Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. MyRoute-app Routeplanner
  3. [Web] Suggestions and Discussion
  4. fuel stops when using track navigation

fuel stops when using track navigation

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [Web] Suggestions and Discussion
3 Posts 3 Posters 392 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • peha
    peha
    peha
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I used to drive all my planned trips as routes. A few days ago, I got terribly confused during a trip through the Black Forest that had segments very close to each other, and one was meant to be driven before the other. There were several traffic jams, and the app kept changing the route, leading me to the "last" segment first and having me go clockwise instead of counterclockwise as I had planned. After this, I looked into it and tried using "navigate routes as tracks," which solved the problem for me.

    However, it seems it's not possible to search for and add a fuel stop to ongoing navigation when using track navigation (because the track cannot be altered once navigation starts?). Finding a nearby petrol station during active navigation once the fuel gets alarmingly low is something I frequently need to do. So, can I really only stop the track navigation, look for a nearby petrol station, navigate there to refuel, and only after that return to the initial track navigation? And if so, how do I start where I left off rather than at the beginning? I am using Android Auto and would ideally want to do all this on the AA device, not the smartphone.

    BMW F 450 GS: AA with Carpuride W702BS Pro (via Samsung S22 Ultra)
    VOGE DS 900 X: AA with Carpuride W702 (via Samsung S22 Ultra)
    Skoda Citigo: AA with Carpuride W903 (via Samsung S22 Ultra)

    Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • nomko
      nomko
      nomko
      Banned
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I don't believe that with track navigation you can add fuel stops or such on the route. Only when usingf the Route mode.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • peha peha

        I used to drive all my planned trips as routes. A few days ago, I got terribly confused during a trip through the Black Forest that had segments very close to each other, and one was meant to be driven before the other. There were several traffic jams, and the app kept changing the route, leading me to the "last" segment first and having me go clockwise instead of counterclockwise as I had planned. After this, I looked into it and tried using "navigate routes as tracks," which solved the problem for me.

        However, it seems it's not possible to search for and add a fuel stop to ongoing navigation when using track navigation (because the track cannot be altered once navigation starts?). Finding a nearby petrol station during active navigation once the fuel gets alarmingly low is something I frequently need to do. So, can I really only stop the track navigation, look for a nearby petrol station, navigate there to refuel, and only after that return to the initial track navigation? And if so, how do I start where I left off rather than at the beginning? I am using Android Auto and would ideally want to do all this on the AA device, not the smartphone.

        Con Hennekens
        Con Hennekens
        Con Hennekens
        Alpha tester
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @peha, Long press on the track-line where you want to rejoin, a bit ahead in the route from where you are. This can only be done on the phone.

        I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

        Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

        Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

        1 Reply Last reply
        1

        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

        Register Login
        Reply
        • Reply as topic
        Log in to reply
        • Oldest to Newest
        • Newest to Oldest
        • Most Votes


        ACTIVE USERS
        Con Hennekens
        Con Hennekens
        peha
        peha
        nomko
        nomko
        POPULAR TOPICS
        • Help please, new user
          Bull Tahr
          Bull Tahr
          0
          8
          184

        • My Routeapp Stays questions
          Lluis Arasanz
          Lluis Arasanz
          0
          5
          18

        • How to export GPX files to Zumo XT without recalculation
          HABVEN aka MrMRA
          HABVEN aka MrMRA
          0
          10
          278

        • Problem Switching App to Beta RoutePlanner
          Rob Verhoeff
          Rob Verhoeff
          0
          7
          45

        • [Request] Recent changes on webplanner...
          Lluis Arasanz
          Lluis Arasanz
          0
          3
          10

        • MRA 6.00 (515) - Voice Options with iPhone 18 Pro
          Dave J 0
          Dave J 0
          0
          3
          36

        • No tracklog on Android phone
          Con Hennekens
          Con Hennekens
          0
          16
          812

        • MRA 6.0.0 (515) Live Tracking - What exactly is shared?
          Lluis Arasanz
          Lluis Arasanz
          0
          2
          11

        MY GROUPS
        • Login

        • Login or register to search.
        • First post
          Last post
        0
        • Categories
        • Recent
        • Popular
        • Support
        • MyRoute-app