Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. Rides
  3. Identifying Stopping Places

Identifying Stopping Places

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Rides
3 Posts 3 Posters 2.0k Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Steven 8
    Steven 8
    Steven 8
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I’m considering a few long motorcycle tours, whilst I understand the distance travelled each day will vary significantly and 500 miles of Autobahn is the equivalent of 75 miles in the Alps, I’d like to identify say a spot every 300 miles and see where it puts me.

    I’m thinking say London to Nordkapp which is 3762 kms, could I plot a place on the route say every 400 kms ?

    Cheers
    Steve

    HABVEN aka MrMRA Drabslab 2 Replies Last reply
    0
    • Steven 8 Steven 8

      I’m considering a few long motorcycle tours, whilst I understand the distance travelled each day will vary significantly and 500 miles of Autobahn is the equivalent of 75 miles in the Alps, I’d like to identify say a spot every 300 miles and see where it puts me.

      I’m thinking say London to Nordkapp which is 3762 kms, could I plot a place on the route say every 400 kms ?

      Cheers
      Steve

      HABVEN aka MrMRA
      HABVEN aka MrMRA
      HABVEN aka MrMRA
      Valued contributor
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @Steven-8
      Hi Steve,

      You have to do thant manually

      BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
      Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Steven 8 Steven 8

        I’m considering a few long motorcycle tours, whilst I understand the distance travelled each day will vary significantly and 500 miles of Autobahn is the equivalent of 75 miles in the Alps, I’d like to identify say a spot every 300 miles and see where it puts me.

        I’m thinking say London to Nordkapp which is 3762 kms, could I plot a place on the route say every 400 kms ?

        Cheers
        Steve

        Drabslab
        Drabslab
        Drabslab
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @Steven-8 I doubt that you would like to do the shortestn usually most boring, route.

        I would enter my start and endpoint (london and nordkapp) and let MRA calculate the shortest route.

        Then put a waypoint visually in the middle of that route, then another on the lower half of the route, and one on the upper half. That should give you stretches of around 1000 km. Cut that in 3 visually and you have parts of 300km on the highway.

        That is 5 minutes work with a bit of experience and a good start. Combine two stretches and you have a 600km highway day,

        good luck

        It is not difficult, it is easy, it's a hobby

        1 Reply Last reply
        1

        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

        Register Login
        Reply
        • Reply as topic
        Log in to reply
        • Oldest to Newest
        • Newest to Oldest
        • Most Votes


        ACTIVE USERS
        HABVEN aka MrMRA
        HABVEN aka MrMRA
        Drabslab
        Drabslab
        Steven 8
        Steven 8
        POPULAR TOPICS
        • Waarom kan deze route niet berekend worden?
          M. Schrijver
          M. Schrijver
          0
          18
          310

        • A01 - Kaartlaagweergave OpenStreetMap
          Hubert Thori
          Hubert Thori
          0
          3
          8

        • Hello from Thailand
          Bull Tahr
          Bull Tahr
          0
          5
          163

        • [NL] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
          AWDC LAO
          AWDC LAO
          5
          107
          8.2k

        • test Myroute APP
          Con Hennekens
          Con Hennekens
          3
          17
          1.6k

        • New beta! 6.0.0 (514)
          Corjan Meijerink
          Corjan Meijerink
          13
          34
          454

        • Route hervatten vanaf huidige locatie / Resume Route from Current Location
          Duco van Engelen 0 0
          Duco van Engelen 0 0
          1
          10
          681

        • How to import gpx - via Route or Route-Track?
          Con Hennekens
          Con Hennekens
          0
          11
          457

        MY GROUPS
        • Login

        • Login or register to search.
        • First post
          Last post
        0
        • Categories
        • Recent
        • Popular
        • Support
        • MyRoute-app