Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. General Discussion
  3. Garmin Nav 6

Garmin Nav 6

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved General Discussion
6 Posts 3 Posters 1.6k Views 2 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Ian Street
    Ian Street
    Ian Street
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I have just tried to download a route that I have used many times before and never had any issues with, but today all it is giving me is the start and end points, nothing has changed with the route as it has worked fine before.

    Anyone offer possible answers to what has changed, it's my first time back on here is a couple of months.

    Thanks in advance for your advice.

    PAD 0 HABVEN aka MrMRA 2 Replies Last reply
    0
    • Ian Street Ian Street

      I have just tried to download a route that I have used many times before and never had any issues with, but today all it is giving me is the start and end points, nothing has changed with the route as it has worked fine before.

      Anyone offer possible answers to what has changed, it's my first time back on here is a couple of months.

      Thanks in advance for your advice.

      PAD 0
      PAD 0
      PAD 0
      wrote on last edited by PAD 0
      #2

      Hi @ian-street. I don’t recognise the ‘Garmin Nav 6’ as a Garmin model name. Is it the BMW Navigator 6, perhaps?

      Could it be that you have installed a track, not a route? There have been changes regarding .gpx formats in Routeplanner recently. I’m not familiar with the consequences of using one over another for a given device as I use an old but very reliable Garmin 390 which likes the .gpx1.0 format so have no cause to find out.

      Ian Street 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Ian Street Ian Street

        I have just tried to download a route that I have used many times before and never had any issues with, but today all it is giving me is the start and end points, nothing has changed with the route as it has worked fine before.

        Anyone offer possible answers to what has changed, it's my first time back on here is a couple of months.

        Thanks in advance for your advice.

        HABVEN aka MrMRA
        HABVEN aka MrMRA
        HABVEN aka MrMRA
        Valued contributor
        wrote on last edited by HABVEN aka MrMRA
        #3

        @ian-street
        Hi @Ian-Street use the Garmin gpx1.1 that is the new gpx file that you can use for the new Garmin devices.
        Garmin XT, 590, 350 and BMW Navigator 6
        With this file you can use the route.
        Also the gpx 1.2 file is new, this is a track based route with via points

        See also: https://info.myrouteapp.com/blog-routes-loading-garmin-zumo-xt/

        BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
        Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

        Ian Street 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

          @ian-street
          Hi @Ian-Street use the Garmin gpx1.1 that is the new gpx file that you can use for the new Garmin devices.
          Garmin XT, 590, 350 and BMW Navigator 6
          With this file you can use the route.
          Also the gpx 1.2 file is new, this is a track based route with via points

          See also: https://info.myrouteapp.com/blog-routes-loading-garmin-zumo-xt/

          Ian Street
          Ian Street
          Ian Street
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @hans-van-de-ven-mra-master Thank you for the info, I will look at it when I next get a chance. Ian

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • PAD 0 PAD 0

            Hi @ian-street. I don’t recognise the ‘Garmin Nav 6’ as a Garmin model name. Is it the BMW Navigator 6, perhaps?

            Could it be that you have installed a track, not a route? There have been changes regarding .gpx formats in Routeplanner recently. I’m not familiar with the consequences of using one over another for a given device as I use an old but very reliable Garmin 390 which likes the .gpx1.0 format so have no cause to find out.

            Ian Street
            Ian Street
            Ian Street
            wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @pad-0 I have always used gpx1.2 but it looks like it has changed, so maybe, will check when I have a chance. Ian

            PAD 0 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Ian Street Ian Street

              @pad-0 I have always used gpx1.2 but it looks like it has changed, so maybe, will check when I have a chance. Ian

              PAD 0
              PAD 0
              PAD 0
              wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @ian-street Which .gpx format to use seems very dependent on the device to be used. I haven’t a clue how yours might treat .gpx1.0 (my 390 was designed to use this despite 1.1 being current at the time???). In theory, from what little I’ve read about them, I think the formats ‘should’ be backwards compatible, in that devices intended to use later versions can use earlier ones. But somehow… This is Garmin we’re talking about!🙂 Give it a go, you won’t do any damage, but might get an error message or odd looking route!

              1 Reply Last reply
              0

              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

              With your input, this post could be even better 💗

              Register Login
              Reply
              • Reply as topic
              Log in to reply
              • Oldest to Newest
              • Newest to Oldest
              • Most Votes


              ACTIVE USERS
              HABVEN aka MrMRA
              HABVEN aka MrMRA
              Ian Street
              Ian Street
              PAD 0
              PAD 0
              POPULAR TOPICS
              • Hello from Thailand
                Bull Tahr
                Bull Tahr
                0
                3
                80

              • Waarom kan deze route niet berekend worden?
                Edwin_M
                Edwin_M
                0
                3
                50

              • How to plan correctly
                Christian Feurstein
                Christian Feurstein
                0
                7
                297

              • [NL] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                M. Schrijver
                M. Schrijver
                5
                105
                7.7k

              • Beurs aanbieding
                Corjan Meijerink
                Corjan Meijerink
                0
                3
                96

              • MRA 6.0.0 (515) Menu color black // blue // white
                -1
                1
                16

              • Auto skipping in next version (6)
                Herman Veldhuizen
                Herman Veldhuizen
                0
                4
                227

              • Wissel Here-TomTom
                Hubert Thoring
                Hubert Thoring
                0
                3
                151

              MY GROUPS
              • Login

              • Login or register to search.
              • First post
                Last post
              0
              • Categories
              • Recent
              • Popular
              • Support
              • MyRoute-app