Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. [App-Beta] The MyRoute-app
  3. [App-Beta] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
  4. Company name in search address field

Company name in search address field

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [App-Beta] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
7 Posts 3 Posters 49 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Con Hennekens
    Con Hennekens
    Con Hennekens
    Alpha tester
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Yesterday I drove to IKEA Heerlen (sorry!). When searching for "IKEA Heerlen" MRA Mobile could not find anything. So I looked up the address and copied that into the search field. Instantaneous Mobile associated that address with IKEA. Maybe I was too impatient, so I removed the address from the searchfield and entered "IKEA Heerlen" again, but to my surprise no result. So I navigated on on address.

    Today I wanted to mention the above, and pass a screenshot. So I put "IKEA Heerlen in the searchfield and it immediately found the corresponding address". In good Dutch: "Schiet mij maar lek..."

    It's not the first time I have seen similar things. Sometimes addresses are found on company name, sometimes not. Quite often, when looking up the address, the associating company name comes up even when it could not be found beforehand.

    I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

    Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

    Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

    TorqueRider Corjan Meijerink 2 Replies Last reply
    0
    • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

      Yesterday I drove to IKEA Heerlen (sorry!). When searching for "IKEA Heerlen" MRA Mobile could not find anything. So I looked up the address and copied that into the search field. Instantaneous Mobile associated that address with IKEA. Maybe I was too impatient, so I removed the address from the searchfield and entered "IKEA Heerlen" again, but to my surprise no result. So I navigated on on address.

      Today I wanted to mention the above, and pass a screenshot. So I put "IKEA Heerlen in the searchfield and it immediately found the corresponding address". In good Dutch: "Schiet mij maar lek..."

      It's not the first time I have seen similar things. Sometimes addresses are found on company name, sometimes not. Quite often, when looking up the address, the associating company name comes up even when it could not be found beforehand.

      TorqueRider
      TorqueRider
      TorqueRider
      wrote on last edited by
      #2
      This post is deleted!
      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

        Yesterday I drove to IKEA Heerlen (sorry!). When searching for "IKEA Heerlen" MRA Mobile could not find anything. So I looked up the address and copied that into the search field. Instantaneous Mobile associated that address with IKEA. Maybe I was too impatient, so I removed the address from the searchfield and entered "IKEA Heerlen" again, but to my surprise no result. So I navigated on on address.

        Today I wanted to mention the above, and pass a screenshot. So I put "IKEA Heerlen in the searchfield and it immediately found the corresponding address". In good Dutch: "Schiet mij maar lek..."

        It's not the first time I have seen similar things. Sometimes addresses are found on company name, sometimes not. Quite often, when looking up the address, the associating company name comes up even when it could not be found beforehand.

        Corjan Meijerink
        Corjan Meijerink
        Corjan Meijerink
        Developer
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @Con-Hennekens hmm, absolutely no clue 🙂
        Maybe a disturbance in the force?

        Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink

          @Con-Hennekens hmm, absolutely no clue 🙂
          Maybe a disturbance in the force?

          Con Hennekens
          Con Hennekens
          Con Hennekens
          Alpha tester
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @Corjan-Meijerink, Probably yeah 😉 But what is the usual procedure. Is there an Internal HERE address list? Or does the search get forwarded to the almighty Google Gods? What gears are put in motion when we search?

          I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

          Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

          Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

          Corjan Meijerink 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

            @Corjan-Meijerink, Probably yeah 😉 But what is the usual procedure. Is there an Internal HERE address list? Or does the search get forwarded to the almighty Google Gods? What gears are put in motion when we search?

            Corjan Meijerink
            Corjan Meijerink
            Corjan Meijerink
            Developer
            wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @Con-Hennekens I think it's all HERE 🙂
            We do preprocess the search to check if it's a route / track or favorite stored within MRA.

            Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink

              @Con-Hennekens I think it's all HERE 🙂
              We do preprocess the search to check if it's a route / track or favorite stored within MRA.

              Con Hennekens
              Con Hennekens
              Con Hennekens
              Alpha tester
              wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @Corjan-Meijerink, If a search gets forwarded tot HERE servers it might help to increase the time-out a bit. Strangely the search works really fast at the moment, even with strange very local company names... Are you cheating a bit by changing something in the background? 😁

              I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

              Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

              Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

              Corjan Meijerink 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

                @Corjan-Meijerink, If a search gets forwarded tot HERE servers it might help to increase the time-out a bit. Strangely the search works really fast at the moment, even with strange very local company names... Are you cheating a bit by changing something in the background? 😁

                Corjan Meijerink
                Corjan Meijerink
                Corjan Meijerink
                Developer
                wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @Con-Hennekens hahaha, I'm not cheating at all 😉

                1 Reply Last reply
                1

                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                Register Login
                Reply
                • Reply as topic
                Log in to reply
                • Oldest to Newest
                • Newest to Oldest
                • Most Votes


                ACTIVE USERS
                Corjan Meijerink
                Corjan Meijerink
                Con Hennekens
                Con Hennekens
                TorqueRider
                TorqueRider
                POPULAR TOPICS
                • Strange translation
                  Stefan Hummelink
                  Stefan Hummelink
                  0
                  12
                  23

                • Add delete route button to library
                  Jörgen
                  Jörgen
                  0
                  8
                  18

                • Undo/Redo tool is hidden
                  b0hd1
                  b0hd1
                  0
                  7
                  11

                • Crazy routing
                  Hubert Thoring
                  Hubert Thoring
                  0
                  7
                  24

                • Compatibility and synchronization of the "old" database with the new beta
                  b0hd1
                  b0hd1
                  1
                  5
                  18

                • Which route is shown?
                  Corjan Meijerink
                  Corjan Meijerink
                  1
                  4
                  17

                • [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                  martin-phogel.de
                  martin-phogel.de
                  9
                  109
                  10.4k

                • A07 Shared Route Collaboration – Change Log?
                  Corjan Meijerink
                  Corjan Meijerink
                  0
                  4
                  12

                MY GROUPS
                • Login

                • Login or register to search.
                • First post
                  Last post
                0
                • Categories
                • Recent
                • Popular
                • Support
                • MyRoute-app