Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. General Discussion
  3. NAVIGATOR does not mirror ROUTE APP

NAVIGATOR does not mirror ROUTE APP

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved General Discussion
7 Posts 6 Posters 1.3k Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • LEE ESHELMAN
    LEE ESHELMAN
    LEE ESHELMAN
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I build a route in the MRA Route App and shape the route using multiple added waypoints to fix the route I want. But when I open the route in NAVIGATOR it appears that NAVIGATOR changes the route. Why doesn't NAVIGATOR show an exact replica of the route I built in the ROUTE APP? Very frustrating

    Thanks

    Lee

    Steve Lynch HABVEN aka MrMRA Con Hennekens 3 Replies Last reply
    0
    • LEE ESHELMAN LEE ESHELMAN

      I build a route in the MRA Route App and shape the route using multiple added waypoints to fix the route I want. But when I open the route in NAVIGATOR it appears that NAVIGATOR changes the route. Why doesn't NAVIGATOR show an exact replica of the route I built in the ROUTE APP? Very frustrating

      Thanks

      Lee

      Steve Lynch
      Steve Lynch
      Steve Lynch
      Valued contributor
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @lee-eshelman

      It may be the case that you need more waypoints.
      The best way to get help is to share your route and make it public.

      You don’t stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Andy Pandy
        Andy Pandy
        Andy Pandy
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I had this same problem and raised a ticket with MRA, they did not appear to concerned about it and suggested more WP's but really the two APPs should be the same without adding even more WP's. After a recent 2500 mile trip around Northern Spain using MRA Nav App I have decided to bin it, the App has just got too many problems, odd ways of doing things or its missing things it should have. Its hard to use when things go wrong, like a close road, no mobile signal when it would not load routes. I spent much time doing work arounds to solve problems that should not exists, gone back to TomTom Go App

        LEE ESHELMAN 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • Andy Pandy Andy Pandy

          I had this same problem and raised a ticket with MRA, they did not appear to concerned about it and suggested more WP's but really the two APPs should be the same without adding even more WP's. After a recent 2500 mile trip around Northern Spain using MRA Nav App I have decided to bin it, the App has just got too many problems, odd ways of doing things or its missing things it should have. Its hard to use when things go wrong, like a close road, no mobile signal when it would not load routes. I spent much time doing work arounds to solve problems that should not exists, gone back to TomTom Go App

          LEE ESHELMAN
          LEE ESHELMAN
          LEE ESHELMAN
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @andy-1l
          Thanks for your reply. Yes - I also reached out to them but didn't get a clear answer.

          For practical use when riding (like using Navigator) you would think that once you shape the route in the MRA Route Planner it would come over identically to Navigator. I don't understand what good Navigator is without it doing this?!!!

          I am about ready to bag them too.

          Lee

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • LEE ESHELMAN LEE ESHELMAN

            I build a route in the MRA Route App and shape the route using multiple added waypoints to fix the route I want. But when I open the route in NAVIGATOR it appears that NAVIGATOR changes the route. Why doesn't NAVIGATOR show an exact replica of the route I built in the ROUTE APP? Very frustrating

            Thanks

            Lee

            HABVEN aka MrMRA
            HABVEN aka MrMRA
            HABVEN aka MrMRA
            Valued contributor
            wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @lee-eshelman and @Andy-1l

            Can you share the url from your route? Make sure they are set public

            BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
            Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • LEE ESHELMAN LEE ESHELMAN

              I build a route in the MRA Route App and shape the route using multiple added waypoints to fix the route I want. But when I open the route in NAVIGATOR it appears that NAVIGATOR changes the route. Why doesn't NAVIGATOR show an exact replica of the route I built in the ROUTE APP? Very frustrating

              Thanks

              Lee

              Con Hennekens
              Con Hennekens
              Con Hennekens
              Alpha tester
              wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @lee-eshelman, Most of the problems you describe come down to

              • difference in used maps (forgot to set the planner to the Here map?)
              • not enough waypoints
              • interference through options like traffic, or road closures that were no issue while planning
              • Using avoidance options while planning, they do not go into the GPX, so your Navigation will route differently.

              I make it good practice to NOT use toolbox options that interfere with the routeplanning. I do, but the definite route I make so that the route becomes equal after disabling those options again.

              I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

              Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

              Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Baltus
                Baltus
                Baltus
                wrote on last edited by
                #7

                Lee, do you mean the navigation app?
                If so, then you have to keep in mind that tha navigation app can only handle routes made for the Here maps. If you use an other map, Openstreet or Tom Tom, than it tries to project that route in the Here map. But if there is a difference in the maps, the navigation app makes the best of it. But most of the time its not what you want.
                If you make a special bike route, for sure you can not use the navigation app, because on the Here maps are no bike paths available. So the app send you to the moon and further.
                Best regards, Baltus

                1 Reply Last reply
                0

                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                Register Login
                Reply
                • Reply as topic
                Log in to reply
                • Oldest to Newest
                • Newest to Oldest
                • Most Votes


                ACTIVE USERS
                HABVEN aka MrMRA
                HABVEN aka MrMRA
                Con Hennekens
                Con Hennekens
                Baltus
                Baltus
                Steve Lynch
                Steve Lynch
                LEE ESHELMAN
                LEE ESHELMAN
                Andy Pandy
                Andy Pandy
                POPULAR TOPICS
                • Hello everyone
                  Brian McG
                  Brian McG
                  2
                  6
                  115

                • Route changed?
                  Rob Verhoeff
                  Rob Verhoeff
                  0
                  5
                  88

                • Hoe lang moet je abo hebbes voor toegang??
                  Rob Veerman
                  Rob Veerman
                  4
                  4
                  72

                • Auto skipping in next version (6)
                  Herman Veldhuizen
                  Herman Veldhuizen
                  0
                  4
                  176

                • Beurs aanbieding
                  Corjan Meijerink
                  Corjan Meijerink
                  0
                  3
                  65

                • Hoe lang gebruiker
                  Rob Verhoeff
                  Rob Verhoeff
                  2
                  2
                  73

                • Hello from Thailand
                  0
                  1
                  4

                • Wissel Here-TomTom
                  Hubert Thoring
                  Hubert Thoring
                  0
                  3
                  116

                MY GROUPS
                • Login

                • Login or register to search.
                • First post
                  Last post
                0
                • Categories
                • Recent
                • Popular
                • Support
                • MyRoute-app