Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. Announcements
  3. [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)

[EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Announcements
124 Posts 42 Posters 12.0k Views 24 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Tim 57 0
    Tim 57 0
    Tim 57 0
    wrote last edited by
    #115

    That is exactly my point—or rather, my concern.

    What is the advantage of opting for a product or provider via a higher one-off payment?

    Choosing a monthly or annual subscription gives me maximum flexibility. If Calimoto or Kurviger releases a great feature next year, I can simply switch providers.

    However, if I commit to a product and place my trust in it for the future, I expect lifetime access that evolves with the service. As I mentioned, I’ve made various purchases of this kind in both my personal and professional life; in doing so, I am placing my trust in these companies.

    If paid updates or new, higher tiers—Gold+, Gold++, Platinum, etc.—are introduced later, it doesn't really feel like the customer is being valued. I really have to emphasize—and I mean this constructively, not aggressively or negatively—that this sort of thing scares off new customers.

    The various tiers and the confusing use of "Next" across different products make the whole thing incredibly muddled. Drawing on my professional experience in copywriting, sales promotion, SEO, and corporate digitalization, I can only surmise that you are already losing many potential customers at this stage. It lacks clarity and simplicity.

    Furthermore, I don't think it’s productive to confuse and unsettle—and ultimately lose—new customers who were still interested (only to add to that confusion with a website relaunch), while simultaneously unsettling or alienating existing customers (as seen in the comments here) and addressing them in a rather harsh tone.

    As I said, this isn't meant to provoke; it’s just an outside perspective from a new customer who hasn't been scared off yet but is definitely having doubts. To be honest, I’ve started looking at alternatives again since my first post here.

    Sad to say.

    1 Reply Last reply
    3
    • Karel76
      Karel76
      Karel76
      wrote last edited by Karel76
      #116

      In my opinion, they completely messed up the PR.

      Instead of a well-prepared campaign for the new version, there was total confusion, which they hurriedly tried to fix by adding information to the website. On top of that, their testers (routeexpert etc) and team members were putting down users who didn't understand the new version.

      This might be forgivable for a free, open-source project, but not for a paid service. If I had a subscription instead of a lifetime license (Lifetime Gold), I would switch to a competitor immediately.

      I've been dissatisfied with the Android app for a long time. Honestly, I regret buying the lifetime license and cannot recommend purchasing it to anyone I know.

      Stefan Hummelink Rob Verhoeff 2 Replies Last reply
      0
      • Karel76 Karel76

        In my opinion, they completely messed up the PR.

        Instead of a well-prepared campaign for the new version, there was total confusion, which they hurriedly tried to fix by adding information to the website. On top of that, their testers (routeexpert etc) and team members were putting down users who didn't understand the new version.

        This might be forgivable for a free, open-source project, but not for a paid service. If I had a subscription instead of a lifetime license (Lifetime Gold), I would switch to a competitor immediately.

        I've been dissatisfied with the Android app for a long time. Honestly, I regret buying the lifetime license and cannot recommend purchasing it to anyone I know.

        Stefan Hummelink
        Stefan Hummelink
        Stefan Hummelink
        Alpha tester
        wrote last edited by Stefan Hummelink
        #117

        @Karel76 said:

        putting down

        Regardless of the rest of your message, and whether your statements regarding those "other users" are true or not, you do realize that "putting down" in English means something completely different from what you intend to say... 😂?

        Manks bu'j te bange.

        Karel76 1 Reply Last reply
        1
        • Stefan Hummelink Stefan Hummelink

          @Karel76 said:

          putting down

          Regardless of the rest of your message, and whether your statements regarding those "other users" are true or not, you do realize that "putting down" in English means something completely different from what you intend to say... 😂?

          Karel76
          Karel76
          Karel76
          wrote last edited by
          #118

          @Stefan-Hummelink said:

          Regardless of the rest of your message, and whether your statements regarding those "other users" are true or not, you do realize that "putting down" in English means something completely different from what you intend to say... ?

          If I understand the phrase "putting down" correctly, that was the impression I got from the whole discussion on this topic.

          Stefan Hummelink Dae 0 2 Replies Last reply
          0
          • Karel76 Karel76

            In my opinion, they completely messed up the PR.

            Instead of a well-prepared campaign for the new version, there was total confusion, which they hurriedly tried to fix by adding information to the website. On top of that, their testers (routeexpert etc) and team members were putting down users who didn't understand the new version.

            This might be forgivable for a free, open-source project, but not for a paid service. If I had a subscription instead of a lifetime license (Lifetime Gold), I would switch to a competitor immediately.

            I've been dissatisfied with the Android app for a long time. Honestly, I regret buying the lifetime license and cannot recommend purchasing it to anyone I know.

            Rob Verhoeff
            Rob Verhoeff
            Rob Verhoeff
            Alpha tester
            wrote last edited by
            #119

            @Karel76 If you’re so convinced that this entire platform falls far short of your expectations, why do you post comments like this? Delete your account and look elsewhere. I consider this nothing more than an attempt to stir up discontent.

            🏍️ BMW K1600GT-P (2013) | Nolan N100-5 with Sena 30K
            📱 iOS on iPhone 13 & 16 (mounted on Quadlock or AliExpress extention on BMW-cradle)
            🚙 Apple CarPlay in VW T-Roc
            💻 Routelab on MacBook Air & iMac (Golden Gate & Ventura)

            1 Reply Last reply
            2
            • Karel76 Karel76

              @Stefan-Hummelink said:

              Regardless of the rest of your message, and whether your statements regarding those "other users" are true or not, you do realize that "putting down" in English means something completely different from what you intend to say... ?

              If I understand the phrase "putting down" correctly, that was the impression I got from the whole discussion on this topic.

              Stefan Hummelink
              Stefan Hummelink
              Stefan Hummelink
              Alpha tester
              wrote last edited by
              #120

              @Karel76 said:

              correctly

              Wellz you didn't 😉. Putting down means to euthanize or to kill and most often used for stray dogs or sick incurable animals.

              In Dutch: "inslapen" or "afmaken".

              Manks bu'j te bange.

              Vince Hyde 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Karel76 Karel76

                @Stefan-Hummelink said:

                Regardless of the rest of your message, and whether your statements regarding those "other users" are true or not, you do realize that "putting down" in English means something completely different from what you intend to say... ?

                If I understand the phrase "putting down" correctly, that was the impression I got from the whole discussion on this topic.

                Dae 0
                Dae 0
                Dae 0
                wrote last edited by Dae 0
                #121

                @Karel76 said:

                @Stefan-Hummelink said:

                Regardless of the rest of your message, and whether your statements regarding those "other users" are true or not, you do realize that "putting down" in English means something completely different from what you intend to say... ?

                If I understand the phrase "putting down" correctly, that was the impression I got from the whole discussion on this topic.

                “Putting down” can mean to insult or disparage someone. If that’s what you thought, then you have understood the phrase correctly

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • Stefan Hummelink Stefan Hummelink

                  @Karel76 said:

                  correctly

                  Wellz you didn't 😉. Putting down means to euthanize or to kill and most often used for stray dogs or sick incurable animals.

                  In Dutch: "inslapen" or "afmaken".

                  Vince Hyde
                  Vince Hyde
                  Vince Hyde
                  wrote last edited by
                  #122

                  @Stefan-Hummelink, with English being my first and, to be honest, my only language, the phrase putting down has several meanings; one is, as you say, to euthanize animals, but also, as the poster meant, to insult, criticize, or belittle a person; you can also put your bags or objects down.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  1
                  • Con Hennekens
                    Con Hennekens
                    Con Hennekens
                    Alpha tester
                    wrote last edited by
                    #123

                    This discussion is leading nowhere. There has been sufficient explanations multiple times, if people still do not understand they simply choose to not understand. I am not saying the hole introduction was 100% splendid, but enough has been said.

                    I think it is time to close the thread, before more people start being insulting or even abusing...

                    I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                    Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                    Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                    martin-phogel.de 1 Reply Last reply
                    1
                    • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

                      This discussion is leading nowhere. There has been sufficient explanations multiple times, if people still do not understand they simply choose to not understand. I am not saying the hole introduction was 100% splendid, but enough has been said.

                      I think it is time to close the thread, before more people start being insulting or even abusing...

                      martin-phogel.de
                      martin-phogel.de
                      martin-phogel.de
                      wrote last edited by
                      #124

                      @Con-Hennekens sagte:

                      if people still do not understand they simply choose to not understand.

                      Wow.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      • 1
                      • 2
                      • 3
                      • 4
                      • 5
                      • 6
                      • 7
                      ACTIVE USERS
                      Rob Verhoeff
                      Rob Verhoeff
                      martin-phogel.de
                      martin-phogel.de
                      Con Hennekens
                      Con Hennekens
                      Hubert Thoring
                      Hubert Thoring
                      Corjan Meijerink
                      Corjan Meijerink
                      Vince Hyde
                      Vince Hyde
                      Stefan Hummelink
                      Stefan Hummelink
                      Karel76
                      Karel76
                      Tim 57 0
                      Tim 57 0
                      Dave J 0
                      Dave J 0
                      John S Parry
                      John S Parry
                      LE DIZES Freddy
                      LE DIZES Freddy
                      Tom Grzelinski
                      Tom Grzelinski
                      Marinus van Deudekom
                      Marinus van Deudekom
                      Peter Schiefer
                      Peter Schiefer
                      Stanisław
                      Stanisław
                      Guzzist
                      Guzzist
                      Adrian Avram
                      Adrian Avram
                      JP d
                      JP d
                      Anonymouse
                      Anonymouse
                      Tenmill 0
                      Tenmill 0
                      silberfuchs67
                      silberfuchs67
                      Stevedo 6 0
                      Stevedo 6 0
                      Joe Hoss
                      Joe Hoss
                      POPULAR TOPICS
                      • [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                        martin-phogel.de
                        martin-phogel.de
                        9
                        124
                        12.0k

                      • Issues on one-way streets when reversing routes
                        b0hd1
                        b0hd1
                        0
                        10
                        39

                      • LAN004 - Route Import filetypes
                        Corjan Meijerink
                        Corjan Meijerink
                        0
                        13
                        36

                      • Route line is not easy to follow on map
                        Corjan Meijerink
                        Corjan Meijerink
                        0
                        6
                        22

                      • F004 MRA Navigation Error
                        Hubert Thoring
                        Hubert Thoring
                        0
                        5
                        19

                      • Probleem met eigen Stay
                        Albert van den Elsen
                        Albert van den Elsen
                        0
                        5
                        17

                      • I need help with the track navigation settings
                        Peter Zehentreiter
                        Peter Zehentreiter
                        0
                        5
                        152

                      • Reclame van Navigation Next blokkeert de navigatie.
                        Rob Verhoeff
                        Rob Verhoeff
                        0
                        4
                        109

                      MY GROUPS
                      • Login

                      • Login or register to search.
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Popular
                      • Support
                      • MyRoute-app