Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. General Discussion
  3. Backcountry Discovery Routes (BDR) Import Problem

Backcountry Discovery Routes (BDR) Import Problem

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved General Discussion
5 Posts 4 Posters 1.1k Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Stephen Garrison
    Stephen Garrison
    Stephen Garrison
    wrote on last edited by Stephen Garrison
    #1

    I'm new to MyRoute-app and have tried to import the Colorado BDR gpx file (and other BDR files) and the routes do not import properly. All of the BDRs are popular and great to ride here in the USA so I really want to make sure MyRoute-app is working correctly with them. The waypoints points are out of order when I import. Any help is appreciated.

    https://ridebdr.com/cobdr/

    Stephen

    TorqueRider flamingm0e 2 Replies Last reply
    0
    • Stephen Garrison Stephen Garrison

      I'm new to MyRoute-app and have tried to import the Colorado BDR gpx file (and other BDR files) and the routes do not import properly. All of the BDRs are popular and great to ride here in the USA so I really want to make sure MyRoute-app is working correctly with them. The waypoints points are out of order when I import. Any help is appreciated.

      https://ridebdr.com/cobdr/

      Stephen

      TorqueRider
      TorqueRider
      TorqueRider
      wrote on last edited by TorqueRider
      #2

      @Stephen-Garrison
      The waypoints do indeed get a wrong sequence number. They are placed in alphabetical order.
      A solution is laborious I'm afraid.
      I did that like this:
      Downloaded the file from ridebdr.com
      Map created in MRA and uploaded there.
      First opened the <Route> tab and then did another upload with the <Route-track> tab
      Then opened the route file in MRA. Then the route and the waypoints are visible.
      Then add the Route-Track files via the item "Routes" in the right column.
      When you have done that, click again on the item "Waypoints" in the right column and then drag the waypoints in the right order.
      (a lot of work but I don't see a better solution 🙂 )

      Scherm­afbeelding 2022-12-18 om 18.38.15.png

      Herko ter Horst 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • TorqueRider TorqueRider

        @Stephen-Garrison
        The waypoints do indeed get a wrong sequence number. They are placed in alphabetical order.
        A solution is laborious I'm afraid.
        I did that like this:
        Downloaded the file from ridebdr.com
        Map created in MRA and uploaded there.
        First opened the <Route> tab and then did another upload with the <Route-track> tab
        Then opened the route file in MRA. Then the route and the waypoints are visible.
        Then add the Route-Track files via the item "Routes" in the right column.
        When you have done that, click again on the item "Waypoints" in the right column and then drag the waypoints in the right order.
        (a lot of work but I don't see a better solution 🙂 )

        Scherm­afbeelding 2022-12-18 om 18.38.15.png

        Herko ter Horst
        Herko ter Horst
        Herko ter Horst
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @Jack-van-Tilburg Can't you just import the route-track and then use "Edit route-track" to create the route?

        TorqueRider 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • Herko ter Horst Herko ter Horst

          @Jack-van-Tilburg Can't you just import the route-track and then use "Edit route-track" to create the route?

          TorqueRider
          TorqueRider
          TorqueRider
          wrote on last edited by TorqueRider
          #4

          @Herko-ter-Horst
          It's absolutely a possibility. But then you have to do extra work to include the waypoints in that route.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • Stephen Garrison Stephen Garrison

            I'm new to MyRoute-app and have tried to import the Colorado BDR gpx file (and other BDR files) and the routes do not import properly. All of the BDRs are popular and great to ride here in the USA so I really want to make sure MyRoute-app is working correctly with them. The waypoints points are out of order when I import. Any help is appreciated.

            https://ridebdr.com/cobdr/

            Stephen

            flamingm0e
            flamingm0e
            flamingm0e
            wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @Stephen-Garrison I wouldn't bother with this.

            Last year I went through this entire process of painstakingly recreating the COBDR in MRA. It took me a couple of days. The old navigation app fell flat on its face 15 minutes into the trip.

            You're much better off using another app for navigating the COBDR until NEXT is completed.

            I used Drive Mode Dashboard 2 to follow the tracks on my Carpe Iter tablet, and ran Gaia on my phone as a secondary view and for more information.

            1 Reply Last reply
            0

            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

            Register Login
            Reply
            • Reply as topic
            Log in to reply
            • Oldest to Newest
            • Newest to Oldest
            • Most Votes


            ACTIVE USERS
            Herko ter Horst
            Herko ter Horst
            TorqueRider
            TorqueRider
            flamingm0e
            flamingm0e
            Stephen Garrison
            Stephen Garrison
            POPULAR TOPICS
            • Hello everyone
              Brian McG
              Brian McG
              2
              6
              116

            • Route changed?
              Rob Verhoeff
              Rob Verhoeff
              0
              5
              90

            • Auto skipping in next version (6)
              Herman Veldhuizen
              Herman Veldhuizen
              0
              4
              189

            • Beurs aanbieding
              Corjan Meijerink
              Corjan Meijerink
              0
              3
              72

            • Hoe lang moet je abo hebbes voor toegang??
              Rob Veerman
              Rob Veerman
              4
              4
              78

            • Hello from Thailand
              Marinus van Deudekom
              Marinus van Deudekom
              0
              2
              24

            • How to plan correctly
              Christian Feurstein
              Christian Feurstein
              0
              5
              196

            • Wissel Here-TomTom
              Hubert Thoring
              Hubert Thoring
              0
              3
              126

            MY GROUPS
            • Login

            • Login or register to search.
            • First post
              Last post
            0
            • Categories
            • Recent
            • Popular
            • Support
            • MyRoute-app