Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. MyRoute-app Routeplanner
  3. [Web] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
  4. I just want to browse the map!

I just want to browse the map!

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [Web] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
9 Posts 5 Posters 693 Views 3 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Stevedo 6 0
    Stevedo 6 0
    Stevedo 6 0
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Apologies if this has been covered before. I tried searching the community forum but did not come up with anything useful (the fact that a significant portion of the forum is in "foreign" does not help!).

    I just want to browse the maps and overlays without actually creating a new route. Currently, the only way I can see to browse the maps and overlays is to create a new route and then go back afterwards and delete the route! I don't always want to create a route! Surely I must be missing something that's staring me in the face.

    Rob Verhoeff Con Hennekens 2 Replies Last reply
    0
    • richard 3v
      richard 3v
      richard 3v
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Not that I'm aware of.
      Why don't you simply create a new route, call it Browse, and use this every time you only want to look at the maps.

      Stevedo 6 0 1 Reply Last reply
      1
      • Stevedo 6 0 Stevedo 6 0

        Apologies if this has been covered before. I tried searching the community forum but did not come up with anything useful (the fact that a significant portion of the forum is in "foreign" does not help!).

        I just want to browse the maps and overlays without actually creating a new route. Currently, the only way I can see to browse the maps and overlays is to create a new route and then go back afterwards and delete the route! I don't always want to create a route! Surely I must be missing something that's staring me in the face.

        Rob Verhoeff
        Rob Verhoeff
        Rob Verhoeff
        Alpha tester
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @Stevedo-6-0 You can already browse the overlay maps directly from the website's home screen. The only thing to keep in mind is that the square tool in the top-left corner of the map, which is used to create a Scenic Route, remains active. Other than that, you can scroll through all the overlay maps and view them one by one.

        Is it a bit annoying? Yes, it is. Another option is to create a single route called something like "Test" with just one route point. Whenever you want to browse the planning maps and/or overlay maps, simply open this route and you're free to explore without having to create a new one each time.

        Hopefully this will be improved in the future once the website has been completely redesigned. A lot of effort is currently being invested in that.

        🏍️ BMW K1600GT-P (2013) | Nolan N100-5 with Sena 30K
        📱 iOS on iPhone 13 & 16 (mounted on Quadlock or AliExpress extention on BMW-cradle)
        🚙 Apple CarPlay in VW T-Roc
        💻 Routelab on MacBook Air & iMac (Golden Gate & Ventura)

        Stevedo 6 0 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • richard 3v richard 3v

          Not that I'm aware of.
          Why don't you simply create a new route, call it Browse, and use this every time you only want to look at the maps.

          Stevedo 6 0
          Stevedo 6 0
          Stevedo 6 0
          wrote on last edited by Stevedo 6 0
          #4

          @richard-3v said:

          Not that I'm aware of.
          Why don't you simply create a new route, call it Browse, and use this every time you only want to look at the maps.

          The whole point is that I don't want, or need, to create a route if I'm just going to browse the map. I would consider it a step forward for the planner if creating a route first wasn't necessary. I was asking in my original post if I'd missed anything obvious in trying to just browse the map. Apparently I haven't.

          richard 3v 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • Rob Verhoeff Rob Verhoeff

            @Stevedo-6-0 You can already browse the overlay maps directly from the website's home screen. The only thing to keep in mind is that the square tool in the top-left corner of the map, which is used to create a Scenic Route, remains active. Other than that, you can scroll through all the overlay maps and view them one by one.

            Is it a bit annoying? Yes, it is. Another option is to create a single route called something like "Test" with just one route point. Whenever you want to browse the planning maps and/or overlay maps, simply open this route and you're free to explore without having to create a new one each time.

            Hopefully this will be improved in the future once the website has been completely redesigned. A lot of effort is currently being invested in that.

            Stevedo 6 0
            Stevedo 6 0
            Stevedo 6 0
            wrote on last edited by Stevedo 6 0
            #5

            @Rob-Verhoeff said:

            @Stevedo-6-0 You can already browse the overlay maps directly from the website's home screen. The only thing to keep in mind is that the square tool in the top-left corner of the map, which is used to create a Scenic Route, remains active. Other than that, you can scroll through all the overlay maps and view them one by one.

            Is it a bit annoying? Yes, it is. Another option is to create a single route called something like "Test" with just one route point. Whenever you want to browse the planning maps and/or overlay maps, simply open this route and you're free to explore without having to create a new one each time.

            Hopefully this will be improved in the future once the website has been completely redesigned. A lot of effort is currently being invested in that.

            This is a really poor interface just to browse the map, even when I put my browser into full screen mode and collapse the pane on the left hand side.

            As you say, hopefully this will be improved in the future.

            922183fb-ec09-49b8-b217-2dc2d4138db7-image.jpeg

            Rob Verhoeff 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Stevedo 6 0 Stevedo 6 0

              @Rob-Verhoeff said:

              @Stevedo-6-0 You can already browse the overlay maps directly from the website's home screen. The only thing to keep in mind is that the square tool in the top-left corner of the map, which is used to create a Scenic Route, remains active. Other than that, you can scroll through all the overlay maps and view them one by one.

              Is it a bit annoying? Yes, it is. Another option is to create a single route called something like "Test" with just one route point. Whenever you want to browse the planning maps and/or overlay maps, simply open this route and you're free to explore without having to create a new one each time.

              Hopefully this will be improved in the future once the website has been completely redesigned. A lot of effort is currently being invested in that.

              This is a really poor interface just to browse the map, even when I put my browser into full screen mode and collapse the pane on the left hand side.

              As you say, hopefully this will be improved in the future.

              922183fb-ec09-49b8-b217-2dc2d4138db7-image.jpeg

              Rob Verhoeff
              Rob Verhoeff
              Rob Verhoeff
              Alpha tester
              wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @Stevedo-6-0 said:

              This is a really poor interface

              As I said... annoying! But the alternative really works fine. Just create one route and use it for all times.

              🏍️ BMW K1600GT-P (2013) | Nolan N100-5 with Sena 30K
              📱 iOS on iPhone 13 & 16 (mounted on Quadlock or AliExpress extention on BMW-cradle)
              🚙 Apple CarPlay in VW T-Roc
              💻 Routelab on MacBook Air & iMac (Golden Gate & Ventura)

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Stevedo 6 0 Stevedo 6 0

                @richard-3v said:

                Not that I'm aware of.
                Why don't you simply create a new route, call it Browse, and use this every time you only want to look at the maps.

                The whole point is that I don't want, or need, to create a route if I'm just going to browse the map. I would consider it a step forward for the planner if creating a route first wasn't necessary. I was asking in my original post if I'd missed anything obvious in trying to just browse the map. Apparently I haven't.

                richard 3v
                richard 3v
                richard 3v
                wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @Stevedo-6-0 said:

                @richard-3v said:

                Not that I'm aware of.
                Why don't you simply create a new route, call it Browse, and use this every time you only want to look at the maps.

                The whole point is that I don't want, or need, to create a route if I'm just going to browse the map. I would consider it a step forward for the planner if creating a route first wasn't necessary. I was asking in my original post if I'd missed anything obvious in trying to just browse the map. Apparently I haven't.

                Sorry for trying to be helpful

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • a white mouse on the motorbike
                  a white mouse on the motorbike
                  a white mouse on the motorbike
                  Valued contributor
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  Perhaps in future there might be an option to close this frame; for example, a cross in the top right-hand corner of the frame. That way, you’d have the full screen for the map!

                  Misschien is er in de toekomst een optie mogelijk om dit kader te sluiten; bijvoorbeeld een kruis in de rechter bovenhoek van het kader. Dan heb je wel de volledige ruimte met de kaart!

                  met een R1250RT met TFT en BMW Connected Ride App (die dus nog steeds niet voldoet!) ; M.R.A. in combinatie met de Carpuride W702 (voor Android op de Motor!), de Garmin Zumo XT als backup en een Samsung Galaxy S24

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • Stevedo 6 0 Stevedo 6 0

                    Apologies if this has been covered before. I tried searching the community forum but did not come up with anything useful (the fact that a significant portion of the forum is in "foreign" does not help!).

                    I just want to browse the maps and overlays without actually creating a new route. Currently, the only way I can see to browse the maps and overlays is to create a new route and then go back afterwards and delete the route! I don't always want to create a route! Surely I must be missing something that's staring me in the face.

                    Con Hennekens
                    Con Hennekens
                    Con Hennekens
                    Alpha tester
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @Stevedo-6-0, What is "foreign" for you is not foreign for everyone. Your remark of "just browsing the map", I do understand, but it is the first time I see this on the forum. In the current web planner not much development will be done anymore, since a completely new web-planner is in the works. The workaround above seems to work just fine. It is true that the current webplanner is mainly targeted to planning routes. I can imagine the new web planner will be more similar to the current app planner workflow, but we will have to wait and see, and be patient.

                    I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                    Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                    Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    2

                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                    Register Login
                    Reply
                    • Reply as topic
                    Log in to reply
                    • Oldest to Newest
                    • Newest to Oldest
                    • Most Votes


                    ACTIVE USERS
                    Con Hennekens
                    Con Hennekens
                    a white mouse on the motorbike
                    a white mouse on the motorbike
                    Rob Verhoeff
                    Rob Verhoeff
                    Stevedo 6 0
                    Stevedo 6 0
                    richard 3v
                    richard 3v
                    POPULAR TOPICS
                    • [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                      Drabslab
                      Drabslab
                      9
                      92
                      2.4k

                    • [NL] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                      Stefan Hummelink
                      Stefan Hummelink
                      5
                      87
                      2.2k

                    • Elektrisch voertuig
                      Con Hennekens
                      Con Hennekens
                      0
                      21
                      715

                    • Garmin Satnav vs MRA Navigation Next
                      Peter Zehentreiter
                      Peter Zehentreiter
                      0
                      5
                      109

                    • Eerste keer MRA met Android auto, een wat mindere ervaring
                      AWDC LAO
                      AWDC LAO
                      0
                      4
                      38

                    • Seizoensafsluitingen
                      Con Hennekens
                      Con Hennekens
                      0
                      4
                      37

                    • Altitude numbers size
                      RainerT
                      RainerT
                      0
                      4
                      94

                    • Hoe kan ik in één route een stuk met en een stuk zonder snelwegen plannen
                      Con Hennekens
                      Con Hennekens
                      0
                      3
                      101

                    MY GROUPS
                    • Login

                    • Login or register to search.
                    • First post
                      Last post
                    0
                    • Categories
                    • Recent
                    • Popular
                    • Support
                    • MyRoute-app