Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. [Beta] The MyRoute-app
  3. [Beta] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
  4. Next fuel station inconsistent

Next fuel station inconsistent

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [Beta] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
10 Posts 5 Posters 70 Views 5 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • RetiredWingMan
    RetiredWingMan
    RetiredWingMan
    Valued contributor
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I was out for a short ride today. The issue with exit number on roundabouts is still not working for motorcycle but fine for auto.
    The next fuel station is not consistent. The app will show a station a few kms away but about 1 to 1.5 kms from the station it will suddenly switch to a station further away. The stations are still on the screen as small icons but don't register as the next station.
    On my return trip the stations remained on the screen until I was almost past them.

    I would really like to have the option to display something on the screen the indicates the current zoom level. At times it is difficult to quickly determine if I'm looking several kms along the route or a few hundred meters. This makes it difficult to properly prepare for turns etc.

    This screen shot shows a station on route but not identified as the next station.

    Screenshot_20240512_085801.jpg

    This one shows two stations on route but neither is shown as the next station on route.

    Screenshot_20240512_085937.jpg

    This one shows the next station on screen but about 1.4 kms from the station this large icon disappeared and a station further away was then chosen as the next closest station.

    Screenshot_20240512_102753.jpg
    .

    2010 GL1800 Goldwing using Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Android 13.

    Rob Verhoeff 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • RetiredWingMan RetiredWingMan

      I was out for a short ride today. The issue with exit number on roundabouts is still not working for motorcycle but fine for auto.
      The next fuel station is not consistent. The app will show a station a few kms away but about 1 to 1.5 kms from the station it will suddenly switch to a station further away. The stations are still on the screen as small icons but don't register as the next station.
      On my return trip the stations remained on the screen until I was almost past them.

      I would really like to have the option to display something on the screen the indicates the current zoom level. At times it is difficult to quickly determine if I'm looking several kms along the route or a few hundred meters. This makes it difficult to properly prepare for turns etc.

      This screen shot shows a station on route but not identified as the next station.

      Screenshot_20240512_085801.jpg

      This one shows two stations on route but neither is shown as the next station on route.

      Screenshot_20240512_085937.jpg

      This one shows the next station on screen but about 1.4 kms from the station this large icon disappeared and a station further away was then chosen as the next closest station.

      Screenshot_20240512_102753.jpg
      .

      Rob Verhoeff
      Rob Verhoeff
      Rob Verhoeff
      Alpha tester
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @RetiredWingMan I don't always find offering gas stations on or along the route to be particularly logical either. From a reliable source, I've learned that the specific algorithm for displaying gas stations is quite complicated. With a range of just under 500km, I don't have much to complain about, and before I leave for a trip, I usually decide around which waypoint I'd like to refuel. Or, during a multi-day trip, at least by the end of my day so I can start the next day with a full tank.

      šŸļø BMW K1600GT-P (2013) | Nolan N100-5 with Sena 30K
      šŸ“± iOS on iPhone 13 & 16 (mounted on Quadlock or AliExpress extention on BMW-cradle)
      šŸš™ Apple CarPlay in VW T-Roc
      šŸ’» Routelab on MacBook Air & iMac (Golden Gate & Ventura)

      RetiredWingMan GT JWR 2 Replies Last reply
      1
      • Rob Verhoeff Rob Verhoeff

        @RetiredWingMan I don't always find offering gas stations on or along the route to be particularly logical either. From a reliable source, I've learned that the specific algorithm for displaying gas stations is quite complicated. With a range of just under 500km, I don't have much to complain about, and before I leave for a trip, I usually decide around which waypoint I'd like to refuel. Or, during a multi-day trip, at least by the end of my day so I can start the next day with a full tank.

        RetiredWingMan
        RetiredWingMan
        RetiredWingMan
        Valued contributor
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @Rob-Verhoeff I always plan fuel stops in advance but occasionally a rides says they are low on gas. I was just reporting some inconsistencies in the function.

        2010 GL1800 Goldwing using Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Android 13.

        Rob Verhoeff 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • RetiredWingMan RetiredWingMan

          @Rob-Verhoeff I always plan fuel stops in advance but occasionally a rides says they are low on gas. I was just reporting some inconsistencies in the function.

          Rob Verhoeff
          Rob Verhoeff
          Rob Verhoeff
          Alpha tester
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @RetiredWingMan I fully endorse your message from beginning to end, although it seems to be quite a task to make it even more logical. As you mentioned, apparently, we don't have much trouble with it šŸ˜‰

          šŸļø BMW K1600GT-P (2013) | Nolan N100-5 with Sena 30K
          šŸ“± iOS on iPhone 13 & 16 (mounted on Quadlock or AliExpress extention on BMW-cradle)
          šŸš™ Apple CarPlay in VW T-Roc
          šŸ’» Routelab on MacBook Air & iMac (Golden Gate & Ventura)

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • Corjan Meijerink
            Corjan Meijerink
            Corjan Meijerink
            Developer
            wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I can agree that there are some inconsistencies.
            To be fair, we don't show the nearest fuel station just by distance to your position. We show the fuel station that is within a short of your current location that requires the smallest relative deviation.

            This simply means that when a lot of fuel stations are within a small distance from your location we find the one that allow you to stay as close to your route as possible.

            Given your screenshots the fact that we ignore some but suggest a fuel station that is at ~3km is perfect šŸ™‚

            1 Reply Last reply
            1
            • Corjan Meijerink
              Corjan Meijerink
              Corjan Meijerink
              Developer
              wrote on last edited by
              #6

              The other side of this really is that we simply skip all the complexity and just show the one nearest to you šŸ™‚ Easier to explain but when testing that version you get a lot of stupid ones where you think: "I can drive another 10km and get one directly on my route".

              Tradeoffs....tradeoffs....tradeoffs 😃

              1 Reply Last reply
              3
              • Rob Verhoeff Rob Verhoeff

                @RetiredWingMan I don't always find offering gas stations on or along the route to be particularly logical either. From a reliable source, I've learned that the specific algorithm for displaying gas stations is quite complicated. With a range of just under 500km, I don't have much to complain about, and before I leave for a trip, I usually decide around which waypoint I'd like to refuel. Or, during a multi-day trip, at least by the end of my day so I can start the next day with a full tank.

                GT JWR
                GT JWR
                GT JWR
                Valued contributor
                wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @Rob-Verhoeff the gas station search/visible that I see, seems to be limited to roughly 25mi.

                While I also research (using Google Maps, none the less) gas stations along my route, there are still places in the US where, on a motorcyle, you absolutely need to know the distance to the next station, and you had better have a full tank before you start because you could be on fumes (unless you carry an extra jug on back) before you get to the next one.

                My point - short range gas stations only are good - the ability to take any portion of your route, zoom in, and see a gas station would be great.

                Rob Verhoeff 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • GT JWR GT JWR

                  @Rob-Verhoeff the gas station search/visible that I see, seems to be limited to roughly 25mi.

                  While I also research (using Google Maps, none the less) gas stations along my route, there are still places in the US where, on a motorcyle, you absolutely need to know the distance to the next station, and you had better have a full tank before you start because you could be on fumes (unless you carry an extra jug on back) before you get to the next one.

                  My point - short range gas stations only are good - the ability to take any portion of your route, zoom in, and see a gas station would be great.

                  Rob Verhoeff
                  Rob Verhoeff
                  Rob Verhoeff
                  Alpha tester
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @GT-JWR As far as I can see it's about 55km (+/- 30 miles?). But I agree in desolated areas you would be able to see a little further than that!

                  šŸļø BMW K1600GT-P (2013) | Nolan N100-5 with Sena 30K
                  šŸ“± iOS on iPhone 13 & 16 (mounted on Quadlock or AliExpress extention on BMW-cradle)
                  šŸš™ Apple CarPlay in VW T-Roc
                  šŸ’» Routelab on MacBook Air & iMac (Golden Gate & Ventura)

                  GT JWR 1 Reply Last reply
                  1
                  • Rob Verhoeff Rob Verhoeff

                    @GT-JWR As far as I can see it's about 55km (+/- 30 miles?). But I agree in desolated areas you would be able to see a little further than that!

                    GT JWR
                    GT JWR
                    GT JWR
                    Valued contributor
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @Rob-Verhoeff pretty much bang on with the conversion!! šŸ‘

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • Bouke Ent
                      Bouke Ent
                      Bouke Ent
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      i will follow this because it is not always clear why first on the route is not shown but next. i had it in north of france a few times.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better šŸ’—

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      ACTIVE USERS
                      Corjan Meijerink
                      Corjan Meijerink
                      Rob Verhoeff
                      Rob Verhoeff
                      RetiredWingMan
                      RetiredWingMan
                      GT JWR
                      GT JWR
                      Bouke Ent
                      Bouke Ent
                      POPULAR TOPICS
                      • Waarom kan deze route niet berekend worden?
                        Brian McG
                        Brian McG
                        0
                        4
                        50

                      • Hello from Thailand
                        Bull Tahr
                        Bull Tahr
                        0
                        3
                        80

                      • How to plan correctly
                        Christian Feurstein
                        Christian Feurstein
                        0
                        7
                        297

                      • [NL] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                        M. Schrijver
                        M. Schrijver
                        5
                        105
                        7.7k

                      • Beurs aanbieding
                        Corjan Meijerink
                        Corjan Meijerink
                        0
                        3
                        96

                      • MRA 6.0.0 (515) Menu color black // blue // white
                        -1
                        1
                        16

                      • Auto skipping in next version (6)
                        Herman Veldhuizen
                        Herman Veldhuizen
                        0
                        4
                        227

                      • Wissel Here-TomTom
                        Hubert Thoring
                        Hubert Thoring
                        0
                        3
                        151

                      MY GROUPS
                      • Login

                      • Login or register to search.
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Popular
                      • Support
                      • MyRoute-app