Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. [App-Beta] The MyRoute-app
  3. [App-Beta] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
  4. Tracking stops

Tracking stops

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [App-Beta] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
19 Posts 6 Posters 201 Views 3 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

    @Rob-Verhoeff
    You can also pause the track when driving a route

    Con Hennekens
    Con Hennekens
    Con Hennekens
    Alpha tester
    wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master, yes you can. But auto-tracking-start only works for planned routes. You can start tracking on A2B routes as well, and of course you can pause them. They just will not auto-resume. If you manually start the tracking function, you will also have to resume it manually.

    I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

    Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

    Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

    HABVEN aka MrMRA 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

      @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master, yes you can. But auto-tracking-start only works for planned routes. You can start tracking on A2B routes as well, and of course you can pause them. They just will not auto-resume. If you manually start the tracking function, you will also have to resume it manually.

      HABVEN aka MrMRA
      HABVEN aka MrMRA
      HABVEN aka MrMRA
      Valued contributor
      wrote on last edited by
      #6

      @Con-Hennekens
      I know ๐Ÿ˜‰

      BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
      Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

        @Rob-Verhoeff
        You can also pause the track when driving a route

        Rob Verhoeff
        Rob Verhoeff
        Rob Verhoeff
        Alpha tester
        wrote on last edited by
        #7

        @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master but then it wil auto-resume if initiated in the menu. That's why it is interesting to know wat TS is navigating, a route or A2B and what his configuration is.

        ๐Ÿ๏ธ BMW K1600GT-P (2013) | Nolan N100-5 with Sena 30K
        ๐Ÿ“ฑ iOS on iPhone 13 & 16 (mounted on Quadlock or AliExpress extention on BMW-cradle)
        ๐Ÿš™ Apple CarPlay in VW T-Roc
        ๐Ÿ’ป Routelab on MacBook Air & iMac (Golden Gate & Ventura)

        Rod Sydenham 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • Rob Verhoeff Rob Verhoeff

          @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master but then it wil auto-resume if initiated in the menu. That's why it is interesting to know wat TS is navigating, a route or A2B and what his configuration is.

          Rod Sydenham
          Rod Sydenham
          Rod Sydenham
          wrote on last edited by
          #8

          @Rob-Verhoeff

          I was not using my phone to navigate. I was only using it to create a track as I rode. I started the tracking function when I first started in the morning and did not touch any controls all day. This was not the first time it happened. I posted the one I did as an example.
          Here are a couple more.

          c8c837f3-8106-4ea5-9bb3-fde47675954c-image.png

          57bf54dc-b66b-41e7-8abe-b7324348bba6-image.png

          Rob Verhoeff RetiredWingMan HABVEN aka MrMRA 3 Replies Last reply
          0
          • Rod Sydenham Rod Sydenham

            @Rob-Verhoeff

            I was not using my phone to navigate. I was only using it to create a track as I rode. I started the tracking function when I first started in the morning and did not touch any controls all day. This was not the first time it happened. I posted the one I did as an example.
            Here are a couple more.

            c8c837f3-8106-4ea5-9bb3-fde47675954c-image.png

            57bf54dc-b66b-41e7-8abe-b7324348bba6-image.png

            Rob Verhoeff
            Rob Verhoeff
            Rob Verhoeff
            Alpha tester
            wrote on last edited by Rob Verhoeff
            #9

            @Rod-Sydenham That is clear then. Or perhaps there's poor GPS reception in that area?

            ๐Ÿ๏ธ BMW K1600GT-P (2013) | Nolan N100-5 with Sena 30K
            ๐Ÿ“ฑ iOS on iPhone 13 & 16 (mounted on Quadlock or AliExpress extention on BMW-cradle)
            ๐Ÿš™ Apple CarPlay in VW T-Roc
            ๐Ÿ’ป Routelab on MacBook Air & iMac (Golden Gate & Ventura)

            Rod Sydenham 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Rod Sydenham Rod Sydenham

              @Rob-Verhoeff

              I was not using my phone to navigate. I was only using it to create a track as I rode. I started the tracking function when I first started in the morning and did not touch any controls all day. This was not the first time it happened. I posted the one I did as an example.
              Here are a couple more.

              c8c837f3-8106-4ea5-9bb3-fde47675954c-image.png

              57bf54dc-b66b-41e7-8abe-b7324348bba6-image.png

              RetiredWingMan
              RetiredWingMan
              RetiredWingMan
              Valued contributor
              wrote on last edited by
              #10

              @Rod-Sydenham I've seen issues like that when I did not have Internet access.

              2010 GL1800 Goldwing using Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Android 13.

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Rod Sydenham
                Rod Sydenham
                Rod Sydenham
                wrote on last edited by
                #11

                @Rob-Verhoeff

                My Garmin InReach worked fine as did Osmand tracking.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • Rob Verhoeff Rob Verhoeff

                  @Rod-Sydenham That is clear then. Or perhaps there's poor GPS reception in that area?

                  Rod Sydenham
                  Rod Sydenham
                  Rod Sydenham
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #12

                  @Rob-Verhoeff
                  If you need internet access for tracking, it pretty much negates the usefulness of the tracking features in a lot of cases.

                  Corjan Meijerink Rob Verhoeff 2 Replies Last reply
                  1
                  • Rod Sydenham Rod Sydenham

                    @Rob-Verhoeff
                    If you need internet access for tracking, it pretty much negates the usefulness of the tracking features in a lot of cases.

                    Corjan Meijerink
                    Corjan Meijerink
                    Corjan Meijerink
                    Developer
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #13

                    @Rod-Sydenham tracking is independent of internet.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • Rod Sydenham Rod Sydenham

                      @Rob-Verhoeff

                      I was not using my phone to navigate. I was only using it to create a track as I rode. I started the tracking function when I first started in the morning and did not touch any controls all day. This was not the first time it happened. I posted the one I did as an example.
                      Here are a couple more.

                      c8c837f3-8106-4ea5-9bb3-fde47675954c-image.png

                      57bf54dc-b66b-41e7-8abe-b7324348bba6-image.png

                      HABVEN aka MrMRA
                      HABVEN aka MrMRA
                      HABVEN aka MrMRA
                      Valued contributor
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #14

                      @Rod-Sydenham
                      Is your phone mounted on your motorcycle or do you put it in your tank bag or do you put it in your jacket?
                      I suspect that the pause button is activated somehow

                      BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
                      Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

                      Rod Sydenham 1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • Rod Sydenham Rod Sydenham

                        @Rob-Verhoeff
                        If you need internet access for tracking, it pretty much negates the usefulness of the tracking features in a lot of cases.

                        Rob Verhoeff
                        Rob Verhoeff
                        Rob Verhoeff
                        Alpha tester
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #15

                        @Rod-Sydenham I was refering to GPS reception not internet.

                        ๐Ÿ๏ธ BMW K1600GT-P (2013) | Nolan N100-5 with Sena 30K
                        ๐Ÿ“ฑ iOS on iPhone 13 & 16 (mounted on Quadlock or AliExpress extention on BMW-cradle)
                        ๐Ÿš™ Apple CarPlay in VW T-Roc
                        ๐Ÿ’ป Routelab on MacBook Air & iMac (Golden Gate & Ventura)

                        Rod Sydenham 1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • Rob Verhoeff Rob Verhoeff

                          @Rod-Sydenham I was refering to GPS reception not internet.

                          Rod Sydenham
                          Rod Sydenham
                          Rod Sydenham
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #16

                          @Rob-Verhoeff

                          I had the phone in my jacket packet. It was running both Myroute tracking and Osmand tracking. My InReach was also in my pocket. Both the Inreach and Osmand worked fine and did not have the gaps the Myroute track did. I don't think GPS reception is the issue.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

                            @Rod-Sydenham
                            Is your phone mounted on your motorcycle or do you put it in your tank bag or do you put it in your jacket?
                            I suspect that the pause button is activated somehow

                            Rod Sydenham
                            Rod Sydenham
                            Rod Sydenham
                            wrote on last edited by
                            #17

                            @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master

                            That would make sense but at the end of each day when I shut the tracking down, it still appeared to be running.

                            Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • Rod Sydenham Rod Sydenham

                              @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master

                              That would make sense but at the end of each day when I shut the tracking down, it still appeared to be running.

                              Con Hennekens
                              Con Hennekens
                              Con Hennekens
                              Alpha tester
                              wrote on last edited by
                              #18

                              @Rod-Sydenham, Probably the result of aggressive battery savings by your OS. I would check that on a per app basis.

                              I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                              Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                              Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                              Rod Sydenham 1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

                                @Rod-Sydenham, Probably the result of aggressive battery savings by your OS. I would check that on a per app basis.

                                Rod Sydenham
                                Rod Sydenham
                                Rod Sydenham
                                wrote on last edited by
                                #19

                                @Con-Hennekens
                                I checked the battery saving settings for Myroute. They are the same (off) as they are for Osmand. Osmand tracked on the roads I rode so I don't think it was that.
                                I will continue to monitor it although now that winter has set in here, I won't have much opportunity.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0

                                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                                Register Login
                                Reply
                                • Reply as topic
                                Log in to reply
                                • Oldest to Newest
                                • Newest to Oldest
                                • Most Votes


                                ACTIVE USERS
                                Corjan Meijerink
                                Corjan Meijerink
                                Rob Verhoeff
                                Rob Verhoeff
                                Con Hennekens
                                Con Hennekens
                                HABVEN aka MrMRA
                                HABVEN aka MrMRA
                                RetiredWingMan
                                RetiredWingMan
                                Rod Sydenham
                                Rod Sydenham
                                POPULAR TOPICS
                                • Strange translation
                                  Stefan Hummelink
                                  Stefan Hummelink
                                  0
                                  15
                                  43

                                • [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                                  martin-phogel.de
                                  martin-phogel.de
                                  9
                                  114
                                  10.7k

                                • Add delete route button to library
                                  Corjan Meijerink
                                  Corjan Meijerink
                                  0
                                  9
                                  26

                                • Undo/Redo tool is hidden
                                  b0hd1
                                  b0hd1
                                  0
                                  7
                                  14

                                • LAN004 - Route Import filetypes
                                  Lluis Arasanz
                                  Lluis Arasanz
                                  0
                                  6
                                  12

                                • A07 Shared Route Collaboration โ€“ Change Log?
                                  Corjan Meijerink
                                  Corjan Meijerink
                                  0
                                  6
                                  21

                                • Shared toggle switch
                                  LennyO
                                  LennyO
                                  0
                                  7
                                  31

                                • Crazy routing
                                  Hubert Thoring
                                  Hubert Thoring
                                  0
                                  7
                                  26

                                MY GROUPS
                                • Login

                                • Login or register to search.
                                • First post
                                  Last post
                                0
                                • Categories
                                • Recent
                                • Popular
                                • Support
                                • MyRoute-app