Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. [Beta] The MyRoute-app
  3. [Beta] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
  4. App Crash and Offline Problem - Weak Signal Area

App Crash and Offline Problem - Weak Signal Area

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [Beta] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
3 Posts 2 Posters 69 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Dave J 0
    Dave J 0
    Dave J 0
    Valued contributor
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Just returned home from Pembrokeshire to Shropshire using the following route: https://www.myrouteapp.com/route/open/8016474. Heading East from Aberystwyth (waypoint 4) through a poor signal/internet area, the app crashed at least 5 times but would each time try to resume the route nav session after 'resume' was selected. One bar of signal was showing on my Android device but the app either said 'something went wrong' or just did not resume nav and the go back to the option screen for resume or no again. On the last attempt to resume, the app correctly stated it was going offline and remained offline until I selected online manually from settings when I had been with strong signal for a while.

    I would have expected the app to go offline temporarily earlier than the app did due to weak signal. Additionally, I had to manually go back on line after I a long time with good signal.

    Kind Regards. Help where I can.
    Ducati Multistrada V4 Rally
    iPhone 15 Pro
    CHIGEE AIO-6 LTE
    Google Pixel 6 Pro - mounted on SP Connect Plus
    Ex Garmin XT2 and XT1 as well as Ex TomTom Rider User

    Corjan Meijerink 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • Dave J 0 Dave J 0

      Just returned home from Pembrokeshire to Shropshire using the following route: https://www.myrouteapp.com/route/open/8016474. Heading East from Aberystwyth (waypoint 4) through a poor signal/internet area, the app crashed at least 5 times but would each time try to resume the route nav session after 'resume' was selected. One bar of signal was showing on my Android device but the app either said 'something went wrong' or just did not resume nav and the go back to the option screen for resume or no again. On the last attempt to resume, the app correctly stated it was going offline and remained offline until I selected online manually from settings when I had been with strong signal for a while.

      I would have expected the app to go offline temporarily earlier than the app did due to weak signal. Additionally, I had to manually go back on line after I a long time with good signal.

      Corjan Meijerink
      Corjan Meijerink
      Corjan Meijerink
      Developer
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @Dave-J-0 I would not expect it to crash when reception is poor but a GPS signal is required for resuming.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Dave J 0
        Dave J 0
        Dave J 0
        Valued contributor
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @Corjan-Meijerink had good GPS signal. Tested with 2 other apps.

        Kind Regards. Help where I can.
        Ducati Multistrada V4 Rally
        iPhone 15 Pro
        CHIGEE AIO-6 LTE
        Google Pixel 6 Pro - mounted on SP Connect Plus
        Ex Garmin XT2 and XT1 as well as Ex TomTom Rider User

        1 Reply Last reply
        0

        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

        With your input, this post could be even better đź’—

        Register Login
        Reply
        • Reply as topic
        Log in to reply
        • Oldest to Newest
        • Newest to Oldest
        • Most Votes


        ACTIVE USERS
        Corjan Meijerink
        Corjan Meijerink
        Dave J 0
        Dave J 0
        POPULAR TOPICS
        • [NL] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
          superg
          superg
          5
          97
          2.7k

        • [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
          Con Hennekens
          Con Hennekens
          9
          94
          2.7k

        • Altitude numbers size
          Ed Lauwerens 0
          Ed Lauwerens 0
          0
          6
          149

        • Elektrisch voertuig
          Arno van Lochem - Senior RX
          Arno van Lochem - Senior RX
          0
          23
          835

        • Eerste keer MRA met Android auto, een wat mindere ervaring
          AWDC LAO
          AWDC LAO
          0
          5
          99

        • Seizoensafsluitingen
          Travellexxie
          Travellexxie
          0
          5
          96

        • 5 dagen Harz.. 2 problemen met AA
          Travellexxie
          Travellexxie
          0
          5
          204

        • Verkeersbewuste routeberekening…..
          M. Schrijver
          M. Schrijver
          1
          14
          2.4k

        MY GROUPS
        • Login

        • Login or register to search.
        • First post
          Last post
        0
        • Categories
        • Recent
        • Popular
        • Support
        • MyRoute-app