest to Newest
      • Newest to Oldest
      • Most Votes


      ACTIVE USERS
      Marinus van Deudekom
      Marinus van Deudekom
      Glenn.B
      Glenn.B
      POPULAR TOPICS
      • Hello everyone
        Brian McG
        Brian McG
        2
        6
        115

      • Route changed?
        Rob Verhoeff
        Rob Verhoeff
        0
        5
        88

      • Auto skipping in next version (6)
        Herman Veldhuizen
        Herman Veldhuizen
        0
        4
        182

      • Beurs aanbieding
        Corjan Meijerink
        Corjan Meijerink
        0
        3
        67

      • Hoe lang moet je abo hebbes voor toegang??
        Rob Veerman
        Rob Veerman
        4
        4
        73

      • Hello from Thailand
        Marinus van Deudekom
        Marinus van Deudekom
        0
        2
        14

      • Hoe lang gebruiker
        Rob Verhoeff
        Rob Verhoeff
        2
        2
        75

      • How to plan correctly
        Christian Feurstein
        Christian Feurstein
        0
        5
        175

      MY GROUPS
      • Login

      • Login or register to search.
      • First post
        Last post
      0
      • Categories
      • Recent
      • Popular
      • Support
      • MyRoute-app