Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. Routes & Tracks
  3. N2 Portugal

N2 Portugal

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Routes & Tracks
7 Posts 5 Posters 4.3k Views 2 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • rob parkin
    rob parkin
    rob parkin
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Does anyone have or know where I can get route(s) for the N2 in Portugal - the longest road in the country - as I’m intending to do this next year?

    Reinhard-32 Hans van de Ven MR.MRA Steve Lynch 3 Replies Last reply
    0
    • rob parkin rob parkin

      Does anyone have or know where I can get route(s) for the N2 in Portugal - the longest road in the country - as I’m intending to do this next year?

      Reinhard-32
      Reinhard-32
      Reinhard-32
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @rob-parkin Here a link for more info: https://www.visitportugal.com/en/content/north-south-portugal-along-national-road-2

      Kindly regards
      Reinhard

      Montana 700i and Mac

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • rob parkin rob parkin

        Does anyone have or know where I can get route(s) for the N2 in Portugal - the longest road in the country - as I’m intending to do this next year?

        Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
        Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
        Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
        Valued contributor
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @rob-parkin

        https://www.myrouteapp.com/nl/library/countries/pt

        Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT/BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
        Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • rob parkin rob parkin

          Does anyone have or know where I can get route(s) for the N2 in Portugal - the longest road in the country - as I’m intending to do this next year?

          Steve Lynch
          Steve Lynch
          Steve Lynch
          Valued contributor
          wrote on last edited by Steve Lynch
          #4

          @rob-parkin

          Hi Rob,
          First off thanks for identifying this route which is now a bucket list route for me.

          https://www.myrouteapp.com/en/social/route/5482717?mode=share

          In my opinion this is a route that needs to be plotted in the Google Maps overlay because this map overlay gives the most frequent instances of identifying the N2 in Portugal.
          I would also advise the use of lots of waypoints, particularly in the northern section in the route, as there are many instances, particularly if you use a Garmin device, where it will recalculate off the N2 because it saves time. (I have mapped this to the Here Map as I use a Garmin Zumo XT.)
          Others may have better options for plotting this route but my preference is to use lots of waypoints (Shaping Points) in all my routes.

          Easily convertible to a Tom Tom Track using MRA also.

          Portugal N2.png

          You don’t stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding.

          rob parkin 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • Steve Lynch Steve Lynch

            @rob-parkin

            Hi Rob,
            First off thanks for identifying this route which is now a bucket list route for me.

            https://www.myrouteapp.com/en/social/route/5482717?mode=share

            In my opinion this is a route that needs to be plotted in the Google Maps overlay because this map overlay gives the most frequent instances of identifying the N2 in Portugal.
            I would also advise the use of lots of waypoints, particularly in the northern section in the route, as there are many instances, particularly if you use a Garmin device, where it will recalculate off the N2 because it saves time. (I have mapped this to the Here Map as I use a Garmin Zumo XT.)
            Others may have better options for plotting this route but my preference is to use lots of waypoints (Shaping Points) in all my routes.

            Easily convertible to a Tom Tom Track using MRA also.

            Portugal N2.png

            rob parkin
            rob parkin
            rob parkin
            wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @steve-lynch Hi Steve, thanks for sharing the N2 Route. Sorry I took so long to get back to you. We're doing this in late May, so I'm just about to start planning the trip (routes/hotels etc) but as I'm a novice in MyRoute-app it'll take me a while to sort it.
            I live in central Portugal, so i'll be doing this in two parts: from North to the centre (with at least one overnight stop), then the Southern half to Faro a few days later.

            Steve Lynch 1 Reply Last reply
            1
            • rob parkin rob parkin

              @steve-lynch Hi Steve, thanks for sharing the N2 Route. Sorry I took so long to get back to you. We're doing this in late May, so I'm just about to start planning the trip (routes/hotels etc) but as I'm a novice in MyRoute-app it'll take me a while to sort it.
              I live in central Portugal, so i'll be doing this in two parts: from North to the centre (with at least one overnight stop), then the Southern half to Faro a few days later.

              Steve Lynch
              Steve Lynch
              Steve Lynch
              Valued contributor
              wrote on last edited by Steve Lynch
              #6

              @rob-parkin

              No problem.
              You can use the POI’s to find Hotels directly in the MRA Route Planner.
              You need to zoom in to at least 1km (shown bottom left in the map) before the POI’s become visible.

              Go to the “Support” page then look for the “MRA RoutePlanner” section, click the option to show all 27 items and in there you will find full details on using MRA POI’s

              30BB929B-E2F1-4DD5-9B95-30789AA2A2A4.jpeg

              976FD772-DE78-4EC6-82F3-AD4941A1B8E9.jpeg

              You don’t stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding.

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Madden Jorge 0
                Madden Jorge 0
                Madden Jorge 0
                wrote on last edited by
                #7
                This post is deleted!
                1 Reply Last reply
                0

                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                Register Login
                Reply
                • Reply as topic
                Log in to reply
                • Oldest to Newest
                • Newest to Oldest
                • Most Votes


                ACTIVE USERS
                Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
                Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
                Reinhard-32
                Reinhard-32
                Steve Lynch
                Steve Lynch
                Madden Jorge 0
                Madden Jorge 0
                rob parkin
                rob parkin
                POPULAR TOPICS
                • Forum Discussions - Filter Languages
                  Jörg Neudert
                  Jörg Neudert
                  1
                  6
                  186

                • Drive restriction for vehicle
                  Con Hennekens
                  Con Hennekens
                  0
                  17
                  129

                • The "Route as Track" function is no longer working.
                  Con Hennekens
                  Con Hennekens
                  0
                  6
                  174

                • [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                  Hubert Thoring
                  Hubert Thoring
                  9
                  98
                  4.7k

                • [NL] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                  Hubert Thoring
                  Hubert Thoring
                  5
                  103
                  4.7k

                • Points of interest
                  Lluís Casals
                  Lluís Casals
                  0
                  5
                  154

                • No tracklog on Android phone
                  Nick Carthew
                  Nick Carthew
                  0
                  2
                  5

                • Hallo, wéér een nieuwe gebruiker !
                  Nick Carthew
                  Nick Carthew
                  0
                  2
                  33

                MY GROUPS
                • Login

                • Login or register to search.
                • First post
                  Last post
                0
                • Categories
                • Recent
                • Popular
                • Support
                • MyRoute-app