Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. General Discussion
  3. Viapunt no warning

Viapunt no warning

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved General Discussion
9 Posts 4 Posters 1.9k Views 3 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Dolomiti
    Dolomiti
    Dolomiti
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Is it normal that in the Navigation app the viapunt is not mentioned. I.o.w. should't you get a warning that you're approaching a viapunt? And even better that it reads out the name of the viapunt? The problem is that if you're not looking at your device you may drive by without noticing it.

    HABVEN aka MrMRA PAD 0 2 Replies Last reply
    0
    • Dolomiti Dolomiti

      Is it normal that in the Navigation app the viapunt is not mentioned. I.o.w. should't you get a warning that you're approaching a viapunt? And even better that it reads out the name of the viapunt? The problem is that if you're not looking at your device you may drive by without noticing it.

      HABVEN aka MrMRA
      HABVEN aka MrMRA
      HABVEN aka MrMRA
      Valued contributor
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @dolomiti
      Yes, that's normal, you won't get a warning and the point won't be spoken

      BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
      Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Dolomiti Dolomiti

        Is it normal that in the Navigation app the viapunt is not mentioned. I.o.w. should't you get a warning that you're approaching a viapunt? And even better that it reads out the name of the viapunt? The problem is that if you're not looking at your device you may drive by without noticing it.

        PAD 0
        PAD 0
        PAD 0
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @dolomiti Might there be a degree of confusion over terminology here? I would expect via points to be announced and shaping points not to be. Could you provide a link to one of your routes in which points you want to be announced aren’t being, please?

        Dolomiti 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • PAD 0 PAD 0

          @dolomiti Might there be a degree of confusion over terminology here? I would expect via points to be announced and shaping points not to be. Could you provide a link to one of your routes in which points you want to be announced aren’t being, please?

          Dolomiti
          Dolomiti
          Dolomiti
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @pad-0 Here is the link to the route I tested. I was expecting for point 3 to get an announcement. https://www.myrouteapp.com/nl/social/route/5474795?mode=share

          Stefan Hummelink 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • Dolomiti Dolomiti

            @pad-0 Here is the link to the route I tested. I was expecting for point 3 to get an announcement. https://www.myrouteapp.com/nl/social/route/5474795?mode=share

            Stefan Hummelink
            Stefan Hummelink
            Stefan Hummelink
            Alpha tester
            wrote on last edited by Stefan Hummelink
            #5

            @PAD-0 @Dolomiti Neither of the two different waypoints are announced in MRA Navigation. The announcement functionality originates from dedicated Garmin satnavs as I understand it.

            MRA Nav does not include any type of waypoint announcement.

            Manks bu'j te bange.

            PAD 0 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Stefan Hummelink Stefan Hummelink

              @PAD-0 @Dolomiti Neither of the two different waypoints are announced in MRA Navigation. The announcement functionality originates from dedicated Garmin satnavs as I understand it.

              MRA Nav does not include any type of waypoint announcement.

              PAD 0
              PAD 0
              PAD 0
              wrote on last edited by PAD 0
              #6

              @stefanhummelink Down to a combination of my having very largely given up using Navigation some time ago due to it’s amazingly widely varied unreliability, along with my tendency to rarely use via points, maybe my mind is playing tricks, but I could have sworn it did announce via points. I am very open to being mistaken though.
              .
              If Navigation doesn’t currently announce via points (and never has) then that’s yet another massive failing to attribute to the app. In fact, I’d put it in a category called ‘dumbass’! It might as well just use shaping points.

              Stefan Hummelink 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • PAD 0 PAD 0

                @stefanhummelink Down to a combination of my having very largely given up using Navigation some time ago due to it’s amazingly widely varied unreliability, along with my tendency to rarely use via points, maybe my mind is playing tricks, but I could have sworn it did announce via points. I am very open to being mistaken though.
                .
                If Navigation doesn’t currently announce via points (and never has) then that’s yet another massive failing to attribute to the app. In fact, I’d put it in a category called ‘dumbass’! It might as well just use shaping points.

                Stefan Hummelink
                Stefan Hummelink
                Stefan Hummelink
                Alpha tester
                wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @pad-0 From my knowledge the via points were not introduced in MRA Routeplanner for use in MRA Nav perse. Instead it was intended for use with the garmin devices. Via points in MRA navigation are treated differently from shaping points in via points being not automatically skipped by the auto skipping algorithm.

                Now, before some users start commenting that this functionality in its entirety does not function correctly, the intent of the algorithm is as I wrote.😋 And that's where the distinction between both points arises.

                Manks bu'j te bange.

                Dolomiti 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • Stefan Hummelink Stefan Hummelink

                  @pad-0 From my knowledge the via points were not introduced in MRA Routeplanner for use in MRA Nav perse. Instead it was intended for use with the garmin devices. Via points in MRA navigation are treated differently from shaping points in via points being not automatically skipped by the auto skipping algorithm.

                  Now, before some users start commenting that this functionality in its entirety does not function correctly, the intent of the algorithm is as I wrote.😋 And that's where the distinction between both points arises.

                  Dolomiti
                  Dolomiti
                  Dolomiti
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @stefanhummelink @PAD-0 all great that we can distinguish between them and I understand this was originally done for the Satnavs. Now it's time to take 1 step further and use the advantage that you can distinguish between them and make a little annoucement 🙂 in the MRA Nav.

                  Stefan Hummelink 1 Reply Last reply
                  1
                  • Dolomiti Dolomiti

                    @stefanhummelink @PAD-0 all great that we can distinguish between them and I understand this was originally done for the Satnavs. Now it's time to take 1 step further and use the advantage that you can distinguish between them and make a little annoucement 🙂 in the MRA Nav.

                    Stefan Hummelink
                    Stefan Hummelink
                    Stefan Hummelink
                    Alpha tester
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @dolomiti said in Viapunt no warning:

                    Now it's time to take 1 step further and use the advantage that you can distinguish between them and make a little annoucement 🙂 in the MRA Nav.

                    I could not agree more! 😃

                    Manks bu'j te bange.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    1

                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                    Register Login
                    Reply
                    • Reply as topic
                    Log in to reply
                    • Oldest to Newest
                    • Newest to Oldest
                    • Most Votes


                    ACTIVE USERS
                    HABVEN aka MrMRA
                    HABVEN aka MrMRA
                    Stefan Hummelink
                    Stefan Hummelink
                    PAD 0
                    PAD 0
                    Dolomiti
                    Dolomiti
                    POPULAR TOPICS
                    • Waarom kan deze route niet berekend worden?
                      M. Schrijver
                      M. Schrijver
                      0
                      13
                      171

                    • Hello from Thailand
                      Glenn.B
                      Glenn.B
                      0
                      4
                      110

                    • [NL] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                      Marinus van Deudekom
                      Marinus van Deudekom
                      5
                      106
                      8.0k

                    • How to plan correctly
                      Christian Feurstein
                      Christian Feurstein
                      0
                      7
                      327

                    • New beta! 6.0.0 (514)
                      Corjan Meijerink
                      Corjan Meijerink
                      13
                      34
                      434

                    • MRA 6.0.0 (515) Menu color black // blue // white
                      Jörgen
                      Jörgen
                      0
                      2
                      28

                    • Auto skipping in next version (6)
                      M. Schrijver
                      M. Schrijver
                      0
                      5
                      273

                    MY GROUPS
                    • Login

                    • Login or register to search.
                    • First post
                      Last post
                    0
                    • Categories
                    • Recent
                    • Popular
                    • Support
                    • MyRoute-app