Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. [Beta] The MyRoute-app
  3. [Beta] Suggestions and Discussions
  4. Question for CarPlay users

Question for CarPlay users

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [Beta] Suggestions and Discussions
15 Posts 7 Posters 178 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Mopetenpit Mopetenpit

    @Jörgen @Jack-van-Tilburg
    Thank you very much!

    @Jörgen
    Are the petrol stations displayed optimized for the route or are petrol stations displayed within a radius of the current location?

    Jörgen
    Jörgen
    Jörgen
    Valued contributor
    wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @Mopetenpit yes listed next to your current location.

    Hardware
    iPhone 12 pro (iOS 26.2.1)
    iPad (7.Gen.) 18.7.3
    Oukitel RT3 Pro (Andr. 14)
    Wireless CarPlay mit (Elebest C650)
    Wired CarPlay (SEAT Arona - 2021)
    MRA Workshops in Deutsch sind hier zu finden

    Mopetenpit 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • Jörgen Jörgen

      @Mopetenpit yes listed next to your current location.

      Mopetenpit
      Mopetenpit
      Mopetenpit
      wrote on last edited by
      #6

      @Jörgen 👍

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Mopetenpit Mopetenpit

        I am currently considering the purchase of a CarPlay device...
        I have two questions:

        • Are the texts announced when via points are reached - as in the smartphone app?
        • Can I also add route points (e.g. petrol stations) during a tour?

        Maybe I haven't searched properly... Is there an overview of functions that are available in the smartphone app but not/not yet implemented in CarPlay Version?

        Drabslab
        Drabslab
        Drabslab
        wrote on last edited by
        #7

        @Mopetenpit with the little i know I can only advise against such purchase.

        It adds complexity and thus errors/bugs, the features are more restricted than in the app itself, and i don't see a real added value except that you buy into another Apple closed shop that will cost you money. The same applies to android auto by the way.

        But this is only my humble opinion of course

        It is not difficult, it is easy, it's a hobby

        TorqueRider 1 Reply Last reply
        3
        • Drabslab Drabslab

          @Mopetenpit with the little i know I can only advise against such purchase.

          It adds complexity and thus errors/bugs, the features are more restricted than in the app itself, and i don't see a real added value except that you buy into another Apple closed shop that will cost you money. The same applies to android auto by the way.

          But this is only my humble opinion of course

          TorqueRider
          TorqueRider
          TorqueRider
          wrote on last edited by TorqueRider
          #8

          @Drabslab
          I don't agree with that. You can indeed not operate all those fancy features of Next via Carplay or Android Auto. But very few of them are safe to operate while driving. Let them ensure that the strictly necessary functions stable and intuitively can be operated. If you need other functions, it is wise to stop for a moment and you can just as easily grab your smartphone.
          So you can use relatively affordable devices for carplay or android auto, while otherwise you would have to purchase a rugged device.

          But this is only my humble opinion of course 🙂

          1 Reply Last reply
          1
          • Jörgen
            Jörgen
            Jörgen
            Valued contributor
            wrote on last edited by
            #9

            I think an important argument is being forgotten here, such a device is waterproof, heat-resistant, much more robust than a smartphone and costs only a fraction. The smartphone can stay in your pocket or tank bag.

            Everyone as they like. 😊

            Hardware
            iPhone 12 pro (iOS 26.2.1)
            iPad (7.Gen.) 18.7.3
            Oukitel RT3 Pro (Andr. 14)
            Wireless CarPlay mit (Elebest C650)
            Wired CarPlay (SEAT Arona - 2021)
            MRA Workshops in Deutsch sind hier zu finden

            TorqueRider RetiredWingMan Drabslab 3 Replies Last reply
            0
            • Jörgen Jörgen

              I think an important argument is being forgotten here, such a device is waterproof, heat-resistant, much more robust than a smartphone and costs only a fraction. The smartphone can stay in your pocket or tank bag.

              Everyone as they like. 😊

              TorqueRider
              TorqueRider
              TorqueRider
              wrote on last edited by
              #10

              @Jörgen
              Absolutly

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Jörgen Jörgen

                I think an important argument is being forgotten here, such a device is waterproof, heat-resistant, much more robust than a smartphone and costs only a fraction. The smartphone can stay in your pocket or tank bag.

                Everyone as they like. 😊

                RetiredWingMan
                RetiredWingMan
                RetiredWingMan
                Valued contributor
                wrote on last edited by
                #11

                @Jörgen with all the issues I've seen with CP and AA and considering the added complexity I would never spend money on the device. I would prefer to purchase a robust small tablet that is water proof and has good brightness etc. If it's an Android device then any app can be loaded directly ... and the phone can stay in my pocket. No more battery drain issues or overheating issues with the phone.

                2010 GL1800 Goldwing using Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Android 13.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • M. Schrijver
                  M. Schrijver
                  M. Schrijver
                  Valued contributor
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #12

                  I have tought about that option also. But i could not found many reliable and waterproof tablet. The Samsung X-cover series seems to be only reliable one.
                  Other options are severall versions of AliExpress type tablets. Reliability of those tablet is a question mark.

                  My Goldwing has AA and ACP built-in so it is easy for me.
                  With my current knowledge. I think i would go for the Chigee Aio-5 lite

                  (I use MRA Next only on Android Auto. Every comment, suggestion, etc will be based on my usage with Android Auto)

                  RetiredWingMan 1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • M. Schrijver M. Schrijver

                    I have tought about that option also. But i could not found many reliable and waterproof tablet. The Samsung X-cover series seems to be only reliable one.
                    Other options are severall versions of AliExpress type tablets. Reliability of those tablet is a question mark.

                    My Goldwing has AA and ACP built-in so it is easy for me.
                    With my current knowledge. I think i would go for the Chigee Aio-5 lite

                    RetiredWingMan
                    RetiredWingMan
                    RetiredWingMan
                    Valued contributor
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #13

                    @M-Schrijver There is quite a lot of discussion about this in the following forum discussion including links to sample devices: https://forum.myrouteapp.com/topic/5847/problems-on-garmin-tread-8/21?_=1708816916848

                    2010 GL1800 Goldwing using Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Android 13.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • Jörgen Jörgen

                      I think an important argument is being forgotten here, such a device is waterproof, heat-resistant, much more robust than a smartphone and costs only a fraction. The smartphone can stay in your pocket or tank bag.

                      Everyone as they like. 😊

                      Drabslab
                      Drabslab
                      Drabslab
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #14

                      @Jörgen said in Question for CarPlay users:

                      costs only a fraction

                      I am not arguing but which devices in aprticular are you talking about? Those that I find seem all more expensive than my phone (which perhaps was a bargain at 300€)

                      @Jack-van-Tilburg said in Question for CarPlay users:

                      But very few of them are safe to operate while driving.

                      I completely agree with this, and I hardly ever touch my navigation device (TomTom rider 400) while driving. I evn consider using the barbuttons as a risk as it makes me "stare" longer at the screen.

                      I am a bit focussing on the hardware these days because my rider 400 is showing some "end of life" signs and I will probaby have to buy something else soon.

                      Besides, I am not looking only at navigation but for a set-up that I can use for email, web browsing etc ... as well.

                      @Jack-van-Tilburg said in Question for CarPlay users:

                      But this is only my humble opinion of course

                      the more opinions expressed, the more we learn 🙂

                      It is not difficult, it is easy, it's a hobby

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • Jörgen
                        Jörgen
                        Jörgen
                        Valued contributor
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #15

                        @Drabslab for example this: https://www.elebest.de/products/elebest-carplay-c650-motorrad-navi-5-zoll-display-apple-carplay-navigationsgerat-android-auto-navigationssystem-1

                        Hardware
                        iPhone 12 pro (iOS 26.2.1)
                        iPad (7.Gen.) 18.7.3
                        Oukitel RT3 Pro (Andr. 14)
                        Wireless CarPlay mit (Elebest C650)
                        Wired CarPlay (SEAT Arona - 2021)
                        MRA Workshops in Deutsch sind hier zu finden

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        Reply
                        • Reply as topic
                        Log in to reply
                        • Oldest to Newest
                        • Newest to Oldest
                        • Most Votes


                        ACTIVE USERS
                        Jörgen
                        Jörgen
                        M. Schrijver
                        M. Schrijver
                        RetiredWingMan
                        RetiredWingMan
                        Drabslab
                        Drabslab
                        Mopetenpit
                        Mopetenpit
                        TorqueRider
                        TorqueRider
                        POPULAR TOPICS
                        • Help please, new user
                          Bull Tahr
                          Bull Tahr
                          0
                          8
                          192

                        • My Routeapp Stays questions
                          Lluis Arasanz
                          Lluis Arasanz
                          0
                          5
                          20

                        • Problem Switching App to Beta RoutePlanner
                          Rob Verhoeff
                          Rob Verhoeff
                          0
                          7
                          45

                        • How to export GPX files to Zumo XT without recalculation
                          HABVEN aka MrMRA
                          HABVEN aka MrMRA
                          0
                          10
                          297

                        • [Request] Recent changes on webplanner...
                          Lluis Arasanz
                          Lluis Arasanz
                          0
                          3
                          10

                        • MRA 6.00 (515) - Voice Options with iPhone 18 Pro
                          Dave J 0
                          Dave J 0
                          0
                          3
                          37

                        • Making animated travelmaps for free
                          Travellexxie
                          Travellexxie
                          3
                          2
                          92

                        • Where is the "Routes" option?
                          Bart De Medts
                          Bart De Medts
                          0
                          2
                          9

                        MY GROUPS
                        • Login

                        • Login or register to search.
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        0
                        • Categories
                        • Recent
                        • Popular
                        • Support
                        • MyRoute-app